1. I personally am not in any way attacking the questioning of the involvement of a God. I understand the idea of offering alternative possibilities. It's not the proposal that maybe God has nothing to do with any of this I question, so much as the absolute 'insistence' that God has 'nothing' to do with social media. Or that the God of the Bible does not exist for that matter.1. <quoted text>But that doesn't mean the claims are factual. What is reality is that a message was received, nothing more. Same with Democracy. We're watching that right now - people, groups and communities receiving the messages of Democratic ideals thru social networking, etc...does that mean an entity is "in there"...?
If technology had developed with an aura of mysticism surrounding it, with quasi-religious overtones (as depicted in many good and bad sci-fi fictions) whose to say that's not what people newly exposed to "technology" would believe is at work...?
Just because people get a "message", receive it and then adopt a new way of looking at things does not mean a God is behind it. Many people are receiving for the first time the messages that they are not alone in their disbelief...that being an atheist in a Religious, in this case Xtian drenched society they are not alone, and that they can speak out, be what they want to be, whats genuine for them in this regards.
2. By your account that's probably Satan at work. using technology to his advantage. That he runs a Spam center sending out his messages.
3. If you/others would seriously look at what you're saying about these matters you might (I say with caution) See how absurd it is.
2. I honestly don't know what Satan's involvement is. I personally believe that there is spiritual involvement from both God and Satan. But this just goes back to the original question as to whether or not God and Satan exist. If they do (as I believe they do), is there any reason to believe they are not involved in social media? Is there a reason to believe that Jesus doesn't use social media as a tool to reach individuals? Is there some reason social media and technology would be off-limits to God?
3. What exactly is absurd? That the God of the Bible exists? Or that the God of the Bible would use technology? Would things be less absurd if the God of the Bible existed but had no involvement with technology? Would it be too carnal?