apokalypsis

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#21 May 26, 2009
Oh yeah. For general knowledge, PATMOS was known, during the generations of John, to be a place where Rome banished their exiles. According to certain writings from the likes of Jerome, Eusebius and Irenaeus, John was exiled to this island sometime around 95, or 96 AD/CE.
Listen To This

Midland, TX

#22 May 26, 2009
I believe something happened to my post, so here goes again. I am "Listen to This: Someone Who Loves Jesus," because He first loved me. I have used Someone Who Loves Jesus, and I also use Listen To This. Jesus knows who we each are, all of you and me. I, for one, am very thankful for this thread, and am looking forward to it. Thank you, Brother Lee, for starting it, and for giving your time to it. God bless you for it. I pray that God will help us and guide us through this study of His word in the book of Revelation.
Listen To This

Midland, TX

#23 May 26, 2009
So, looking back, I see that my first post made it after all. God bless to all!

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#24 May 26, 2009
Listen To This wrote:
I believe something happened to my post, so here goes again. I am "Listen to This: Someone Who Loves Jesus," because He first loved me. I have used Someone Who Loves Jesus, and I also use Listen To This. Jesus knows who we each are, all of you and me. I, for one, am very thankful for this thread, and am looking forward to it. Thank you, Brother Lee, for starting it, and for giving your time to it. God bless you for it. I pray that God will help us and guide us through this study of His word in the book of Revelation.
I thank you for your kind words, but the "thanks" rightfully should be given to KENSEY. KENSEY was the first to ask a question regarding Revelation 20. I only though it might be a good idea to start a thread about the book of Revelation as to not "crowd" the other thread. Then, when I noticed that you were interested, too, I thought, this must be done. In all of this, may the praise and glory be given to our heavenly Family that allows and inspires their will to be done, in earth as it is in heaven.

I, like you, pray that our 'Elhoyim blesses this thread so that all that must be learned is, indeed, learned so that we may give them the worthy praise and glory.

Revelation 1:1 has already been posted. If there's any thoughts as to what's been posted, please, don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Also, I must make one correction.

CORRECTION: I noticed that I had said that the book called Revelation was written just before the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. This, though, was an error. If chronology is correct, and my memory, the book called Revelation was written approximately 17 years AFTER the destruction. Give or take a few months, I guess. Sorry.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#25 May 26, 2009
1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Again, self-explanatory. John recorded all the visions that were shown to Christ who, in turn, told these things to John concerning all that was to be revealed.

The one thing that I feel should be explained, though, is the one thing that, many times, goes overlooked by the believer because this verse is so "self-explanatory."

It's statements like this that overshadows "faith." What I mean is, many believers claim that their belief in the heavenly Family is based on "faith." In other words, they claim to believe without having no "proof" that, either, "God" truly exists, or if the testimonies concerning our King and Lord are accurate and true. Those that are familiar with my posts might have seen me declare, more than a few times, that I believe not because I THINK "God" exists, but because I KNOW "God" exists.

The bible, itself, is proof of His existence. The writers of the bible are His personal witnesses. Moses SAW "God." The children of Israel, at the foot of the mountain, HEARD the very voice of "God" and were scared to death! The bible was written as our proof. The bible is historical evidence of "God" and His "ways" and "thoughts." The bible was given us to be our FIRST witness.

John, in this verse, takes position, again, as a faithful witness of our Father and His only-begotten Son. Our "faith," then, begins at believing in the testimonies left for us by these faithful witnesses.
Listen To This

Midland, TX

#26 May 26, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I thank you for your kind words, but the "thanks" rightfully should be given to KENSEY. KENSEY was the first to ask a question regarding Revelation 20. I only though it might be a good idea to start a thread about the book of Revelation as to not "crowd" the other thread. Then, when I noticed that you were interested, too, I thought, this must be done. In all of this, may the praise and glory be given to our heavenly Family that allows and inspires their will to be done, in earth as it is in heaven.
I, like you, pray that our 'Elhoyim blesses this thread so that all that must be learned is, indeed, learned so that we may give them the worthy praise and glory.
Revelation 1:1 has already been posted. If there's any thoughts as to what's been posted, please, don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Also, I must make one correction.
CORRECTION: I noticed that I had said that the book called Revelation was written just before the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. This, though, was an error. If chronology is correct, and my memory, the book called Revelation was written approximately 17 years AFTER the destruction. Give or take a few months, I guess. Sorry.
I've been reading from the first page, and I do remember Kensey asking the question on the Miracles thread. I bought a new notebook and pen just for this awhile ago. I'm looking forward to this study and conversation on Revelation. And, yes, as always, God deserves all the praise we can give Him and then some.
Halycon

United States

#27 May 26, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Greetings, salutations and shalom.
This thread was started so that any one that desires to learn about the book called Revelation can enter in and do just that; LEARN.
Discourage disputes. Encourage respectful, congenial debate, especially if it's going to lead us to a better understanding of what's written.
This thread is NOT to discredit what's written. If you aren't a "believer," PLEASE, keep your comments to yourself. Believers, please do not respond to those that enter here only to discredit and deny because this will only encourage non-believers to continue. By responding, this will, inevitably, lead the conversation to a point where more time is spent defending what we "believe" than discussing the topic at hand. This "defense time" will only be a waste of all of our time. Of course, we'll have to discern whether a non-believer is just trying to cause confusion, or actually has a genuine question regarding the topic.
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5
Hi Brother Lee,
Just now found this thread. I may not make many comments, but I will read along and comment when I can.
Blessings........
Halycon

