“We R Watching U”

Since: Dec 11

Albany, NY

#42 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I'm not talking about Got salvation - but rather creating ans instituting system to protect and help the middle class and their earnings. About us revamping many Gov't programs that hurt the Middle class and profit ONLY the small few at the top of the heap, and mostly reversing any/all legislation that continues to pay or subsidize poor business practices that are all based on old models, or old conditions.
And the first place to start is all the billions of dollars in subsidies we pay, our taxes pay - to Mega-farmers, oil companies, etc, etc...to either do nothing, or produce more and charge more...thereby altering the market system and eliminating the Free from the entire system.
Im not talking about handing out money willy-nilly - but when we're already doing that for a select few who have the money to lobby the shyte of our elected Govt employees to give them more and more - why not aim some of that money our way...?
I see. You're talking about cooperate welfare. I am against that too.

I am completely against the government funding mega farms and factory farms and oil companies. Also,companies like Walmart. I have never shopped in one and never will.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#43 Apr 4, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,,we commonly see tigers and wolves mothering antelopes and lambs. Yeah right.
I understand how the ecosystem works,in general,it is vicious and brutal and the only reason that humans are on top of the food chain is due to our intellect. Our intellect also makes us the most vicious animals of all. We are the only animals who strive to destroy our planet and ourselves.
Where I live I am not seeing the working poor as a problem. I see gangsters as a problem that is never going to end as long as the government keeps giving them a free rise.
Go over to Albany,NY Topix and talk your talk,you will see that I am not the only one who is sick of funding the easy life for gangsters and other street thugs. People here are not mega rich,we are working class people and when we get off work we would like to be able to walk or drive down the damn street without packing pepper spray and gun.
Did I say wolves nurse deer? Dont be silly.

First of all I dont anthropomorphize Nature. its not vicious nor brutal. Those are solely humans traits.

I live on LONG ISLAND, NY, I work and have played in NYC and its boroughs for many a decade - I know ghetto's and I know the poor neighborhoods. And I know of Albany, and Syracuse, and Wash DC, and a few nasty parishes and neighborhoods of NOLA...

I'm not saying these things, these people DONT exist, but the numbers are not as large, as they once were. There will always be pockets of, and individual miscreants who will never contribute, but always take whats not theirs. Not sure we can ever eradicate that from the Human condition. And letting them "die off" wont ever be a reality as its not likely to happen...that they actually die off. We'll just end up with isolated enclaves that will grow and become bigger problems....

My point is that we have to deal with the new economy, the real one we're living with and not dream of the past or a perfect past.

We either want to move ahead as a Nation, or we cling to a past that is gone, and let opportunities pass us and wonder why we cant right this ship we call the USA.

We cant throw everything out and then do nothing...we have to do something, and soon...but it appears that we're seriously stuck in this nation where more people want to stagnate and slide backwards, over those who really want to move forward...

I gotta go..gotta go grill some meat...!
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#44 Apr 4, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, The Netherlands or in Dutch,Nederland. Obama patterned his healthcare plan for them.
I realize that the middle class is shrinking and becoming the poor but the smart ones will find a way to move upwards again. Isn't that how the middle class became the middle class by creating jobs for themselves? I did. I used my passion for dance and created my own jobs from it.
I am not cold hearted or anything but I feel that waiting for government to salvation is a pipe dream which is not going to happen. Like prayer,it wastes time which could be better spent doing something to help one's self.
Good plan BTW.
Wow, how'd I miss the stripper joke? Passion for dance..etc...sorry.

But without the Arts being subsidized by the Govt (Thank you FDR!) there would be no dance "industry" in this nation. Dance by itself, as an industry, doesnt produce anything and therefore would be eliminated by a real free-market, or shrink so small not to be a viable means to make a living, except for a few. But dance is now everywhere...mostly due to Gov't subsidies and now the extreme commercialization of it...(which drives me nuts how pervasive it is now...I mean really, must we sell so many products with dancers? Inane!)

So don't forget to thank Satan for the Govt subsidies that kept dance alive...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#45 Apr 4, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. You're talking about cooperate welfare. I am against that too.
I am completely against the government funding mega farms and factory farms and oil companies. Also,companies like Walmart. I have never shopped in one and never will.
Good for you, me neither. But we're the minority.

cooperate welfare...? Not sure what you mean..corporate welfare?

