Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#11758 Jan 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>So does science when it tries to convince us that we all evolved (eventually) from either rocks, sea organisms or space dust or ice.
A theory of a big bang...... and they keep on fitting the pieces to the jigsaw, and when they get it wrong, simply say, that's what science is, experimenting, getting it wrong, changing their minds and going off on a new tangent.
And they have recorded evidence of all their stupid mistakes, and so do we.
I know, I know, those silly scientists experimenting all the time until they eventually get it right, you would think they would get everything right first time if they had any brains wouldn't you Serah? Glad you want nothing to do with science. I know you don't use a computer to post to Topix as it's another one of those nasty science things. You just pray to god, tell him what you want to say and he magics it up on the screen for you. Way to go girl, way to go!

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Made in Yorkshire

#11759 Jan 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>So does science when it tries to convince us that we all evolved (eventually) from either rocks, sea organisms or space dust or ice.
A theory of a big bang...... and they keep on fitting the pieces to the jigsaw, and when they get it wrong, simply say, that's what science is, experimenting, getting it wrong, changing their minds and going off on a new tangent.
This is how one learns, by making mistakes and then correcting / adapting ones knowledge as new information becomes available.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11760 Jan 24, 2013
serah's world:
Apollo 1 has burnt on the launchpad.
Clearly god doesn't want us to go to the Moon.
Let's give up.
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I know, those silly scientists experimenting all the time until they eventually get it right, you would think they would get everything right first time if they had any brains wouldn't you Serah? Glad you want nothing to do with science. I know you don't use a computer to post to Topix as it's another one of those nasty science things. You just pray to god, tell him what you want to say and he magics it up on the screen for you. Way to go girl, way to go!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11761 Jan 24, 2013
Without using such an error feedback system, one must assume that serah has never learned to walk.
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how one learns, by making mistakes and then correcting / adapting ones knowledge as new information becomes available.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11762 Jan 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
Serah:
The theory of evolution simply shows us one of the ways God created.
I really hope that you do not think that God was as simple as those who, well over 2,000 years ago, tried to explain Him. lol

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Made in Yorkshire

#11763 Jan 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Without using such an error feedback system, one must assume that serah has never learned to walk.
<quoted text>
Perhaps they think falling down all the time is normal.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11764 Jan 24, 2013
I never thought they quaffed enough communion wine to explain that behaviour - now I know the real reason is a refusal to learn.
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps they think falling down all the time is normal.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#11765 Jan 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Innocent means you have not committed what ever it is that you may be accused of, and not guilty means there is no proof that you did commit the crime, to the degree that you are judged.
Perhaps GOD judges many as not guilty, rather than innocent, and then again, perhaps not :)
Not "no proof." There's a difference between "no evidence" and "insufficient evidence." There may be no evidence, and that would be insufficient to arrive at a guilty verdict. Or, there may be evidence, but simply not enough to arrive at a guilty verdict. At any rate, the burden of proof was not met for the claim of guilt, therefore they decide "not guilty." The jury does NOT declare that the defendant didn't perpetrate the crime...only that the prosecution did not meet its burden of proof.

Person X claims God exists. There is insufficient evidence for me to accept Person X's claim that God exists. Have I claimed that God does not exist? The answer is "no," because just like the jury, I haven't made the contrapositive claim (God does not exist, or the defendant is innocent); merely that the burden of proof has not been met (I do not accept the claim that God exists, or the defendant is not guilty).

