Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#694 Aug 25, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me for butting in but here is the post which started the argument you are replying to. I did NOT say that only people who understand Greek and Hebrew can read/teach the Bible.
<quoted text>
I was responding to someone, Big Al, who was attacking the Bible. My post is directly below the post I was responding his.
I will restate my argument. There are atheists, agnostics, and other non-Christians here who attack the Bible and try to tell us, Christians, what the Bible really says. If they cannot read Hebrew and Greek they are not qualified to reinterpet the Bible and tell us what "the Bible really says." Many of them copy/paste arguments from anonymous anti-Cristian websites which are no more qualfied than they are. They act like anything that is on the internet somewhere must be true as long as it attacks Christianity .
You have no argument from me.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#695 Aug 25, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>So killing poor defenseless children is acceptable, when condoned by god..........so much for the kind and loving god.
It's easy to tell you are in darkness. You have no idea what you are running your mouth about, you just think you do.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#696 Aug 25, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Cosby once said about his children, "I brought you into the world and I can take you out."
What does a chicken farmer do when his flock comes down with avian flu? What does a rancher do when his herd comes down with hoof and mouth disease?
What does God do when his creation becomes "diseased?"
This is lost on liberal atheists.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#697 Aug 25, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>Are you suggesting that the bible is true because it claims to be? Come on Wayne, I know you've got more than that.
It is true because it says it is.

Evolution is true because nuts like you say it is and the only place you got that is from evolution books. Don't try it FSM, you ain't got the smarts.
truejesus

Marietta, GA

#698 Aug 25, 2012
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>See, this is why you guys suck! Your post is an obvious lie full of manipulative half truths ! That used to work here, but not anymore. Try Again!
Try Again, you say, Lunger? You stooped to pick up a butt, obviously, and let the whole house of truth fly over you cigarette smoked brain!

All backed by your "CARM" site:
Okay, here ya go, sh1thead. Hold yo dress down, if ya can!

I hope you were looking in the mirror when you said, "You are a LIAR and a hypocrite", Allen.

Why are you LYING and trying to move heaven and earth to disassociate your fat-ass from being a Calvinist?

"When you're not on Topix (you admit in your profile) you're on CARM"!

That says to everyone that you favor that Calvinistic site above all others. So, why do you try to deny what's obvious to all, and proven by the KISS-CALVIN-ASS so pronounced in your Calvin-tainted postage here!

You even lie about Matt Slick, who freely admits that he fully supports Calvin doctrines!

HERE WE ARE, read 'em and weep, Poor Witless Allen:

"Calvinism" by Matt Slick

Calvinism, also known as reformed theology, is a movement within orthodox Protestantism that was developed by John Calvin (1509-1564), a French theologian....

The system of Calvinism adheres to a very high view of scripture and seeks to derive its theological formulations based solely on God's word. It focuses on God's sovereignty, stating that God is able and willing by virtue of his omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence, to do whatever He desires with His creation. It also maintains that within the Bible are the following teachings: That God, by His sovereign grace predestines people into salvation; that Jesus died only for those predestined; that God regenerates the individual to where he is then able to and wants to choose God; and that it is impossible for those who are redeemed to lose their salvation.(Calvinism, "once save always saved, and once condemned, always condemned," all is pre-determined from the world's start.)

Arminianism, on the other hand, maintains that God predestined, but not in an absolute sense. Rather, He looked into the future to see who would pick him and then He chose them. Jesus died for all peoples' sins who have ever lived and ever will live, not just the Christians. Each person is the one who decides if he wants to be saved or not. And finally, it is possible to lose your salvation (some Arminians believe you cannot lose your salvation).

Calvinism emphasizes the sovereignty of God and his eternal decrees by which he has (PRE)-ordained whatsoever shall come to pass.

