“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3341 Dec 30, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Now let's break down how reading literature usually works. You might not know this or maybe you do.
Well the first thing is we know that most people who like reading a piece of literature usually know a little bit about what they're reading.
Example: The first thing most people who take an interest to reading the Bible know or should know about it by now is it involves an Eternal being with infinite wisdom. So when a person opens the first page and sees an Eternal being with infinite wisdom describing his creation to a finite human mind should have the understanding that He would not describe it detail for detail but would be describing it from the point of view that a finite mind could understand. If detail for detail were the case we would never get out of chapter 1. Could you imagine a Eternal being descibing billions of years detail for detail. Now with that being said, who goes into the Bible expecting the creation story to have literal scientific explanation?
We are on the same side.(earth age only) I have said pretty much the same thing as you did above many time on topix.

God described creation (using the bible) to a group of nomadic sheep herders not to a group of 21 century science majors.It is not the science but the stories message the bible is trying to tell.
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

#3342 Dec 30, 2012
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "He" introduced Himself. Are you speaking of God in the OT, or Jesus?
Why would "someONE" have to create the universe? Are you sure that's just not your physical thinking? What do fundies call it....carnal thinking, that's it.
I'm just exploring the disconnect in man's concept of God. How physcial terms are used for God, Hell, Heaven, etc.
I dont see something that isnt alive, doesnt make choices, always existing. Just personal belief. It is more logical to think that a being always existed and created things as they are then to think that things always existed in this kind of order. Just my 2 cents

And no Im talking of the God in the OT. Not Jesus

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3343 Dec 31, 2012
To all my atheist friends out there, happy new year and all the best for the year ahead.

Hope you have a good 4,550,000,000.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3344 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
continued: In other words, only a dummy would go into the Bible thinking he could prove or disprove it is there to explain things scientifically, especially after knowing it's style of writing.
Then why do fundies continually do it?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#3345 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Now let's break down how reading literature usually works. You might not know this or maybe you do.
Well the first thing is we know that most people who like reading a piece of literature usually know a little bit about what they're reading.
Example: The first thing most people who take an interest to reading the Bible know or should know about it by now is it involves an Eternal being with infinite wisdom. So when a person opens the first page and sees an Eternal being with infinite wisdom describing his creation to a finite human mind should have the understanding that He would not describe it detail for detail but would be describing it from the point of view that a finite mind could understand. If detail for detail were the case we would never get out of chapter 1. Could you imagine a Eternal being descibing billions of years detail for detail. Now with that being said, who goes into the Bible expecting the creation story to have literal scientific explanation?
Try to be a bit honest for a change and replace 'involves' with 'is based on the assumption of'.

Thank you.
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3346 Dec 31, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to be a bit honest for a change and replace 'involves' with 'is based on the assumption of'.
Thank you.

Let's be honest for a change and say that most Gentile sects nor intellectuals understand it's style of writing which is usually the reason they don't believe God and His word.

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3347 Dec 31, 2012
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do fundies continually do it?

Well I'm not the one adding up the genealogies on here trying to figure out the age of the earth not taking into account what is written and happened prior to their ages decreasing. There is actually an atheist on here who is doing that trying to support the young earths creationists theory so that way he could prove the Bible to prove it be invalid. That's not how I approach a piece of literature. You have to take everything into account and it's amazing that I would have to explain this to self-proclaimed readers.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3348 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be honest for a change and say that most Gentile sects nor intellectuals understand it's style of writing which is usually the reason they don't believe God and His word.
Why leave out the religious fundamentalist?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#3349 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to your Magic Jesus Decoder Ring?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#3350 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever read any Shakespeare you would know modern English was already understood by ordinary people. The King James scribes added 'th' to the end of everything to give it a phony air of authority. That writing style?
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3351 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
We are on the same side.(earth age only) I have said pretty much the same thing as you did above many time on topix.
God described creation (using the bible) to a group of nomadic sheep herders not to a group of 21 century science majors.It is not the science but the stories message the bible is trying to tell.

No, we're not on the same page. Not until you admit that you can't go into a biology book looking to see find answers to where the battle of Gettysburgs was fought or languge used to describe a battle. They're just not written the same. Doesn't mean both aren't telling the truth it just means someone hasn't learned how to read literature.

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3352 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh..I did. You just didn't recognize where I did.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3353 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm not the one adding up the genealogies on here trying to figure out the age of the earth not taking into account what is written and happened prior to their ages decreasing. There is actually an atheist on here who is doing that trying to support the young earths creationists theory so that way he could prove the Bible to prove it be invalid. That's not how I approach a piece of literature. You have to take everything into account and it's amazing that I would have to explain this to self-proclaimed readers.
I learned that trick from young earth creationist. If they learn to stay out of science class rooms I will stay out of there bible.They (young earth creationist)are attacking science from within I am returning the favor attacking the bible from within.

