Is the Republican Party the Party of ...
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#21 Apr 4, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't their parents be providing those things?
FYI, I am raising a child whose parents failed to provide her with a stable home life and necessities. I have no problem with helping children but I do have a problem with helping their weak,lazy,drug addicted parents.
I am not a Republican or a Democrat. I'm Independent.
What about those who fall on hard times? A spouse, the primary earner is lost? Those who had children before they became decent earners? Or are working hard, and long days - and still cant gain any real economic traction? These are the bigger numbers, as the ones you rail against are the smaller numbers.

So why cant this wealthy (economically, intelligence, innovation) Nation come up with a simple system where health care is truly affordable, and is not linked to employment (is car insurance, house insurance, etc..??) and is not structured in many cases to be basically useless when used...?

Why is the currently broken system protected like its a rare blue Rhino?
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#22 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>There are some people who are hardhearted no matter their faith or lack of, and those who are charitable, no matter their faith or not. Its that those of Faith manage to twist their Religion to support their callousness - and in the case of Xtianity its contrary to what Jesus taught. Thats the real issue. At least the non-believers are honest in their lack of concern for the poor and needy - they're just cold to the poor and needy. While the Xtians have to go to great lengths to support their POV.
I agree.

satanic witch

“We R Watching U”

Since: Dec 11

Albany, NY

#23 Apr 4, 2013
CWU wrote:
<quoted text>
And if they can't or won't ... too bad, huh?
Nature is not always a lovely thing,it is often brutal and fierce. However,when left alone,nature will cull the weak and a stronger species will emerge.
By always enabling the weak of our species to breed and survive we are creating generations of irresponsible people who feel that they have a right to be ensured survival at the expense of the responsible.
There is no possible solution to the vast ghettos filled with o hopelessness people,in every large city, other than allow a die off to occur coupled with mandatory birth control.
You cannot save them all. There are too many.

satanic witch

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

#25 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Did you clear #10 with the animals? Would only be fair if you did...
Satanists are as silly as Regular Believers. Believing in nonsense. Boogah boogah! As if light'n black candles - dyed wax - alters reality for anyone...lol...
You have no clue of what you're talking about. LaVeyan satanists are atheists.

No.10 is a natural law as even the animals kill and eat one another.

They're reality for me. The reality of aesthetics that I find interesting and enjoyable.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#26 Apr 4, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature is not always a lovely thing,it is often brutal and fierce. However,when left alone,nature will cull the weak and a stronger species will emerge.
By always enabling the weak of our species to breed and survive we are creating generations of irresponsible people who feel that they have a right to be ensured survival at the expense of the responsible.
There is no possible solution to the vast ghettos filled with o hopelessness people,in every large city, other than allow a die off to occur coupled with mandatory birth control.
You cannot save them all. There are too many.
You misread Evolution. There are many thousands of species who nurse/protect their ill, weak and wounded. Do you know that many prey animals will protect their weak/wounded at their own risk..?

Why do these vast ghettos exist? You seem to ignore the causes of so much "hopelessness". FYI, its usually caused by the excess of those claiming to be "responsible". You know, like Americans who think they have the right to consume everything and cheaply too, and at the expense of Native peoples everywhere...

satanic witch

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

#27 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
What about those who fall on hard times? A spouse, the primary earner is lost? Those who had children before they became decent earners? Or are working hard, and long days - and still cant gain any real economic traction? These are the bigger numbers, as the ones you rail against are the smaller numbers.
So why cant this wealthy (economically, intelligence, innovation) Nation come up with a simple system where health care is truly affordable, and is not linked to employment (is car insurance, house insurance, etc..??) and is not structured in many cases to be basically useless when used...?
Why is the currently broken system protected like its a rare blue Rhino?
They are also the ones who do not remain on public assistance long term or use it as a way of life from generation to generation. Temporarily helping them would not be so much of a problem. I do believe that they shouldn't have any more children while they're unemployed. If you can't afford them then don't have them.

Do you have a solution? In Europe there is free heath care but it is still linked to employment. At least it is in the NLs. It is my understanding,that Obama based his healthcare pkg on the NL's healthcare plan.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#28 Apr 4, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue of what you're talking about. LaVeyan satanists are atheists.
No.10 is a natural law as even the animals kill and eat one another.
They're reality for me. The reality of aesthetics that I find interesting and enjoyable.
I was being facetious about the rule. I thought it was funny that anyone/group would define something like that. Its sort of a Duh! Rule...but I agree that we shouldn't kill anything for the pure sport of it.

