Miraculous Healings-- Question

“In the rustling of the leaves”

Since: Dec 07

Washington, D.C.

#14664 Aug 28, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>For the sake of conversation, try to understand the levels of "judging," according to the bible.
One form of "judging" is "condemnation," which we're forbidden. It is this definition of "judging" that the biblically unknowledgeable automatically adhere to the term. The second definition, though, which many are unaware of (or ignore), is to "discern between right and wrong," according to the ways and thoughts of "God." Christians should admit that this discernment should always be, first and foremost, an honest evaluation of ourselves. On the other hand, though, it is the responsibility of every Christian to correct one another if it's determined that we're straying from the path set before us. Keep in mind that the final "judgment" isn't always a negative one. To proclaim another as "righteous," or "holy," or "spiritual," or even a "nice person," this is only possible by evaluating (or judging) the person.
Our judgement of others is no service to Christ!
It is ONLY by our example of the influence the Lord is having IN ourselves, that we can serve the purpose of Christ.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#14665 Aug 28, 2009
resident wrote:
<quoted text> She counted on the birth control pills to prevent her from becoming pregnant or she would've used additional precautions. They served a dual purpose for her.
yes they did.

as my granny would say, that has nothing to do with the price of eggs today

you implyed that the catholic church is against the birth control pill for any reason. that is not true.

what she eventually used it for, is not the issue

TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14666 Aug 28, 2009
Listen To This wrote:
<quoted text>Resident, you are such a sweet soul! I think you are so very special. I love your comments. I love the songs you post. If I don't know them, as I read them, it's like I "feel" the music to them.
this post is known as a fundie reach around

TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14667 Aug 28, 2009
Listen To This wrote:
<quoted text>You probably wouldn't get it!!! Sorry!!!!
i dont want it! thanks

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14668 Aug 28, 2009
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I see no great obstacles at all.
The couple kept their child, they married, they are together and raising their child. I believe love_spell said they do attend church. They have support and love from family.
What obstacles? Because they did not remain Catholic?
no nettie, at this time they dont attend church. her parents and grandparents still attend the church. have even taken my nanababy on occasion.

my DIL still believes. i think my son is still researching.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14669 Aug 28, 2009
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>
BLL is a prime example of an anti-Catholic.
oh ok! now i get it!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14670 Aug 28, 2009
resident wrote:
<quoted text> There is no clarity (for Christians)without scripture and yes this includes Catholics, we are not "just" sacramental.Some Atheists have no respect for Christians or their beliefs and come to these posts just to bash.I don't bother Atheists, Muslims, vegetarians or any other group in their forums and expect the same from them.
as i have pointed out to many of your "siblings in christ" who come to threads that state plainly its a non christian thread and then start spamming with scripture..........it's a public forum and anyone can post.

dont like my posts, dont read them!

show some of that christian love and tolerance you preach so much about!

“Atheist and Proud !”

Since: Nov 07

Ontario,Canada

#14671 Aug 28, 2009
Hello

LTT

A couple of things I want to add or clear up..

////Would you really fight for my right to believe in God, even with your life, Athiest?//

Why do you think that I would not stand up for your beliefs with my life ??

That Question in itself, makes me think that you don't know Anything about Atheists..

Do you think that we cannot be Patriotic, and stand up for Justice, What is right, Life Liberty and Freedom ?? You really don't know much about us do you ??

You've listened to people like Bush, and Missionary Man too long.

This is what I meant about not only being misunderstood,, but Blatantly and Purposefully Misrepresented with the Full intention to Demonize us...

// We believe what we believe. You don't believe what you don't want to believe.//

It's NOT a matter of Not wanting to believe...

It's a matter of Not being Able to Believe...

Heres a little example...

Forget about Everything for a moment..

Try and make yourself believe in Garden Gnomes..

Little Creatures with red hats,red shirts wearing canvas overalls that tend your gardens with small tools and Gnome sized plow horses...

Make yourself believe,, Force yourself believe...

Ok,, So,, how did it go ?

Do you now believe in Garden Gnomes ??

If Not,, Try again,, and again,, and again..

Nothing Yet ??

You must Not be trying hard enough...

This is Exactly the same thing that we face when it comes to your god.. Exactly...

It's Not a matter of wanting or not wanting.. It's a matter of , The Way it Is..