Im not solely talking about corporate welfare, but also a better system of public assistance, or public back-up, or something were we dont let so many fall thru the cracks - and fall so far they cant climb out...

Now I gotta go...been fun...sorry if I was harsh...just typing fast and furious...
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#46 Apr 4, 2013
"One of the reasons that health care costs in the United States are so much higher than the rest of the world is that insurance companies spend too much on administration and profiteering. What we're trying to do is get health care dollars into health care," - Sen. Bernie Sanders about Health Care Reform

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

#47 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest a new PR campaign...as few people will ever view Satan symbolically and a useful one at that. Why not use a tree? Or do the Druids have that one all wrapped up?
More importantly; Why an entity with so much baggage? I'm a full-blooded atheist and the word Satan only conjures a dude with dark reddish skin, horns, and a severe case of the meanies.??? A bunny might be more public friendly...lol...or a peeps...?
All I wanted was a personal POV...as the link will merely give me a pro-forma explanation. When I ask a xtian the same Q, they are usually pretty eager to explain what their faith/system means to them...
No biggie...
Do you have any idea how many times I've had to explain satanism? It is like Ozzy being weary of explaining the bat biting thing.

OK, for one, we do not proselytize and so we do not care if the name,Satan, scares or puts some people off. We feel that people are born satanists. That satanists are a new prototype of human evolution. Almost every satanist has always thought and felt about life and the world according to the satanic philosophy in The Satanic Bible. Even,before we knew what satanism was. When I read The Satanic Bible for the first time,it was as if I had written it myself. I was just like, "Well,there are other people who think like me".
Satan is symbolic of the dark,chaotic force in nature and best represents our philosophy and often our aesthetics. Satanism is a religion of the flesh and the carnal. Like the character of Satan,we challenge and question all things and refuse to blindly serve traditions.
Satanism is anti-religion. We mirror back to all religion with our rituals and spooky esthetics the insanity of their own beliefs in deities and devils.
We are non-dualistic and consider the self to be our own god. Our own reality the only reality which we can be certain of.

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

#48 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, how'd I miss the stripper joke? Passion for dance..etc...sorry.
But without the Arts being subsidized by the Govt (Thank you FDR!) there would be no dance "industry" in this nation. Dance by itself, as an industry, doesnt produce anything and therefore would be eliminated by a real free-market, or shrink so small not to be a viable means to make a living, except for a few. But dance is now everywhere...mostly due to Gov't subsidies and now the extreme commercialization of it...(which drives me nuts how pervasive it is now...I mean really, must we sell so many products with dancers? Inane!)
So don't forget to thank Satan for the Govt subsidies that kept dance alive...
I'm a belly dancer and I do not receive one dime from the government to subsidize my career. The government receives money from me by way of taxes which they pass on to other people,some of whom would murder,rape and rob me if given half a chance.
I dance in clubs,cafes and sometimes parties if I know the people and know it will be safe. The only help I get comes from my cousin who is a photographer and her friends,who always male sure I have plenty of great pics to make posters and fliers with and who promote me to everyone they think would like to hire a belly dancer.
You see, if you use your passion and your talents, you can create your own jobs and they will be more rewarding than doing something you do not enjoy for a living.

I do thank Satan because Satan is just my ego and the driving force behind my passion for dance.

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

#49 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say wolves nurse deer? Dont be silly.
First of all I dont anthropomorphize Nature. its not vicious nor brutal. Those are solely humans traits.
I live on LONG ISLAND, NY, I work and have played in NYC and its boroughs for many a decade - I know ghetto's and I know the poor neighborhoods. And I know of Albany, and Syracuse, and Wash DC, and a few nasty parishes and neighborhoods of NOLA...
I'm not saying these things, these people DONT exist, but the numbers are not as large, as they once were. There will always be pockets of, and individual miscreants who will never contribute, but always take whats not theirs. Not sure we can ever eradicate that from the Human condition. And letting them "die off" wont ever be a reality as its not likely to happen...that they actually die off. We'll just end up with isolated enclaves that will grow and become bigger problems....
My point is that we have to deal with the new economy, the real one we're living with and not dream of the past or a perfect past.
We either want to move ahead as a Nation, or we cling to a past that is gone, and let opportunities pass us and wonder why we cant right this ship we call the USA.
We cant throw everything out and then do nothing...we have to do something, and soon...but it appears that we're seriously stuck in this nation where more people want to stagnate and slide backwards, over those who really want to move forward...
I gotta go..gotta go grill some meat...!
They are all leaving NYC for Albany. That is why you think there's not as many.