Calvinists ... teach monergism, that salvation is accomplished in God's work alone, and that nothing occurs in the world except that God has given permission. Some critics have maintained that Calvinism makes God the author of evil, but Calvinists deny such an accusation and teach that God is sovereign even over the forces of evil and that he uses evil within his eternal plan for the world and mankind:...(Acts 4:27-28)

"TULIP" (your admitted belief system, is actually a Calvin dogma! ERR,... What a f*ckin' shocking wake-up call to you, hehh, Allen!)

Basically, Calvinism is best known by an acronym: T.U.L.I.P.
•Total Depravity (also known as Total Inability and Original Sin)
•Unconditional Election
•Limited Atonement (also known as Particular Atonement)
•Irresistible Grace
•Perseverance of the Saints (also known as Once Saved Always Saved)

These five categories do not comprise Calvinism in totality. They simply represent some of its main points.

Matt Slick (Founder of "CARM"), fully endorses and teaches J. Calvinism, as he admits!
http://carm.org/calvinism

So why are YOU so ashamed of your connections to John (BIGOTTED) Calvin, hmm???

tj
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#699 Aug 25, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a trick question?
Why? Because you don't know the answer?
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#700 Aug 25, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>So, you really don't know God at all.
What you just described goes against Divine Nature.
God is always the same, never changing.
No wonder there are people who kill their own children today because of religion/Christianity!
They have heard people like YOU talk!
No Nettie, that would be because of left wing liberals like YOU who kill their young and approve of others doing the same thing. Don't come up with any anti-Christian mumbo jumbo that says otherwise, it's a lie.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#701 Aug 25, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed two meaningful things in your post. The rest was just filler.
1) You admitted the error.
2) You provide apologetics (an apology) for the error.
Thanks for the apology. I accept your raising of the white flag.
How ignorant. Biblical apologetics are NOT apologies, they are arguments in defense of the bible. Until you graduate from ignorant to a smidgen of sense you are irrelevant.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#702 Aug 25, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no argument from me.
Thank you.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#703 Aug 25, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>My only claim to you thus far is that there are errors in the bible. You just agreed. I don't see what you're objecting to. BTW, you owe me $50.
There are no errors in the bible. There may be a few mistakes in transcription (VERY MINOR ONES) that can be easily remedied with study and guidance from The Holy Spirit. You are earthly minded and are blind to Gods Word. Actually, you are a joke.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#704 Aug 25, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a negative opinion of the bible, I have a realistic opinion of the bible. Something you have no understanding of.
The reason you wont prove the bible is because you can't prove the bible. You know it, I know it, everyone here knows it.
And you are doing a lousy job of disproving it. You can't. The sooner you realize that the sooner you can take your deflated ball and go home.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#705 Aug 25, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>I was here long before you arrived and I'll be here after you've departed. Consider me your personal thorn in the flesh. ;)
lol You're not that good.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#706 Aug 25, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said....you do not really know God.
The only thing you know is catholic dogma. That's a long way from God.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#707 Aug 25, 2012
truejesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you were looking in the mirror when you said, "You are a LIAR and a hypocrite", Allen.
Why are you LYING and trying to move heaven and earth to disassociate your fat-ass from being a Calvinist?
"When you're not on Topix (you admit in your profile) you're on CARM"!
That says to everyone that you favor that Calvinistic site above all others. So, why do you try to deny what's obvious to all, and proven by the KISS-CALVIN-ASS so pronounced in your Calvin-tainted postage here!
You even lie about Matt Slick, who freely admits that he fully supports Calvin doctrines!
HERE WE ARE, read 'em and weep, Poor Witless Allen:
"Calvinism" by Matt Slick
Calvinism, also known as reformed theology, is a movement within orthodox Protestantism that was developed by John Calvin (1509-1564), a French theologian....
The system of Calvinism adheres to a very high view of scripture and seeks to derive its theological formulations based solely on God's word. It focuses on God's sovereignty, stating that God is able and willing by virtue of his omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence, to do whatever He desires with His creation. It also maintains that within the Bible are the following teachings: That God, by His sovereign grace predestines people into salvation; that Jesus died only for those predestined; that God regenerates the individual to where he is then able to and wants to choose God; and that it is impossible for those who are redeemed to lose their salvation.(Calvinism, "once save always saved, and once condemned, always condemned," all is pre-determined from the world's start.)
Arminianism, on the other hand, maintains that God predestined, but not in an absolute sense. Rather, He looked into the future to see who would pick him and then He chose them. Jesus died for all peoples' sins who have ever lived and ever will live, not just the Christians. Each person is the one who decides if he wants to be saved or not. And finally, it is possible to lose your salvation (some Arminians believe you cannot lose your salvation).
Calvinism emphasizes the sovereignty of God and his eternal decrees by which he has (PRE)-ordained whatsoever shall come to pass.
Calvinists ... teach monergism, that salvation is accomplished in God's work alone, and that nothing occurs in the world except that God has given permission. Some critics have maintained that Calvinism makes God the author of evil, but Calvinists deny such an accusation and teach that God is sovereign even over the forces of evil and that he uses evil within his eternal plan for the world and mankind:...(Acts 4:27-28)
"TULIP" (your admitted belief system, is actually a Calvin dogma! ERR,... What a f*ckin' shocking wake-up call to you, hehh, Allen!)
Basically, Calvinism is best known by an acronym: T.U.L.I.P.
•Total Depravity (also known as Total Inability and Original Sin)
•Unconditional Election
•Limited Atonement (also known as Particular Atonement)
•Irresistible Grace
•Perseverance of the Saints (also known as Once Saved Always Saved)
These five categories do not comprise Calvinism in totality. They simply represent some of its main points.
Matt Slick (Founder of "CARM"), fully endorses and teaches J. Calvinism, as he admits!
http://carm.org/calvinism
So why are YOU so ashamed of your connections to John (BIGOTTED) Calvin, hmm???
tj
Anoter clueless atheist. Ain't they all though?

