Comments
21 - 40 of 54 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2012
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#22 Aug 31, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the NT is this approach encouraged?
As for the OP, welcome to topix. Right now I really enjoy the verses that challenge me personally.
Matthew 5:38-48 I find to be very appropriate both in real life and here on Topix. 2 Corinthians 13:11-14 are also appropriate to the work I doing in my life right now. I have recently been studying the Sabbath laws as well.
Which are your favorites?
Therefore be wise as serpents but harmless as doves.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#23 Aug 31, 2012
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a wolf?
Are you accusing Xtians of being sheep? Why would the wolf use sheep camo if not to attack sheep? Oh okay, he might wear it to attack cattle, as sheep are not threats to cattle. Or chickens. Hmm...or goats. But we could dress as goats...
Xtians are a sheep, an animal tricked by a Wolf wearing its brethren on its back. Like that wouldnt be obvious from at least 100 yards away.
No Punisher, I am warning her against self absorbed bigots like you. You are biased and a bigot against Christian because you hate it that we know the bible and you are too illiterate to understand it. You use big words teling how great you are and how smart you are when you ain't got nothing but hot air.

Wolves in sheep clothing? People like Nettie but you ain't got a clue.

“Only Biblical methods will”

Since: Apr 10

bring others to Christ

#24 Aug 31, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore be wise as serpents but harmless as doves.
That verse does not state to give as good you get or to return evil for evil. It says be wise so you may not be deceived, yet use this wisdom to cause no injury to another.

1 Peter 2:8-9

8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

God bless you and yours.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#25 Aug 31, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
lol ALL the atheists on topix berate and ridicule Christians.
And if you think I use scriture to berate you then you must feel a pang of guilt.
Only the stupid ones Sola. I have seen enough of your posts on other threads to know you are one of the stupid christians.

“To Believe is To Obey”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#26 Aug 31, 2012
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the NT is this approach encouraged?
As for the OP, welcome to topix. Right now I really enjoy the verses that challenge me personally.
Matthew 5:38-48 I find to be very appropriate both in real life and here on Topix. 2 Corinthians 13:11-14 are also appropriate to the work I doing in my life right now. I have recently been studying the Sabbath laws as well.
Which are your favorites?
Phillipians 1:21-23
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
But if I live on in the flesh, this wll mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell
For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to deart and be with Christ, wich is far better.

I also love all of John 15, Song of Solomon, the book of Ruth and 1 Timothy 4:12

“To Believe is To Obey”

Location hidden

#27 Aug 31, 2012
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
Brave? In what way? BTW, I'm the same in real life as I am on the internet. I make every effort to be polite, however, do not suffer fools gladly.
No worries. It was just a little joke.

“To Believe is To Obey”

Location hidden

#28 Aug 31, 2012
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't listen to him Deidre. Most atheists, including myself have no fight with you when you are talking about what you like about the bible. We do get involved when people like Sola use scripture to oppress and be bigoted against others. And he is the one who piped up on this one, trolling for a fight.
Now continue with your discussion, I have nothing to say to the topic of your thread.
p.s. I came here out of interest, because understanding what others believe, helps me understand a little bit of who they are. Doesn't mean I agree, but who am I to argue against something or someone, unless I know where they are coming from.
Well thanks for being interested :)
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#29 Aug 31, 2012
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the stupid ones Sola. I have seen enough of your posts on other threads to know you are one of the stupid christians.
Yeah and you're a stupid atheist.

“To Believe is To Obey”

Location hidden

#30 Aug 31, 2012
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice mantra.
To believe is to obey. To believe is to obey. To believe is to obey.
(dont forget the monotone voice) To believe is to obey. To believe is to obey. I believe, I will obey - to believ is to obey.
Oof!
Didnt one of the other posters - a...hmm, a Mr. Richards" say something about Xtians not being slaves to their God? To believe is to obey. When I obey I believe. Obeying is to believe. To believe is to to obey.
Maybe you didn't undestand my context in saying "to believe is to obey." It is not that I am somehow hypootizing myself into obeying, or convincing myself that I must obey. It is just to show that, although a LOT of chrisians confess that they believe in God, very few follow His commandments. It is not a quote for unbelievers, as it is for fellow Christians. The question is, if you have faith, do you really do as God commanded you? For Jesus did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it.(Matthew 5:17) and He said, "If you love Me, keep My commandments." (John 14:15) I am just trying to prevent any fellow believer from falling into a false sense of security, where he thinks belief alone is enough. For although we are saved by faith ALONE, works of faith are to come after. Not our own works, but the works of the Holy Spirit working through believers.

