Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist...
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#143 Feb 14, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
This theory, the Ptolemaic geocentric theory, developed in the second century after Christ. This was a highly held view in that particular time period. But the Bible does 'not' make this claim. It was a theory that got intermingled with theology.
Are you saying that Martin Luther and Cardinal Bellarmine did not understand the Bible as well as you, because you are more intelligent than they or is it because you have 500 years more of science at your disposal?

The Index Librorum Prohibitorum was a list of publications prohibited by the Church in 1559. The purpose of the list was to protect the faith by preventing the reading of books or works containing theological errors. Books thought to contain such errors included many scientific works by leading astronomers such as Copernicus’“On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres”, Johannes Kepler's “Epitome of Copernican Astronomy”, Galileo’s “Dialogue” and all of the works of the scientific Giordano Bruno.
Job

Martinez, CA

#144 Feb 14, 2013
I'm definitely not more intelligent than Martin Luther or Cardinal Bellarmine. And yes, we have 500 years more of science at our disposal. Science doesn't contradict the Bible though..

As far as the Church around that time period, they had numerous prohibitions. One of them was commoners having a Bible in their possession.

But the issue is not what the church restricted/prohibited, but what the Bible itself actually states. The geocentric theory came about well after Christ and the first Christians.
Lordofnuts

Charlotte, NC

#145 Feb 14, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You're practicing a "double standard". The suggestion you made from #1 on your list was that Christians are hypocrites for believing in the God of the Bible, but rejecting all others.
2. At least Stephen Roberts wasn't practicing a double-standard.
3. Thomas Jefferson however was not an atheist:
4. Again, a non-atheist, and a non-anti-theist.
Like many, you're making the mistake in believing that the founding fathers were like today's anti-theists.
You're a tough little nut to crack I see! I really only have interest in helping the medium to easy nuts! The really tough nuts can become unstable like a violent nuclear reaction when the faith component is removed. It is best to let them live out the rest of their lives and take comfort in the fact that their children and grandchildren have a much better chance of joining us in reality.

(1) I think the average person has no problem understanding number one which I assume you mean number 10? I think you have no idea what a double standard means. The point was to show how absurd it is to dismiss thousands of other peoples gods for the same reasons I dismiss yours! If you wrote out 2799 gods by name with the reasons you dismiss each one would that get the point across when looking at my list of 2800?

(2) Steven Roberts quote fit me perfectly, that's why I used it. No double standard. I reject each one of the thousands of gods equally. I do however feel the need to expose the big 3 because of the huge amount of damage caused past and present.

(3/4) As a former Christian, how did I know your reaction? LOL.. I could have quoted a hard core atheist but were is the fun in that? I'm starting to see a pattern here. One of your problems is the labels you attach to people when convenient. I'm also not an atheist, in fact Christians distorted that label to the point most don't like to use it anymore. I'm a former Christian and now consider myself an Agnostic or Agnostic atheist if you must. While the Gnostic atheist does exist he is very rare and somewhat foolish!

You guys crack me up when you hear or see someone mention "GOD" in a positive way. A Christian looked at the "God made a farmer" Superbowl ad as pro Christian. A Hindu thought it was about the great God Shiva! LOL.. So yes I intentionality quoted Jefferson because the God he talked about was the God of Deism! When he wrote the "Jefferson bible" he left out all the nonsense about Jesus miracles, Jesus being God and the mythical resurrection of Jesus. So you say he wasn't an atheist and I say OKAY! LOL.. The Hindu that was touched by the "God made a farmer" Superbowl ad wasn't either!
Continued next post...
Lordofnuts

Charlotte, NC

#146 Feb 14, 2013
(3/4) Continued

I have examined all of the known superstitions of the world and I do not find in our superstitions of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all founded on fables and mythology. Christianity has made one-half the world fools and the other half hypocrites.~ Thomas Jefferson

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

“The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites.”-Thomas Jefferson

“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.”–Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823
Lordofnuts