Nothing you, Anyone else or even ourselves can say will change that...

I can't say to myself tomorrow morning,, "Come on A,, Think about it.. Of Course there's a god,, Why wouldn't there be ? "

Even if I Squeeze my eyes Shut and Grit my teeth together and Think really hard,, isn't going to change that. It May for some of us bend slightly from time to time,, but it ALWAYS springs back to True for us...

Our minds cannot allow the Superstitious or Supernatural to enter,, neither toward god, or toward satan...

Some of us however will allow belief in certain things, that may or may not jive with Atheism..

I for instance, going against my better judgment allow the thought that Jesus was a real person.. I believe he existed, I believe he was a good man, even though part of me says it's Nonsense..

Another part of me believes in UFO's and Intelligent life, some Atheists may scoff at that, and that's fine...

Another part of me believes that Bush and his Cronies were involved in 9/11, as well as my belief in the NWO..

I consider myself a Free Thinker...

I'm an Atheist, yet I'm spiritual in a Naturalistic sense...

Some people like John the Dumbass can't Grasp that concept,, because they are stuck in the "god"
mentality..

To some degree I can almost accept a "god" if you will,, but I Don't and Never will except your version or Concept of what YOU believe "god" is...

It's Simply something that I will not even consider,, with the Knowledge I have on human history with and of "gods", Case in Point,, Thor, Zeus, etc etc etc...

I hope that explains my position a little better..

A.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14672 Aug 28, 2009
resident wrote:
<quoted text> Actually she stated they are not cristards. No church no religion. No Catholic sacraments which you proclaim to others as vital to the faith. I thought you raised a family, how can you pretend there will not be obstacles? I heard in Florida there are now over a million unemployed. The estimated cost to raise a child is now $300,000. That they have to completely rely on their parents for help for years because at that age they can't even take care of themselves. What about health insurance? Too many children in foster care system because adoption gets such a bad rap. She might not be praying for her son and his wife and child but I will.
the mother is now an RN and has health insurance thru the hospital.

my son has insurance thru his work. and once he finishes at the police academy will have full benefits thru the police dept.

again i state, there is nothing wrong with adoption. if that is a choice a person chooses. its their choice.

you dont comprehend well do you?

as for other expenses for a child, is my nanababy the only child that has such a loving and devouted extended family? willing to help in anyway needed?

dont alot of grandparents set up saving accounts and college funds for their grandchildren?

i will do it for each and everyone of mine. i cant imagine not doing so.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14673 Aug 28, 2009
resident wrote:
<quoted text> And there are some Catholics who want to change the church to fit their own views. I live in NY. We don't play the pity card and we don't make excuses for those unable to follow the edicts of the church. Not in any of the posts was there any mention of confession, penance or reconciliation. everyone just wanted it to be overlooked and not addressed. That is irresponsible.
it wasnt mentioned because it wasnt important.

it didnt change the outcome of the situation.

you are simply spliting hairs.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14674 Aug 28, 2009
resident wrote:
<quoted text> yeah I know She believes adoption is wonderful but not for her family, how dare it be suggested.
again you dont comprehend little one.

i said we would have stood behind them no matter what choice they made.

what part of NO MATTER WHAT do you not understand. i would never dream of telling anyone that they had to raise a child they were not ready to raise.

but i wouldnt turn my back on them if they made a choice i thought was wrong.

you really are lacking in intelligence.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14675 Aug 28, 2009
resident wrote:
<quoted text> Graduated college? 17 years old? Married 5 years AFTER the baby was born? Something is not making sense.
what doesnt make sense.

they started dating when my son was 17 and the mother was 16. she became pregnant right after she turned 17. she graduated a few weeks after she had the baby. entered nursing school that sept. she entered college as a sophmore because she took college classes in high school. they are called early bird classes.

i guess i should have said they have been together for 5 and 1/2 yrs. they started dating in feb of 2004. its now august, so that means its been 5 yrs and 6 months. sorry i wasnt more detailed for your benefit.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14676 Aug 28, 2009
resident wrote:
<quoted text> Nettie you are being conned.
no she isnt. she has good reading comprehension, unlike you.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14677 Aug 28, 2009
resident wrote:
<quoted text> Of course priests are human and make mistakes, but I don't believe not agreeing to marry teenagers in the church is a mistake. If they waited 5 years to get married civilly, that is when she graduated college, obviously they weren't ready while she was pregnant. Marriage is big commitment and marriage in the Catholic church is permanent.
they didnt ask the priest to marry them as teenagers. where did i make that claim? i said they went to the priest for spiritual guidance.

