Hadassah wrote:
<quoted text>
who said there is only one god,
There is only ONE TRUE GOD,
but there are many little gods
It is not me that states that Satan is the god of this world,
its the bible,
2 Corithinans 4 3-4
3. If the Word of God is hid, it is hid from the LOST( Un Saved)
4. how the god of this world(SATAN) has blinded their minds to not believe,
Jesus didn't write Cor. or teach that Satan was the god of this world so why would you accept it over the teachings of Jesus? If you believe the NT, then you must know that Jesus supposedly told Satan to get lost when he was tempted in the desert. He didn't get all whiney and say he didn't have control over the earth.
God doesn't have control of earth, he has control of heaven,
Then your god is not omnipotent. He's just a little nothing without the power to create anything.
if GOD had control of earth everyone would have to believe in him whether they liked it or not.
Why do you always assume that the only alternative to your pathetic little god is a jack-booted authoritarian? All he would have to do is act rationally and give us some verifiable evidence of his existence. But then I've said this to you before. You are just parroting something you have been taught so you just keep repeating it. You should try another church, one that is a bit more progressive. You may develop a more positive approach to life.

Since: Mar 09

Dilley, TX

#1446 Jun 7, 2009
Abbey Yoyo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't write Cor. or teach that Satan was the god of this world so why would you accept it over the teachings of Jesus? If you believe the NT, then you must know that Jesus supposedly told Satan to get lost when he was tempted in the desert. He didn't get all whiney and say he didn't have control over the earth.
<quoted text>
Then your god is not omnipotent. He's just a little nothing without the power to create anything.
<quoted text>
Why do you always assume that the only alternative to your pathetic little god is a jack-booted authoritarian? All he would have to do is act rationally and give us some verifiable evidence of his existence. But then I've said this to you before. You are just parroting something you have been taught so you just keep repeating it. You should try another church, one that is a bit more progressive. You may develop a more positive approach to life.
Satan is the god of this world,

when you become a christian you are in this world, but not of this world,

Now I am child of GOD, a joint heir with Jesus in the Kingdom,

God is my Daddy, satan has no control of me or my family,

But it is still up to you to let Jesus in

Revelation 3; 20

Jesus said" Behold, I stand at the door of your heart and knock, if you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and dwell with you, and you with me",

it is up to you to let him in He will not force his way in.

He loved you so much your sin hung him on the cross, and he paid for them.

He still loves you enough to let you reject him.
he doesn't want forced love,

he wants true love,if you can't give it to him right now that is ok, he will wait,

“Question everything.”

Since: Jan 07

Lookingglass Land

#1447 Jun 8, 2009
Hadassah wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continue to say this? Jesus didn't say it. Whoever wrote that letter to the Corinthinians, traditionally called Paul, wrote it.
Then you don't have a job? You just wait for people to feed you or donate to you?
Revelation 3; 20
Jesus said" Behold, I stand at the door of your heart and knock, if you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and dwell with you, and you with me",
Rev. says a lot of things. For instance
Rev.1

1.[16] And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

So maybe you can explain to me what the 2-edged sword in the mouth is. Do you literally believe this is what will happen?
Now, come on, what did I say about this? Did your god have to demand a blood sacrifice? Hmmm?
And he doesn't want to show evidence of his existence obviously. He wants me to be irrational and believe in something without evidence. That's a mind f...k. Your god appears to like idiots who don't think, just parrot.

“Over the Next Ridge”

Since: Nov 08

Down by the Creek

#1448 Jun 8, 2009
Light Man wrote:
Why is that?
Maybe they don't believe in your disillusionment, or concept of god.

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1449 Jun 11, 2009
StreamWalker wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they don't believe in your disillusionment, or concept of god.
Should I equate it to yourself?

Since: Mar 09

Dilley, TX

#1450 Jun 11, 2009
Abbey Yoyo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continue to say this? Jesus didn't say it. Whoever wrote that letter to the Corinthinians, traditionally called Paul, wrote it.
<quoted text>
Then you don't have a job? You just wait for people to feed you or donate to you?
<quoted text>
Rev.1
1.[16] And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
So maybe you can explain to me what the 2-edged sword in the mouth is. Do you literally believe this is what will happen?
<quoted text>
Now, come on, what did I say about this? Did your god have to demand a blood sacrifice? Hmmm?
<quoted text>
And he doesn't want to show evidence of his existence obviously. He wants me to be irrational and believe in something without evidence. That's a mind f...k. Your god appears to like idiots who don't think, just parrot.
If you are not Saved, you are of this world,

if you are saved, you are of the Kingdom of GOD.

where Jesus, is in charge, I'm in the world, but not of the world,

God is my Daddy,

I am a joint heir with Jesus, God provides for me blesses me, with every thing he has, Peace, Love, Forgivness, Health,

satan is the god of this world, and in this worls with out God is

hate, envey, jelousy, murder, thieft, sickness,

satan comes only to KILL, STEAL, and DESTROY,

But Jesus is come to give you Life and Life in aboundence.

satan can't give nothing, because he has nothing.