Charlotte, NC

#147 Feb 14, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You're practicing a "double standard". The suggestion you made from #1 on your list was that Christians are hypocrites for believing in the God of the Bible, but rejecting all others.
2. At least Stephen Roberts wasn't practicing a double-standard.
3. Thomas Jefferson however was not an atheist:
4. Again, a non-atheist, and a non-anti-theist.
Like many, you're making the mistake in believing that the founding fathers were like today's anti-theists.
You're a tough little nut to crack I see! I really only have interest in helping the medium to easy nuts! The really tough nuts can become unstable like a violent nuclear reaction when the faith component is removed. It is best to let them live out the rest of their lives and take comfort in the fact that their children and grandchildren have a much better chance of joining us in reality.

(1) I think the average person has no problem understanding number one which I assume you mean number 10? I think you have no idea what a double standard means. The point was to show how absurd it is to dismiss thousands of other peoples gods for the same reasons I dismiss yours! If you wrote out 2799 gods by name with the reasons you dismiss each one would that get the point across when looking at my list of 2800?

(2) Steven Roberts quote fit me perfectly, that's why I used it. No double standard. I reject each one of the thousands of gods equally. I do however feel the need to expose the big 3 because of the huge amount of damage caused past and present.

(3/4) As a former Christian, how did I know your reaction? LOL.. I could have quoted a hard core atheist but were is the fun in that? I'm starting to see a pattern here. One of your problems is the labels you attach to people when convenient. I'm also not an atheist, in fact Christians distorted that label to the point most don't like to use it anymore. I'm a former Christian and now consider myself an Agnostic or Agnostic atheist if you must. While the Gnostic atheist does exist he is very rare and somewhat foolish!

You guys crack me up when you hear or see someone mention "GOD" in a positive way. A Christian looked at the "God made a farmer" Superbowl ad as pro Christian. A Hindu thought it was about the great God Shiva! LOL.. So yes I intentionality quoted Jefferson because the God he talked about was the God of Deism! When he wrote the "Jefferson bible" he left out all the nonsense about Jesus miracles, Jesus being God and the mythical resurrection of Jesus. So you say he wasn't an atheist and I say OKAY! LOL.. The Hindu that was touched by the "God made a farmer" Superbowl ad wasn't either!
Continued on next post...
Lordofnuts

Charlotte, NC

#148 Feb 14, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN......
WOW what a valuable contribution, your intellectual prowess is stupefying!!!
Lordofnuts

Charlotte, NC

#149 Feb 14, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not asking if the pictures exist. Do you 'honestly' believe that there is a real deity referred to as the FSM outside of pictures and written words?
Yes of course he has just as much evidence as your god or any of the 2800 other gods! I don't worship him but I do feel a little bit guilty every time we have spaghetti. I mean since there are alot of people that do worship him it doesn't seem right to just chomp down on his holiness!

You might think this is a lie but it really happened! We were having spaghetti about 3 years ago and I was the last to eat. My wife said the meatballs were all gone so I prayed to FSM for more meat balls. When I looked in my bowl there wasn't any sue enough. I just figured he didn't answer prayers just like Jesus and thought nothing more of it. Then when I dug down to the bottom of the bowl there were not one, not 2, but 3 tasty meat balls! I was tempted to officially join FSM because that was some seriously freaky sh*t! Then I realized God answers a few prayers for lost car keys and other BS also so no big deal!
Lordofnuts

Charlotte, NC

#150 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe that the god of Abraham exists outside of pictures and books?
I did at one time because I never really questioned my childhood indoctrination. Now being a well informed adult, HELL NO!

