First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Swimming With Ignorant Snarks”

Since: Nov 10

Great White Snark

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Reconcile This....Please

I'm beggin' ya. Could some well meaning Christian help me out and reconcile an area of concern about your faith being frivolous. If it wasn't promoted on TV and everywhere I turn, it wouldn't concern me....but, as a Christian, it should concern you.

Conceding your premise that God is omnipotent, all-knowing, all-seeing, a righteous and loving God, does it concern you that He would ignore the genocide of South American Indians by Catholics only to later ignore the genocide of North American Indians by protestants?

Then there's the little matter of WWII, just to pick a war, where civilian and military deaths were so astronomical they can only be estimated between 62 and 78 MILLION human beings.....

Yet the majority of you sincerely believe God cares and will actually intercede in the outcome of a sporting event or heal illness like Aunt Ethyl's hemorrhoids and has hand picked certain humans to conduct his magical healing powers.

Just sayin'
Sola Scriptura

Morgantown, WV

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Snark Hunter wrote:
Reconcile This....Please
I'm beggin' ya. Could some well meaning Christian help me out and reconcile an area of concern about your faith being frivolous. If it wasn't promoted on TV and everywhere I turn, it wouldn't concern me....but, as a Christian, it should concern you.
Conceding your premise that God is omnipotent, all-knowing, all-seeing, a righteous and loving God, does it concern you that He would ignore the genocide of South American Indians by Catholics only to later ignore the genocide of North American Indians by protestants?
Then there's the little matter of WWII, just to pick a war, where civilian and military deaths were so astronomical they can only be estimated between 62 and 78 MILLION human beings.....
Yet the majority of you sincerely believe God cares and will actually intercede in the outcome of a sporting event or heal illness like Aunt Ethyl's hemorrhoids and has hand picked certain humans to conduct his magical healing powers.
Just sayin'
Just sayin' you ain't right bright.

What do you people think? That man can go on his merry way and sin and rebel and treat God any way they want but at the same time demand that God put an end to all the misery in the world?

How about YOU treating God the way He deserves to be treated? With love and respect and reverence? But NO, you won't have that. You think you should be allowed to do whatever you want and not accept ANY consequences for your actions.

But, seeing that you probably don't even believe In God your whole post is irrelevant.
Sola Scriptura

Morgantown, WV

#4 Dec 6, 2012
The Vortex wrote:
This should be fun.
Let the fundie lies, deceit, obfuscation, word dancing, avoidance, and running away begin!
Popcorn anyone?
Run away from tripe like you? lol

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5 Dec 6, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you people think? That man can go on his merry way and sin and rebel and treat God any way they want but at the same time demand that God put an end to all the misery in the world?
How about YOU treating God the way He deserves to be treated? With love and respect and reverence? But NO, you won't have that. You think you should be allowed to do whatever you want and not accept ANY consequences for your actions.
But, seeing that you probably don't even believe In God your whole post is irrelevant.
Just stopping by to say hi. I was thinking about you the other day and I hope this post finds you well.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#6 Dec 6, 2012
Snark Hunter wrote:
Reconcile This....Please
Just sayin'
What would the atheist-skeptic-deist say to these problems? Seems to me that they have nothing to offer. All that the atheist could say is--"stuff happens". Just sayin
John from Texas

United States

#7 Dec 6, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the question is why doesn't this all merciful God allow such pain and suffering. It's a question for believers as well. It's a very good question. Why did this perfect God create all these "inferior" people? I think it's understandable to believe that this God you guys believe in is not the God of which you preach. It's a good question for those that seek the truth. What gives???
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#8 Dec 6, 2012
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the question is why doesn't this all merciful God allow such pain and suffering. It's a question for believers as well. It's a very good question. Why did this perfect God create all these "inferior" people? I think it's understandable to believe that this God you guys believe in is not the God of which you preach. It's a good question for those that seek the truth. What gives???
God uses suffering to perfect His church and followers. If this world was all there was then it would be a problem. This is a major problem for the atheistic worldview. The fact is that there is more to life than this world. This world is preparatory for the next. Suffering helps to prepare us for that world.
Sola Scriptura

Morgantown, WV

#9 Dec 6, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
God uses suffering to perfect His church and followers. If this world was all there was then it would be a problem. This is a major problem for the atheistic worldview. The fact is that there is more to life than this world. This world is preparatory for the next. Suffering helps to prepare us for that world.
I don't believe it is to help us to prepare for the next but to make us more appreciative and grateful for it.

