Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#11397 Jan 13, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's clever!
Or stolen from a brilliant person which could be flattering..or mocking...hhhmmmmm time will tell.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#11398 Jan 13, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Circles are round......Spheres are not because they are a 3D object, where a circle is only a 2D object!!!
And you are comparing something that was written nearly 6,000 years ago to the language of today! Get a grip, do you really think they talked about 2D and 3D back then??

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#11399 Jan 13, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean there was no ark and Jeff is full of bullshit?
Something along those lines!
Think so

San Diego, CA

#11400 Jan 13, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean the “image of God is love?”
You're the one that said the image of God is love, not me. Are you questioning it now??? Here's what you said again trying prove your God is the only one of thousands that has made an appearance showing it is the only true God..
____

The image of God has to do with man possessing the communicable attributes of God such as life, personality, truth, wisdom,>> love, << holiness and justice to name a few.
_____
Think so

San Diego, CA

#11401 Jan 13, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>Just because men wrote the Bible does not mean that God did not use men to write it.
The same thing applies with the Koran. Just because men wrote the Koran does not mean Allah did not use men to write it.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#11402 Jan 13, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets apply it to atheism. Atheism is making an implicit claim that God does not exist. It is not merely lack of belief in God. You need to present evidence for this claim. You have continually asserted (never proved) that God does not exist. Where is your evidence?
I have asserted that God does not exist? Where? What I do assert is that I do not accept your claim that God does exist because there is insufficient evidence to support that claim. My dismissal of your claim is not an assertion of the contrapositive. Just because the jury says "not guilty" doesn't mean they're saying "innocent." Do you understand the difference? If you do, then stop acting as though you don't.
Jeff wrote:
Remember: without God you have to support all kinds of outlandish claims such as the origin of life, the origin of DNA, consciousnesses and intelligence to name a few things you need account for.
That's the argument from ignorance. "Unless you can come up with another explanation, my explanation wins by default." That's not how it works, pal. Your claim isn't the default. Your claim is a claim, just like any other, and it must be supported with evidence. Even if we had no other explanations for anything in the natural world, that doesn't automatically make "God did it" the default explanation. Evidence, evidence, evidence. That's the only thing that proves a claim true, not failure to disprove the claim. Otherwise, by your logic, bigfoot MUST exist, because nobody's proven it doesn't exist. By that same logic, space aliens MUST be controlling our thoughts, because nobody's proven they aren't. You don't get to make shit up and expect it to be accepted until proven false; your claim is just like any other, and must be proven true before it's to be accepted, just like any other. YOUR GOD CLAIMS AREN'T SPECIAL.
Jeff wrote:
Ball is in your court. Please don't disappoint me like you did last time. It was pathetic.
Who's the disappointment? I've made my point quite clearly, as have you. I say there is no evidence for your God. You present no evidence for your God, which means you agree, yet you claim there is such evidence. Either present this evidence (arguments from popularity/ignorance/increduli ty and other logical fallacies are NOT evidence) or stop claiming there is evidence. The ninth commandment still applies if you think your God exists. Or, do you just not follow any of that Old Testament stuff, because Jesus changed all the laws?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11403 Jan 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And you are comparing something that was written nearly 6,000 years ago to the language of today! Get a grip, do you really think they talked about 2D and 3D back then??
The people who wrote the OT had words for ball (3D) and circle (2D). They used the word for circle. If ball would be accurate and circle would not be accurate, they would have used that word, wouldn't you say? Or, do you think they were inspired by God to use words that were confusing and contradictory to demonstrable reality to represent that reality? Why not just use the word that means exactly what you seem to think they really meant? Is the Earth a ball or a circle? Is it spherical or disk-shaped? It can only be one. Which is it? Do you know ANYTHING about the Bible?
Kelvo

United States

#11404 Jan 13, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that would be your answer, your god could fornicate with your mother and then kill her and that would be just fine by you. I don't mean that as any disrepect to your mother, only to show the kind of mindset you fundies have when it comes to the atrocities attributed to the biblical god. The yarn about over 50,000 people being killed for looking into the ark is just ridiculous. Imagine climbing over thousands of bodies to peek into the ark when you knew that every body you climbed over was dead because they looked into the ark.
Then you have poor old Uzzah, killed by god because he reached out and touched the ark to steady it and stop it from falling when the ox stumbled.
This of course raises the question. How did they get the ark on to the cart in the first place without touching it and risk death? Ridiculous stories, ridiculous beliefs!
What you dont understand is man don't desirve life. Sin was enterd into every man by adam and we didint deserve life,God regreted his creation as the testements said. Your given the chance by God to be revived by Jesus christ yet he is evil. MAN is evil everything about man is evil, to the point that only innocent blood could revive us. God gave his Son to die and shed the blood for man. You despise Christ because of your evil ways.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11405 Jan 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You don't get it do you? GOD needed someone with such strong faith that he would go the the Pharaohs and demand them to release the Children of GOD. If one had half baked beliefs, would he for one, have had the courage to go, and for two, pull it off?
And, God was just testing the 9/11 hijackers. Of course, God didn't actually tell them to stop. But, now they're in paradise with their virgins.