P.S. I do not mean to say that we as Christians are to fulfill the law as in the OT. I fully acknowledge that Christ did that and paid the full price for us on the cross. I only mean to say that if we love Christ, we should do as He commanded, to love one another, and love our God with all our hearts, for "on these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 22:40)

“To Believe is To Obey”

Location hidden

#31 Aug 31, 2012
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
You think they wouldn't dare express their opinions to Christians in real life?
Why?
Because they'd come to harm if they did?
Uh huh,..., that's what I thought.
Once again, just a little joke. Not meant to upset anyone.
England 2012

London, UK

#32 Sep 3, 2012
Deirdre222 wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, just a little joke. Not meant to upset anyone.
Dreary deidre, let's talk dirty, what's your fave sex act?.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#33 Sep 3, 2012
England 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dreary deidre, let's talk dirty, what's your fave sex act?.
stoopid twit
England 2012

UK

#34 Sep 3, 2012
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>stoopid twit
I was joking, sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#35 Sep 3, 2012
England 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was joking, sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to.
Thanks for coming clean...there are those here that wouldn't hesitate to post sh*t like this...

“theholychristian church.com”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#36 Sep 3, 2012
Deirdre222 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you didn't undestand my context in saying "to believe is to obey." It is not that I am somehow hypootizing myself into obeying, or convincing myself that I must obey. It is just to show that, although a LOT of chrisians confess that they believe in God, very few follow His commandments. It is not a quote for unbelievers, as it is for fellow Christians. The question is, if you have faith, do you really do as God commanded you? For Jesus did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it.(Matthew 5:17) and He said, "If you love Me, keep My commandments." (John 14:15) I am just trying to prevent any fellow believer from falling into a false sense of security, where he thinks belief alone is enough. For although we are saved by faith ALONE, works of faith are to come after. Not our own works, but the works of the Holy Spirit working through believers.
P.S. I do not mean to say that we as Christians are to fulfill the law as in the OT. I fully acknowledge that Christ did that and paid the full price for us on the cross. I only mean to say that if we love Christ, we should do as He commanded, to love one another, and love our God with all our hearts, for "on these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 22:40)
To believe is not to obey. To repent is to obey. It is kinda complicated, and you mean to explain it well, but it's not so simple.

Jesus says: him that has faith in me shall never die; through faith you are saved. This means to believe (have faith in what you read) and then repent, through that faith and baptized, in faith that this seemingly silly ritual is going to save you: nothing else saves. Understood?

Once you read and believe, you choose whether to repent and then baptize, thus repenting is obeying 50% to then complete the baptism 50%= 100% and 'Christian'.

Your quote: a lot of christian confess to believe but few follow. It's wrong.

My quote: a lot of people confess to believe in God, but few are or ever become Christians.

Believers are NOT 'Christians'; baptized person are Christians and Holy, per definition of the words and also referred to as 'Saints'.

http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/baptism...

Since: Jun 09

Cheyenne, OK

#37 Sep 6, 2012
cliff09 and Deidre222, Hi..I just returned from a long stay away from Topix and it's problem children. Am looking for logical and practical discussions with Christians about God's Word. If I find a good discussion I'll be a happy camper. If harassed by a problem child, all I do is ignore them.
Been reading over your posts and may have something to offer. To avoid a long post I will start off by saying that God in His wisdom had a plan for each and every one. The record of time as recorded in the bible confirms it's truth if by nothing else than prophesy being fulfilled. God took man step by step in his own timing. We sometimes refer to these steps as Ages, like now it is the Church Age. Man has and still does screw things up. Being saved simply means that a sinful person has found a way to be forgiven for their sins, or disrespect to fellow man. Will discuss this more and provide scriptures if there is an interest.