The problem isn't that I'm rejecting the claim, it's that the claimants are not meeting their burden of proof, and are then attempting to shift the burden of proof by saying we're claiming the contrapositive. We're not. Anybody who insists otherwise is lying. If dishonesty is what the "faithful" need to protect their faith from sound reasoning and critical thinking skills, that's fine. It would be nice if they'd just admit that. But, of course, that would require honesty, which they must sacrifice for their faith, which puts the snakes tail in its mouth.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#11766 Jan 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
DNA demonstrates common ancestry. Fossils demonstrate common ancestry. ERVs demonstrate common ancestry. Deny reality all you want, but facts are facts.
Serah wrote:
A theory of a big bang......
What does the word "theory" mean in science? HINT: "wild-ass guess" ain't it.
Serah wrote:
and they keep on fitting the pieces to the jigsaw, and when they get it wrong, simply say, that's what science is, experimenting, getting it wrong, changing their minds and going off on a new tangent.
Tell you what: let's play a little game. I'll list all the technological advances, medical advances, and expansions of human knowledge that have come about via the scientific method, and YOU list all the technological advances and expansions of human knowledge that have come about via "God did it with magic." We'll alternate, each listing a single thing. As soon as one of us can't come up with an example for his/her source of advancement and knowledge, that person concedes. What do you say? Do "God magic" and the Bible stand a chance against the scientific method? Put your money where your mouth is, charlatan!

And, I'll even go first: polio vaccine.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#11767 Jan 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
Well actually we did come from sea slime that was struck by lightening to get us started. Never mind where the sea slime or even the lightening came from, that's beside the point.
<><

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#11768 Jan 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The scientific method is able to take new evidence on board whenever it is discovered. That's why the scientific method is so successful.
Religion has no reliable feedback mechanism. The religious ignore evidence. That's why religion is bollocks.
<quoted text>
Just sort of been writing about that in another forum, so I am going to post my reply to another posting here, as I think it fits the picture.

"haha... Cheers for the lessons!! I have known about maggots and leeches for some time now, and must admit, I love it when they go back to the past, looking for the simple measures, instead of the compound fractions (pun intended LOL).

***4:14 Then said I, Ah Lord God! behold, my soul hath not been polluted: for from my youth up even till now have I not eaten of that which dieth of itself, or is torn in pieces; neither came there abominable flesh into my mouth.***

My thoughts would be that we need the nutrients of the earth, and if one is a vegetarian, one still needs the proteins etc that only eating meat from ***ruminant - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/ruminant
Definition of ruminant : Use the word ruminant for any cud-chewing animal, like a cow or a camel***or sheep.... for the land of OZ!

We are earthlings, as I have written many times, and accordingly we need that which GOD gave us, and no matter how hard they have tried, they cannot replace GOD's sources and origins.

But, that is still not the scripture I am looking for, but it will come to mind, of that I am sure. Just a matter of finding the right words for Google to comprehend what I am seeking :) "

Demi Moore admits to bizarre beauty secret:'I let leeches suck my ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Demi-Moore-admits-biz... -...
Mar 25, 2008 – Leech therapy has a long history - ancient Egyptian doctors once considered ... Detox: Demi received the treatment as part of a 'cleanse' while ...
Leech Therapy - Medicinal Leeches for sale
www.leeches.biz/
Medicinal leeches, Hirudo Medicinalis. Includes modern methodology for their application, how to buy and use them, and case histories

#11769 Jan 24, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
I have written much on my favorite scientist.... who said I don't want anything to do with science or scientists? Not me, anyway.

***The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence ...- Amazon.com
www.amazon.com ›...› Religious Studies › Science & Religion
A devoutly Christian geneticist such as Francis S. Collins, author of The Language of God and leader of the Human Genome Project, can comfortably accept that....****

Francis Collins, in my eyes, has the wisdom to comprehend the number of man, and in fact, teach others as well. Our DNA is that which determines our futures and future generations, it is indeed up to us to keep the DNA strong and pure, with as little chance for mutation or variation as possible.