“Question everything.”

Since: Jan 07

Lookingglass Land

#1451 Jun 14, 2009
Hadassah:
I think you're just cutting and pasting your responses now. You appear to be only capable of parroting something someone has taught you. You are a good example of why religion is not good for a society that relies on critical thinking from its people.

“na”

Since: Oct 08

na

#1452 Aug 21, 2009
i can say aman to that.
Abbey Yoyo wrote:
Hadassah:
I think you're just cutting and pasting your responses now. You appear to be only capable of parroting something someone has taught you. You are a good example of why religion is not good for a society that relies on critical thinking from its people.

Man of the Cloth

“Jesus Is Lord”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#1453 Aug 21, 2009
Abbey Yoyo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Rev.1
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I can explain it the two edge sword is the judgement to com and the wrath that will come out of the mouth of Christ when he returns to judge this present evil world, anymore questions?

“na”

na

#1454 Aug 21, 2009
Do you literally believe this is what will happen? was also the question.
Man of the Cloth wrote:
<quoted text>
I can explain it the two edge sword is the judgement to com and the wrath that will come out of the mouth of Christ when he returns to judge this present evil world, anymore questions?

Man of the Cloth

“Jesus Is Lord”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#1455 Aug 21, 2009
Mr_ X wrote:
Do you literally believe this is what will happen? was also the question. <quoted text>
the scripture speaks of the awesome power that just His Spoken words carry.
Tony

Australia

#1456 Aug 21, 2009
Light Man wrote:
Why is that?
The answer is simple really.

Because they do not want to, they do not love the truth.

This verse explains why all the lost were lost.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

It's simple, they refused to love the truth, they loved sin, and they hated the truth and hate the idea of God.

It's called free will, and MOST humans on Earth will not be in heaven, because they hated truth and would have been miserable in heaven anyway.

“In the rustling of the leaves”

Since: Dec 07

Washington, D.C.

#1457 Aug 21, 2009
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is simple really.
Because they do not want to, they do not love the truth.
This verse explains why all the lost were lost.
2 Thessalonians 2:10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
It's simple, they refused to love the truth, they loved sin, and they hated the truth and hate the idea of God.
It's called free will, and MOST humans on Earth will not be in heaven, because they hated truth and would have been miserable in heaven anyway.
Our bibles differ.
Your sez :..."they REFUSED TO LOVE the Truth,
and mine sez:...." them that perish, because they RECIEVED NOT the Love of the Truth".
Tony

Australia

#1458 Aug 21, 2009
Janeebananee wrote:
<quoted text>
Our bibles differ.
Your sez :..."they REFUSED TO LOVE the Truth,
and mine sez:...." them that perish, because they RECIEVED NOT the Love of the Truth".
In either case, that is why all the lost will be lost, they did not love the truth. By default, they did not love and welcome Jesus, because Jesus IS the truth, John 14:6

Washington, D.C.

#1459 Aug 22, 2009
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
In either case, that is why all the lost will be lost, they did not love the truth. By default, they did not love and welcome Jesus, because Jesus IS the truth, John 14:6
How can you accept any explanation indifferent to the suffering of human souls?
How can you be comfortable understanding that lost souls are to be eternally punished?

“na”

na

#1460 Aug 22, 2009
because its not there soul ,but the truth is this day will never come and they will wait till the day they die and still nothing.
Janeebananee wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be comfortable understanding that lost souls are to be eternally punished?
Tony

Australia

#1461 Aug 22, 2009
Janeebananee wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Who told you that I believe in eternal punishment? Don't assume to know what others believe. Ask for clarity.

2. The bible never teaches that there will be anyone going to be eternally punished, let me explain why.

Bible wasn't originally written in English. The word "hell" is not Hebrew or Greek word, its English! The Hebrew and Greek under the English word eternal, doesn't mean endless.

And interestingly enough, the NIV translators totally omitted the words hell and hellfire from the entire Old Testament, and the words don't even appear once.

