Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist...

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#123 Feb 14, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a 'no true Scotsman' ploy? Romans, for example, calls anyone who doesn't share his peculiar notions a 'fake Christian' or 'child of Satan' or 'Satanist'. Besides that, he made up a slanderous lie about me but I have forgiven him. Dollarsbil, for example, calls everyone and their domestic animals a Satanist but he's just insane so that doesn't count. Wayne treats me like dirt but that's how I know he loves me.
God bless you.
Good luck in this endeavor, be strong. I fear that your words of wisdom will fall upon deaf ears.
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#124 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why cant the FSM exist?
If the FSM exists, it probably does so without my permission. Do you believe that the FSM exists?
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#125 Feb 14, 2013
Blasphemer.
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
What 'exactly' is your god? I can't say if your god is false if I don't know what it is. If your god, for instance is your car, then I think your god is very real. If your god is spaghetti, I think it's very real. I probably have some in my cupboard. If your god is a flying spaghetti monster, then I would say no. Then I would question you as to whether or not you really think it exists.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#126 Feb 14, 2013
Yes, because the IPU told me it does.

And I like the midgit [sic].
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
If the FSM exists, it probably does so without my permission. Do you believe that the FSM exists?

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#127 Feb 14, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
Why yes he/she/it does. I have seen pictures and read the words spoken by him/her/it. That alone is proof.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#128 Feb 14, 2013
True brother. I have the gospel myself. You can't argue with the gospel.

www.amazon.co.uk/Gospel-Flying-Spaghetti-Mons...
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why yes he/she/it does. I have seen pictures and read the words spoken by him/her/it. That alone is proof.
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#129 Feb 14, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "acting the same way toward them as atheists act toward me or us"?
You deny the existence of gods that others believe in just as an atheist denies the existence of the god you believe in.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#130 Feb 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so very true, its in print, in many nations and countries all across the globe. I have my very own copy.

In the Name of FSM, Meatball and Garlic Toast, Ramen

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#131 Feb 14, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny the existence of gods that others believe in just as an atheist denies the existence of the god you believe in.
So very true, so very true.
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#132 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why yes he/she/it does. I have seen pictures and read the words spoken by him/her/it. That alone is proof.
I'm not asking if the pictures exist. Do you 'honestly' believe that there is a real deity referred to as the FSM outside of pictures and written words?
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#133 Feb 14, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The people that we're talking about were bent on wiping the Israelites off of the planet. "We" (the United States) dropped a bomb on Japan killing women and children." If you have this type of view towards a man bent on the 'preservation' of his nationality, then you would have to conclude that our U.S. war department in 1945 was just as detestable.
2. This is a verse that people use to suggest that God commanded rape. Is this what you believe?
3. People were burned at the stake by those who considered them heretics. My question to the other poster was who was ever burned at the stake for proving the Bible 'wrong'? Giordano Bruno didn't prove the Bible to be 'wrong', nor did he try to.
"To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus Christ was not born of a virgin." - Cardinal Bellarmine the Inquisitor at the trial of both Giordano Bruno and Galileo Galilei
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#134 Feb 14, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any problem with atheists denying the God I believe in. I don't view what an atheist believes as "acting" in any way towards me. What an atheist does or does not believe has nothing to do with me.

I also don't think that what I believe or don't believe is "acting" in any way towards anyone else. I don't think what I believe or don't believe is violating atheists, or those with other spiritual beliefs. It's just simply 'belief'.
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#135 Feb 14, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
"To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus Christ was not born of a virgin." - Cardinal Bellarmine the Inquisitor at the trial of both Giordano Bruno and Galileo Galilei
Yes, but the Bible does not claim that the earth does not revolve around the Sun. GB and GG did not prove the Bible to be wrong, only those who had a wrong perception. It's really not any different than the wrong perceptions anti-theists have.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#136 Feb 14, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not asking if the pictures exist. Do you 'honestly' believe that there is a real deity referred to as the FSM outside of pictures and written words?
Do you believe that the god of Abraham exists outside of pictures and books?
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#137 Feb 14, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but the Bible does not claim that the earth does not revolve around the Sun. GB and GG did not prove the Bible to be wrong, only those who had a wrong perception. It's really not any different than the wrong perceptions anti-theists have.
According to Martin Luther the Bible says the sun moves and not the earth.

``People gave ear to an upstart astrologer [Copernicus] who strove to show that the earth revolves, not the heavens or the firmament, the sun and the moon. Whoever wishes to appear clever must devise some new system, which of all systems is of course the very best. This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy; but sacred Scripture tells us that Joshua commanded the sun to stand still, and not the earth.''- Martin Luther, 1539
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#138 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe that the god of Abraham exists outside of pictures and books?
Yes I do! Now how about answering my question.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#139 Feb 14, 2013
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do! Now how about answering my question.
Yes I do.
Job

Santa Clara, CA

#140 Feb 14, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Martin Luther the Bible says the sun moves and not the earth.
``People gave ear to an upstart astrologer [Copernicus] who strove to show that the earth revolves, not the heavens or the firmament, the sun and the moon. Whoever wishes to appear clever must devise some new system, which of all systems is of course the very best. This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy; but sacred Scripture tells us that Joshua commanded the sun to stand still, and not the earth.''- Martin Luther, 1539
This theory, the Ptolemaic geocentric theory, developed in the second century after Christ. This was a highly held view in that particular time period. But the Bible does 'not' make this claim. It was a theory that got intermingled with theology.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#141 Feb 14, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
I consider it a great honor to be a fundamentalist Christian.......which is someone who holds to the fundamentals of the Christian faith. My Independent Fundamental Bible Believing beliefs are in line with the original apostles' teachings and early church model.
Who would want to be a worthless worldly "Christian"? There is something wrong with a Christian if people can't tell the difference between you and the world. The Holy Bible is clear that we are to be separate.(2 Corinthians 6:17)
But the most important thing is:
Do you know that Heaven will be your home if you were to die right now?
http://www.swordofthelord.com/salvation.php
AMEN......

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#142 Feb 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just to funny........lol!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 10 min truth 1,208
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 12 min Big Al 341
Hospice Care or Murder? (Jan '13) 2 hr fallen angel 111
judgment coming to america 9 hr fallen angel 55
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 9 hr fallen angel 2,114
Israel is anti christ, literally 9 hr fallen angel 46
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 10 hr fallen angel 1,098
More from around the web