Comments
1 - 20 of 122 Comments Last updated May 18, 2013
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“I'll have some FSM...”

Since: Sep 10

with a side order of awesome!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

“I'll have some FSM...”

Since: Sep 10

with a side order of awesome!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh come on! Nothing?

Someone should start "The Church of the Iron Chariot."

As it is documented to be more powerful than god...

Judges 1:19

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

10uhsee wrote:
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
First off: The "he" in that verse is referring to Judah.

Second: Apparently Judah got scared when they saw the chariots of iron. They had God Almighty on their side but yet let fear or sloth or whatever cause them to lose heart. Had they remained strong in their faith in God, they would have easily defeated the inhabitants with iron chariots. God didn't fail, Judah failed to trust completely in the Lord.

..........

Also, and of course we read in Exodus 23:29-30 that God promised the land little by little. So like always, the Word of God is 100% accurate and will come to pass.

Exodus 23:29-30
29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.

30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.

..........

Great thread to prove the Word of God is the 100% TRUTH!

Not to mention, it serves as a valuable lesson for Christians to have complete faith in God even when things look bleak. We don't serve a weak Lord, we serve the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Psalm 18:30- As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Romans 8:28- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

How to Go to Heaven According to the Word of God:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_save...

==========

Question: "How can I know for sure that I will go to Heaven when I die?"
Answer: http://www.gotquestions.org/know-sure-Heaven....
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

..God was with Judah and they attained much

But then fear comes in, and fear acts as a restraint....As there are no men who are good all the time.

Because even the Apostles found that out...for even though they had the Lord with them, they were unable to cure a little boy...even though Jesus knew they could

Jesus explained it was their 'little faith'

same with judah..further insight

It is written

" Then the sons of Joseph said '......there are war chariots with iron scythes among all the Canaanites ..."

fear was acting as a restraint

[18].....For you SHOULD DRIVE away the Canaanites although they have war chariots.'

“I'll have some FSM...”

Since: Sep 10

with a side order of awesome!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
First off: The "he" in that verse is referring to Judah.
Second: Apparently Judah got scared when they saw the chariots of iron. They had God Almighty on their side but yet let fear or sloth or whatever cause them to lose heart. Had they remained strong in their faith in God, they would have easily defeated the inhabitants with iron chariots. God didn't fail, Judah failed to trust completely in the Lord.
..........
Also, and of course we read in Exodus 23:29-30 that God promised the land little by little. So like always, the Word of God is 100% accurate and will come to pass.
Exodus 23:29-30
29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.
30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.
..........
Great thread to prove the Word of God is the 100% TRUTH!
Not to mention, it serves as a valuable lesson for Christians to have complete faith in God even when things look bleak. We don't serve a weak Lord, we serve the King of kings and Lord of lords.
Psalm 18:30- As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
Romans 8:28- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
All your ramblings and none of it makes any sense. Regardless of it meaning "he."

The bible says the lord was with him. So it had nothing to do with faith and the bible does not say that, You are adding that in.

God got pwned by Iron chariots.

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Made in Yorkshire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

10uhsee wrote:
Someone should start "The Church of the Iron Chariot."
There is an Iron Chariots Wiki. It's a counter apologetics site.

http://tinyurl.com/38yurfo
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
First off: The "he" in that verse is referring to Judah.
Second: Apparently Judah got scared when they saw the chariots of iron. They had God Almighty on their side but yet let fear or sloth or whatever cause them to lose heart. Had they remained strong in their faith in God, they would have easily defeated the inhabitants with iron chariots. God didn't fail, Judah failed to trust completely in the Lord.
Apparently having the “LORD with you” doesn’t guarantee anything.

“I'll have some FSM...”