So define/explain what it is a LeVeyan Satanist believes in? Why do you use the term satanist...isnt Satan a supernatural entity, created by the Judeo-Xtian God?(or rather the believers created him)
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#29 Apr 4, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
They are also the ones who do not remain on public assistance long term or use it as a way of life from generation to generation.

Temporarily helping them would not be so much of a problem. I do believe that they shouldn't have any more children while they're unemployed. If you can't afford them then don't have them.

Do you have a solution? In Europe there is free heath care but it is still linked to employment. At least it is in the NLs. It is my understanding,that Obama based his healthcare pkg on the NL's healthcare plan.
NL's...? Netherlands...?

Maybe you havent been paying attention, but the largest growing poor are those who were middle class, or on the cusp of becoming middle-class, and they all currently live in lower, or just middle-class suburbia...and because wages are not rising as fast as the costs of living - even the basics - that number is expected to increase exponentially over the next decade. So the notion of them only being short-term dependent is a fallacy, and one that relies on an archaic POV.

People having children in times of perfection is not reality. Lets face the facts that Humans love to F/ck, and that's not gonna stop, or wait for a perfect storm of conditions to have children - so lets not use tiresome old cliches that ignore reality.

The reality is children should not suffer for the "sins" of their parents - or should they?(I use the term sin, but do not believe in any religious sin, as I'm an atheist.)

Do I have a solution? Sure, make health care (HC) insurance like any other - a competitive industry where the "group" is not hinged to employment, but like car insurance based on geography, "model" and need. A healthy 25 yo doesnt need the same HC insurance a 45, 50, 60+ needs...and as such their policy should be reflective of their NEEDs, and not equated to those sitting in the desk next to them. Or like me and my family who live very healthy lives, and take exceptional care of ourselves - but are lumped into a system where the gluttonous are using more services and pay the same as I do. Its absurd that they are not penalized for risking their health and I'm not rebated for taking care of mine. Like a person who buys a Porsche pays more insurance than one who buys a Prius, or mini-van. Same for health care.

The cost of buying personal HC insurance is only so high because we're stuck on the employer linked model. It doesnt need to be that way. There is no real reason (economically or business wise) for it to persist, except laziness.

Also, we need to create a back-up system where the poor (graduated system based on actual income) are covered for realistic health care needs...and where their children get top priority for all that they need and society demands of them.

We can do it, we're a smart Nation...and if we put a few unused brain cells on the task we can do it...and be the leader and not the follower. We dont need to follow Canada, or any EU country...we need to be wholly American about it. Which currently appears to be stagnation in all things forward-thinking...much to our current over all state of decline.

satanic witch

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

#30 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>You misread Evolution. There are many thousands of species who nurse/protect their ill, weak and wounded. Do you know that many prey animals will protect their weak/wounded at their own risk..?
Why do these vast ghettos exist? You seem to ignore the causes of so much "hopelessness". FYI, its usually caused by the excess of those claiming to be "responsible". You know, like Americans who think they have the right to consume everything and cheaply too, and at the expense of Native peoples everywhere...
Yes,they protect their own not everyone elses. Even then,nature often takes it's course.

You can not help those who will not help themselves no matter how rich you are. Giving them handouts is not working. Idk,where you live,but where I live,we are all sick of funding the baby mommas and their families of ungrateful little gangstas and irresponsible baby daddies,who rob,steal,rape,deal drugs and trash the city and generally make it an unsafe place to live.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#31 Apr 4, 2013
Another weakness of the current employer linked HC ins system. Very often the person doing the "buying and shopping" for the policies - is no more educated on the ins and outs as we might be. They could a 25 yo Human Resources manager, or associate who is clueless about what they are doing - but they have one mission/goal - as described by their boss/employer - SAVE the Company as much money as possible.

Plus when you look at the way the Policies are "packaged" its all in the favor of the insurance companies - and they are not actually selling a product, but telling the "buyer" what their only options are. Take it or leave it. You take what they offer, or you get nothing.

Compounded by the fact that a company cant shop out of State.

If we as a Nation truly want the citizenry to take their health care more seriously, we need to dump the HC choices and buying power into their laps, and not leave it to the whims of a company manifesto, or the strengths or weaknesses of the HR people.

