God defeated by "modern" technology
Punisher

Tuckahoe, NY

#21 May 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
It guarantees eternal life in Heaven to those that are TRULY saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.
Why do I need someone elses blood on me?

Why are we in 2013 still thinking in terms of blood sacrifices? Could we move on from all this blood cr/p?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#22 May 13, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Why do I need someone elses blood on me?
Why are we in 2013 still thinking in terms of blood sacrifices? Could we move on from all this blood cr/p?
This short link explains it very well:
http://www.biblebelievers.com/AllThis.html
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#23 May 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
Your explanation explains nothing. The simple fact of the matter is the “LORD with you” guarantees nothing as much as that may disturb you.

#24 May 13, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Or whatever? You mean the story, the Bible story isnt clear on what the problem was?
Look up sloth, for the future.
Why didnt God give Judah a little boost, a little more encouragement? Maybe toss down a mighty sword that could cleave thru iron...?
Why when most needed, your God wasn't there to help?
I'm well aware of what sloth means. You apparently are the one that needs to look it up, lol.

You poor unbelievers fail EVERY time to discredit the Word of God. Especially when you come with old, weak, easily debunk-able nonsense. Keep firing away but you can't win against a fundamentalist who reads and studies the Word of God daily.
little lamb

Nudgee, Australia

#25 May 13, 2013
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Your explanation explains nothing. The simple fact of the matter is the “LORD with you” guarantees nothing as much as that may disturb you.
The Lord is with you..gains us much..but God doesn't operate without our free will.

The fact is Jehovah was with Israel ..but when Goliath came out ...even though they knew God was with them..they hid and trembled ,,hey this guy was too big

It took one little guy ..David to ACT in FAITH..and he came off victorious.

So knowing God is with you..and acting on that faith are two different things.

#26 May 13, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord is with you..gains us much..but God doesn't operate without our free will.
The fact is Jehovah was with Israel ..but when Goliath came out ...even though they knew God was with them..they hid and trembled ,,hey this guy was too big
Well said, excellent example!

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#27 May 13, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing God is with you and acting on faith in that are two different things.
little lamb: "Knowing God is with you and acting on faith in that are two different things.

Correction.
BELIEVING God is with you and acting on faith in that are two different things.
KNOWING God is with you and acting on it are one and the same.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#28 May 13, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
do you believe Jesus is God?

“Vader2016!”

Since: Sep 10

The Deathstar

#29 May 13, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm well aware of what sloth means. You apparently are the one that needs to look it up, lol.
You poor unbelievers fail EVERY time to discredit the Word of God. Especially when you come with old, weak, easily debunk-able nonsense. Keep firing away but you can't win against a fundamentalist who reads and studies the Word of God daily.
Like I said, YOU are twisting the word.

Also, Christbot
Its not hard to pick apart a racist/slavery condoned/rape condoned/incest condoned/scientifically inaccurate book.

[QUOTE who="Judges 1:19"]<quoted text>
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting on this proof you have that they lost faith and that is why they could not take out the guys in the valley. The explanation is in the scripture... they could not do it because of modern technology.
Big Al

Grand Rapids, MN

#30 May 14, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are saying is that what a person does is more important than the “LORD being with him/her”. You can’t just sit there waiting for things to happen magically. That applies to everyone including both believers and unbelievers.

"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer." – author unknown

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#31 May 14, 2013
10uhsee wrote:
I am not worried about your gods magical fire...
Your belief in Hell is not required for your eternal residency therein.

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#32 May 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief in Hell is not required for your eternal residency therein.
Your childhood belief in sky-fairies is not proof in the existence of one.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#33 May 14, 2013
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
Your childhood belief in sky-fairies is not proof in the existence of one.
I didn't believe that in "childhood". See? You are in error. I learned it from the Bible and real life.

You are "without excuse".

Romans 1:18-20 (NKJV)
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#34 May 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't believe that in "childhood". See? You are in error. I learned it from the Bible and real life.
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
I am not mistaken, children would believe in this nonsense not the functional mind of a rational individual and free thinker.

You post bible scriptures as if they mean anything.

Your racist,slave condoning,rape condoning,genital mutilation ordering, genocidal, pedophilia, scientifically inaccurate book means less to me than a story by Mark Twain.

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#35 May 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I can quote from the bible too...

Numbers 31:13-47
King James Version (KJV)
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#37 May 14, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You will soon die. You will have NOTHING. You have nothing to offer. YOu have a point?
Everyone dies champ... everyone ends up with nothing.

Your legacy is what sticks after you are gone.

Nothing to offer when I am dead?... I guess not, but I wont know, because I'll be dead.

