Will a Christian answer this rationally?

Posted in the Christian Forum

Comments (Page 570)

Showing posts 11,381 - 11,400 of11,461
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Definitely not kosher!
Tickedoffchick wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Ken Ham, the dinosaur man!
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Jeff sticks one up his arse to stop getting pregnant.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what the word "contrapositive" means? It's been used in my explanation of the distinction.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning my dear friend, thank you so much for your comments, I love them all....
Thank you, God bless you in Jesus name.
Kelvo

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God, He was with the Father before the world was even created, He is the Alpha and Omega (Rev 1:8, Rev 1:11, Rev 21:6, 22:13), a few helpful bible verses.......
John 17:5- And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
----------
John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
----------
John 1:14- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
----------
1 John 5:7- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
----------
Colossians 2:9- For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
----------
John 10:28-30
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
----------
1 Timothy 3:16- And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
==========
Im still not sure about that, the bible expresses jesus as the son of God who was sent. Jesus was awoken by God from the graves by the father. I understand that he was there from the beginig and helped create but from what i have read Jesus is the Son. Even he expressed that he will come back in the Glory of God to bring the fathers kingdom. Jesus said the fathers in him and he in the father, He also said that he will sit on the "right hand of the father" when he ressurects to heaven. Also more, with that i personnaly believe as the verses say that he came in the Likeness of God and that he was the Son.
Kelvo

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Anyway it dosent make the bible any less true to the skeptics. Jesus was the truth,the ligit and the only way to the fathers kingdom.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

justawounderin wrote:
Does a rational belief in God have any merit? A belief in God based on reason rather than revelation and involving the view that God has set the universe in motion but does not interfere with how it runs. This is called Deism and was especially influential in the 17th and 18th centuries in the US & UK. It is a perspective based on reason & knowledge as apposed to religious belief from so called ancient sacred text written by people that thought the earth was flat and that stars could fall to earth.
Many of our founding fathers here in America were deists. I think it was James Madison who said that whoever it was that wrote the book of Revelations had to be a raving mad lunatic. Of course I can understand why Madison believed this. It was because he never had a transcendent Holy Spirit experience and therefore he could never stand on just faith alone.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Many of our founding fathers here in America were deists. I think it was James Madison who said that whoever it was that wrote the book of Revelations had to be a raving mad lunatic. Of course I can understand why Madison believed this. It was because he never had a transcendent Holy Spirit experience and therefore he could never stand on just faith alone.
"merely the ravings of a maniac"
-- Thomas Jefferson

"a curious record of the visions of a drug addict"
-- George Bernard Shaw

"Revelation, the insanest of all books"
-- Robert Green Ingersoll

"a series of visions meant to reassure the Christians of Asia"
-- Pope Benedict XVI

"Christ is neither taught nor known in it."
-- Martin Luther

"John Calvin had grave doubts about it's value"
-- John Drane,'Revelation of St John'

"Nothing but a jumbled mess of Hebrew apocalypsis"
-- 15DL
Darius

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

the perfect idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes this stuff is Very interesting.
The Time in the Tomb, which the Catholic Church has Said is from Friday to Sunday, but is in Fact from Wednesday at Sundown to Saturday at Sundown is also something that is Perceivable in the Stars/Planets above our heads.
I suspect it is a conjunction of Venus the 3rd brightest object in the Sky with Jupiter the 4th Brightest object in the Sky.
These 2 objects were together in the Sky as viewed from the Earth, Separated, do to both their and our Orbits, and Came back together.
It may also be that at the former Venus and Jupiter was followed 3 days latter by Venus and, Saturn or Mars in conjunction creating a Star many Magnitudes greater then Venus.
It is really said that most of the Christian and the Abraham Faiths are still in the Dark Ages, concerning matters such as these, for if the Study of the Stars/Planets was made, it would be relatively easy to find when these things happened.
We even have Clues such as when Jesus was on the Cross the Earth was Darkened from 3-6pm, and we Know it was a Full Moon when Jesus was Crucified, so the next available Star/Planet that could be darkened would be Jupiter, and this is easy to find. The Moons of Jupiter OFTEN eclipse Jupiter for 3 hours, but only in small areas of the Earth.
Anyway this Dogma that it was/is Supernatural GOD did it, is not complete because the Stars/Planets themselves can be placed into these times and seasons of the Bible.
People do not want to hear that the Star of Bethlehem was actually Venus and probably Jupiter coming to a point in the Sky that together they were as bright as the Moon or Brighter.
Lest we Forget the Brightest objects in the Sky are?
The Sun
The Moon
Venus
Jupiter
Saturn
Mars
Mercury or Perhaps the ISS
What is the message?
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Only to accommodate yourself and your abilities;
***Perhaps no phrase in Scripture has been so controversial as the phrase, "the four corners of the earth." The word translated “corners,” as in the phrase above, is the Hebrew word, KANAPH. Kanaph is translated in a variety of ways. However, it generally means extremity.
It is translated “borders” in Numbers 15:38. In Ezekiel 7:2 it is translated “four corners” and again in Isaiah 11:12 “four corners.” Job 37:3 and 38:13 as “ends.”
The Greek equivalent in Revelation 7:1 is gonia. The Greek meaning is perhaps more closely related to our modern divisions known as quadrants. Gonia literally means angles, or divisions. It is customary to divide a map into quadrants as shown by the four directions.
Some have tried to ridicule the Bible to say that it teaches that the earth is square. The Scripture makes it quite clear that the earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22).
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c0... ***
Oofah! Thats a load of Apologetics...a 5 gal buckets worth and then some...