But, of course, I am seeking to further my spiritual knowledge, and sift through what I find and take that which suits my pathway best. And I am taking with me as much as I can :)

#11770 Jan 24, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA demonstrates common ancestry. Fossils demonstrate common ancestry. ERVs demonstrate common ancestry. Deny reality all you want, but facts are facts.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Tell you what: let's play a little game. I'll list all the technological advances, medical advances, and expansions of human knowledge that have come about via the scientific method, and YOU list all the technological advances and expansions of human knowledge that have come about via "God did it with magic." We'll alternate, each listing a single thing. As soon as one of us can't come up with an example for his/her source of advancement and knowledge, that person concedes. What do you say? Do "God magic" and the Bible stand a chance against the scientific method? Put your money where your mouth is, charlatan!
Life to everything

#11772 Jan 24, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Tartrazine (E102)

Potential Health Effects
Hyperactivity, thyroid tumors, aggression, headache, migraine, nettle rash, hay fever, asthma, insomnia, confusion, itching, blurred vision, swelling of the lips and tongue, cancer, teratogen.

Found in confectionery (great stuff for kids, now we can give them AD/HD medication to help calm them), lollies, snack foods, cereal, cheese crackers and heaps of other stuff.

Some Dex reactions...

*** Special warning about this medication:

Be aware that one of the inactive ingredients in Dexedrine is a yellow food coloring called tartrazine (Yellow No. 5). In a few people, particularly those who are allergic to aspirin, tartrazine can cause a severe allergic reaction.

Dexedrine may impair judgment or coordination. Do not drive or operate dangerous machinery until you know how you react to the medication.

There is some concern that Dexedrine may stunt a child's growth. For the sake of safety, any child who takes Dexedrine should have his or her growth monitored.

Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately

Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; tightness in the chest; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Very nervous and excitable.
Severe headache.
Chest pain, pressure, or fast heartbeats.
Any rash.
No improvement in condition or feeling worse.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_negati... ***

Funny how the symptoms of side effects are similar to each other, don't you think? And also funny that they can give one chemical (made up of perhaps 50 or more chemicals) and prescribe another medication to clear up their effects. If one gives it some thought.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#11773 Jan 24, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Well actually we did come from sea slime that was struck by lightening to get us started. Never mind where the sea slime or even the lightening came from, that's beside the point.
<><
Is it critical to shoehorn God into somewhere for your life to have meaning?

2 + 2 = 4
2 + 2 + God = 4

Is God necessary to figure out how we got to 4?

More to the point, how does making shit up explain anything?
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#11774 Jan 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Life to everything
Ah, but now you're just making stuff up. Without evidence, it's just a baseless claim. So, as soon as you demonstrate with empirical evidence that God is responsible for all life, you need to pick something else. Making shit up and declaring victory ain't gonna cut it. I ain't your Sunday school pie-faced rube pew neighbor. Try harder.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#11775 Jan 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Tartrazine (E102)
Potential Health Effects
Hyperactivity, thyroid tumors, aggression, headache, migraine, nettle rash, hay fever, asthma, insomnia, confusion, itching, blurred vision, swelling of the lips and tongue, cancer, teratogen.
Found in confectionery (great stuff for kids, now we can give them AD/HD medication to help calm them), lollies, snack foods, cereal, cheese crackers and heaps of other stuff.
Some Dex reactions...
*** Special warning about this medication:
Be aware that one of the inactive ingredients in Dexedrine is a yellow food coloring called tartrazine (Yellow No. 5). In a few people, particularly those who are allergic to aspirin, tartrazine can cause a severe allergic reaction.
Dexedrine may impair judgment or coordination. Do not drive or operate dangerous machinery until you know how you react to the medication.
There is some concern that Dexedrine may stunt a child's growth. For the sake of safety, any child who takes Dexedrine should have his or her growth monitored.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; tightness in the chest; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Very nervous and excitable.
Severe headache.
Chest pain, pressure, or fast heartbeats.
Any rash.
No improvement in condition or feeling worse.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_negati... ***
Funny how the symptoms of side effects are similar to each other, don't you think? And also funny that they can give one chemical (made up of perhaps 50 or more chemicals) and prescribe another medication to clear up their effects. If one gives it some thought.
Ah, the old global pharmaceutical conspiracy. Don't leave out Skull and Bones or the Tri-Lateral Commission.