Atheists think that God should allow all kinds of rebellion just because they think He MADE them inferior. No, mankind was made a little lower then the angels, not a little above the animals. Man is what he makes himself by the choices he makes.
John from Texas

United States

#10 Dec 6, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe it is to help us to prepare for the next but to make us more appreciative and grateful for it.
Atheists think that God should allow all kinds of rebellion just because they think He MADE them inferior. No, mankind was made a little lower then the angels, not a little above the animals. Man is what he makes himself by the choices he makes.
You are free to believe whatever you want. Good luck with all that.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#11 Dec 6, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it does prepare us. It increases our faith in God and causes us to trust Him more. When we trust Him more, we become better acquainted with Him. See James 1:2-4; I Peter 1, 4:19

I agree man is doomed to struggle. Another thing is that sin enslaves and they can't break out of that bondage on their own.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#12 Dec 6, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! No Wayne, atheist believe we are animals that evolved from other life. We made all the gods up using our evolved noddle.

I do fully agree with your last sentence.
Sola Scriptura

Morgantown, WV

#13 Dec 6, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it does prepare us. It increases our faith in God and causes us to trust Him more. When we trust Him more, we become better acquainted with Him. See James 1:2-4; I Peter 1, 4:19
I agree man is doomed to struggle. Another thing is that sin enslaves and they can't break out of that bondage on their own.
It almost sounds like you are saying we are being prepared for more suffering,,,Although I know that is not what you mean.
Sola Scriptura

Morgantown, WV

#14 Dec 6, 2012
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to believe whatever you want. Good luck with all that.
Yeah yeah, Same to you.
Sola Scriptura

Morgantown, WV

#15 Dec 6, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! No Wayne, atheist believe we are animals that evolved from other life. We made all the gods up using our evolved noddle.
I do fully agree with your last sentence.
Well, since we didn't evolve from other life you believe a lie. You know what God says about that?

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2 Thessalonians 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Believe a lie. That's your choice.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#16 Dec 6, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since we didn't evolve from other life you believe a lie. You know what God says about that?
2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2 Thessalonians 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
So much for free will.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#18 Dec 7, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
So much for free will.
How do you think the citation above refutes free will? I have the free will to choose to touch a hot stove. Whether I "believe" it or not it will burn me.
Thinking

Farnham, UK

#19 Dec 7, 2012
god has to use an iterative process?
Who invented that process?
Couldn't there be a better process?
Or would that require an all powerful god?
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>

“Swimming With Ignorant Snarks”

Since: Nov 10

Great White Snark

#20 Dec 7, 2012
As ususal the deluded don't work the gray matter very hard when it comes to answering simple questions of faith...and I can see how it's impossible for you to answer without stepping on your own intellect...however scant that might be.

An example of the simple-minded idiocy is some said....atheists believe god should do so and so....what? How is that even possible? Get my drift?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#21 Dec 7, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since Noah's Flood never happened you believe a lie. You know what God says about that?

Thanks, Wayne. God bless you.
OKAY

Houston, TX

#22 Dec 7, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, HE really did make "them" inferior.:-P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you believe in Noah's Ark, you are a certifi... (Dec '08) 18 min janeebee 1,347
failed prophecies 1 hr ROG 553
Early Christianity 1 hr ROG 1,258
Forum has gone to the dogs 1 hr ROG 34
temporary travel ban 5 hr News 8
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 11 hr Big Al 80
Turns Out 20 hr Le Monde 162
More from around the web