Of course they are human trait and we are humans describing nature.

I mostly concern myself with living my life to the best of my ability and to the greater good of myself and my loved ones. I am not against law and order because they make life easier for me. I would love to see the US straighten out the mess it is in but if all else fails then it is a good of an excuse as any to move to Aruba.

Some of us actually hoped Romney would be elected just to get to laugh at the tea party idiots.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#50 Apr 4, 2013
CWU wrote:
"One of the reasons that health care costs in the United States are so much higher than the rest of the world is that insurance companies spend too much on administration and profiteering. What we're trying to do is get health care dollars into health care," - Sen. Bernie Sanders about Health Care Reform
You ain't seen nuthin yet.

Wait till you see Consumer Health Care Costs Skyrocket out of control now that Obama's got his grubby hands on it.

The Camel's nose is already under the tent.....

"CANCER CLINICS TURN AWAY MEDICARE USERS...

".....Oncologists say the reduced funding, which took effect for Medicare on April 1, makes it impossible to administer expensive chemotherapy drugs while staying afloat financially.

Patients at these clinics would need to seek treatment elsewhere, such as at hospitals that might not have the capacity to accommodate them.

“If we treated the patients receiving the most expensive drugs, we’d be out of business in six months to a year,” said Jeff Vacirca, chief executive of North Shore Hematology Oncology Associates in New York.“The drugs we’re going to lose money on we’re not going to administer right now.”

After an emergency meeting Tuesday, Vacirca’s clinics decided that they would no longer see one-third of their 16,000 Medicare patients....."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

"Rationing Begins: States Limiting Drug Prescriptions for Medicaid Patients

( CNSNews.com )– Sixteen states have set a limit on the number of prescription drugs they will cover for Medicaid patients, according to Kaiser Health News.

Seven of those states, according to Kaiser Health News, have enacted or tightened those limits in just the last two years.

Medicaid is a federal program that is carried out in partnership with state governments. It forms an important element of President Barack Obama's health-care plan because under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act--AKA Obamcare--a larger number of people will be covered by Medicaid,
as the income cap is raised for the program......

In Alabama, Medicaid patients are now limited to one brand-name drug, and HIV and psychiatric drugs are excluded.

Illinois has limited Medicaid patients to just four prescription drugs as a cost-cutting move, and patients who need more than four must get permission from the state....."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rationing-beg...
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#51 Apr 4, 2013
Greed and self interest works against the common interests of a society. You can add all the police, courts and prisons you want, but unless you address income inequality in society, you will never have peace.

"People in more equal societies live longer, have better mental health and have better chances for a good education regardless of their background. Community life is stronger where the income gap is narrower, children do better at school and they are less likely to become teenage parents. When inequality is reduced people trust each other more, there is less violence and rates of imprisonment are lower."

http://www.equalitytrust.org.uk

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#52 Apr 5, 2013
All politicians are tools and puppets of evil,no matter which political party they are associated with.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#53 Apr 5, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait till you see Consumer Health Care Costs Skyrocket out of control now that Obama's got his grubby hands on it.
Obama Care is not perfect but it's got us going in the right direction. But I guess you think if someone can't afford health care they should just go somewhere and die quietly.

Like many Conservative Christian Republicans you claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ but you sound more like a follower of the anti-christ Ayn Rand. The two philosophies are diametrically opposed.