“honestly politically incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#38 May 14, 2013
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone dies champ... everyone ends up with nothing.
Your legacy is what sticks after you are gone.
Nothing to offer when I am dead?... I guess not, but I wont know, because I'll be dead.
That looked pretty much like he threatened you on here.

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#39 May 14, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
That looked pretty much like he threatened you on here.
In the end that is all they have... threats.

There is no substance to their arguments, they just want you to believe in their sky fairy. If you don't, they get hostile.

Im just happy they no longer can take non-believers out and stine them or burn people at the stake... they can now only threaten. Unless it is an extremest... the kind that blows up abortion clinics.

#40 May 14, 2013
10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, YOU are twisting the word.
Also, Christbot
Its not hard to pick apart a racist/slavery condoned/rape condoned/incest condoned/scientifically inaccurate book.
<quoted text>
Still waiting on this proof you have that they lost faith and that is why they could not take out the guys in the valley. The explanation is in the scripture... they could not do it because of modern technology.
YOU are twisting one verse and not reading the rest of the chapter. Yet nowhere in Judges 1:19 does it state that God couldn't drive out the inhabitants who had iron chariots. It was the army of Judah that couldn't drive them out.

We can easily infer from the Holy Spirit's specific mention of "iron chariots" in that verse, that Judah failed due to fear and disobedience to completely trust in the Almighty God.

When we keep reading that chapter we also see that Manasseh, Ephraim, Zebulun, Asher, Naphtali also failed to drive out the inhabitants of the land of which they were supposed to conquer. Plus the Amorites forced the children of Dan into the mountains; but when the house of Joseph became stronger the Canaanites were put under tribute.[SEE JUDGES 1:27-36 for the complete details]

And when we get to Judges chapter 2, we are told that Israel didn't drive out the inhabitants due to their disobedience to God.[SEE JUDGES 2:1-6]

God commanded them to take the land but fear, cowardice, sloth, etc caused them to be disobedient to God. And thus they are now stuck with thorns in their side and the heathen gods (worshiping man-made idols instead of Jehovah) became a snare to Israel.

Here is a link to those verses so you can read them for yourself and take the scriptures in their proper context:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“Vader2016!”

The Deathstar

#41 May 14, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are twisting one verse and not reading the rest of the chapter. Yet nowhere in Judges 1:19 does it state that God couldn't drive out the inhabitants who had iron chariots. It was the army of Judah that couldn't drive them out.
We can easily infer from the Holy Spirit's specific mention of "iron chariots" in that verse, that Judah failed due to fear and disobedience to completely trust in the Almighty God.
I am READING THE SCRIPTURE... perhaps you should do the same. The scripture itself is saying he could not do it, I am just agreeing.

New International Version (©2011)
The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots fitted with iron.

New Living Translation (©2007)
The LORD was with the people of Judah, and they took possession of the hill country. But they failed to drive out the people living in the plains, who had iron chariots.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And the LORD was with Judah, and he took possession of the hill country, but he could not drive out the inhabitants of the plain because they had chariots of iron.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Now the LORD was with Judah, and they took possession of the hill country; but they could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley because they had iron chariots.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
The LORD was with Judah and enabled them to take possession of the hill country, but they could not drive out the people who were living in the valley because those people had iron chariots.

International Standard Version (©2012)
The LORD was with the army of Judah, and they captured the hill country, but did not expel the inhabitants of the valley because they were equipped with iron chariots.

NET Bible (©2006)
The LORD was with the men of Judah. They conquered the hill country, but they could not conquer the people living in the coastal plain, because they had chariots with iron-rimmed wheels.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
The LORD was with the men of Judah so that they were able to take possession of the mountains. But they could not force out the people living in the valley who had chariots made of iron.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drove out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

American King James Version
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drove out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

American Standard Version
And Jehovah was with Judah; and drove out the inhabitants of the hill-country; for he could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Darby Bible Translation
And the LORD was with Judah, and he took possession of the hill country, but he could not drive out the inhabitants of the plain, because they had chariots of iron.

English Revised Version
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the hill country; for he could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Webster's Bible Translation

Pick your version.

And its amazing how you people always think atheists know nothing about the bible or religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) (Mar '16) 12 min ROG 3,360
Intelligent People Question Everything 17 min ROG 911
The Moral Failure Of Christians 19 min ROG 318
our Father who art in Heaven.... 20 min ROG 17
Just A Talk With You Christians. 21 min ROG 524
Why did Christ come to Earth? 31 min Big Al 765
gen 49: 27 47 min Barmsweb 624
Bible Interpretation 51 min Big Al 1,619
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 17 hr PrinceofDarkness 1,358
More from around the web