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#708 Aug 25, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the heads up, I am a bit slow, but eventually I would have pegged him as a fundie.
A bit?

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#709 Aug 25, 2012
The Gazillionaire wrote:
<quoted text>Start at the beginning, let me know when your done, then Ill tell you I didnt read a damn bit of it!
hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
YAHTZEE!!!
Love your Avatar dude! Makes me laugh everytime I sees it...

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#710 Aug 25, 2012
truejesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Try Again, you say, Lunger? You stooped to pick up a butt, obviously, and let the whole house of truth fly over you cigarette smoked brain!
All backed by your "CARM" site:
Okay, here ya go, sh1thead. Hold yo dress down, if ya can!
I hope you were looking in the mirror when you said, "You are a LIAR and a hypocrite", Allen.
Why are you LYING and trying to move heaven and earth to disassociate your fat-ass from being a Calvinist?
"When you're not on Topix (you admit in your profile) you're on CARM"!
That says to everyone that you favor that Calvinistic site above all others. So, why do you try to deny what's obvious to all, and proven by the KISS-CALVIN-ASS so pronounced in your Calvin-tainted postage here!
You even lie about Matt Slick, who freely admits that he fully supports Calvin doctrines!
HERE WE ARE, read 'em and weep, Poor Witless Allen:
"Calvinism" by Matt Slick
Calvinism, also known as reformed theology, is a movement within orthodox Protestantism that was developed by John Calvin (1509-1564), a French theologian....
The system of Calvinism adheres to a very high view of scripture and seeks to derive its theological formulations based solely on God's word. It focuses on God's sovereignty, stating that God is able and willing by virtue of his omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence, to do whatever He desires with His creation. It also maintains that within the Bible are the following teachings: That God, by His sovereign grace predestines people into salvation; that Jesus died only for those predestined; that God regenerates the individual to where he is then able to and wants to choose God; and that it is impossible for those who are redeemed to lose their salvation.(Calvinism, "once save always saved, and once condemned, always condemned," all is pre-determined from the world's start.)
Arminianism, on the other hand, maintains that God predestined, but not in an absolute sense. Rather, He looked into the future to see who would pick him and then He chose them. Jesus died for all peoples' sins who have ever lived and ever will live, not just the Christians. Each person is the one who decides if he wants to be saved or not. And finally, it is possible to lose your salvation (some Arminians believe you cannot lose your salvation).
Calvinism emphasizes the sovereignty of God and his eternal decrees by which he has (PRE)-ordained whatsoever shall come to pass.
Calvinists ... teach monergism, that salvation is accomplished in God's work alone, and that nothing occurs in the world except that God has given permission. Some critics have maintained that Calvinism makes God the author of evil, but Calvinists deny such an accusation and teach that God is sovereign even over the forces of evil and that he uses evil within his eternal plan for the world and mankind:...(Acts 4:27-28)
"TULIP" (your admitted belief system, is actually a Calvin dogma! ERR,... What a f*ckin' shocking wake-up call to you, hehh, Allen!)
Basically, Calvinism is best known by an acronym: T.U.L.I.P.
•Total Depravity (also known as Total Inability and Original Sin)
•Unconditional Election
•Limited Atonement (also known as Particular Atonement)
•Irresistible Grace
•Perseverance of the Saints (also known as Once Saved Always Saved)
These five categories do not comprise Calvinism in totality. They simply represent some of its main points.
Matt Slick (Founder of "CARM"), fully endorses and teaches J. Calvinism, as he admits!
http://carm.org/calvinism
So why are YOU so ashamed of your connections to John (BIGOTTED) Calvin, hmm???
tj
Although you tried again, your post still falls short of any type of substance. Write a couple more books, then MAYBE you might have something, lol!!! Probably not though!!!
agnostic