United States

#28 May 26, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>There you are! Great! Let's get this party started! As you can see, I've already started.
I was thinking, too. I'll wait to ask the others, too, but do you think it's better to go verse by verse, chapter by chapter, or should we discuss, first, the questions that we might already have concerning particular scriptures. Then, once these get answered, we can get into the "verse by verse, chapter by chapter" thing. It matters not to me.
Hi Brother Lee,
Lets go verse by verse
Blessings....
Halycon

United States

#29 May 26, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
I almost forgot!
Should we introduce each other first for those that don't know who we are?
I'll go first.
Hi. My name is "Brother Lee Love" and I'm a "God"-oholic. I'm, currently, not seeking counseling, nor rehabilitation to become "clean" of my addiction. I hope never to be "cleansed" of my addiction. I'm proud of my addiction.
Okay...okay...I got the "jest" out of me. Back to the topic (for me, anyway).
Like always Brother Lee, I am running late. I am Halycon. I call myself a believer. I belive that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God. I believe that by His death, His burial and His resurrection and my trust in Him, that I am a child of God.
Blessings to all.........
Halycon

United States

#30 May 26, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
SOME DUDE and HART WESTFORD:
Greetings, salutations and shalom to the both of you.
First, I believe that most, if not all, "scholars" these days agree that the writer of the book of Revelation is, indeed, the apostle John, the same that wrote the gospel account by the same name. I believe this, too. What many overlook is the reason that John was on this isle called Patmos. John wrote that he was imprisoned on this island "for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ." Of a surety, he was more than prepared for such things as the disciples were warned, "Through many tribulations we must enter into the kingdom of God."
I, personally, believe that the book called Revelation is "A," "B" and "C," but "C," only partially. I'm sure that John, empowered with the Holy Spirit, knew very well that the "end times" began at Christ's ascension and would continue into and age past his own. I'm sure that John also knew (by revelation) that the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns was not the Roman Empire because, even then, it was known that not every "land" was ruled by the Roman Empire. In other words, they, by knowledge of the Spirit, would've known that Rome was not the only "known" world of their generation, although it might have been seen that way by many.
Hi Brother Lee,
Would you comnsider that the end times began duing the time of Isaiah?
Blessings.......

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#31 May 26, 2009
Halycon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Brother Lee,
Would you comnsider that the end times began duing the time of Isaiah?
Blessings.......
I must ask, are you referring to the prophesy at Isaiah 7:14? I feel I should ask because I'm not really sure why you would feel that the "end times" began during Isaiah's generation. I'm not saying you're wrong. If you're right, then you'll have to teach me what you know about this! If you don't mind, though, can you explain to me what causes you to think that the "end times" began then? And then, after that, we can continue with the topic at hand, presuming that your assertion coincides with the topic at hand.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#32 May 26, 2009
1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

John is telling us here that, like the nation of Israel in ancient times that received the blessings and curses of the most High through the laws given to Moses (the direct results of their obedience/faith, or their disobedience/lack of faith), so shall those reconciled to the Father receive the same blessings promised in the scriptures. This is what it means to "keep" these things. This term "keep" indicates the evidence of obedience/faith. Read them. Hear (believe) them. Become the perfect examples of the fruits of the Spirit to prove we believe these things whole-heartedly (<<<Kensey! lol). Why? Because the time is at hand. I, personally, believe, as I've stated before, that we're in the "this generation" stage of the prophesies.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#33 May 26, 2009
1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne.

I have to say this...ever notice that all the letters in the bible begins with the writers' name, unlike how we do it today, where we finish our letters with our name?

Of a surety, this scripture is just as self-explanatory as the first three, but I feel there is one thing to share (not that you don't know already).

I've heard many people ask, "What are the "seven Spirits?" Well, of course, we've all noticed how the number seven is always attributed to the Father, to the Son and even to the early church, which began with seven major church "centers." This number seven is to indicate perfection at its greatest. The number seven, as far as I know, has been called the "divine number" for I don't know how long.

Also, I'd like to point out how John was sure to describe Christ the way he did to put away all doubts. His description: Christ is the one who was with the Father from the very beginning of all things. Christ is with us today. This same Christ will be the one to usher in the new heavens and new earth.
Listen To This

Midland, TX

#34 May 26, 2009
OK, so other than the "this generation" stage, are there any other stages to note? If so, what are they?(I hope my question(s) doesn't sound stupid. You are saying and using some terms I have never heard). I am really interested in learning all I can about this and some other things. So, I hope you won't mind questions.