I find this amusing. You keep talking about people not understanding the style of writing in the Bible while not understanding what people in this time believed. The bible looks like a book that tells of a flat non-moving young earth because that was the common understanding at that time was.
AKA your guilty of the same thing!!!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3354 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we're not on the same page. Not until you admit that you can't go into a biology book looking to see find answers to where the battle of Gettysburgs was fought or languge used to describe a battle. They're just not written the same. Doesn't mean both aren't telling the truth it just means someone hasn't learned how to read literature.
I did, you just can't recognize where I did. I said the bible is not a science book. Bible is a fairy-tale with some history thrown in.
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3355 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned that trick from young earth creationist. If they learn to stay out of science class rooms I will stay out of there bible.

They (young earth creationist)are attacking science from within I am returning the favor attacking the bible from within.

I find this amusing. You keep talking about people not understanding the style of writing in the Bible while not understanding what people in this time believed. The bible looks like a book that tells of a flat non-moving young earth because that was the common understanding at that time was.
AKA your guilty of the same thing!!!

Here you go again. You're as bad as the creationists. If you're going to attack it at least know something about what's inside it.

This idea that it claims to be flat is ridiculous. If we take everything into account like a real investagator, we see the Bible use the 4 cordial points (N,S,E,W or the four corners). Pretty impressive for being one of the oldest known pieces of literature if you ask me. Now the fact that it uses the cordial points (four corners) should also tell you, the smart guy, that it was written like a map which are usually...uh... flat.(hence: the reason why Gentiles were led to believe that it was flat ). BUT...It's not the fault of the prophets who were inspired to write the Bible as to why they believed this for many centuries. It's the Gentile citizens who believed the misinterpretations of the bible from their leaders of Roman descent. Their leaders didn't want them knowing the earth was round until they went over seas and conquered what they thought belonged to them. Don't blame the prophets or the Jewish people. Blame those who weren't using their brain.

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3356 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>

continued: Oh and who still aren't using their brain

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3357 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible is a fairy-tale with some history thrown in.

Well if it were just fairy-tale then it wouldn't have predicted decades earlier of what was to come in 70 a.d.(Matthew 24:1-2) and what was to come centuries later for the Roman Gentile Empire (Beast) and it's look-a-like Church (Mother in scarlet). By the way, this also tells us Rome had no idea what they were doing when they chose the books they did. So if you think it was in their best interest to include their own demise think again. Who does that? Their worst mistake was preserving these works of coded language.

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3358 Dec 31, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
correction: I did include them
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#3359 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if it were just fairy-tale then it wouldn't have predicted decades earlier of what was to come in 70 a.d.(Matthew 24:1-2)
A "prediction" written decades AFTER the fall of the temple.

Why do you keep disregarding that?

It's EASY to "fulfill prophecy" when you write the story AFTER the events and can easily retro-fit what was said or "predicted."

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3360 Dec 31, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go again. You're as bad as the creationists. If you're going to attack it at least know something about what's inside it.
This idea that it claims to be flat is ridiculous. If we take everything into account like a real investagator, we see the Bible use the 4 cordial points (N,S,E,W or the four corners). Pretty impressive for being one of the oldest known pieces of literature if you ask me. Now the fact that it uses the cordial points (four corners) should also tell you, the smart guy, that it was written like a map which are usually...uh... flat.(hence: the reason why Gentiles were led to believe that it was flat ). BUT...It's not the fault of the prophets who were inspired to write the Bible as to why they believed this for many centuries. It's the Gentile citizens who believed the misinterpretations of the bible from their leaders of Roman descent. Their leaders didn't want them knowing the earth was round until they went over seas and conquered what they thought belonged to them. Don't blame the prophets or the Jewish people. Blame those who weren't using their brain.
Tell that to the ones burnt alive at the stack for saying the earth goes around the sun not the other way around. It was NOT common people that burnt these men to death it was the high ranking Church officials.

Joshua 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped,
until the nation took vengeance on their enemies.
Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stopped in midheaven, and did not hurry to set for about a whole day.

Just to clear up another little thing.What do you mean by"Gentile"? Non Jewish or pagan or a nation of people?

Nope the bible is a flat earth book through and through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The antichrist 11 min Mr Ironhart 19
Ask = THE ONLY PROPHET OF GOD = on Earth (Jul '13) 1 hr God the son 98
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr Cookie_Parker 13,785
++++++++ MESSAGE to CHRISTIAN FORUM ++++++++ (Mar '14) 2 hr God the son 154
+++++++++ YOU ARE a ANTICHRIST +++++++++ 4 hr janeebee 7
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 4 hr Mr Ironhart 1,109
I DO NOT NEED THE BIBLE to KNOW THE TRUTH (Aug '13) 4 hr God the son 11

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE