Did Jesus pray like a Muslim?
Rasheed

UK

#100 Mar 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
I read the other day in the gospel of Matthew that Jesus "fell on his face and prayed". Do you think Christians should pray with their forehead to the ground? The church I attend half kneel and half remain seated. But I notice rom a search I did on the Bible 31 verses where the old testament prophets, Jesus and the disciples fall on their faces in prayer. Why dont we do it and does it matter? Is this the right way or not? Adam
you know Muslims pray how Jesus prayed look into Islam.. We believe in Jesus he was a prophet we love him to
Rasheed

UK

#101 Mar 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree taht it is a minor detail, but an important long abandoned Christian practice.
I think if Jesus didn't find prostration in prayer degrading then why should we? As it says in Hebrews 5:7 Jesus offered up prayers with loud cries and tears and was heard because of his submission. "During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission."
I guess many Christians believe that how you pray doesn't matter and that what matter is what you pray is sincere and from the heart. But I think that physical expressions reflect what is in our hearts. And that kneeling or prostration reflects an attitude of reverence, submission and thankfulness to our creator.
Adam
you know Muslims pray like Jesus we love and believe in Jesus the prophet
fihhid

Rochester, PA

#103 Mar 4, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… No but died like a Human
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#104 Mar 5, 2013
Rasheed wrote:
<quoted text> you know Muslims pray how Jesus prayed look into Islam.. We believe in Jesus he was a prophet we love him to
'JOHN 17:1,2
1: After Jesus said this, HE LOOKED TOWARD THE HEAVEN AND PRAYED:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.'

NO FURTHER COMMENT.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#105 Mar 5, 2013
MATTHEW 6:5-8:

'5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

6 But when you pray, GO INTO YOUR ROOM, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.'
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#106 Mar 5, 2013
notreally wrote:
<quoted text>It is humility, the lowest you can bow before your God.
TO BE SEEN BY OTHERS!
notreally wrote:
<quoted text> Christians(fundies) today do not feel they have to bow before God, They are buddies.
Is that why we bow our heads? Even when alone.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#108 Mar 15, 2013
How long after Jesus was it before Muslims appeared? I do not see how Jesus could have prayed like someone who did not exist at the time. People draw strange conclusions.
Ardiana

Skopje, Macedonia

#109 Jul 14, 2013
Divine Alien wrote:
I think the muslim pray like Jesus did.
Muslims do pray like Jesus and all other prophets prayed (peace be upon the all). This is one of many other signs that Muslims trully follow the teachings of Jesus and other prophets. Indeed there are signs for those who reflect. And remember who refused to bow down to the Lord of the Worlds. It was satan. So this just goes to show that not bowing down to the Almighty God is a sign of arrogance. It is very clear that all prophets prostrated to GOD, the Creator of the Universe. The one who wants to refused to bow down in worship to the Creator can make up as many excuses he wants. But indeed there are signs for those who reflect(think deeply).
Ardiana

Skopje, Macedonia

#110 Jul 14, 2013
jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
'JOHN 17:1,2
1: After Jesus said this, HE LOOKED TOWARD THE HEAVEN AND PRAYED:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.'
NO FURTHER COMMENT.
what do you mean: no further comment? the Bible aslo says that Jesus(peace be upon him) was a prophet of God. If you haven't read it, I can bring you verses. As for the word: son of God. The Bible says that Adam, Moses were sons of God, meaning they were pious but not literally sons of God. Again if you didn't know that the Bible calls Adam, Moses tec sons of God, I can bring you verses or check out by your self as you want. Check out the Quran, the last and final revelation from God, it says it all.
Sarah

Skopje, Macedonia

#111 Jul 14, 2013
Kerdy 1 wrote:
How long after Jesus was it before Muslims appeared? I do not see how Jesus could have prayed like someone who did not exist at the time. People draw strange conclusions.
Muslims are those who believe in all the books that God revealed to prohpets throughout time including the Torah and the Bible. They are oroginally words of God but the copies that exist nowadays have been corrupted by man as many Christian scholars claim, that's why there are many contradictions in the Bible, and there are different copies of it. Muslims also believe in the last and final revelation form God revealed to prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him). So muslims follow all the prophets including Abraham, Moses and Jesus. And the final prophet Muhammad. And they preay like all prophets prayed. Accrding to the Bible Jesus did not eat pork, muslims do not eat pork. Jesus prayed with his face on the ground(prostrating to his Lord), muslim pray lke Jesus. If you read the Bible in aramaic, Jesus greeted people with the greeting that muslims greet oneanother today it is : assalmu alaykum, which means, peace be with you. As you can see muslim are the once who trully follow the teaching of Jesus(pbuh). In the Quran there is a chapter called Mary (the mother of Jesus). and the Quran confirms that the Torah and the Bible are originally words of God. Check it out!
Jesus Is

Rowville, Australia

#112 Jul 15, 2013
Rasheed wrote:
<quoted text> you know Muslims pray how Jesus prayed look into Islam.. We believe in Jesus he was a prophet we love him to
a
IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO BE MUSLIM??????
Jesus Is

Rowville, Australia

#113 Jul 15, 2013
a
DON'T YOU HAVE TO KILL UNBELIEVERS SO SATAN WINS THEM BEFORE GOD GETS THEM??????
Jesus Is

Rowville, Australia

#114 Jul 15, 2013
CHECK THIS OUT:

1 Timothy 4

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.'
Allahsnewslave

Phoenix, AZ

#115 May 7, 2014
salaam bro , I'm a new convert actually over a year now . I think it's time to to be as strong as a lion and accept Islam as I have . All these years I been on a path , this path wasn't chosen for me is was guided onto me by my parents . This path was treachourous , hypocritical , full of lies and deadly at times . They gave me a match basically and said to me I want to live in the dark , I have done no wrong but forgive us and I'm not a sinner remember , as I grew up and seen how everything unfolded I took that pathetic match and began to find what I could to create a bigger flame to escape this wretched path . I was living in the dark as well, I'm not gonna make any excuses for anything I will be held accountable just as the next man or woman but one thing is certain I think you need to just accept what you don't wanna accept and ask god to guide you and to forgive you . When you ask get on your hands and knees like Christ and put your face to the ground and beg for it . If you truly are a believer and you want to be shown how to be a better human being just follow the true teachings of Christ . By the way one last thing I used to be a infantrymen and I survived Iraq during my horrific deployment in 2004 . Who could have opened my eyes and touched my heart and given me mercy ? Who ?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque, NM

#116 May 7, 2014
Allahsnewslave wrote:
salaam bro , I'm a new convert actually over a year now . I think it's time to to be as strong as a lion and accept Islam as I have . All these years I been on a path , this path wasn't chosen for me is was guided onto me by my parents . This path was treachourous , hypocritical , full of lies and deadly at times . They gave me a match basically and said to me I want to live in the dark , I have done no wrong but forgive us and I'm not a sinner remember , as I grew up and seen how everything unfolded I took that pathetic match and began to find what I could to create a bigger flame to escape this wretched path . I was living in the dark as well, I'm not gonna make any excuses for anything I will be held accountable just as the next man or woman but one thing is certain I think you need to just accept what you don't wanna accept and ask god to guide you and to forgive you . When you ask get on your hands and knees like Christ and put your face to the ground and beg for it . If you truly are a believer and you want to be shown how to be a better human being just follow the true teachings of Christ . By the way one last thing I used to be a infantrymen and I survived Iraq during my horrific deployment in 2004 . Who could have opened my eyes and touched my heart and given me mercy ? Who ?
Hey, during last evening's prayer group the preacher said you guys believe you're going to get five virgins and I said seven. Who is correct?
Augustin

Singapore, Singapore

#125 Jul 2, 2014
As Christians, the try is to avoid copying from the Muslims. It is a shame to reject the truth. Jesus stayed on earth for 33 years, and didn't teach his disciples anything. Only Him kept praying. So the Bible we are holding is not from Jesus. Minimum of 200 Years after, It got written. Then why does he need to come back ? He could do things from heaven! This is not a God, except we are arrogant loosers. Let meditate, something is hidden
Jesus is

Doonside, Australia

#126 Jul 3, 2014
Augustin wrote:
<quoted text>As Christians, the try is to avoid copying from the Muslims. It is a shame to reject the truth. Jesus stayed on earth for 33 years, and didn't teach his disciples anything. Only Him kept praying. So the Bible we are holding is not from Jesus. Minimum of 200 Years after, It got written. Then why does he need to come back ? He could do things from heaven! This is not a God, except we are arrogant loosers. Let meditate, something is hidden
THERE IS PLENTY OF EVIDENCE THAT THE GOSPELS WERE WRITTEN EARLY:
http://carm.org/when-were-gospels-written-and...
da_mnm

Manama, Bahrain

#130 Jul 24, 2014
Jesus and all Prophets before him prayed by putting their faces on the ground (prostrating), this is the ultimate surrender position that the Prophets offered only to the Creator of the Heavens & Earth. This position makes you place your forehead where your forebrain is, this part of the brain controls perception, memory, and all higher cognitive functions, including the ability to concentrate, reason and think in abstract form. When you prostrate you are submitting all these controls to God and seeking his advise. That's why Muslims (literally meaning Submitters) following the Last and Final Prophet Muhammad pray the way you see, also following the tradition of all Prophets before Muhammad.
truth in a bucket

Denver, CO

#131 Jul 24, 2014
Adam wrote:
I read the other day in the gospel of Matthew that Jesus "fell on his face and prayed". Do you think Christians should pray with their forehead to the ground? The church I attend half kneel and half remain seated. But I notice rom a search I did on the Bible 31 verses where the old testament prophets, Jesus and the disciples fall on their faces in prayer. Why dont we do it and does it matter? Is this the right way or not? Adam
Yes we should pray as Jesus prayed. Humble! The churchs have lots of things wrong this is one..... Jesus did not pray like a muslim they pray like he did! The only thing they do right... ah, except Sabbath ... but they are just a copy of Judaism....in a evil way!
Nisha

Auckland, New Zealand

#136 Aug 1, 2014
Divine Alien wrote:
I think the muslim pray like Jesus did.
But do christians pray like Jesus did? No, it is in the bible bu no one follows it. Jesus is one of the muslim prophets. Chriatians are half muslims but they have been misguided to believe that Jesus is the god/son of god, forgetting that god doesnt have any sons and daughters, God has prophets and angels. ALLAHU AKBAR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Majority of women in prison have been victims o... 2 hr Frindly 33
The tree of life and tree of good and evil 2 hr Frindly 35
Battling Life Threatening Flesh Eating Sex Demo... 2 hr Frindly 10
Prayer is WORTHLESS, and I can prove it (Dec '08) 2 hr Frindly 2,680
The end times started when Jesus walked this ea... 2 hr Frindly 45
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 7 hr proveyourgod 860
DID DOLLARSBILL HAVE a STROKE and DIE? 8 hr proveyourgod 92
More from around the web