Will a Christian answer this rational...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11560 Jan 15, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
Jeff, you have yet to say whether you understand the difference between "not guilty" and "innocent." Do you understand the difference or not? Why do you avoid this simple question?
I understand the difference. What's the point?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#11561 Jan 15, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Knowing there is an afterlife makes this life even more meaningful. Jesus Himself taught that even something as giving someone a cup of water in His name will not lose their reward.
Jesus, Who rose from the dead, certainly taught that there is an afterlife.
Believing in an afterlife does not make one irrational. Its irrational not to believe so.
Sorry, even if there was/is/never going to be an afterlife, this life is still worth living and if you are only living because of some idea you after.....well, you truly might be in for a bit of a disappointment.

Jesus did not rise from the dead and there is no REAL OR PHYSICAL evidence that will provide evidence to back up your claim.......and don't try and use the bible for your defense......it ain't working!!!

Is that sort of like seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing?

#11562 Jan 15, 2013
So, here is a thought provoking question:
Did God create man? or did Man create God?

I'm pretty sure I already know Jeff's response.......but maybe someone else can give some thoughts on this!!!!

Thanks!!!

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11563 Jan 15, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So far Christianity has a 2000 year record and is still thriving. Can't say that about atheism or skepticism. Where these things exist there is no thriving.
Really? Man has not always worshiped god/gods, so no you are wrong again

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#11564 Jan 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
I'm pretty sure I already know Jeff's response.......but maybe someone else can give some thoughts on this!!!!
Thanks!!!
FSM, says it all
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11565 Jan 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, even if there was/is/never going to be an afterlife, this life is still worth living and if you are only living because of some idea you after.....well, you truly might be in for a bit of a disappointment.
Jesus did not rise from the dead and there is no REAL OR PHYSICAL evidence that will provide evidence to back up your claim.......and don't try and use the bible for your defense......it ain't working!!!
Is that sort of like seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing?
Let me show you what Scripture says in regards to Christ rising from the dead:
"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also."
I Corinthians 15:3-7

James was not a follower while He lived and Paul was an enemy of the church who sought to destroy it. The only explanation why they changed is that "He appeared to them".

Let me tell you: if someone can rise from the dead and say there is life after death then this is a powerful reason to believe it is considering not only did He rise again but He was a man of the highest integrity.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11566 Jan 15, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Man has not always worshiped god/gods, so no you are wrong again
There is no culture where we don't see some kind of worship of deity.
one hung low

Dyer, IN

#11567 Jan 15, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about your Christian/Muslim/Jewish god correct?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11568 Jan 15, 2013
one hung low wrote:
<quoted text>We are talking about your Christian/Muslim/Jewish god correct?
No.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11569 Jan 15, 2013
ramen.
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>FSM, says it all

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

United States

#11570 Jan 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Thanks!!!
Man created the God concept to help them understand the age old question of where we come from and what the hell is all this about.
We still don't the answer to that question, but there are many belief systems that suggest an answer that is still unanswerable.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#11571 Jan 15, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Non believers have been around, well, as long as mankind. Now back to your Christian/jewish/muslim god. 2000, 3000 years really? Shoot the Egyptians and greeks all have gods older than that, not to mention the Drewids. Go no your god is a Jonny come lately.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#11572 Jan 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
ramen.
<quoted text>
May his noodleness bless you with his only begotten son, MeatBall.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#11573 Jan 15, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also."
James was not a follower while He lived and Paul was an enemy of the church who sought to destroy it. The only explanation why they changed is that "He appeared to them".
Let me tell you: if someone can rise from the dead and say there is life after death then this is a powerful reason to believe it is considering not only did He rise again but He was a man of the highest integrity.
Still quoting from your silly book I see. You do understand that its a fictional account of a non existant god don't you?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11574 Jan 15, 2013
And may the IPU bless you and yours [mhhnbs]
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>May his noodleness bless you with his only begotten son, MeatBall.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11575 Jan 15, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Still quoting from your silly book I see. You do understand that its a fictional account of a non existant god don't you?
What scholar calls the New Testament a fiction? Remember: just because you don't understand these things does not make it a fiction. Don't be silly.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#11577 Jan 15, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What scholar calls the New Testament a fiction? Remember: just because you don't understand these things does not make it a fiction. Don't be silly.
LOL, just because I don't believe your book of 1000 lies, does not mean that I don't have a clear understanding. Now tell me what scholars call the bible non fiction, other than bible scholars. Surly you jest.

#11576 Jan 15, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the scriptures, you gave them last night.....and last night you said 1 Corinthians 15:3-8, now it's 3-7 and instead of using something from Mark, Luke, John or Matthew.....you put out crap from Paul.......and they can't be considered accurate, so is there some OTHER evidence you would like to submit beside the bible?

#11578 Jan 15, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Man created the God concept to help them understand the age old question of where we come from and what the hell is all this about.
We still don't the answer to that question, but there are many belief systems that suggest an answer that is still unanswerable.
I appreciate your response......I think this is a question that has many different approaches to answering it:-)
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11579 Jan 15, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, just because I don't believe your book of 1000 lies, does not mean that I don't have a clear understanding. Now tell me what scholars call the bible non fiction, other than bible scholars. Surly you jest.
No jesting. Show one scholar in the field that calls this a fiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flesh Eating Sex Demons Speak Out of My Mouth a... 2 min ROG 2
Public Bus Drivers Give Preferred Treatment to ... 2 min ROG 2
DID DOLLARSBILL HAVE a STROKE and DIE? 9 min ROG 137
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 14 min ROG 873
++++++++++ THE BoRN AGAIN LIARS ++++++++++ (Nov '13) 58 min Myself 32
++++++++++ TRUE PROPHET of GOD ++++++++++ (Dec '13) 1 hr Myself 49
Bad Experiences When Praying (Jan '11) 1 hr Myself 66
Prayer is WORTHLESS, and I can prove it (Dec '08) 1 hr dollarsbill 2,738
The end times started when Jesus walked this ea... 17 hr dollarsbill 133
More from around the web