i also never said they got married 5 yrs after the baby was born. she was three when they got married.

they committed to each other. but wanted to wait until she had graduated college. my son graduates next week. he took a semseter off when the baby almost died. thats why he didnt graduate this past spring.

my DIL had her wedding all planned out. she didnt want a rushed half assed wedding. so they decided to wait.

you dont want to know what the wedding cost. it was what both of them wanted. and that is how it should be!

do you need to know what color underwear they both wore during the ceremony?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14678 Aug 28, 2009
resident wrote:
<quoted text> feeling snarly, big supporter of adoption. hate to see it maligned. Hate to see prospective adoptive parents portrayed as unscrupulously using any means to get a child, using a priest to manipulate an unwed teenage mother.
i never said at any time that there is anything wrong with adoption!

i never said anything negative about any adoptive parents.

i did state that it was my belief that the priest had ulterior motives. MY BELIEF. did you read that?

“Atheist and Proud !”

Since: Nov 07

Ontario,Canada

#14679 Aug 28, 2009
Hello

Love_spell

//i dont understand parents who kick a daughter out when she gets pregnant. other than the fact that they cant deal with the fact that they failed as parents in their eyes.//

Well THAT is a Very good point..

I've know at least 2 "Christian" families who have done EXACTLY that...

Given the girl the Boot and pretty much disowning her for becoming pregnant..

This happens Far too often I suspect....

//this post is known as a fundie reach around//

LMAO

Now That's just F-ing Priceless....

The Fundie Reach Around....

That's some Funny Azzed Shyte right There !!

A.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14680 Aug 28, 2009
Listen To This wrote:
<quoted text>I can see and understand a lot of your points you've made. I don't see a lot of people who love Jesus attacking one another.........
dont see, or wont see?

its there. so i am not sure why you dont see it.

a fine example is the way resident and bll attack and devour nettie.

anyone who challenges, or questions certain ideas, is chewed up spit out, passed to the next so called christian and chewed up and spit out again. i have seen some vile nasty names, that i didnt know christians knew, much less called people. the ones here on topix that is.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#14681 Aug 28, 2009
Janeebananee wrote:
Our judgement of others is no service to Christ!
It is ONLY by our example of the influence the Lord is having IN ourselves, that we can serve the purpose of Christ.
2Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Proverbs 15:10
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.

John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1Corinthians 2:14-16
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may accept him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Galatians 6:1
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Example 1: Galatians 2:11
But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Example 2: 2Corinthians 13:2
I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14682 Aug 28, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>For the sake of conversation, try to understand the levels of "judging," according to the bible.
One form of "judging" is "condemnation," which we're forbidden. It is this definition of "judging" that the biblically unknowledgeable automatically adhere to the term. The second definition, though, which many are unaware of (or ignore), is to "discern between right and wrong," according to the ways and thoughts of "God." Christians should admit that this discernment should always be, first and foremost, an honest evaluation of ourselves. On the other hand, though, it is the responsibility of every Christian to correct one another if it's determined that we're straying from the path set before us. Keep in mind that the final "judgment" isn't always a negative one. To proclaim another as "righteous," or "holy," or "spiritual," or even a "nice person," this is only possible by evaluating (or judging) the person.
judging is judging no matter what you call it.

this is called rationalization. its your way of making what you do ok.

now there is a difference between constructive criticism, and what you do.

you do it to be superior. thats wrong.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#14683 Aug 28, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>For the sake of conversation, try to understand the levels of "judging," according to the bible.
see above post.

this is just your way of rationalizing your behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
all religions are myths and fictions 21 min Old GT 58
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 24 min Son of Man 243
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 48 min Old GT 244
soiled christian should not cast stones at nonb... 1 hr Gary Coaldigger 4
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 2 hr POETRY SEDUCTION SEX 2,615
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 7 hr Cookie_Parker 19,898
*Forgiveness* 12 hr Truths 15
More from around the web