How can a Sexually Immoral or Adulterer be a Christian??

Posted in the Christian Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated May 26, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

In response to "How can a gay be a Christian?? when LEV 18:22, LEV 20:13, ROM 1:24-30, 1 COR 6:19 all says its wrong and that lifestyle will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Its a commandment of God and is spoken against through the bible.
Exodus 20:14
14 “You shall not commit adultery.

Revelation 21:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality,impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

and many other scriptures

How can a Sexually Immoral or Adulterer be a Christian, if the bible repeatedly says no sexually Immoral or Adulterous person will inherit the kingdom of heaven?

This question is the perfect example of how ridiculous it is with Homosexuality being okay in the eyes of God and living that lifestyle and thinking they are living a righteous life in the eyes of God. If all other sins are not okay in Gods eyes, neither is this sin of (HOMOSEXUALITY)sexual immorality.

“Only Biblical methods will”

Since: Apr 10

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Many, many Christians think it is perfectly fine to be adulterers and they are still confident in their being saved, born-again Christians. Frankly, many churches not only condone this, but they partake in it with great zeal as the pastor weds another couple into adultery usually with a great deal of the congregation sitting in as witnesses. Strictly speaking, anyone who is remarried after either party had a non-biblical divorce is involved in adultery. Greater than fifty percent of American Christians are divorced. A great number of those are remarried, and I have no idea what percentage obtained a non-biblical divorce. I have never heard a sermon against this. Have you? Most churches do not care to tread in this arena, I have my cynical belief as to why this is.

Very few Christians who engage in premarital sex believe that has any bearing on their salvation. Most agree it is a sin, but I have never heard one state it has any bearing on their ability to be a saved, born-again Christian.

Good luck getting people to accept that either of these behaviours has any bearing on their salvation or their status as Christians. God bless you and yours.

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Luke 16:18

18 “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 5:31

31 “It has been said,‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’[a] 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

I personally know an ordained minister who is remarried after a non-biblical divorce. He was remarried by another pastor friend of his and he remarried in a church. That makes two pastors that I know of who have no concern with adultery and none of the remarried couples I know of have ever been denied anything by their churches as the church has never challenged or even asked about their remarriages.

I even know a Catholic who is legally divorced and had his marriage annulled by the Catholic Church so he may remarry in the church at will. No sexual immorality there either. He was my boss and while at work he cussed her up one side and down the other and had she had an affair, I would have definitely heard about it.

Surely not every single person in your church is either single on still on their first marriages. Good luck convincing anyone that your church denies access to all remarried couple who do not prove their marriage ended due to sexual immorality. You only deceive yourself in this matter.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

How can a Sexually Immoral or Adulterer be a Christian?

Ask newt gingrich and rush limbaugh both are pro-adulterers and Christians. Both are also the moral speakers of the republicans party. Figure that one out???
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

@Seriously__..you have pointed out a big issue in churches that is ignored, but adultery most of the time is cheating on your spouse, or divorcing them to get with someone else simply because they dont get along. Either way you have broken the covenant you made with that person before God.

@Jammercolo...The people you listed may have sinned, but can repent and turn the right path. If they don't turn from that lifestyle and die in their unrepentant sins, thats it for them on judgement day, says the Bible, not me.

Which brings back the point that homosexuals don't want to stop their sin, so if we point out adultery or sexual immorality, homosexuality is in the same boat as them if you continue to do it and have no regrets about it.
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you are lying and deceiving. The poster pointed out that adultery, sexual immorality and homosexuality are all sins. Adultery means sex while married to another. That interpretation is where the issue rises. No Christian or pastor is okay with adultery. If a Christian continues in this sin he is not allowed to partake of the gifts and act as a teacher in the teacher. Jesus said that if a wife puts away a husband, then the husband is free to marry and visa versa. The wife who did the putting away, is not free to marry. In the Catholic religion there is no divorce at all, period. Why are you lying?
Jesus is revealing that the sin of Adultery was being committed by these folk who were putting away their wives as if the legal action called "Divorce" did not exist. This is what the God said about Adultery prior to the implementation of Divorce by Moses. Now we know that THE MOSAIC LAW condemned everyone found guilty. Jesus is repeating the demands of "The Law" to a group of people (The Pharisees) living under the law, knowing the law, and desiring to be justified by the law. The LAW takes no prisoners and issues no pardons when it is broken. Everyone is declared guilty who is found breaking the law. No one is excluded and there is no change in penalty based on circumstances under ANY conditions.
The issue is not the sin, it is accepting that one is sinning and asking for forgiveness. The problem with homosexuality, worse than pedophilia, is that the homosexual is led to believe that s/he is not sinning and that God condones their sin. I have even heard atheists gays trying to tell religious gays that they are nonsensical to try to be gay and a Christian.
Does any church say to people come into our church ye rapist, you child molesters, ye dog perverters, ye murderers, ye thieves, and we will give you a haven wherein those are not sins?
Well said.

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
@Seriously__..you have pointed out a big issue in churches that is ignored, but adultery most of the time is cheating on your spouse, or divorcing them to get with someone else simply because they dont get along. Either way you have broken the covenant you made with that person before God.
@Jammercolo...The people you listed may have sinned, but can repent and turn the right path. If they don't turn from that lifestyle and die in their unrepentant sins, thats it for them on judgement day, says the Bible, not me.
Which brings back the point that homosexuals don't want to stop their sin, so if we point out adultery or sexual immorality, homosexuality is in the same boat as them if you continue to do it and have no regrets about it.
I am only aware of one definition of adultery for Christian purposes. Adultery is a married person having sex with someone who is not their God ordained spouse.

God bless you and yours.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you are lying and deceiving. The poster pointed out that adultery, sexual immorality and homosexuality are all sins. Adultery means sex while married to another. That interpretation is where the issue rises. No Christian or pastor is okay with adultery. If a Christian continues in this sin he is not allowed to partake of the gifts and act as a teacher in the teacher. Jesus said that if a wife puts away a husband, then the husband is free to marry and visa versa. The wife who did the putting away, is not free to marry. In the Catholic religion there is no divorce at all, period. Why are you lying?
Jesus is revealing that the sin of Adultery was being committed by these folk who were putting away their wives as if the legal action called "Divorce" did not exist. This is what the God said about Adultery prior to the implementation of Divorce by Moses. Now we know that THE MOSAIC LAW condemned everyone found guilty. Jesus is repeating the demands of "The Law" to a group of people (The Pharisees) living under the law, knowing the law, and desiring to be justified by the law. The LAW takes no prisoners and issues no pardons when it is broken. Everyone is declared guilty who is found breaking the law. No one is excluded and there is no change in penalty based on circumstances under ANY conditions.
The issue is not the sin, it is accepting that one is sinning and asking for forgiveness. The problem with homosexuality, worse than pedophilia, is that the homosexual is led to believe that s/he is not sinning and that God condones their sin. I have even heard atheists gays trying to tell religious gays that they are nonsensical to try to be gay and a Christian.
Does any church say to people come into our church ye rapist, you child molesters, ye dog perverters, ye murderers, ye thieves, and we will give you a haven wherein those are not sins?
Jesus says:

Matthew 5:28
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 5:31-32
It was also said,‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that anyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

But I understand you can
t have what Jesus says getting in the way of what Christians today say is okay.

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus says:
Matthew 5:28
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
It was also said,‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that anyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
But I understand you can
t have what Jesus says getting in the way of what Christians today say is okay.
Christians have attempted to redefine adultery for their convenience and sadly as shown in society today, it has largely been a successful venture. Two people on this thread have already pointed out the "new definition" of adultery....a married person having sex outside their marriage. Most churches no longer view remarriage as a problem regardless of the reasons for the divorce.

In the Bible, anytime a married person has sex outside their God ordained marriage, both parties are committing adultery. If they did not have biblical reasons to divorce, then it does not matter if they divorced then legally remarried the other person or not--it is still adultery. God states it is adultery to have sex after a non-biblical divorce unless they reconcile with their God ordained spouse.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
@Seriously__
I can understand how that might work once but those married three time or more did not mean it if they even found in necessary to repent in the first place or heaven is full of rapist,murderers,and worse.

Still that does not explain why the United States with 85% god fearing has the highest divorce rate in the world.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians have attempted to redefine adultery for their convenience and sadly as shown in society today, it has largely been a successful venture. Two people on this thread have already pointed out the "new definition" of adultery....a married person having sex outside their marriage. Most churches no longer view remarriage as a problem regardless of the reasons for the divorce.
In the Bible, anytime a married person has sex outside their God ordained marriage, both parties are committing adultery. If they did not have biblical reasons to divorce, then it does not matter if they divorced then legally remarried the other person or not--it is still adultery. God states it is adultery to have sex after a non-biblical divorce unless they reconcile with their God ordained spouse.
Yes I know, that is the post my reply was to. and ended with "But I understand you can't have what Jesus says getting in the way of what Christians today say is okay.
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand how that might work once but those married three time or more did not mean it if they even found in necessary to repent in the first place or heaven is full of rapist,murderers,and worse.
Still that does not explain why the United States with 85% god fearing has the highest divorce rate in the world.
Just shows all these supposed God fearing people don't take their own book seriously.

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>You are right and God is wrong. We get it.
Happy?
Yes, I am VERY happy and I have great joy and peace; thank you for asking. However, my happiness, joy and peace have zero to do with you, your comment or Topix. My happiness, joy and peace have everything to do with my gratitude to Christ for all He has done, and my wonderful family. I accept God is right and His way is best. That has always been the icing on the cake of my life :).

God bless you and yours.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>Read your post. Read what Jesus says. It is not what I posted? A certain poster always tries to defend homosexuality. But, she will never say it is the same as rape or bestiality.
except on the ground of unchastity, causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
except on the ground of unchastity, causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
and yet American Catholic get divorced more than all other country Catholic combined. With the United states having only 25% of worlds Catholics. Sad indeed. Myself an atheist still happily married to first wife.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the problem that deceiver refuse to address.
A woman is a Christian. She get divorced and she remarriages. She has three children in the new marriages. She seeks forgiveness and repents. So, does she accept the forgiveness and leave the husband and children.
Okay, a person is engaged in rape, another is a homosexual. Both become Christians. Each of these can stop the behavior and they must.
She can have joint custody of the kids.but yes she should never have sex again.

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the problem that deceiver refuse to address.
A woman is a Christian. She get divorced and she remarriages. She has three children in the new marriages. She seeks forgiveness and repents. So, does she accept the forgiveness and leave the husband and children.
Okay, a person is engaged in rape, another is a homosexual. Both become Christians. Each of these can stop the behavior and they must.
I am very aware of this remarriage problem, and I am wise enough to say I have no solution. A woman in fact came on here asking for advice in that situation, and I was one of the only ones who would post to her. I asked her to speak openly to her pastor, read the Bible, pray, study the Bible, pray, and pray some more. Most everyone else wanted to ignore this huge problem we as a society have created by attempting to redefine adultery.

I asked one of the people who claims to be a preacher on here to come to the thread and talk with her, all he had to say was tell her to go and sin no more but he refused to outline how she was to do that. He also, refused to go to the thread to speak with her. It is easy to say go and sin no more, but once the problem exists, there is no "good" solution.

One person on here likened unBiblical divorce and remarriage to a scrambled egg....it can never be unscrambled again. There is no "easy" solution. This is why we should STOP trying to redefine adultery. It helps no one and it hinders many.

AGAIN AND AGAIN.....God's way is best.
Uncircumcised Philistine

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

A straight person living a sexual immoral lifestyle...ie running from one person to the next outside of marriage, is no different than a homosexual having sex with someone of the same sex. God doesn't recognize gay marriages and speaks against same sex relations, so both gay and straight living the lifestyles would be considered sexually immoral if they died in their sins and never made any effort to turn from them.
Buffy The Atheist Slayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

You can convince someone in sexual immorality with scriptures that what they are doing is wrong and they may just be convicted to change in turn around, you can't convict the homosexual of what they're doing is wrong and they have no guilt, want, or need to turn around from what they are doing.

“Think for Yourself”

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>God's way is that women should be silent in the church too. That too has been scrambled and most women do not wish to unscramble that. We have been scrambled with pagans and unbelievers. Many Christians will say that they do not want a theocracy. They would not want to live under Mormon law, Christian law, Judeo law, Muslim law, etc. but they are okay living under secular satanic pagan law. These Christians would rather live without law, than have any law.
There is no such thing as a secular country, just rebellious people.
Many countries live under religious law and not one of those countries were in the top 10 divorce list.
None of these countries were on that list and they all have a large Muslim population.
1 Indonesia 204852000
2 Pakistan 178092000
3 India 177291000
4 Bangladesh 48602000
5 Egypt 80029000
6 Nigeria 75723000
7 Iran 74809000
8 Turkey 74665000
9 Algeria 34785000
10 Morocco
I can assure you that with most of those countries you listed, if divorce was all they had to worry about they would be very happy!
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
In response to "How can a gay be a Christian?? when LEV 18:22, LEV 20:13, ROM 1:24-30, 1 COR 6:19 all says its wrong and that lifestyle will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.
Its a commandment of God and is spoken against through the bible.
Exodus 20:14
14 “You shall not commit adultery.
Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:19-21
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality,impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
and many other scriptures
How can a Sexually Immoral or Adulterer be a Christian, if the bible repeatedly says no sexually Immoral or Adulterous person will inherit the kingdom of heaven?
This question is the perfect example of how ridiculous it is with Homosexuality being okay in the eyes of God and living that lifestyle and thinking they are living a righteous life in the eyes of God. If all other sins are not okay in Gods eyes, neither is this sin of (HOMOSEXUALITY)sexual immorality.
Great points

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 5 min Investigator 10,503
What do you think about Dollarsbill? 55 min suomynona 4
jebus crise the christian 1 hr suomynona 5
A Message from Nettie 2 hr par five 851
About Dollarsbill .... 3 hr joe 7 52
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 3 hr Mr Ironhart 1,335
Religion and the New World Order (Feb '12) 4 hr Anita in Tongzhou 11
WHAT GOD SAID to ME TODAY 5 hr stupid is not a disease 236
•••