But, more to the point, if I convinced somebody to kill their child, no matter the underlying motive, I would be labeled (rightly) a monster. Meanwhile, when your God convinces somebody to kill their child, you make excuses for it. An atrocious act is an atrocious act no matter who the perpetrator is.
Serah wrote:
Nah, he wouldn't have. And if you doubt about Abraham, why did they stop building Pyramids? They have said Pyramids will outlast man(kind) and yet we know longer build them. Surely you have questioned whey they are no longer being built?!
Wow. I didn't know you were THIS stupid. Yes, the movie version of The Ten Commandments is not only biblically accurate, but historically accurate, in the same way the movie version of Star Wars is not only accurate to the books but also historically. I'm sorry, but you've got some serious research ahead of you before you're anywhere near qualified to talk about the Bible OR history.
Serah wrote:
But if you have doubts about Abraham's Faith and having courage to go to the Pharaoh, just think about being stoned to death. And if you have doubts whether Abraham was justified in thinking he would have been stoned to death going to the Pharaoh and telling him to release the Children of GOD, Google stonings of today. That should let you know it was not a figment of an old imagination, unless you think yourself are imagining that which happens today.
Your God COMMANDED people to be stoned to death, so EVERYBODY in that society thought about it at some point. It's only backwards savage peoples who still practice such things. It's nice to know that you recognize your God's command as uncivilized and wrong. Now, just let that same critical viewpoint of your God spread to everything else in the Bible.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11406 Jan 13, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
When God takes the life of a man, it is not murder. To look into the ark was forbidden and it was a sign of disrespect. The actually desecrated the ark by opening it and the way it was transported. The Mosaic law was very specific how this was to be done.
Actually, it's believed the ark was built to be easily dismantled so it could be transported through narrow tunnels. So, there would be no "into the ark" because the ark wouldn't be the ark, but merely components. And, as the ark was being reassembled, it would be impossible to avoid looking "into the ark," so I'm afraid you're either implying there's some magical moment when looking at the inside parts of the ark is bad, or you simply don't understand what you're talking about.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11407 Jan 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You need to understand the man(kind) concept written in that which is Prophesied by GOD; Thou shalt not Kill. GOD gave us 10 Statutes, and killing is one of them. Why would GOD write against HIMSELF when HE gives only 10 Statutes? Doesn't make sense, really, do you think?
I'm sure we ALL agree that the Bible doesn't make sense.
Kelvo

United States

#11408 Jan 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who wrote the OT had words for ball (3D) and circle (2D). They used the word for circle. If ball would be accurate and circle would not be accurate, they would have used that word, wouldn't you say? Or, do you think they were inspired by God to use words that were confusing and contradictory to demonstrable reality to represent that reality? Why not just use the word that means exactly what you seem to think they really meant? Is the Earth a ball or a circle? Is it spherical or disk-shaped? It can only be one. Which is it? Do you know ANYTHING about the Bible?
Where is the proof for this fact? Job was the oldest writen book in the bible and from what i now one of the oldest writen scriptures. I need proof the word for a sphere(though it wont change the truth) was in the hebrew languege at that certain time. See if it was or if it was clearly stated by Job the earth was flat,it would be a proven fact that the bible thought the earth was fact. Im geussing you agree Job was correct when he said the earth hangs still in the heavens, with that fact you have to even out wether Job was right on his writings or totaly wrong. What im saying is you have to give a strength full reason why Job was wrong.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11409 Jan 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's believed the ark was built to be easily dismantled so it could be transported through narrow tunnels. So, there would be no "into the ark" because the ark wouldn't be the ark, but merely components. And, as the ark was being reassembled, it would be impossible to avoid looking "into the ark," so I'm afraid you're either implying there's some magical moment when looking at the inside parts of the ark is bad, or you simply don't understand what you're talking about.
Where do get this stuff--"it's believed the ark was built to be easily dismantled so it could be transported through narrow tunnels"???
LowellGuy

