What does the Christian fish symbol m...

What does the Christian fish symbol mean (ixthus / icthus)?

Created by Yesu Kristo Mwokozi wangu on Aug 24, 2010

107 votes

Click on an option to vote

I have one on my car.

I don't have one on my car.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#248 Sep 25, 2012
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>First off, not just ANYBODY can edit Wiki. That's no longer their policy, and even when it was more open to public edits, it was still not that easy to do for You or Me.
I have not seen any evidence that the policy at Wiki has changed except for articles about living persons, which must be reviewed by Wiki. Not too long ago someone made the same argument to me. I immediatley went to Wiki and "edited" the article he had quoted just to show him that I could. Then, although he had just argued it could not be done, he went and deleted my edit.
Their goal over there has always been to be accurate, not be a propaganda laden site. There's no positive outcome for their business model to be nothing but a propaganda site. Wiki is now considered to be a viable source for summary information on most topics such as those we're engaged in discussing, and dragging thru the mud of our opinions.
I'm sure that has been their goal, but they do not review everything that is posted on Wiki, nor do they review what is posted against the cited sources to see if they are correct.
You're expecting a Professional bibliography from us? Will you do the same? Shall I hire a staff to do my research now - in order to post here at Topix? When most of these "conversations" are off the cuff for most of us...
Are you through ranting, yet? I provide the titles and authors of sources I cite and links to primary source when possible. I do not quote Wiki or anonymous websites as authorities on any topic.
What do you use to test any sources as credible? Opinion, agenda, deep skepticism, the counsel of an expert...a friend, wife, girl-friend, Ouija board...?(I hope not the Bible..?)
More ranting! If you have been reading my posts you know what kind of sources I quote, e.g. The Jewish Encyclopedia, The Catholic Encyclopedia, BAGD, BDB, TWOT, TDNT, etc. I quote the most credible sources I can and identify my sources. Once again maybe you can understand it if I repeat it enough times. I consider published peer reviewed books by accredited scholars credible. I do not consider Wiki and anonymous websites as credible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) 1 hr RiccardoFire 162
dealing with homosexual child 4 hr Kathy 1
What Does the Word Say 7 hr dollarsbill 4
christianity is done. knowledge is power 9 hr dollarsbill 15
SCIENTIFIC ERRORS of the BOOK OF REVELATION. (Sep '08) Sat Joey 48
Dating Morals Apr 20 DeDominicis 16
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) Apr 17 pelham2micci 526