First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21 Oct 21, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>To treat others in a way that would not be insulting to them or their beliefs/culture IS loving.
You mean like by not telling them they suck, or trying to make them feel there religion is a second hand spin off? Stuff like that?
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#22 Oct 21, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>To treat others in a way that would not be insulting to them or their beliefs/culture IS loving.
Do you wear a burqa or chadri when possibly in the presence of people that may be Muslim?

Or are you an unloving person?

“Only Biblical methods will”

Since: Apr 10

bring others to Christ

#23 Oct 21, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
May the Lord bless you with understanding.
Do you disagree with the biblical passage that has become a popular maxim;
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
(Matthew 7:12)?
Reads pretty darn clear to me.
My agreement or disagreement with God's commandments is irrelevant is it not? God does not care whether I agree or disagree. He expects obedience, not agreement.

I obey that commandment up until it violates the 2nd NT commandment. When both cannot be followed simultaneously, then the 2nd NT commandment takes precedent IMO. My comment was in regard to when the two commandments are in conflict. In our culturally diverse world, these two are in conflict on a greater scale than ever before.

God bless you and yours.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#24 Oct 21, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you wear a burqa or chadri when possibly in the presence of people that may be Muslim?
Or are you an unloving person?
Why would you have to do that?
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#25 Oct 21, 2013
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
My agreement or disagreement with God's commandments is irrelevant is it not?
It may seem an irrelevant point to you.
But God demands not only your agreement with His commandments but also your obedience.

Seriously__ wrote:
God does not care whether I agree or disagree. He expects obedience, not agreement.
You just contradicted your for first statement on agreement and obedience.
Seriously__ wrote:
I obey that commandment up until it violates the 2nd NT commandment. When both cannot be followed simultaneously, then the 2nd NT commandment takes precedent IMO. My comment was in regard to when the two commandments are in conflict. In our culturally diverse world, these two are in conflict on a greater scale than ever before.
So you conveniently pick and choose what part of God's word you follow, like a "cafeteria christian"?

There is no conflict in God's words, only in mankind's acquiescence.
Seriously__ wrote:
God bless you and yours.
And you too.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#26 Oct 21, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you have to do that?
I DON'T have to do that.
Men are not required by Muslims to wear a burqa or chadri.

But as a woman, YOU are if you are going to treat others in a way that would not be insulting to them or their beliefs/culture.

Think before you speak, especially when you are trying to reinterpret God's word.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#27 Oct 21, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T have to do that.
But as a woman, YOU are if you are going to treat others in a way that would not be insulting to them or their beliefs/culture.
Think before you speak, especially when you are trying to reinterpret God's word.
Advise you should eagerly take yourself.

You don't hold a monopoly on interpretation of scripture.

You said "But God demands not only your agreement with His commandments but also your obedience."

Actually:

The Ten Commandments are often cited as examples of the natural law. Christians are obliged to follow the laws cited in the Ten Commandments not because they are cited in the Ten Commandments—part of Old Testament law—but because they are part of the natural law—for the most part.

Certainly we can know by reason alone that certain actions are immoral—e.g., to kill the innocent, to take what does not belong to us, to cheat on our spouses, etc.

Similarly, we can know by reason alone that we are obliged to worship our Creator.
http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/why...
----------

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#28 Oct 21, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T have to do that.
I don't buy your explanation here.

I am not reinterpreting anything.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#29 Oct 22, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Big Al, Voltaire should be quoted in context.
I mean, just because someone professes to follow God doesn't mean they are incapable of being wrong. The Bible is full of stories about God's people sinning.
Voltaire was a deist who criticized contemporary Christianity and often religion in general.
But your 'cherry-picked' quote has nothing to do with the Truth of Christianity and everything to do with the Lie of Mohammed.
In his seminal 'Philosophical Dictionary,' labeled "Reason," Voltaire sharply criticizes Islam:
"Your religion, although it has some good points, such as worship of the great Being, and the necessity of being just and charitable, is otherwise nothing but a rehash of Judaism and a tedious collection of fairy tales.
If the archangel Gabriel had brought the leaves of the Koran to Mahomet from some planet, all Arabia would have seen Gabriel come down : nobody saw him; therefore Mahomet was a brazen impostor who deceived imbeciles."
http://history.hanover.edu/texts/voltaire/vol...
Voltaire's quote has to do with the consequences of people (Muslim or Christian) believing that they know what "God" wants and that nothing else matters except what they believe "God" wants.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#30 Oct 22, 2013
Thanks, Big Al.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salvation, unequal opportunity 6 min truthandcommonsense 23
Before The Big Bang 8 min dollarsbill 3,893
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 9 min janeebee 493
God's name is Yahweh 10 min truthandcommonsense 75
LGBT in the Christian Forum 12 min dollarsbill 41
Question for Preachers of the Law 12 min truthandcommonsense 9
The post count of Dollarsbill 13 min truthandcommonsense 1,468
Nearly all Christians are Frauds 14 min truthandcommonsense 42
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 19 min truthandcommonsense 3,546
More from around the web