The current system is archaic and while it was once a great model and served us very well - it no longer does...but like always post-70's America is a nation that slogs along and resists real change unless its packaged in plastic and sold to us on TV as what we need to live more happily, smell better, get more sex, and/or be all about leisure time activities.

satanic witch

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

#32 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text> I was being facetious about the rule. I thought it was funny that anyone/group would define something like that. Its sort of a Duh! Rule...but I agree that we shouldn't kill anything for the pure sport of it.
So define/explain what it is a LeVeyan Satanist believes in? Why do you use the term satanist...isnt Satan a supernatural entity, created by the Judeo-Xtian God?(or rather the believers created him)
It simply means not to abuse animals. To only kill one out of necessity. I am a vegetarian so I do not kill them for food either. People often confuse us with devil worshipers and accuse of performing animal sacrifices,so LaVey probbaly felt it was necessary to add that rule.

It would take a lot of typing to define LaVeyan Satanism. This link will provide you with the answers.
http://www.dpjs.co.uk/
Satan to us is symbolic not an actual living being.

satanic witch

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

#33 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>NL's...? Netherlands...?
Maybe you havent been paying attention, but the largest growing poor are those who were middle class, or on the cusp of becoming middle-class, and they all currently live in lower, or just middle-class suburbia...and because wages are not rising as fast as the costs of living - even the basics - that number is expected to increase exponentially over the next decade. So the notion of them only being short-term dependent is a fallacy, and one that relies on an archaic POV.
People having children in times of perfection is not reality. Lets face the facts that Humans love to F/ck, and that's not gonna stop, or wait for a perfect storm of conditions to have children - so lets not use tiresome old cliches that ignore reality.
The reality is children should not suffer for the "sins" of their parents - or should they?(I use the term sin, but do not believe in any religious sin, as I'm an atheist.)
Do I have a solution? Sure, make health care (HC) insurance like any other - a competitive industry where the "group" is not hinged to employment, but like car insurance based on geography, "model" and need. A healthy 25 yo doesnt need the same HC insurance a 45, 50, 60+ needs...and as such their policy should be reflective of their NEEDs, and not equated to those sitting in the desk next to them. Or like me and my family who live very healthy lives, and take exceptional care of ourselves - but are lumped into a system where the gluttonous are using more services and pay the same as I do. Its absurd that they are not penalized for risking their health and I'm not rebated for taking care of mine. Like a person who buys a Porsche pays more insurance than one who buys a Prius, or mini-van. Same for health care.
The cost of buying personal HC insurance is only so high because we're stuck on the employer linked model. It doesnt need to be that way. There is no real reason (economically or business wise) for it to persist, except laziness.
Also, we need to create a back-up system where the poor (graduated system based on actual income) are covered for realistic health care needs...and where their children get top priority for all that they need and society demands of them.
We can do it, we're a smart Nation...and if we put a few unused brain cells on the task we can do it...and be the leader and not the follower. We dont need to follow Canada, or any EU country...we need to be wholly American about it. Which currently appears to be stagnation in all things forward-thinking...much to our current over all state of decline.
Yes, The Netherlands or in Dutch,Nederland. Obama patterned his healthcare plan for them.

I realize that the middle class is shrinking and becoming the poor but the smart ones will find a way to move upwards again. Isn't that how the middle class became the middle class by creating jobs for themselves? I did. I used my passion for dance and created my own jobs from it.
I am not cold hearted or anything but I feel that waiting for government to salvation is a pipe dream which is not going to happen. Like prayer,it wastes time which could be better spent doing something to help one's self.

Good plan BTW.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#34 Apr 4, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Yes,they protect their own not everyone elses. Even then,nature often takes it's course.

2. You can not help those who will not help themselves no matter how rich you are. Giving them handouts is not working. Idk,where you live,but where I live,we are all sick of funding the baby mommas and their families of ungrateful little gangstas and irresponsible baby daddies,who rob,steal,rape,deal drugs and trash the city and generally make it an unsafe place to live.
1. Specious. Humans are not ungulates, or birds, etc. We are all a part of the same "tribe" in the US, and elsewhere. And you ignore that many species work in conjunction with others to help warn, protect, etc, everyone in the forest, jungle, plains...

Dont talk to me about the natural world unless you have the goods...clearly you're not equipped to see the interplays and nuances of how all species - flora and fauna - interact.