Nah, no sphere as we know them to be shaped. This retro fitting of knowledge and terminology usage always makes Theists look silly...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Many of our founding fathers here in America were deists. I think it was James Madison who said that whoever it was that wrote the book of Revelations had to be a raving mad lunatic. Of course I can understand why Madison believed this. It was because he never had a transcendent Holy Spirit experience and therefore he could never stand on just faith alone.
We can always count on a Xtian to try and take the faith away from another one.

On what possible basis would you say this about Madison?
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted
*** NASA is partnering with a commercial space company in a bid to replace the cumbersome "metal cans" that now serve as astronauts' homes in space with inflatable bounce-house-like habitats that can be deployed on the cheap.
A $17.8 million test project will send to the International Space Station an inflatable room that can be compressed into a 7-foot tube for delivery, officials said Wednesday in a news conference at North Las Vegas-based Bigelow Aerospace.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/sp... ***
$17.8 million labelled on the cheap!! Let us Pay.....
WTF does NASA have to do with the topic..?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, no sphere as we know them to be shaped. This retro fitting of knowledge and terminology usage always makes Theists look silly...
Nobody is really stupid enough to believe Methuselah live 969 years.
Or are they?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fireflyfan/57079...
Darius

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>We can always count on a Xtian to try and take the faith away from another one.
On what possible basis would you say this about Madison?
Thanks for pointing out my error. It was Dolly Madison that said it, not James. lol

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is really stupid enough to believe Methuselah live 969 years.
Or are they?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fireflyfan/57079...
He wasn’t the only one to live an unbelievably long life;

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/methusela_liv...
LowellGuy

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already explained it. Do you know what the word "contrapositive" means? It's been used in my explanation of the distinction. Clearly, you've either ignored that or not comprehended it.
It appears that answering my question has led Jeff to take a sabbatical. Hopefully he will find his way back, wiser.
LowellGuy

Carlstadt, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that answering my question has led Jeff to take a sabbatical. Hopefully he will find his way back, wiser.
Tick, tock...

“Details of your incompetence ”

Since: Sep 10

"do not interest me"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Wow!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. But, juries don't determine INNOCENCE, do they? No, they don't. Juries determine "guilty" or "not guilty." What's the difference?
Innocent means you have not committed what ever it is that you may be accused of, and not guilty means there is no proof that you did commit the crime, to the degree that you are judged.

Perhaps GOD judges many as not guilty, rather than innocent, and then again, perhaps not :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
So does science when it tries to convince us that we all evolved (eventually) from either rocks, sea organisms or space dust or ice.

A theory of a big bang...... and they keep on fitting the pieces to the jigsaw, and when they get it wrong, simply say, that's what science is, experimenting, getting it wrong, changing their minds and going off on a new tangent.

And they have recorded evidence of all their stupid mistakes, and so do we.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

The scientific method is able to take new evidence on board whenever it is discovered. That's why the scientific method is so successful.

Religion has no reliable feedback mechanism. The religious ignore evidence. That's why religion is bollocks.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>So does science when it tries to convince us that we all evolved (eventually) from either rocks, sea organisms or space dust or ice.
A theory of a big bang...... and they keep on fitting the pieces to the jigsaw, and when they get it wrong, simply say, that's what science is, experimenting, getting it wrong, changing their minds and going off on a new tangent.
And they have recorded evidence of all their stupid mistakes, and so do we.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 11,381 - 11,400 of11,461
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 6 min FSM 7,524
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 38 min Gary Coaldigger 935
Is Jesus Christ a Muslim according to the Arabi... (Feb '13) 43 min trueislamic 15
At what point during a job interview... 1 hr Nc resident 90
The Law HYPOCRITES 2 hr dollarsbill 601
The King James Bible Still Remains 2 hr Prince of Darkness 577
Dollarsbill Is Still Quick To Condemn 2 hr Prince of Darkness 839
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••