Cheyenne, OK

#38 Sep 6, 2012
Something to think about...The book of Acts is a transitional book.
Acts 2:38..repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.(This is Peter talking to a large crowd of Jews.)
Peter's Gospel, the gospel of the kingdom or the gospel of circumcision was preached to the nation of Israel, under the law of Moses.
Paul's Gospel, the gospel of grace or of uncircumcision was preached to Gentiles, and this gospel could not be until after the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Acts 16:31 And they (Paul & Silas)said; Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.(note: no mention of repenting or being baptized) If you believe that Jesus gave his life in payment for your sins, died, and rose again you are saved. Once saved you begin to grow spiritually looking forward to an eternity with Jesus.
More to come if interested.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#39 Sep 6, 2012
Huh?

Erick, OK

#40 Sep 7, 2012
Punisher wrote:
Huh?
Good Question.

“theholychristian church.com”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#41 Sep 22, 2012
Workitout wrote:
Something to think about...The book of Acts is a transitional book.
A)'GOSPEL' means 'Good News'

You are wrong in your formulation/understanding: all apostles preach one Gospel, not two or three, but using different terminology. No Christian CAN
misunderstand this, so you are NO Christian.

YOU: Acts 2:38..repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.(This is
Peter talking to a large crowd of Jews.

YOU: Peter's Gospel, the gospel of the kingdom or the gospel of circumcision was preached to the nation of Israel, under the law of Moses.

ANSWER: The Gospel of Peter did not exist in the times of Moses, Peter's Gospel is the Gospel of Christ as you read in Acts: 2:38. What Moses taught the Jews
you may call a 'Gospel' for it was the law of God, but it has been abolished by Jesus, whom brought the Gospel of Christ and Christianity.

ANSWER: The Apostles did discuss if they should tell the christians to circumcise, but the Holy Ghost got in there and turned their heart on the matter: and so they
did not, for it is not the law of Christ, the Gospel of Jesus.
- at this stage you really sound like a FOOL.

YOU: Paul's Gospel, the gospel of grace or of uncircumcision was preached to Gentiles, and this gospel could not be until after the death and resurrection of Jesus.

ANSWER:- Paul never preached the 'Gospel of ucircumcision' to any one; there is no such Gospel. Paul preached the Gospel of repentance, the Gospel of faith
etc. If you are going to use metaphors, use them intelligently! You are not a wise man, nor a knowledgeable man, so cool down a wee.

YOU: Acts 16:31 And they (Paul & Silas)said; Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.(note: no mention of repenting or being
baptized) If you believe that Jesus gave his life in payment for your sins, died, and rose again you are saved.

ANSWER: Acts 16:31 tells you clearly to believe in Jesus, whom tells you to Repent and Baptize in his name and if you do not you shall burn.
You must believe all that Jesus preached and follow it: as simple as that is the meaning of: through faith we are saved.
Now I can call you a fool, for you are not a Christian, and not in the brotherhood of christians, as you have demonstrated.

Jesus tells you: Repent and baptize.
JOH 3: 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Peter tells you: to repent and baptize, Acts 2:38

Paul tells you to repent and baptize, as all the other Apostles, for nothing else saves or makes holy, but FAITH IN JESUS.

JOHN:
MAT 18: 3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
JOH 3: 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
PE1 1: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

PAUL, about sinning after baptism, using the Metaphor 'Knowledge of the truth'.
HEB 10: 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
HEB 10: 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

----------

- The Gospel is not the way you like to see it: it is the way it is.
http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/christi...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 8 min Barnsweb 2,058
Scripture cancels Rapture lottery 13 min dollarsbill 104
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 35 min Cookie_Parker 13,673
May Solomons knowledge be bequethed on all Beli... 46 min dollarsbill 6
Pray for him, PLEASE 49 min dollarsbill 5
To Tell The Turth! 1 hr Hell-Sucks 104
Recovery, what recovery? 1 hr dollarsbill 67
Michael Brown was a Christian??? 1 hr dollarsbill 259
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 1 hr dollarsbill 440
Take America Back 2 hr Passing thru 998