Why don't atheist and skeptics make a...
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3321 Dec 30, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you should study biology then. Here's a great place to start.
Biology 101: Intro to Biology
http://education-portal.com/academy/course/in...

Interesting but is this the same science where every 100 years or so another generation comes along and proves the last generation didn't have a clues as to what they are talking about. Not saying today's bioliologists are wrong about their findings but history shows this always happens to every generation of scientists, philosophers, and so-called intellectuals in the past. Imagine those poor convinced people who had to sit thru those boring debates not knowing 100 years later they dooped. All i'm saying is keep and an open mind my friend because you never know. You might be waisting your life on certainty that will be proven wrong 100 years down the line and not even make again in any debate. Can't say that about the Bible even when many people don't believe it and think they've proven it to be invalid. It at least makes it to the table after many centuries.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#3322 Dec 30, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, Isaac Asimov was a professor of biochemistry at Boston University.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001920/bio
Is this where I should call you names like a 3rd grade school boy?
Well that certainly qualfies him as an expert on the Bible.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3323 Dec 30, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Because atheism needs to make a positive case for itself if its to be taken as true.
Atheist have done that.

I tried to talk about it but no one wants to admit that free atheist countries are blowing the United States out of the water.

Economic freedom United States ranks 14th.

Education U.S. at 17th

Healthcare U.S. at 38th

Life expectancy U.S. at 51st

Quality of life U.S. at 13th

Infant mortality rates U.S. at 34th.

The only one that I can find where the United States is in the top ten is number of abortions. The United States ranks 2nd in Abortions. IMO that is not a good thing.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3324 Dec 30, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree he knows a work of fiction when he read it.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3325 Dec 30, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Bible isn't scientifically correct, as you fundies like to think.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#3326 Dec 30, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your being sarcastic,I hope...
Ben Franklin is not the originator of this quote, although he may have repeated it. It is attributed to Algernon Sidney from his Discourses on Government.
Sura 22:40
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3327 Dec 30, 2012
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Bible isn't scientifically correct, as you fundies like to think.

That's because it isn't written as a science book and never claimed to be. duh! You'd think generations of skeptics would have known this by now. BTW... It's not like you go into a history book looking to see what stem cells are. duh!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3328 Dec 30, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting but is this the same science where every 100 years or so another generation comes along and proves the last generation didn't have a clues as to what they are talking about.
Hardly. Can you think of some examples of *entire branches* of science being thrown out where a generation "didn't have a clue as to what they were talking about"?
servant wrote:
Can't say that about the Bible even when many people don't believe it and think they've proven it to be invalid. It at least makes it to the table after many centuries.
Of course it makes it to the table: believers would bring it there even if every single thing in it was proven false.

The power of religion.
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3329 Dec 30, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, only a dummy would go into the Bible thinking he could prove or disprove it is there to explain things scientifically, especially seeing how it's style of writing.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3330 Dec 30, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Also, I know a hell of a lot more about death and how to assess it than a primitive Roman you put on a pedestal trying to justify your fantasy book, baby. If you're American, because your location is hidden, the government trained me how to with your tax money.
I don't doubt that you know about death. You're arguing based upon what you know and have seen. What we talk about is something that we didn't see. But just because we didn't witness the resurrection of Christ doesn't mean that it didn't happen.
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3331 Dec 30, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. Can you think of some examples of *entire branches* of science being thrown out where a generation "didn't have a clue as to what they were talking about"?
<quoted text>
So you're saying science has never experienced centuries of trials and errors. Please! Tell that to the first guy who ate from a poison tree to cure his headache.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3332 Dec 30, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Sura 22:40
40 Permission is given to those who fight because they have been wronged,-and, verily, God to help them has the might, 41 who have been driven forth from their homes undeservedly, only for that they said,‘Our Lord is God;’ and were it not for God’s repelling some men with others, cloisters and churches and synagogues and mosques, wherein God’s name is mentioned much, would be destroyed. But God will surely help him who helps Him; verily, God is powerful, mighty. 42 Who, if we stablish them in the earth, are steadfast in prayer, and give alms, and bid what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and God’s is the future of affairs.

I don't know how you got "God helps them that help themselves" from the above Koran verses. I get that god will help those that help God for above.
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3333 Dec 30, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>

Sorry Allen. That wasn't for you

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3334 Dec 30, 2012
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>

continued: In other words, only a dummy would go into the Bible thinking he could prove or disprove it is there to explain things scientifically, especially after knowing it's style of writing.

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3335 Dec 30, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>

And even if things proven wrong are brought back up because they find out it they were wrong about it being wrong does that make it right...LOL...Got to love the trivial things human being will focus on but still can't love their own neigbors.