Since: Sep 10

with a side order of awesome!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently having the “LORD with you” doesn’t guarantee anything.
Thats my point :D

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
All your ramblings and none of it makes any sense. Regardless of it meaning "he."
The bible says the lord was with him. So it had nothing to do with faith and the bible does not say that, You are adding that in.
God got pwned by Iron chariots.
Nowhere in that scripture does it say that God couldn't drive out the inhabitants who had iron chariots. The army of Judah couldn't drive them out due to either fear (not trusting completely in God and thus losing their blessing), sloth, or perhaps they were gaining land too quickly as we read earlier in Exodus 23:29-30 (see the scripture in my post #3) so God slowed them down.

God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient and NOTHING or NO ONE is able to stand against Him!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

We'll see how technology delivers you from eternal fire.

Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

“I'll have some FSM...”

Since: Sep 10

with a side order of awesome!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dollarsbill wrote:
We'll see how technology delivers you from eternal fire.
Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Works well for everything else.
And don't use anything related to modern technology... wouldn't want you being a hypocrite and all...

You are supposed to just pray for those things.

I am not worried about your gods magical fire...no morew than I believe the tooth fairy is going to come get the tooth from under your child's pillow.

“I'll have some FSM...”

Since: Sep 10

with a side order of awesome!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere in that scripture does it say that God couldn't drive out the inhabitants who had iron chariots. The army of Judah couldn't drive them out due to either fear (not trusting completely in God and thus losing their blessing), sloth, or perhaps they were gaining land too quickly as we read earlier in Exodus 23:29-30 (see the scripture in my post #3) so God slowed them down.
God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient and NOTHING or NO ONE is able to stand against Him!
You win this debate if you show that the bible says they lost faith halfway though the fight in Judges 1:19...

But you cant find it because it does not exist.

You know whats funny... I post DIRECTLY from the bible... you have to insert words and twist stories so they are more palatable and less obviously ridicules.

“I'll have some FSM...”

Since: Sep 10

with a side order of awesome!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient and NOTHING or NO ONE is able to stand against Him!
Judges 1:19 say otherwise.

Also, with a god as you described... there is no such thing as free will.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
You win this debate if you show that the bible says they lost faith halfway though the fight in Judges 1:19...
But you cant find it because it does not exist.
You know whats funny... I post DIRECTLY from the bible... you have to insert words and twist stories so they are more palatable and less obviously ridicules.
Show me where that scripture stated that God couldn't defeat the inhabitants who had iron chariots. You can't! YOU'RE the one twisting and adding to scripture.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

10uhsee wrote:
<quoted text>
Judges 1:19 say otherwise.
Also, with a god as you described... there is no such thing as free will.
Every person has free will to either accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and get saved by grace through faith in the finished work of the cross and have eternal life in Heaven, or reject Jesus and send themselves to eternal Hell.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently having the “LORD with you” doesn’t guarantee anything.
It guarantees eternal life in Heaven to those that are TRULY saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
It guarantees eternal life in Heaven to those that are TRULY saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.
How can you believe that when you know that when you know the “LORD with Judah” couldn’t overcome the chariots of iron?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you believe that when you know that when you know the “LORD with Judah” couldn’t overcome the chariots of iron?
I already explained it in post 3 and 10:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
First off: The "he" in that verse is referring to Judah.
Second: Apparently Judah got scared when they saw the chariots of iron. They had God Almighty on their side but yet let fear or sloth or whatever cause them to lose heart. Had they remained strong in their faith in God, they would have easily defeated the inhabitants with iron chariots. God didn't fail, Judah failed to trust completely in the Lord.
Or whatever? You mean the story, the Bible story isnt clear on what the problem was?

Look up sloth, for the future.

Why didnt God give Judah a little boost, a little more encouragement? Maybe toss down a mighty sword that could cleave thru iron...?

Why when most needed, your God wasn't there to help?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
deamon 1 hr Sceptical_Mal 3
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 4 hr NDanger 1,521
There Is No Benefit For Believing In God 4 hr Mr Ironhart 910
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 5 hr Gary Coaldigger 12,555
Did Jesus pray like a Muslim? (May '09) 6 hr Nisha 101
A Message from Nettie 6 hr LTT 1,341
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 6 hr Flygerian 1,730
•••
•••