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#151 Feb 14, 2013
Lordofnuts wrote:
<quoted text>I did at one time because I never really questioned my childhood indoctrination. Now being a well informed adult, HELL NO!
I understand, and a big ole Ramen to you

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#152 Feb 14, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a 'no true Scotsman' ploy? Romans, for example, calls anyone who doesn't share his peculiar notions a 'fake Christian' or 'child of Satan' or 'Satanist'. Besides that, he made up a slanderous lie about me but I have forgiven him. Dollarsbil, for example, calls everyone and their domestic animals a Satanist but he's just insane so that doesn't count. Wayne treats me like dirt but that's how I know he loves me.
God bless you.
Jesus is the ONLY way into Heaven. All other beliefs and paths are lies from Satan. So yes, a person is either a Christian or a Satanist......a child of God or a child of Satan.

What "slanderous lie" did I tell about you?

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#153 Feb 14, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the ONLY way into Heaven. All other beliefs and paths are lies from Satan. So yes, a person is either a Christian or a Satanist......a child of God or a child of Satan.
What a Maroon, There are Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Druids, Wiccans, Pastafarians, to darn many to list. Just because someone has a different religion than you do does not make then bad, evil or corrupt. When you post Jesus' weeps
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#154 Feb 14, 2013
Blasphemer! ;)
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just to funny........lol!!

#155 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>What a Maroon, There are Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Druids, Wiccans, Pastafarians, to darn many to list. Just because someone has a different religion than you do does not make then bad, evil or corrupt. When you post Jesus' weeps
And in Hell they lift up their eyes being in torments..........a person can't get into Heaven without Jesus Christ.(Luke 16:19-31)

You can't be good enough, or do good enough works, or earn you salvation in any way.......salvation is a free gift by trusting in the sinless life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.(Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:9-13)

John 3:36- He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#156 Feb 14, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
And in Hell they lift up their eyes being in torments..........a person can't get into Heaven without Jesus Christ.(Luke 16:19-31)
You can't be good enough, or do good enough works, or earn you salvation in any way.......salvation is a free gift by trusting in the sinless life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.(Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:9-13)
John 3:36- He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
OK Romans, what proof do you have that yours is the only true religion?

#157 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>OK Romans, what proof do you have that yours is the only true religion?
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The proof is the changed lives of those that TRULY get saved. People get delivered from the chains and enslavement of sin. They become complete NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST! It's a life changing experience!

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#158 Feb 14, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The proof is the changed lives of those that TRULY get saved. People get delivered from the chains and enslavement of sin. They become complete NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST! It's a life changing experience!
Bull hockey. Now tell me , what proof do you have that yours is the only true religion?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#159 Feb 14, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians get that.

I'll not refresh your memory. The forum knows what slanderous lie you spread about me.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#160 Feb 15, 2013
Job wrote:
I'm definitely not more intelligent than Martin Luther or Cardinal Bellarmine. And yes, we have 500 years more of science at our disposal. Science doesn't contradict the Bible though..
As far as the Church around that time period, they had numerous prohibitions. One of them was commoners having a Bible in their possession.
But the issue is not what the church restricted/prohibited, but what the Bible itself actually states. The geocentric theory came about well after Christ and the first Christians.
Then why do you think intelligent people like Martin Luther and Cardinal Bellarmine thought the Bible contradicted Copernicus, Galileo and Bruno?
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#161 Feb 15, 2013
Job wrote:
The RCC did not stop or prohibit anyone from reading or owning a copy of Holy Scripture. "Nettiebelle said so!
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#162 Feb 15, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians get that.
I'll not refresh your memory. The forum knows what slanderous lie you spread about me.
I don't. He speaks the truth. You however, are all over the board in our beliefs. You don't even believe half of what the Catholic Church puts forth as dogma. Why not just be honest with yourself and become a Buddhist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 2 min Emmeline 4,505
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 9 min Emmeline 671
The crimes of Christianity 16 min Jesus Is 377
News UN agency reports large gender gaps across glob... 19 min Jesus Is 246
Hearing Voices (the supernatural world) 22 min Praise Jesus 80
The New Covenant 22 min Jesus Is 166
Evidence Against God 57 min KAB 2,736
All non-believers;GO AWAY. 1 hr Praise Jesus 42
More from around the web