Oh and by the way, tell those intellectuals and scientists who have spent trillions tax payers dollars looking for life somewhere out in infinite space that life is starving right here on earth in front of there faces .

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3336 Dec 30, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, only a dummy would go into the Bible thinking he could prove or disprove it is there to explain things scientifically, especially seeing how it's style of writing.
You might not see the Bible as a science book but millions do.
On the earth being billions of years old atheist agree with you.

Why not take this up with young earth Christians?
https://www.google.com/webhp...

The "evolutionist" view was most popular in Sweden (68%), Germany (65%), and China (64%), with the United States ranking 18th (28%), between Mexico (34%) and Russia (26%); the "creationist" view was most popular in Saudi Arabia (75%), Turkey (60%), and Indonesia (57%), with the United States ranking 6th (40%), between Brazil (47%) with Russia and Mexico at (34%).

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3337 Dec 30, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh and by the way, tell those intellectuals and scientists who have spent trillions tax payers dollars looking for life somewhere out in infinite space that life is starving right here on earth in front of there faces .

We did we voted in a man that will feed the poor not the man that wanted to gut every safety net program the United States has to get the super rich another tax break.
servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3338 Dec 30, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
You might not see the Bible as a science book but millions do.
On the earth being billions of years old atheist agree with you.
Why not take this up with young earth Christians?

You are a young earth creatist, are you not. If you aren't then why are you choosing to go along with their false doctrine when you and I both know there is no evidence found in the Scriptures that gives us that exact number (6,000 years)... and like I said, any person who believes this number and believes fossils and dinosaur bones are planted here for the devil to trick us needs to have their head examined. Maybe it's not the devil. Maybe it's their narrow views of the Bible and maybe they are blind to the Bibles style of writing. But any way.....

I mean atheists and skeptics always accuse preachers of twisting scriptures in order to preserve their own narrow views of the Bible but what I find intresting is they (skeptics) not only know this but they go along with these interpretations from false preachers and then use it as their excuse as to why they don't believe what's written before examining the writtings themselves.

servant

Mérida, Mexico

#3339 Dec 30, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now let's break down how reading literature usually works. You might not know this or maybe you do.

Well the first thing is we know that most people who like reading a piece of literature usually know a little bit about what they're reading.

Example: The first thing most people who take an interest to reading the Bible know or should know about it by now is it involves an Eternal being with infinite wisdom. So when a person opens the first page and sees an Eternal being with infinite wisdom describing his creation to a finite human mind should have the understanding that He would not describe it detail for detail but would be describing it from the point of view that a finite mind could understand. If detail for detail were the case we would never get out of chapter 1. Could you imagine a Eternal being descibing billions of years detail for detail. Now with that being said, who goes into the Bible expecting the creation story to have literal scientific explanation?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3340 Dec 30, 2012
servant wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a young earth creatist, are you not. If you aren't then why are you choosing to go along with their false doctrine when you and I both know there is no evidence found in the Scriptures that gives us that exact number (6,000 years)... and like I said, any person who believes this number and believes fossils and dinosaur bones are planted here for the devil to trick us needs to have their head examined. Maybe it's not the devil. Maybe it's their narrow views of the Bible and maybe they are blind to the Bibles style of writing. But any way.....
I mean atheists and skeptics always accuse preachers of twisting scriptures in order to preserve their own narrow views of the Bible but what I find intresting is they (skeptics) not only know this but they go along with these interpretations from false preachers and then use it as their excuse as to why they don't believe what's written before examining the writtings themselves.
I'm an atheist dude.Earth is billions of years old. I do NOT agree with the bible but it does in fact say the earth is thousands of years old not billions.

No the bible does not have a verse that says the earth is exactly 6000 years old. You can how ever use dates and people ages to make an educated guess as to the age of earth using the bible. The date of the so called world wide flood as been set this way as well.No I do not believe in a flood covering the earth,but the bible does as do a good number of Americans.

No really, don't different Christian denominations see each other going to hell? Don't Baptist see Catholics saints as false doctrine and don't both Baptist and Catholics see Mormons and Jehovah Witness as cults?
Church of Christ believes in no musical instruments in church.

Why don't all Christian denomination have there women wear head-coverings?

New truths begin as heresies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Noah’s ark and the rainbow. 12 min little lamb 854
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking 17 min little lamb 260
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 8,474
Do Jews need to believe in Jesus? (Jan '15) 2 hr dollarsbill 30
Did Adam And Eve Ever Get Married? (Apr '09) 2 hr dollarsbill 283
Here is My Spiritual Dilemma ... 3 hr Jeremiah_one 188
County Clerk in Kentucky should resign. 4 hr little lamb 16
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 4 hr princeofdarknessi... 485
4,70,000 errors, mistakes, contradictions in bible 5 hr princeofdarknessi... 535
More from around the web