Long Island City, NY

#11410 Jan 13, 2013
Kelvo wrote:
<quoted text>What you dont understand is man don't desirve life. Sin was enterd into every man by adam and we didint deserve life,God regreted his creation as the testements said. Your given the chance by God to be revived by Jesus christ yet he is evil. MAN is evil everything about man is evil, to the point that only innocent blood could revive us. God gave his Son to die and shed the blood for man. You despise Christ because of your evil ways.
If God regretted his creation, did he know in advance what people would end up doing? If so, he got exactly the results he expected. Was he powerless to create man? If he regretted his choice, then there must have been an alternative that would not have disappointed bin. I mean, an omnipotent being surely would have had better options. So, it appears your God's decision was other than perfect. How unfortunate that your God is fallible. What other errors has your God committed?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11411 Jan 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure we ALL agree that the Bible doesn't make sense.
No. We ALL agree that the YOU doesn't make sense
LowellGuy

Long Island City, NY

#11412 Jan 13, 2013
Kelvo wrote:
<quoted text> Where is the proof for this fact? Job was the oldest writen book in the bible and from what i now one of the oldest writen scriptures. I need proof the word for a sphere(though it wont change the truth) was in the hebrew languege at that certain time. See if it was or if it was clearly stated by Job the earth was flat,it would be a proven fact that the bible thought the earth was fact. Im geussing you agree Job was correct when he said the earth hangs still in the heavens, with that fact you have to even out wether Job was right on his writings or totaly wrong. What im saying is you have to give a strength full reason why Job was wrong.
Look, you don't need to convince me. I already accept that you know nothing about the Bible!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11413 Jan 13, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you given your credentials? I don't remember seeing where you theology studies were done at.....but yet you claim that you have a better understanding than someone else......interesting. I guess if you look here you might find what you are looking for:
http://www.evilbible.com/about_evil_bible.htm
This was the site I used in the first half of my post:
http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/...
Here is the link about this organization:
http://ffrf.org/about
I'm certain with your Biblical Scholastic behind you, along with your formal degrees that they will take what you say and use it.
Look, I've got 3 degrees under me......my last is in Education and is my Masters and I have lots of common sense, but unlike you, I don't call every website as garbage and trust me, there are plenty.......and ones I won't even look at, but there are many I do feel are good enough to use.....like these ones:
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
http://www.religioustolerance.org/aboutus.htm
http://www.gaychristian101.com/index.html
I checked those other websites and I didn't see anyone claiming to be a biblical scholar. Maybe I missed it. If so, show me. Why would you trust these sites that have no expertise in this area?
Yes, these are trash sites.
Just because you have degrees doesn't mean you understand the Bible and its message. No insult intended but your comments about it don't reflect a very deep understanding of it. Your not the only one who has this problem either. All the skeptics-atheists-agnostics suffer from this problem.
Roy

San Jose, CA

#11414 Jan 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"If God regretted his creation, did he know in advance what people would end up doing?"

YES

"If so, he got exactly the results he expected. Was he powerless to create man?"

NO

"If he regretted his choice, then there must have been an alternative that would not have disappointed bin."

MAYBE

"I mean, an omnipotent being surely would have had better options. So, it appears your God's decision was other than perfect."

NO
"How unfortunate that your God is fallible. What other errors has your God committed?
"

WRONG

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11415 Jan 13, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
When God takes the life of a man, it is not murder. To look into the ark was forbidden and it was a sign of disrespect. The actually desecrated the ark by opening it and the way it was transported. The Mosaic law was very specific how this was to be done.
Well then, how can Jesus be God in the flesh?
Jesus taught differently.

Fact is, those stories, or at least some of them, in the OT, had the purpose of giving the Jewish people a history.
I have read that perhaps in order for a religion to thrive that those brutal killings were necessary.
Then too, there have been many brutal killings and forced conversions in order for Christianity to grow and spread.

From what I have gathered so far, the religion of Christianity grew using some of these same brutal methods in the OT.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11416 Jan 13, 2013
Kelvo wrote:
<quoted text>What you dont understand is man don't desirve life. Sin was enterd into every man by adam and we didint deserve life,God regreted his creation as the testements said. Your given the chance by God to be revived by Jesus christ yet he is evil. MAN is evil everything about man is evil, to the point that only innocent blood could revive us. God gave his Son to die and shed the blood for man. You despise Christ because of your evil ways.
Yeah, right.....
God created us because we didn't deserve it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution or Devolution. 55 min Thinking 33
Why would God not tell the Jews about hell or t... 59 min Thinking 569
God our Father 2 hr Son of God 1
Islam is a LIE 3 hr Mr Ironhart 56
dollarsbill vs an athiest 3 hr Mr Ironhart 304
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 3 hr FSM 987
Who stole the keys to Heaven? 3 hr FSM 327
A Message from Nettie (Feb '14) 4 hr Huntington Guy 1,426
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 8 hr 15th Dalai Lama 3,031
•••