Ayn Rand or Jesus Christ? Conservatives Can't Have It Both Ways

Many conservatives swear on a stack of Bibles that they worship Jesus Christ when they really bow down to the philosophy of Ayn Rand.

http://bit.ly/ZcwC5D
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#54 Apr 5, 2013
ObamaCare Facts: Facts on the Obama Health Care Plan

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-facts.php
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#55 Apr 5, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
They are all leaving NYC for Albany. That is why you think there's not as many.
Of course they are human trait and we are humans describing nature.
I mostly concern myself with living my life to the best of my ability and to the greater good of myself and my loved ones. I am not against law and order because they make life easier for me. I would love to see the US straighten out the mess it is in but if all else fails then it is a good of an excuse as any to move to Aruba.
Some of us actually hoped Romney would be elected just to get to laugh at the tea party idiots.
And had Romney been elected...women would be in the process of losing a lot of their freedoms. Dont ever doubt the misogyny that IS the GOP.

Thats not really a way to laugh at anybody when they take over...they'd be doing the laughing...kinda sorta like saying, "I hope Hitler returns and gets elected so we can laugh at the Nazis." You'd be laughing from the other side of the concertina wire...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#56 Apr 5, 2013
CWU wrote:
Greed and self interest works against the common interests of a society. You can add all the police, courts and prisons you want, but unless you address income inequality in society, you will never have peace.
"People in more equal societies live longer, have better mental health and have better chances for a good education regardless of their background. Community life is stronger where the income gap is narrower, children do better at school and they are less likely to become teenage parents. When inequality is reduced people trust each other more, there is less violence and rates of imprisonment are lower."
http://www.equalitytrust.org.uk
Yup, and this is why this Nation is NOT a truly Xtian Nation, founded on real Xtian, rather Jesus based values...it was founded on commercial interests, and typically those of White males...

And White male conservatives are scared shyteless right now as they are shrinking in numbers and voting power. What was once a 86% block of the voting public in the Reagan days, is now under 75%.

The issue in the US is that no one ever defined equality in any real way. It was always a game of catch-up...never a policy of direct action to go into the future with...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#57 Apr 5, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
".....Oncologists say the reduced funding, which took effect for Medicare on April 1, makes it impossible to administer expensive chemotherapy drugs while staying afloat financially.
Patients at these clinics would need to seek treatment elsewhere, such as at hospitals that might not have the capacity to accommodate them.
“If we treated the patients receiving the most expensive drugs, we’d be out of business in six months to a year,” said Jeff Vacirca, chief executive of North Shore Hematology Oncology Associates in New York.“The drugs we’re going to lose money on we’re not going to administer right now.”
After an emergency meeting Tuesday, Vacirca’s clinics decided that they would no longer see one-third of their 16,000 Medicare patients....."
( CNSNews.com )– Sixteen states have set a limit on the number of prescription drugs they will cover for Medicaid patients, according to Kaiser Health News.
Seven of those states, according to Kaiser Health News, have enacted or tightened those limits in just the last two years.
Medicaid is a federal program that is carried out in partnership with state governments. It forms an important element of President Barack Obama's health-care plan because under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act--AKA Obamcare--a larger number of people will be covered by Medicaid,
In Alabama, Medicaid patients are now limited to one brand-name drug, and HIV and psychiatric drugs are excluded.
Illinois has limited Medicaid patients to just four prescription drugs as a cost-cutting move, and patients who need more than four must get permission from the state....."
While I'm not 100% behind Obamacare...there are many faults in the plan, no doubt.

BUT - the costs werre already heading towards the stratosphere. With little to no attention being payed to the broken system.

I find it laughable that Republicans like Romney and others before him spoke of a better system that needed to be Govt regulated, sourced etc...but now its but another third rail for the GOP Kool-aid drinkers.

How many third rails (fear pandering) can the GOP rely on to keep them in their seats? Its not even a political party anymore...but one more like a Religion, with a Pope.(Norquist)
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#58 Apr 5, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a belly dancer and I do not receive one dime from the government to subsidize my career. The government receives money from me by way of taxes which they pass on to other people,some of whom would murder,rape and rob me if given half a chance.
I dance in clubs,cafes and sometimes parties if I know the people and know it will be safe. The only help I get comes from my cousin who is a photographer and her friends,who always male sure I have plenty of great pics to make posters and fliers with and who promote me to everyone they think would like to hire a belly dancer.
You see, if you use your passion and your talents, you can create your own jobs and they will be more rewarding than doing something you do not enjoy for a living.
I do thank Satan because Satan is just my ego and the driving force behind my passion for dance.
Thats cool...I dig a good belly dance/r...saw many in my time overseas. Are you more traditionally shaped, or a leaner type..?