Yes, nature takes it course...but we humans are supposed to be a bit higher in our consciousness and dare I say compassion..!?!

2. Yeah, I'm with you on that one - but again those are the minority and not the larger numbers. The myth of the Welfare moms, etc is a dead one. Check out the statistics...the numbers of people living indefinitely on public assistance (in the class you're referring to) are not as large as the Right keeps preaching. The reality is that the Middle Class - white and black and brown - is the new public assistance recipients.

Is the system not without breaks and cracks and such..? Of course it is - but you sound like so many who want to toss the baby out with the water along with the tub and then slam the door closed.

The system needs to be fixed. No one who created the systems ever said they were not to be tweaked and re-worked over time. But like so much in this nation that is stuck in the mud of time - no one wants to do the hard work to fix things - and instead just wants to toss it all out and not do anything there after.

Either we revolutionize the systems in question (like Real Americans would!) or we will continue to sink into the morass of apathy and non-reality - and burn-out.

Toss it all and do nothing about anything, or work harder and fix things that really need to be fixed - relative to this time, not the past.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#35 Apr 4, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
It simply means not to abuse animals. To only kill one out of necessity. I am a vegetarian so I do not kill them for food either. People often confuse us with devil worshipers and accuse of performing animal sacrifices,so LaVey probbaly felt it was necessary to add that rule.
It would take a lot of typing to define LaVeyan Satanism. This link will provide you with the answers.
http://www.dpjs.co.uk/
Satan to us is symbolic not an actual living being.
I would suggest a new PR campaign...as few people will ever view Satan symbolically and a useful one at that. Why not use a tree? Or do the Druids have that one all wrapped up?

More importantly; Why an entity with so much baggage? I'm a full-blooded atheist and the word Satan only conjures a dude with dark reddish skin, horns, and a severe case of the meanies.??? A bunny might be more public friendly...lol...or a peeps...?

All I wanted was a personal POV...as the link will merely give me a pro-forma explanation. When I ask a xtian the same Q, they are usually pretty eager to explain what their faith/system means to them...

No biggie...
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#36 Apr 4, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, The Netherlands or in Dutch,Nederland. Obama patterned his healthcare plan for them.
I realize that the middle class is shrinking and becoming the poor but the smart ones will find a way to move upwards again. Isn't that how the middle class became the middle class by creating jobs for themselves? I did. I used my passion for dance and created my own jobs from it.
I am not cold hearted or anything but I feel that waiting for government to salvation is a pipe dream which is not going to happen. Like prayer,it wastes time which could be better spent doing something to help one's self.
Good plan BTW.
Actually no, the middle-class was mostly "created" by legislation post Stock market crash of 1929, and post WW2. Plus there was the post WW2 economic boom-times...which we will never see again.

The American middle-class truly came into being due to the fact that men (for the most part) went to work for large centralized employers (post WW2) where wages were fairly equal and the system was mostly a meritocracy. That system in various ways no longer exists and by the look of things is not likely to be replicated in the near or distant future.

The American middle class is a very recent historical phenomenon and didnt have chance of surviving without various pieces of legislation that protected them from the Banks, from Employers, local political power brokers and their corrupt law enforcement cronies.

So no, you're idea that the middle-class is gonna pull harder on its boot-straps and right their sinking ship (wow two cliches in a row! lol) is not a viable one. Over the last 40 years, from basically the early 70's our elected officials - mostly the GOP, but not all - have been dismantling all the legislation that helped create and protect the Middle class (as we know it)- all while these Politicians pandered to and got the votes from the very class of people they were hurting the most.

And now the same sort of legislation (that many want to institute, that was once viewed as integral to this Nations middle-class is seen as Fascist, or Communist - or worse an actual mortal sin against the God better known as the Free-Market System.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#37 Apr 4, 2013
WhhoooHooo.....and the wind blows though the empty void of darkness.