New Tazewell, TN

#712 Aug 25, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh isn't that just so cute he is parroting something almost every atheist says, "buy bul." And you still have NOT provided any verifiable, credible evidence that there were any significant similarites between Horus and Jesus. Just anti-Christian dog puke copy/pasted from atheirists-r-us! Like all the other brain dead atheists you will believe anything online as long as it is anti-Christian.
LMAO - this criticism coming from someone who so eloquently and intellectually uses words like "bulk wrap" and "dog puke"! Makes it a little difficult to take you seriously.
agnostic

New Tazewell, TN

#713 Aug 25, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me for butting in but here is the post which started the argument you are replying to. I did NOT say that only people who understand Greek and Hebrew can read/teach the Bible.
<quoted text>
I was responding to someone, Big Al, who was attacking the Bible. My post is directly below the post I was responding his.
I will restate my argument. There are atheists, agnostics, and other non-Christians here who attack the Bible and try to tell us, Christians, what the Bible really says. If they cannot read Hebrew and Greek they are not qualified to reinterpet the Bible and tell us what "the Bible really says." Many of them copy/paste arguments from anonymous anti-Cristian websites which are no more qualfied than they are. They act like anything that is on the internet somewhere must be true as long as it attacks Christianity .
If Christians cannot read Hebrew and Greek they also are not qualified to interpret the Bible and tell us "what the Bible really says".
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#714 Aug 25, 2012
agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO - this criticism coming from someone who so eloquently and intellectually uses words like "bulk wrap" and "dog puke"! Makes it a little difficult to take you seriously.
And you're an agnostic which it makes it difficult to take you seriously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God lied and sepent/satan told truth (Jul '10) 1 hr witchie poo 116
As it was in the Days of Lot: 1 hr witchie poo 40
HERE is WHAT DEMON POSSESSION LOOKS LIKE 1 hr Gary Coaldigger 11
Solution to Ferguson 1 hr Gary Coaldigger 16
Moral Dilemma... 1 hr QUITTNER Nov27 2014 11
Imagine that you had to tell an alien about God... 2 hr Mr Ironhart 26
MESSAGE FROM GOD to ALL YOU N***R SYMPATHIZERS 2 hr dollarsbill 65
Why doesent God cure cancer? 3 hr dollarsbill 339
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 4 hr dollarsbill 4,085
Why doesn't God let its believers know who has ... 5 hr CrownedKing 140

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE