Comments
741 - 760 of 806 Comments Last updated Dec 14, 2013
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#759
Dec 6, 2012
 
naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>It is a life of awe, yours is despair and fear.
How can life be awesome if you are just an accident with no ultimate purpose? You are born, you eat, sleep, maybe procreate and then you die i.e. cease to exist. Its all atoms in motion and that's it.
Doesn't trouble you that after you die you cease to exist? Never to see loved ones again?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#760
Dec 6, 2012
 
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
How does DNA determine your eye color? How does a flower grow? Why does a chicken have weird looking toes? Why does a platypus lay eggs?
I have already said truth and reality are unknown. Do you read?
You are a bonehead dude. A closed minded religious nut you are.
Don't worry though because God still loves you. He's just waiting for you to come around.
Where does DNA come from? Why should a flower be beautiful? How would you answer these questions from your worldview?
John from Texas

Del Valle, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#762
Dec 6, 2012
 
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
They are factual historically. We know the places mentioned did exist. We know many of the people existed. We know the way of life in the 1st century was the way its described in them.
I agree a person can be good by human standards without the Bible.
But not by God's standards, right? They're going to hell, right? What about the inner "bible" that the other people go by? The bible written by the individual in their head as instructed by the God they hear everyday. They going to hell for following their heart?
John from Texas

Del Valle, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#763
Dec 6, 2012
 
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does DNA come from? Why should a flower be beautiful? How would you answer these questions from your worldview?
It all is the God that you do not recognize. That's the conclusion I have thus far come to. God is not separate, God is all. But I can't know. It's just the best explanation for me so far. It makes way more sense to me than your explanation. Your ideas seem really primitive to me.
John from Texas

Del Valle, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#764
Dec 6, 2012
 
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
How can life be awesome if you are just an accident with no ultimate purpose? You are born, you eat, sleep, maybe procreate and then you die i.e. cease to exist. Its all atoms in motion and that's it.
Doesn't trouble you that after you die you cease to exist? Never to see loved ones again?
It doesn't bother me that I might cease to exist when I die. I hope there is something more but if not that is OK. I brushed death once and it felt peaceful. It wasn't because I was going somewhere, it was because I had done pretty good in life. When life flashed, it was all the good things and I felt peace at the moment of death. Maybe that was that God thing, but it wasn't what you are trying to convince people to believe. I met "it" and what you say "it" is foreign to me. I don't know what happens after you die and you don't either.
John from Texas

Del Valle, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#765
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does DNA come from? Why should a flower be beautiful? How would you answer these questions from your worldview?
Why would you need an answer? Why not just roll around in it and enjoy it? There are no answers. Enjoy!!
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#766
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I don't know anyone that aborts children.

I'm just pointing out your belief system has created a justification for abortion.
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You think like an atheist. Why would it be best for people to abort their children? Why rob a child of this life?

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#767
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
How can life be awesome if you are just an accident with no ultimate purpose? You are born, you eat, sleep, maybe procreate and then you die i.e. cease to exist. Its all atoms in motion and that's it.
Doesn't trouble you that after you die you cease to exist? Never to see loved ones again?
no

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#768
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast. Your way is not the way to determine truth. Let's compare each with various tests and see which one is right. Or if you want, lets compare what you believe with truth and reality and see how well it holds up. You game?
No problem.

Bible truth: Eagles nest in the stars.
Scientific truth: Eagles nest in tall trees and on high cliffs.

Bible truth: Stars are soldiers.
Scientific truth: Stars are thermonuclear balls of Hydrogen.

Bible truth: Animals speak Hebrew.
Scientific truth: Animals don't speak Hebrew.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#769
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawkins is ignorant. People far smarter than Dawkins and know far more abut the Bible than he does would never say such an absurd thing.
But, everything he said in that quote is true! Didn't god kill all the first born males in Egypt? Well, that would include infants...infanticide. God says in some cases women who get raped should be killed. Can't get more misogynous than that. God orders the slaughter of an entire city.
http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm
Jealous:
"God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies." Nahum 1:2
Can you point out a single thing in Dawkin's quote that isn't true?
Jeff wrote:
Here is something Dawkins did write: " In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won't find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.”
&#8213; Richard Dawkins, River Out Of Eden: A Darwinian View Of Life"
Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? Will you live your life like this knowing it does not matter?
Are you denying what Dawkins says is true? Or do you just not want to face the truth of what he says?

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
They are factual historically. We know the places mentioned did exist. We know many of the people existed. We know the way of life in the 1st century was the way its described in them.
I agree a person can be good by human standards without the Bible.
We can say the same thing about the Sherlock Holmes stories.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#771
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Unbelievers are angry with the word of God because it convicts them of their sins. They want to continue to live in their ungodly worldly ways.

They know deep down that "My God is Real".

There are some things I may not know,
there are some places I can't go;
but I am sure of this one thing,
that God is real for I can feel Him deep within.

Yes, God is real,
real in my soul.
Yes, God is real
for He has washed and made me whole.
His love for me is like pure gold,
yes, God is real
for I can feel Him in my soul.

Some folks may doubt,
some folks may scorn,
all can desert and leave me alone.
But as for me, I'll take God's part,
for God is real and I can feel Him in my heart.

Yes, God is real,
real in my soul.
Yes, God is real
for He has washed and made me whole.
His love for me is like pure gold,
yes, God is real
for I can feel Him in my soul.

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#772
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Romans Road wrote:
Unbelievers are angry with the word of God because it convicts them of their sins. They want to continue to live in their ungodly worldly ways.
They know deep down that "My God is Real".
There are some things I may not know,
there are some places I can't go;
but I am sure of this one thing,
that God is real for I can feel Him deep within.
Yes, God is real,
real in my soul.
Yes, God is real
for He has washed and made me whole.
His love for me is like pure gold,
yes, God is real
for I can feel Him in my soul.
Some folks may doubt,
some folks may scorn,
all can desert and leave me alone.
But as for me, I'll take God's part,
for God is real and I can feel Him in my heart.
Yes, God is real,
real in my soul.
Yes, God is real
for He has washed and made me whole.
His love for me is like pure gold,
yes, God is real
for I can feel Him in my soul.
I will not eat green eggs and ham, I will not eat them in a pew, I will not eat them with a Jew. I do not like green eggs and ham, oh spam I am.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#773
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

naturalwonder wrote:
<quoted text>I will not eat green eggs and ham, I will not eat them in a pew, I will not eat them with a Jew. I do not like green eggs and ham, oh spam I am.
You don't like hymns?

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like hymns?
I don't like fanatics. People who don't understand science and those that must know they are right without seeing their own gullibility.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#775
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like hymns?
We don't like fundies.

Te pesentamos el vino y el pan,
Bendito seas por siempre, Señor.
Bendito seas, Señor,
Por este pan tu nos diste,
Fruto de la tierra y del trabajo de los hombres.
Te pesentamos el vino y el pan,
Bendito seas por siempre, Señor.

Te pesentamos el vino y el pan,
Bendito seas por siempre, Señor.
Bendito seas, Señor,
El vino tu nos lo diste,
Fruto de la tierra y trabajo de los hombres.
Te pesentamos el vino y el pan,
Bendito seas por siempre, Señor.

This sounds a lot like us but our musicians are way better and are church is way smaller and packed to the rafters on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I do the altar boy thing, too, except on Sundays. This morning I also got to read de la Lectura del Profeta Isaías, capitulo 29.

I went to town on some errands and Albertsons had roses for seven bucks a dozen so I picked up a dozen for Nuestra Señora de Guadulupe. By a curious coincidence the guys were building what I guess would be called etageres to fill with flowers. There was some debate whether or not there is a tragic flaw in the design but one of the ladies whose name I do not know has a plan that just might work. They fed us all and I did the dishes.

What did you do this morning?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#776
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't like fundies.
Why don't you like Christians?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#777
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
We can say the same thing about the Sherlock Holmes stories.
It would be a lot more like the Bible if Moriarty was a Hobbit.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#778
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
Unbelievers are angry with the word of God because it convicts them of their sins. They want to continue to live in their ungodly worldly ways.
That is pure BS! You live in a fantasy world and never experienced what others here have experienced. You are a presumptuous egotistical AZZ.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#779
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you like Christians?
When you say you're 'Independent' does that mean you belong to a congretation independent of the Southern Baptists or just trying to figure out the Bible all by yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook making whites reproduce like crazy 16 min howstupidareyou 16
God is not at war with satan. 17 min howstupidareyou 10
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 17 min Gary Coaldigger 1,418
A Message from Nettie 17 min howstupidareyou 1,139
Why would God allow MH17 to be shot down??? 18 min howstupidareyou 119
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 19 min paganbirdkeeper666 11,620
God is just 19 min howstupidareyou 86
Islam vs Christian heaven 22 min howstupidareyou 43
WHAT GOD SAID to ME TODAY 14 hr howstupidareyou 272
•••
•••