#11776 Jan 25, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the old global pharmaceutical conspiracy. Don't leave out Skull and Bones or the Tri-Lateral Commission.
***Thalidomide is a drug that is a sedative-hypnotic and multiple myeloma medication. It is also a powerful teratogen that can produce birth defects in animals and humans.

The molecular formula of thalidomide is C13H10N2O4. It IUPAC name is 2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl) isoindoline-1,3-dione.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/factsstructures... ***

Drug maker apologises for thalidomide tragedy | Chemistry World
www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/.../thalidomide-ma... ...
Sep 4, 2012 – Fifty years after the event Grόnenthal issues an apology as victims of the drug continue to press for compensation

#11777 Jan 25, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
***The chicken or the egg causality dilemma is commonly stated as "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" To ancient philosophers, the question about the first chicken or egg also evoked the questions of how life and the universe in general began.[1]

Cultural references to the Chicken and Egg intend to point out the futility of identifying the first case of a circular cause and consequence. It could be considered that in this approach lies the most fundamental nature of the question. A literal answer is somewhat obvious, as egg-laying species pre-date the existence of chickens. However, the metaphorical view sets a metaphysical ground to the dilemma. To better understand its metaphorical meaning, the question could be reformulated as: "Which came first, X that can't come without Y, or Y that can't come without X?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_e... ***

Regardless of the name of the chicken, what ever it is came before the egg.

Proof at last as chicken comes before egg | Herald Sun
www.heraldsun.com.au/...chicken...before-egg/... -...
Apr 20, 2012 – A HEN produced a live chick in a freak birth at a poultry farm in central Sri Lanka, a veterinary surgeon says.
British scientists crack riddle and say chicken came before the egg ...
www.heraldsun.com.au/...chicken...before-the-... -...
Jul 15, 2010 – BRITISH scientists believe they have cracked the answer to the age-old question of which came first, the chicken or the egg....

Proof at last? How much money has been spent on proving what we already knew? Believe they have cracked the answer? LOL... that means they are still wasting money testing their theories, doesn't it? And people are starving.

#11778 Jan 25, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Cancer Viruses
biology.about.com › Education › Biology › Microbiology › Virology
Cancer viruses have the ability to genetically alter cells, causing them to ... their own growth signals, losing sensitivity to anti-growth signals, and losing the ability ... can differ depending on whether the nucleic acid in the virus is DNA or RNA.
DNA and RNA Tumor Viruses
pathmicro.med.sc.edu/lecture/retro.htm
Apr 26, 2010 – To understand how the discovery of anti-oncogenes showed how DNA viruses may cause cancer. CLASSES OF TUMOR VIRUSES. There are ...

Harvard cracks DNA storage, crams 700 terabytes of data into a ...
www.extremetech.com › Computing

Mr Seb

by Mr Seb - in 659 Google+ circles
Aug 17, 2012 – With a virus? with oligonucleotides? with anything useful?.... freely floating out there, it would be A) hard to find, and B) It would get mopped up by the body's antivirus defenses...... They're not altering a person's working DNA...

Health - Carbonated Drinks Can Damage Our Health
clipsaway.blogspot.com › Healthy
Sep 20, 2012 –... a commonly used preservative E211, as laboratory tests have shown that it can switch off vital parts of DNA, causing serious damage to cells

Trust 'em with your DNA? Did you know that they have known for years that they are damaging our DNA? and they still shove E211 in foods and drinks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Message from Nettie (Feb '14) 6 min Sundog512 1,413
No Jew nor Greek in Christ... 21 min God the son 4
Who stole the keys to Heaven? 1 hr Laci Ann 7 273
I AM GOD the son I RULE the SPIRIT REALM 1 hr God the son 9
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 1 hr tahoegirl 2,162
THE LAWS OF GOD WHICH ONES to OBEY? (Jan '14) 1 hr God the son 21
Do You Support Military Action Against ISIS 1 hr Ofo Oao 81
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 2 hr Gillette 3,018
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 2 hr susanblange 971
The Prophet of Jesus Christ 5 hr hmmmmm 15