Will a Christian answer this rational...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#10583 Dec 30, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
A story that includes someone dying, being put in a crypt, and they rise 3 days later. Fiction. Next.
The resurrection of Christ is one of the best attested facts of ancient history. Next.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#10584 Dec 30, 2012
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Jesus didn't agree with mixing business/government with religion. That was only one scene. Do you think that means Jesus was violent? I don't.
The irony is most of you "born again" Christians support wars of aggression, and all the drone strikes we're now doing. These kill countless numbers of innocent civilians and children/babies. This is being done in your name. Yet, not a peep out of the Christians.
Help me out: Where did our govt say that any wars that we have fought since this country was founded was fought for Christianity? Show us one official document from the US govt that shows this.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#10585 Dec 30, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do deist debate about deism??????????
Unless thought is valid we have no reason to believe in the real universe.
Author: C.S. Lewis
Presuppositionalism can suck it.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#10586 Dec 30, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The resurrection of Christ is one of the best attested facts of ancient history. Next.
Oh, wow! Then, you must have a bunch of evidence to support the Bible story. I can't wait to see the evidence that you've got that shows you the Bible's zombie story is true. Let us know where it is any old time. You'll be the first person on the planet to do so.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#10587 Dec 30, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If Punisher took the words of Jesus seriously he would be a Christian.
If Punisher took the words of Jesus seriously he would be a Jew.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#10588 Dec 30, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, wow! Then, you must have a bunch of evidence to support the Bible story. I can't wait to see the evidence that you've got that shows you the Bible's zombie story is true. Let us know where it is any old time. You'll be the first person on the planet to do so.
Great. Finally an atheist-skeptic is going to examine the evidence with an unbiased mind-set. Read the 4 gospel accounts that deal with the resurrection and I Cor 15:1-8. Enjoy.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#10589 Dec 30, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
If Punisher took the words of Jesus seriously he would be a Jew.
No. Jesus called people to put their faith in Him and not Judaism. Jesus never commanded anyone to be circumcised.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#10590 Dec 30, 2012
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read the New Testament Words of Jesus, talk about a Hellfire and Damnation preacher! You want us Christians to let you devils run all over us and act like cowards......sorry our Lord and Savior is no weakling coward.
And what did your Jesus do when they condemned him to die? Call down his holy angels to smite, smote, kill, torture and wreak holy vengeance to save him (as orgasmically satisfying as that must seem to "Christians" like you)?

No, he "resisted not evil" walked up Calvary hill bravely. A powerful message in that for you and your ilk, right?

You think Jesus wanted you to 'act like a coward" by not resisting evil, by returning good for evil, by turning the other cheek"? Are you NUTS?

Did Dr. Martin Luther King "'act like a coward"? Did Mahatma Ghandi?

Your Lord and Saviour taught you and his other disciples in EXPLICIT DETAIL how he wanted you to behave. What is COWARDLY is your absolute refusal to obey Jesus because it would mean letting go of your hatred and bile -- things I assure you you will never take into heaven with you.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#10591 Dec 30, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If Punisher took the words of Jesus seriously he would be a Christian.
So would YOU, in fact. When WILL you?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#10592 Dec 30, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your religious tract, the Bible, unfortunately. And by people who mostly copied the story from the original gospel.

If you call that a "best attested fact of history," you are really detached from reality.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#10593 Dec 30, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Help me out: Where did our govt say that any wars that we have fought since this country was founded was fought for Christianity? Show us one official document from the US govt that shows this.
Your silly, shallow legalism is showing again. Just like the BS about "show me where the Bible actually says 'the earth is flat.'"

The wars were not fought FOR Christianity, but rather enthusiastically BY Christians, often for their religious ends. The mass extermination of the Native Americans in the 19th century was largely done by Christian Americans and for the express purpose of either Christianizing the savages or killing them off, either way.

I occasionally read a british newspapers and was not surprised to find in it an article last year in which the reporter spoke to British generals in Afghanistan who were AGHAST at the beady-eyed fundamentalist Christian fervor of the American generals who were their counterparts there. They were bloodthirsty and imminently ready to kill in the service of their Jesus, and they made no bones about their underlying motivation -- to serve Jesus by killing in the service of America.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#10594 Dec 30, 2012
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
And what did your Jesus do when they condemned him to die? Call down his holy angels to smite, smote, kill, torture and wreak holy vengeance to save him (as orgasmically satisfying as that must seem to "Christians" like you)?
No, he "resisted not evil" walked up Calvary hill bravely. A powerful message in that for you and your ilk, right?
You think Jesus wanted you to 'act like a coward" by not resisting evil, by returning good for evil, by turning the other cheek"? Are you NUTS?
Did Dr. Martin Luther King "'act like a coward"? Did Mahatma Ghandi?
Your Lord and Saviour taught you and his other disciples in EXPLICIT DETAIL how he wanted you to behave. What is COWARDLY is your absolute refusal to obey Jesus because it would mean letting go of your hatred and bile -- things I assure you you will never take into heaven with you.
Jesus left Heaven to bring atonement to mankind through His sinless pure blood sacrifice. Believing in His sinless life, death, and resurrection allows us to be accounted righteous before a Holy God.