Since: Oct 08

Greenbrier, AR

#35 May 26, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Again, self-explanatory. John recorded all the visions that were shown to Christ who, in turn, told these things to John concerning all that was to be revealed.
The one thing that I feel should be explained, though, is the one thing that, many times, goes overlooked by the believer because this verse is so "self-explanatory."
It's statements like this that overshadows "faith." What I mean is, many believers claim that their belief in the heavenly Family is based on "faith." In other words, they claim to believe without having no "proof" that, either, "God" truly exists, or if the testimonies concerning our King and Lord are accurate and true. Those that are familiar with my posts might have seen me declare, more than a few times, that I believe not because I THINK "God" exists, but because I KNOW "God" exists.
The bible, itself, is proof of His existence. The writers of the bible are His personal witnesses. Moses SAW "God." The children of Israel, at the foot of the mountain, HEARD the very voice of "God" and were scared to death! The bible was written as our proof. The bible is historical evidence of "God" and His "ways" and "thoughts." The bible was given us to be our FIRST witness.
John, in this verse, takes position, again, as a faithful witness of our Father and His only-begotten Son. Our "faith," then, begins at believing in the testimonies left for us by these faithful witnesses.
we know..that we know...that we know..Amen

Greenbrier, AR

#36 May 26, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
John is telling us here that, like the nation of Israel in ancient times that received the blessings and curses of the most High through the laws given to Moses (the direct results of their obedience/faith, or their disobedience/lack of faith), so shall those reconciled to the Father receive the same blessings promised in the scriptures. This is what it means to "keep" these things. This term "keep" indicates the evidence of obedience/faith. Read them. Hear (believe) them. Become the perfect examples of the fruits of the Spirit to prove we believe these things whole-heartedly (<<<Kensey! lol). Why? Because the time is at hand. I, personally, believe, as I've stated before, that we're in the "this generation" stage of the prophesies.
LOL..at least you spelled it right..

I believe this to Brother..

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#37 May 26, 2009
First, I'm so glad you got that, Kensey! I was afraid you might forget and I'd offend you. Thank "God!" (whew!)

Second, at the top of my head, I can't think of any other "stages." (I hate when that happens.) For the record, though, I prefer to call this stage of the prophesies, or our own times, the "this generation" stage because of the prophesies declared by Jesus. In most cases, I refer to Matthew 24 to prove this.

In this chapter, we can read about Christ's prophesies regarding his return. And when he does, he says, "This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." Now, many people have read this and attributed "this generation" to the generation of that time, but unless Christ returned and established the kingdom of Heaven without anyone noticing it, we can't apply this phrase to that generation.

Matthew 24, I believe, speaks directly to our own times more than any other times.(I would also like to dedicate one thread just for Matthew 24, too.) This is the reason I call our generation the "this generation" stage. I believe that the major prophetic fulfillment of the bible are happening now, during this generation.
Listen To This

Midland, TX

#38 May 26, 2009
Yeah, that's what I thought you meant. I looked over it again. "This generation..." "This generation is the one that Jesus spoke of in Matt. 24, right, which is also the one that was not to be until Israel became a nation again, and under it's own rule. This happened in 1948. Correct me if I'm wrong. Then, there's other names or titles for other important generations, too. I get it. There must be an outline that a person could do on generations of prophecy, if it's not already been done. I might try to figure it out one day, but on this day, it's all I can do to keep my place at this computer. The natives (these children) are wrestless--and 3 have been wanting 'their turn.' Thanks Brother Lee.

Greenbrier, AR

#39 May 26, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
First, I'm so glad you got that, Kensey! I was afraid you might forget and I'd offend you. Thank "God!" (whew!)
Second, at the top of my head, I can't think of any other "stages." (I hate when that happens.) For the record, though, I prefer to call this stage of the prophesies, or our own times, the "this generation" stage because of the prophesies declared by Jesus. In most cases, I refer to Matthew 24 to prove this.
In this chapter, we can read about Christ's prophesies regarding his return. And when he does, he says, "This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." Now, many people have read this and attributed "this generation" to the generation of that time, but unless Christ returned and established the kingdom of Heaven without anyone noticing it, we can't apply this phrase to that generation.
Matthew 24, I believe, speaks directly to our own times more than any other times.(I would also like to dedicate one thread just for Matthew 24, too.) This is the reason I call our generation the "this generation" stage. I believe that the major prophetic fulfillment of the bible are happening now, during this generation.
Offended...no way..LOL..it was funny
Some Dude

Indiana, PA

#40 May 26, 2009
Brother Lee Love wrote:
First, I'm so glad you got that,(snipped)
I also believe that we are the generation He was referring to. Many have said that He was referring to the generation of that time,(preterist view). Jesus spoke of this time in Matthew 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
(yes, I agree, you could start a whole discussion on that chapter alone :-)

Mark 13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Luke 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 10 min blessed 1,377
gen 49: 27 1 hr Barmsweb 636
Intelligent People Question Everything 1 hr Barmsweb 922
The Moral Failure Of Christians 1 hr Barmsweb 325
1 Corinthians 11: 4-5 1 hr little lamb 11
Just A Talk With You Christians. 1 hr little lamb 531
Why did Christ come to Earth? 1 hr blessed 795
Bible Interpretation 7 hr Thai cun 1,638
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 8 hr Thai cun 20,783
More from around the web