satanic witch

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

#38 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Specious. Humans are not ungulates, or birds, etc. We are all a part of the same "tribe" in the US, and elsewhere. And you ignore that many species work in conjunction with others to help warn, protect, etc, everyone in the forest, jungle, plains...
Dont talk to me about the natural world unless you have the goods...clearly you're not equipped to see the interplays and nuances of how all species - flora and fauna - interact.
Yes, nature takes it course...but we humans are supposed to be a bit higher in our consciousness and dare I say compassion..!?!
2. Yeah, I'm with you on that one - but again those are the minority and not the larger numbers. The myth of the Welfare moms, etc is a dead one. Check out the statistics...the numbers of people living indefinitely on public assistance (in the class you're referring to) are not as large as the Right keeps preaching. The reality is that the Middle Class - white and black and brown - is the new public assistance recipients.
Is the system not without breaks and cracks and such..? Of course it is - but you sound like so many who want to toss the baby out with the water along with the tub and then slam the door closed.
The system needs to be fixed. No one who created the systems ever said they were not to be tweaked and re-worked over time. But like so much in this nation that is stuck in the mud of time - no one wants to do the hard work to fix things - and instead just wants to toss it all out and not do anything there after.
Either we revolutionize the systems in question (like Real Americans would!) or we will continue to sink into the morass of apathy and non-reality - and burn-out.
Toss it all and do nothing about anything, or work harder and fix things that really need to be fixed - relative to this time, not the past.
Yes,,we commonly see tigers and wolves mothering antelopes and lambs. Yeah right.
I understand how the ecosystem works,in general,it is vicious and brutal and the only reason that humans are on top of the food chain is due to our intellect. Our intellect also makes us the most vicious animals of all. We are the only animals who strive to destroy our planet and ourselves.
Where I live I am not seeing the working poor as a problem. I see gangsters as a problem that is never going to end as long as the government keeps giving them a free rise.
Go over to Albany,NY Topix and talk your talk,you will see that I am not the only one who is sick of funding the easy life for gangsters and other street thugs. People here are not mega rich,we are working class people and when we get off work we would like to be able to walk or drive down the damn street without packing pepper spray and gun.
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#39 Apr 4, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Good plan BTW.
BTW, I'm not talking about Got salvation - but rather creating ans instituting system to protect and help the middle class and their earnings. About us revamping many Gov't programs that hurt the Middle class and profit ONLY the small few at the top of the heap, and mostly reversing any/all legislation that continues to pay or subsidize poor business practices that are all based on old models, or old conditions.

And the first place to start is all the billions of dollars in subsidies we pay, our taxes pay - to Mega-farmers, oil companies, etc, etc...to either do nothing, or produce more and charge more...thereby altering the market system and eliminating the Free from the entire system.

Im not talking about handing out money willy-nilly - but when we're already doing that for a select few who have the money to lobby the shyte of our elected Govt employees to give them more and more - why not aim some of that money our way...?
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#40 Apr 4, 2013
Got = Gov't

satanic witch

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

#41 Apr 4, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, the middle-class was mostly "created" by legislation post Stock market crash of 1929, and post WW2. Plus there was the post WW2 economic boom-times...which we will never see again.
The American middle-class truly came into being due to the fact that men (for the most part) went to work for large centralized employers (post WW2) where wages were fairly equal and the system was mostly a meritocracy. That system in various ways no longer exists and by the look of things is not likely to be replicated in the near or distant future.
The American middle class is a very recent historical phenomenon and didnt have chance of surviving without various pieces of legislation that protected them from the Banks, from Employers, local political power brokers and their corrupt law enforcement cronies.
So no, you're idea that the middle-class is gonna pull harder on its boot-straps and right their sinking ship (wow two cliches in a row! lol) is not a viable one. Over the last 40 years, from basically the early 70's our elected officials - mostly the GOP, but not all - have been dismantling all the legislation that helped create and protect the Middle class (as we know it)- all while these Politicians pandered to and got the votes from the very class of people they were hurting the most.
And now the same sort of legislation (that many want to institute, that was once viewed as integral to this Nations middle-class is seen as Fascist, or Communist - or worse an actual mortal sin against the God better known as the Free-Market System.
And how did these people get to the cities where all those jobs were? They left their rural homes,often with not much money and as you say,pulled themselves up from their bootstraps,once they arrived in the cities and began working.

If the middle class are stupid enough to vote for the GOP then isn't their demise of their own doing. Isn't that just another type of natural selection?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barnsweb's own NT calls him "ignorant" "untaugh... 53 min its a beautiful day 135
Faith during hard times 59 min its a beautiful day 72
Early Christianity 1 hr its a beautiful day 1,848
World War Two Veteran tells a story 1 hr its a beautiful day 18
Jesus is God 1 hr its a beautiful day 25
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 1 hr its a beautiful day 752
Longinus Chronicles - Fighting for Christ 1 hr its a beautiful day 78
More from around the web