Will a Christian answer this rational...

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#11720 Jan 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And interpretation of same? That's why Jurors discuss and debate the trials they sit on, because some things are just not that cut and dried!! And of course, some times there are re-trials, because they got it wrong!! Never heard of them, I suppose??
I was asking Jeff, but since you stuck your snoot in it, do YOU understand the difference between "not guilty" and "innocent?" Why do juries decide "guilty" or "not guilty," instead of "guilty" or "innocent?" Take a wild stab in the dark. See what you end up with. Basic critical thinking skills are all you need to answer the question. So far, Jeff has systematically avoided the question, to the point of even deleting it from his response posts. Do you have the spine to answer the question?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#11721 Jan 17, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you make of Gen 1:26--"Then God said,“Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;.."
If God is only one why does God say it is "Us" and "Our" in this verse?
They all simply overlook the Angels; I guess it is easier for them LOL

GOD also told them to go forth and multiply;

***27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.***

And yet we know that Adam and Eve lived in Paradise; Cain built a City and many more references to many more people populating the Earth, simply ignored. However, many do blame GOD (even though they do not believe or know HIM) for letting people starve, or be without shelter.

*** NASA is partnering with a commercial space company in a bid to replace the cumbersome "metal cans" that now serve as astronauts' homes in space with inflatable bounce-house-like habitats that can be deployed on the cheap.

A $17.8 million test project will send to the International Space Station an inflatable room that can be compressed into a 7-foot tube for delivery, officials said Wednesday in a news conference at North Las Vegas-based Bigelow Aerospace.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/sp... ***

$17.8 million labelled on the cheap!! Let us Pay.....

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11722 Jan 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Only to accommodate yourself and your abilities;
***Perhaps no phrase in Scripture has been so controversial as the phrase, "the four corners of the earth." The word translated “corners,” as in the phrase above, is the Hebrew word, KANAPH. Kanaph is translated in a variety of ways. However, it generally means extremity.
It is translated “borders” in Numbers 15:38. In Ezekiel 7:2 it is translated “four corners” and again in Isaiah 11:12 “four corners.” Job 37:3 and 38:13 as “ends.”
The Greek equivalent in Revelation 7:1 is gonia. The Greek meaning is perhaps more closely related to our modern divisions known as quadrants. Gonia literally means angles, or divisions. It is customary to divide a map into quadrants as shown by the four directions.
Some have tried to ridicule the Bible to say that it teaches that the earth is square. The Scripture makes it quite clear that the earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22).
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c0... ***
Not a sphere; a disk. Apologists have a vested interest in distorting the facts to suit their purposes. Biblical scholars do not. What do Biblical scholars say?

#11723 Jan 17, 2013
Suzy Q wrote:
<quoted text>
I already did, your christian mind must have blocked them out..There are a bunch of miracles in the Koran listed in this link..I already said your miracles in the Bible are as believable as the ones in the Koran, doesn't this make you happy?
-------
The claimed miracles in the Qur'an can be classified into three distinct categories: inimitability, scientific miracles and prophecies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an_miracle...
***Question: "What is Islam, and what do Muslims believe?"

Answer: Islam is a religious system begun in the seventh century by Muhammad. Muslims follow the teachings of the Qur’an and strive to keep the Five Pillars.

The History of Islam
In the seventh century, Muhammad claimed the angel Gabriel visited him. During these angelic visitations, which continued for about 23 years until Muhammad's death, the angel purportedly revealed to Muhammad the words of Allah (the Arabic word for “God” used by Muslims). These dictated revelations compose the Qur'an, Islam's holy book. Islam means “submission,” deriving from a root word that means “peace.” The word Muslim means “one who submits to Allah.”

The Doctrine of Islam
Muslims summarize their doctrine in six articles of faith:
1. Belief in one Allah: Muslims believe Allah is one, eternal, creator, and sovereign.
2. Belief in the angels
3. Belief in the prophets: The prophets include the biblical prophets but end with Muhammad as Allah’s final prophet.
4. Belief in the revelations of Allah: Muslims accept certain portions of the Bible, such as the Torah and the Gospels. They believe the Qur'an is the preexistent, perfect word of Allah.
5. Belief in the last day of judgment and the hereafter: Everyone will be resurrected for judgment into either paradise or hell.
6. Belief in predestination: Muslims believe Allah has decreed everything that will happen. Muslims testify to Allah’s sovereignty with their frequent phrase, inshallah, meaning,“if God wills.”

http://www.gotquestions.org/Islam.html ***

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11724 Jan 17, 2013
Jeff, what is the difference between "not guilty" and "innocent?" Why do you refuse to answer this simple question? Do you understand the difference or don't you? Are you merely ignorant, or are you dishonest?

#11725 Jan 17, 2013
Suzy Q wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement "There are no miracles in the Koran" is worthless with out proof..I'm waiting..
One would think the Angel Gabriel having a Spiritual conversation with Muhammad might be miraculous in itself!?