In the original languages of the Bible - Hebrew and Koine Greek, eternal hellfire is NEVER taught!

We only get this idea of an eternal hellfire where people will burn forever in agony in the English Bible. But God never ever taught it, and eternal hellfire is not Biblical.

Eternal sleep[death] is the penalty for those who reject Jesus - John 3:36, Rom 6:23, Psa 37:20,104:35. They will burn, and burn up and be no more in a lake of fire which will eventually burn out - Oba 1:16.

Jesus talked about Gehenna and Gehenna was a literal rubbish dump! but English translators used the English word HELL for this, but in the Greek there is no such word as hell. And this won't burn forever either!

When Jesus used the term "Gehenna", his hearers clearly understood it to be a rubbish dump, situated south/west of Jerusalem where refuse and the bodies criminals were burnt. But English translators made it into HELL an English word that never exists in the original Greek.

Since rubbish and dead criminals and bodies were continuously added, the fires were perpetually flamed and kept alight. However, individual bodies did not burn endlessly (the modern misconception), they became ashes! Eternal hellfire is ONLY taught in English translations, it is not taught in the original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts.

Not once did Jesus say a place will burn the lost forever! Certain people only get this understanding from the English Bible. Nowhere in the Hebrew or Greek manuscripts does it talk about an eternal hellfire!
no rights

Groton, MA

#1462 Aug 22, 2009
perhaps because the christian god and his babble, er, bible is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL LOAD OF HORSE MANURE.

Washington, D.C.

#1463 Aug 23, 2009
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Who told you that I believe in eternal punishment? Don't assume to know what others believe. Ask for clarity.
2. The bible never teaches that there will be anyone going to be eternally punished, let me explain why.
Bible wasn't originally written in English. The word "hell" is not Hebrew or Greek word, its English! The Hebrew and Greek under the English word eternal, doesn't mean endless.
And interestingly enough, the NIV translators totally omitted the words hell and hellfire from the entire Old Testament, and the words don't even appear once.
In the original languages of the Bible - Hebrew and Koine Greek, eternal hellfire is NEVER taught!
We only get this idea of an eternal hellfire where people will burn forever in agony in the English Bible. But God never ever taught it, and eternal hellfire is not Biblical.
Eternal sleep[death] is the penalty for those who reject Jesus - John 3:36, Rom 6:23, Psa 37:20,104:35. They will burn, and burn up and be no more in a lake of fire which will eventually burn out - Oba 1:16.
Jesus talked about Gehenna and Gehenna was a literal rubbish dump! but English translators used the English word HELL for this, but in the Greek there is no such word as hell. And this won't burn forever either!
When Jesus used the term "Gehenna", his hearers clearly understood it to be a rubbish dump, situated south/west of Jerusalem where refuse and the bodies criminals were burnt. But English translators made it into HELL an English word that never exists in the original Greek.
Since rubbish and dead criminals and bodies were continuously added, the fires were perpetually flamed and kept alight. However, individual bodies did not burn endlessly (the modern misconception), they became ashes! Eternal hellfire is ONLY taught in English translations, it is not taught in the original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts.
Not once did Jesus say a place will burn the lost forever! Certain people only get this understanding from the English Bible. Nowhere in the Hebrew or Greek manuscripts does it talk about an eternal hellfire!
Bologna, Tony! Tube steak pretending sirloin.
I read at least 5 posts where you insisted Bro Lee was "lost", would never know Heaven, and was guilty of "eternal sin".
Surely, "eternal sin", implies eternal punishment,
(You're smothering yourself.)
no rights

Groton, MA

#1464 Aug 23, 2009
Hadassah wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I am child of GOD, a joint heir with Jesus in the Kingdom,
God is my Daddy, satan has no control of me or my family,
Revelation 3; 20
it is up to you to let him in He will not force his way in.
he wants true love,if you can't give it to him right now that is ok, he will wait,
ah, so you are worshipping a mass murdering, child killing all powerful a**hole sky buddy that couldn't be bothered to get up off of his FAT, LAZY A** and prevent the terrorist scum from killing innocent people on 9/11/01.

maybe your sky pixie was busy sitting on the toilet that day?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 4 min oxbow 1,093
If The Pope Were American 8 min oxbow 30
News Police need more training on hate crime, says A... 14 min oxbow 14
Another one joins our team ! 33 min oxbow 63
judgment coming to america 58 min oxbow 39
Israel is anti christ, literally 1 hr oxbow 38
Early Christianity 1 hr oxbow 2,100
More from around the web