First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“To Believe is To Obey”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 27, 2012
What are your favorite Bible passages?:)
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#2 Aug 27, 2012
Deirdre222 wrote:
If you have no experience on this site leave now. The atheists and wolves in sheeps clothing will descend on you and try to rip you to shreds.

If however you can give as good as you get, welcome aboard.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#3 Aug 27, 2012
Deirdre222 wrote:
I like the whole of Psalms 37.

“To Believe is To Obey”

Location hidden

#4 Aug 27, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have no experience on this site leave now. The atheists and wolves in sheeps clothing will descend on you and try to rip you to shreds.
Thanks for the warning.

“To Believe is To Obey”

Location hidden

#5 Aug 27, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
But the bravest atheist is the one behind a computer screen.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#7 Aug 27, 2012
Imam Wayne lives by this verse :

Ecclesiastes 9:10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might,
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#8 Aug 27, 2012
madscot wrote:
Imam Wayne lives by this verse :
Ecclesiastes 9:10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might,
Read Psalms 37 and find out your end without Christ.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#9 Aug 27, 2012
Deirdre222 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. You have spirit.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#10 Aug 27, 2012
I really like the passage in Ecclesiastes about there being a time for every purpose under Heaven.
I also agree with Wayne that Psalm 37 is awesome.

“theholychristian church.com”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#11 Aug 30, 2012
ONE BAPTISM NO MORE REMISSION FOR SIN
HEB 10: 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
HEB 10: 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

http://www.theholychristianchurch.com/cgi-bin...

BORN AGAIN
JOH 3: 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
JOH 3: 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
JOH 3: 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

LUKEWARM HOT COLD- JESUS SPEAKING TO A CHURCH
REV 3: 15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
REV 3: 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#12 Aug 30, 2012
Deirdre222 wrote:
<quoted text>
Brave? In what way? BTW, I'm the same in real life as I am on the internet. I make every effort to be polite, however, do not suffer fools gladly.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#13 Aug 30, 2012
Cliff09 wrote:
ONE BAPTISM NO MORE REMISSION FOR SIN
HEB 10: 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
HEB 10: 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
BORN AGAIN
JOH 3: 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
JOH 3: 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
JOH 3: 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
JOH 3: 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
LUKEWARM HOT COLD- JESUS SPEAKING TO A CHURCH
REV 3: 15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
REV 3: 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Wierd. Your favorite verses are John 3:3-7 and mine is John 3:8.
I guess you don't know what that one means, though it is the key to the passage.

Maybe you could find the meaning in that horse's ass website you pander.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#14 Aug 30, 2012
Deirdre222 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the warning.
Don't listen to him Deidre. Most atheists, including myself have no fight with you when you are talking about what you like about the bible. We do get involved when people like Sola use scripture to oppress and be bigoted against others. And he is the one who piped up on this one, trolling for a fight.

Now continue with your discussion, I have nothing to say to the topic of your thread.

p.s. I came here out of interest, because understanding what others believe, helps me understand a little bit of who they are. Doesn't mean I agree, but who am I to argue against something or someone, unless I know where they are coming from.

“Only Biblical methods will”

Since: Apr 10

bring others to Christ

#15 Aug 30, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>

Where in the NT is this approach encouraged?

As for the OP, welcome to topix. Right now I really enjoy the verses that challenge me personally.

Matthew 5:38-48 I find to be very appropriate both in real life and here on Topix. 2 Corinthians 13:11-14 are also appropriate to the work I doing in my life right now. I have recently been studying the Sabbath laws as well.

Which are your favorites?

“Proud To Be A Christian”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#16 Aug 30, 2012
Isaiah 40:28-31
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#17 Aug 30, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a wolf?

Are you accusing Xtians of being sheep? Why would the wolf use sheep camo if not to attack sheep? Oh okay, he might wear it to attack cattle, as sheep are not threats to cattle. Or chickens. Hmm...or goats. But we could dress as goats...

Xtians are a sheep, an animal tricked by a Wolf wearing its brethren on its back. Like that wouldnt be obvious from at least 100 yards away.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#18 Aug 30, 2012
Deirdre222 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice mantra.

To believe is to obey. To believe is to obey. To believe is to obey.
(dont forget the monotone voice) To believe is to obey. To believe is to obey. I believe, I will obey - to believ is to obey.

Oof!

Didnt one of the other posters - a...hmm, a Mr. Richards" say something about Xtians not being slaves to their God? To believe is to obey. When I obey I believe. Obeying is to believe. To believe is to to obey.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#19 Aug 30, 2012
CIMLAS2 wrote:
Isaiah 40:28-31
Led Zeppelin III,Trk 4

Since: Dec 09

United States

#20 Aug 31, 2012
Deirdre222 wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
You think they wouldn't dare express their opinions to Christians in real life?
Why?
Because they'd come to harm if they did?
Uh huh,..., that's what I thought.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#21 Aug 31, 2012
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't listen to him Deidre. Most atheists, including myself have no fight with you when you are talking about what you like about the bible. We do get involved when people like Sola use scripture to oppress and be bigoted against others. And he is the one who piped up on this one, trolling for a fight.
Now continue with your discussion, I have nothing to say to the topic of your thread.
p.s. I came here out of interest, because understanding what others believe, helps me understand a little bit of who they are. Doesn't mean I agree, but who am I to argue against something or someone, unless I know where they are coming from.
lol ALL the atheists on topix berate and ridicule Christians.

And if you think I use scriture to berate you then you must feel a pang of guilt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 4 min God the son 14,632
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 19 min Barnsweb 1,164
This Christian Forum is a absolute EMBARRASSMENT 49 min par five 321
The Social Harm of Religion 1 hr Hardcore 93
MY DEFINITION of " IDIOT" 1 hr dollarsbill 20
Joel Osteen is one of only a few upon the earth... 1 hr dollarsbill 104
Thank the Lord 1 hr dollarsbill 30
Atonement? 6 hr Old GT 194
New Discovery Shows No God Needed To Create Life 7 hr The truth works 242
Houston Mayor Says City’s Church Sermon Subpoen... 14 hr Hardcore 70