Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Judged:

HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - really? Jesus attended the temple daily? Do you have proof of this?
If he did go there, did he pray out loud? Did anyone?
According to Matthew 6, Jesus said to pray at home, alone, in silence.
Jesus DID go to temple on a number of occasions. The first time was to show off. Another time he went to mess with everyone's stuff.
Hardly a regular churchgoer, eh?
Jesus was like the Robert Goulet of Medieval times.
Robert Goulet...that's good...I assume you are referring to him as a pretty boy...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Judged:

God Loves Atheists 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus attended the temple almost daily. You really know nothing about any of this do you? Next time you're out...Pick up a bible and read it OK? Instead of just making blind remarks.
And I'm sure a "god" would have to go to temples to worship himself.

If only you could realize how insane your mythology is.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>You apparently have a reading comprehension problem. You seem to add things for no other reason than to inject your prejudices.
I said; "As its said your God 'helps those who help themselves.'"
"Its said"...those are my precise words because those are the words I choose to use on purpose.
I know the bible holds no such exact quote, but it is a part of the general Xtian teaching that is out there. Its a common theme of Xtian teachings as its a theme gleaned (look that big word up, I know you dont know its correct meaning) from the Bible over time. God helps those who themselves is popular little ditty used by many a priest/preacher and layman for a long time now. As is the olddotn caste stones one...but thats a story that most Xtians believe is original to the Bible, but is not. Yet the theme lingers in Xtians teaching...
Funny how you focused on this throw-away piece of my post, a sarcastic line that I tossed off - and had absolutely nothing to say about any of the rest. Why? Because I stumped you and the other poster. Because YOU got nothing, you're an empty vessel who thinks you've won some lottery by claiming faith in a God, rather faith in a belief system - that you think/believe will win you points with the Xtians super-hero. Because you worship a book, an icon over the alleged God in its pages.
You got nothing GLA, nothing! Nothing but prejudices and lies about things and people, and certainly no true grasp of Xtian doctrines and teachings...
Now shoo! Go on and play with your comic books and mint in box action figures...
The phrase "God helps those who help themselves" originated in ancient Greece, occurring in approximately equivalent form as the moral to one of Aesop's Fables, Hercules and the Waggoner.

No wonder Christians have adopted it as one of their mottoes - they've borrowed everything else from old fairy tales, so why not that one?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Buffy The Atheist Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof like many have said before that you atheists are nothing but a trouble making hopeless trolls. But I need to go back to my word of not responding to you idiots, because when I do its hives you joy and power. I will get the last laugh when god throws your evil unbelieving behind in hell.
"its hives your joy"?

And you call US idiots? ROFL!

Christians are the trouble makers, at least in America. This country was founded as a secular nation, offering its citizens freedom OF and freedom FROM religion.

But no, you Christards have to come along and demand that we put your God's name on our currency, that we include his name in nour national motto, and add "under God" to our perfectly fine secular Pledge of Allegiance.

Now you want the Ten Commandments in every school, and you want your creation myths given the same respect as evolution in public school biology classes.

Your faith must be incredibly weak if you idiots feel so compelled to force it on everyone else.

You won't have the last laugh, because your God is a fiction, and deep down inside you know I'm right.

I'm the one who's laughing at you, every single day of your wretched, self-loathing, deluded life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert Goulet...that's good...I assume you are referring to him as a pretty boy...
LOL

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that daft? I was referring to Paul's struggles, not some Benny Hinn wacko...
Get a drift...
I know what you were referring. I find it interesting that Christians enjoy hammering moral social issues home while their fellow Christians are under the spell of faith at the hands of wackos like Benny Hinn. Guess with you I need to lay off the sarcasm. That's what I was doing.
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope the power is still on in CO...
It's my job to make sure it is. We still have reserve electricity generating capacity available if needed.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you were referring. I find it interesting that Christians enjoy hammering moral social issues home while their fellow Christians are under the spell of faith at the hands of wackos like Benny Hinn. Guess with you I need to lay off the sarcasm. That's what I was doing.
<quoted text>
It's my job to make sure it is. We still have reserve electricity generating capacity available if needed.
Duly noted...

Good deal as Coloradians can now sleep at night...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Duly noted...
Good deal as Coloradians can now sleep at night...
At least the Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves) got you to believe in the theory of electricity and magnetism,

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
At least the Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves) got you to believe in the theory of electricity and magnetism,
Actually, not really...never met her...

“What if you're an atheist....”

Since: Jun 13

And You're WRONG?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Punisher wrote:
As is the old do not cast...
Ummm....What?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 5 min purplelady1040 10,967
A Message from Nettie 6 min COOTERDOG 885
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 7 min Big Al 1,332
What do you think about Dollarsbill? 28 min it is all about the money 9
WHAT GOD SAID to ME TODAY 39 min dollarsbills mom 227
...Christianity's explanation of race 1 hr Big Al 51
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 1 hr purplelady1040 87,760
THE SEVEN SPIRITS of GOD 2 hr Gary Coaldigger 42
About Dollarsbill .... 7 hr dollarsbill 56