***Muslim version of their own history. Islam, began in Mecca, claimed to be the revelation of God (Allah) through the angel Gabriel to a man named Muhammad.

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-history.htm ***

#11726 Jan 17, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking Jeff, but since you stuck your snoot in it, do YOU understand the difference between "not guilty" and "innocent?" Why do juries decide "guilty" or "not guilty," instead of "guilty" or "innocent?" Take a wild stab in the dark. See what you end up with. Basic critical thinking skills are all you need to answer the question. So far, Jeff has systematically avoided the question, to the point of even deleting it from his response posts. Do you have the spine to answer the question?
***Innocent until proven guilty - Legal Dictionary - The Free Dictionary
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Innoce...
Nevertheless, the presumption of innocence is essential to the criminal process. The mere mention of the phrase presumed innocent keeps judges and juries***

Innocent means without guilt, in some cases, but in others, it means innocent until proven guilty!! A variety of meanings, perhaps...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11727 Jan 17, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
Jeff, what is the difference between "not guilty" and "innocent?" Why do you refuse to answer this simple question? Do you understand the difference or don't you? Are you merely ignorant, or are you dishonest?
I'm merely ignorant. Now answer it.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11728 Jan 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevertheless, the presumption of innocence is essential to the criminal process. The mere mention of the phrase presumed innocent keeps judges and juries***
Innocent means without guilt, in some cases, but in others, it means innocent until proven guilty!! A variety of meanings, perhaps...
Good answer. Not sure what it has to do with anything. I'm sure Lowell will come back with some crackpot idea.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11729 Jan 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. But, juries don't determine INNOCENCE, do they? No, they don't. Juries determine "guilty" or "not guilty." What's the difference?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11730 Jan 17, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm merely ignorant. Now answer it.
I've already explained it. Do you know what the word "contrapositive" means? It's been used in my explanation of the distinction. Clearly, you've either ignored that or not comprehended it.
Suzy Q

San Diego, CA

#11731 Jan 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>One would think the Angel Gabriel having a Spiritual conversation with Muhammad might be miraculous in itself!?
***Muslim version of their own history. Islam, began in Mecca, claimed to be the revelation of God (Allah) through the angel Gabriel to a man named Muhammad.
http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-history.htm ***
www.bible.ca .. no thanks LOL
Suzy Q

San Diego, CA

#11732 Jan 17, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Just tell me one miracle that the Koran says Mohamed did?
Their ya be. A video telling of the miracles and a reading site. I believe the miracles in your book are as credible as yours though..GMP

http://www.sunnah.org/history/miracles_of_Pro...
Kelvo

Europe

#11733 Jan 17, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you make of Gen 1:26--"Then God said,“Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;.."
If God is only one why does God say it is "Us" and "Our" in this verse?
Im sorry jeff i have to disagree with you on this one. God is only one God, no other like him. Jesus even expresses this by sayin "no one is good but God". Jesus is the Son of God who is above every angel and sitteth at the right hand of the father.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#11734 Jan 18, 2013
Kelvo wrote:
<quoted text>Im sorry jeff i have to disagree with you on this one. God is only one God, no other like him. Jesus even expresses this by sayin "no one is good but God". Jesus is the Son of God who is above every angel and sitteth at the right hand of the father.
Jesus is God, He was with the Father before the world was even created, He is the Alpha and Omega (Rev 1:8, Rev 1:11, Rev 21:6, 22:13), a few helpful bible verses.......

John 17:5- And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
----------
John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
----------
John 1:14- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
----------
1 John 5:7- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
----------
Colossians 2:9- For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
----------
John 10:28-30
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

----------
1 Timothy 3:16- And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
==========

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#11735 Jan 18, 2013
Here is a link to better explain the Triune Godhead:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Godhead.html

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#11736 Jan 18, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
Good morning my dear friend, thank you so much for your comments, I love them all....
Tickedoffchick

Enfield, CT

#11737 Jan 18, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
LOL!!! Ken Ham, the dinosaur man!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11738 Jan 18, 2013
Definitely not kosher!
Tickedoffchick wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Ken Ham, the dinosaur man!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11739 Jan 18, 2013
Jeff sticks one up his arse to stop getting pregnant.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what the word "contrapositive" means? It's been used in my explanation of the distinction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Intelligent People Question Everything (Sep '16) 48 min Blacklagoon 2,557
No One Needs Moral Standards From God 1 hr Blacklagoon 35
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Cats paw 21,201
Can Someone Please Explain Luke 17:34 for me? (May '10) 2 hr Hamilton Square 79
Predestination, All Things are Determined by God 2 hr Hamilton Square 90
The Tzniut, Wives and Head Coverings 2 hr Hamilton Square 13
Forum has gone to the dogs 2 hr Cats paw 210
Science And Discoveries To The Rescue 3 hr Cats paw 118
What laws and teachings fall under the new cove... (Sep '15) 3 hr Cats paw 107
More from around the web