Jesus allowed His creation to mock, spit on, flog, assault, and murder Him all to provide a way for us to be saved. That is how much God loves us!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#10595 Dec 30, 2012
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your religious tract, the Bible, unfortunately. And by people who mostly copied the story from the original gospel.
If you call that a "best attested fact of history," you are really detached from reality.
Ok. Give me an eyewitness account for Alexander the Great? Or how about Julius Caesar? Be sure to name the people who lived during the time they wrote about them.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#10596 Dec 30, 2012
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Your silly, shallow legalism is showing again. Just like the BS about "show me where the Bible actually says 'the earth is flat.'"
The wars were not fought FOR Christianity, but rather enthusiastically BY Christians, often for their religious ends. The mass extermination of the Native Americans in the 19th century was largely done by Christian Americans and for the express purpose of either Christianizing the savages or killing them off, either way.
I occasionally read a british newspapers and was not surprised to find in it an article last year in which the reporter spoke to British generals in Afghanistan who were AGHAST at the beady-eyed fundamentalist Christian fervor of the American generals who were their counterparts there. They were bloodthirsty and imminently ready to kill in the service of their Jesus, and they made no bones about their underlying motivation -- to serve Jesus by killing in the service of America.
You must be on something. Give me a historian who claims that the govt wanted Christian missionaries to exterminate the native Americans? If you can't do that, then show me where the US govt ordered the generals in Afghanistan to kill in the name of Jesus? One official document is all you need to produce here.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10597 Dec 31, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who starts with the premise that all religions are myths is not going to be able to understand the Bible nor Christianity correctly. This was his pov.
You want to defend this nonsense then be my guest.
A Person can't declare Christianity a myth unless they first read about it with an open mind. I read about it and then knew it is a book full of myths..

What your religion boils down to is faith in that old book to avoid the hell it mentions. If a person can't believe the old book full of impossible things, it says they will be tortured in flames after they die. Pretty silly isn't it, especially when considering the believer and unbeliever both sin according to this old book.

Again, your religion is about faith or lack of faith. According to your old book, that alone is what determines whether a person lives an afterlife in bliss or torture. It seems the authors of your book were smoking peyote..JMHO

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10598 Dec 31, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>Unless thought is valid we have no reason to believe in the real universe...Author: C.S. Lewis
That's statement by C.S. Lewis is dumber than dirt..
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>And what do deist debate about deism??????????
Deists debate about what the universe shows us when examined by an open mind using rational THOUGHT..

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#10599 Dec 31, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be on something. Give me a historian who claims that the govt wanted Christian missionaries to exterminate the native Americans? If you can't do that, then show me where the US govt ordered the generals in Afghanistan to kill in the name of Jesus? One official document is all you need to produce here.
Indian Removal Act of 1830

http://www.civics-online.org/library/formatte...
-- Andrew Jackson, President, Presbyterian

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#10600 Dec 31, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Give me an eyewitness account for Alexander the Great? Or how about Julius Caesar? Be sure to name the people who lived during the time they wrote about them.
http://www.bible-history.com/archaeology/rome...

Caesar, Julius,'De Bello Galico', 50 BC

Cicero, Marcus Tulius,'Letter to Varo', 46 BC

Varro, Marcus Terentius,'Rerum Rusticarum, 59 BC

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#10601 Dec 31, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Finally an atheist-skeptic is going to examine the evidence with an unbiased mind-set. Read the 4 gospel accounts that deal with the resurrection and I Cor 15:1-8. Enjoy.
Not evidence. Watch this:

A million unidentified people who are all dead now saw the real Elvis Presley alive in 2008.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#10602 Dec 31, 2012
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus left Heaven...
Prove it.

Thor left Valhalla...

Both are equally demonstrably true. Which should we believe? Or, should we believe neither until evidence is presented?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 57 min No Surprise 613
Faith during hard times 1 hr Blacklagoon 62
World War Two Veteran tells a story 2 hr green 13
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 3 hr green 282
Early Christianity 3 hr little spam lamb 1,837
Barnsweb's own NT calls him "ignorant" "untaugh... 3 hr little spam lamb 127
Longinus Chronicles - Fighting for Christ 3 hr little spam lamb 71
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 3 hr little spam lamb 745
More from around the web