I too used my passion and talents - to fix and build things - to start my business. BUT I like many relied on some key Govt contracts to get started.

But not everyone can, and not everyone will want to...nor should they. We need people to seek employment from others (like me) so that we're all not running around competing for the same slice of pie - which would kill the business for everyone. If you found yourself in a place packed with belly-dancers you'd see a different outcome and income.(Do you actually make a living at it, or is it a PT thing that supplements another income?)

I NEVER said YOU received Govt money - stop trying to put words and meaning where none exited. But I did say that the dance industry, ballet, interpretive, etc was and is subsidized by tax dollars - Fed and local. Very few dance troupes/groups (whatever they might be called) can survive on their own. And I'm sure where the belly-dance is a tradition they do in some way receive some sort of Govt stipend, etc to make sure the traditional cultural aspects are not lost.(but I dont know that for a fact...just a guess based on other cultural preservation programs I know of.)
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#59 Apr 5, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea how many times I've had to explain satanism? It is like Ozzy being weary of explaining the bat biting thing.
OK, for one, we do not proselytize and so we do not care if the name,Satan, scares or puts some people off. We feel that people are born satanists. That satanists are a new prototype of human evolution. Almost every satanist has always thought and felt about life and the world according to the satanic philosophy in The Satanic Bible. Even,before we knew what satanism was. When I read The Satanic Bible for the first time,it was as if I had written it myself. I was just like, "Well,there are other people who think like me".
Satan is symbolic of the dark,chaotic force in nature and best represents our philosophy and often our aesthetics. Satanism is a religion of the flesh and the carnal. Like the character of Satan,we challenge and question all things and refuse to blindly serve traditions.
Satanism is anti-religion. We mirror back to all religion with our rituals and spooky esthetics the insanity of their own beliefs in deities and devils.
We are non-dualistic and consider the self to be our own god. Our own reality the only reality which we can be certain of.
Thanks...I understand a little better now.

Do you know how many times I've had to explain my Atheism? Too many, and for the most part I no longer care to...unless engaged in a serious conversation with someone, or group that actually cares to listen and learn.

However I'm curious about something...is there a Belief System that focuses on the "light", non-chaotic forces...? Serious Q. Just curious...

I'm sure you dont care what others think about the Satan labels...I, me, myself - find it an odd choice of mascot. Especially for people not wanting a link to traditional Western Religion, sure couldn't have picked a more linked-up mascot...

All the best. Fight the good fight against those damned Theists.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#60 Apr 5, 2013
"...words and meaning where none exited..."

exited = existed
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#61 Apr 5, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Another issue is that the US citizenry has been footing the Rx bill for the entire planet. A new Rx drug comes along, and we pay all the R&D costs while the Rx comp ships it over seas for sometimes 2/3 less...so once again the US citizenry is subsidizing Corporations that will reap huge rewards and give back NONE.

All while they make tanker-ships full of profits on erection drugs, or acid reflux drugs to feed to slobs who if they stopped eating so much and so much cr/p they'd not have the problem.

American HC has to move towards more preventative care, and away from this mend-it after it breaks, but dont really fix-it mentality. We need to reward people for being healthy, not pander to their over-indulgences that make them sick, or put them at higher risk.

And a lot of the Rx drugs being talked about - like a lot of psychiatric drugs - have not been proven to be effective for more'n a limited few isolated cases. But we prescribe the shyte out of them all the same, and dope up millions of people (too many of them children BTW) on dangerous Rx drugs and all with little or no benefit to anyone but the Rx companies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 3 min Cookie_Parker 14,395
DO NOT POST on HERE WITH OUT MY PERMISSION 5 min God the son 2
POSTING on HERE WITH OUT MY PERMISSION 10 min God the son 3
MESSAGE to THE IDIOT MORON TOPIX MODS 33 min God the son 3
New Discovery Shows No God Needed To Create Life 6 hr provegodexists 213
Atonement? 6 hr NDanger 158
WARNING to ALL THOSE WHO POST HERE 7 hr hmmmmm 12
Houston Mayor Says City’s Church Sermon Subpoen... 7 hr Nc tonight 33
A Message from Nettie (Feb '14) 19 hr Huntington Guy 1,905

Christian People Search