created by: Big Al | Jun 16, 2014

Christian

388 votes

Is the Bible always literally true or correct?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#3032 Wednesday Aug 20
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel Finkelstein would say Isaiah 53 and Daniel 9:20-27 are exilic literature prophesying the return from Babylonian captivity. Since Isaiah specifically calls Cyrus the Great the anointed one he would also say some post-exilic editing was involved.

But was Cyrus cut off (killed, slain)? and the sanctuary (second temple) destroyed after he was cut off (killed, slain) for the sins of people? Nope. Also,the two commandments to restore and rebuild Jerusalem and the second temple were given
1) to Ezra by Cyrus in 538 BC; and

2) to Nehemiah by Artraxerxes in 444 BC.

Now count those weeks (490 years total) in Daniel and that brings us right around the time Yeshua was slain, the second covenant was confirmed by this final sin offering, with the second temple and holy city eventually being trampled on and destroyed in 70 a.d. just as Daniel, Yeshua, and John on Patmos prophesied. And as I was telling Big Al, I doubt those hostile Roman Gentiles and Jewish leaders together conspired to make them seem fulfilled. I mean, Roman Gentile Emperors (gods) thwarting power away from themselves for their own pagan (gentile) supporters to put themselves under the authority and teachings of the God of Israel and His Jewish Christ. I doubt it.

Oh, and btw....all the OT prophets were anointed with the holy spirit. You just have to figure out what made the Messiah's role different from their's...lol

no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#3033 Wednesday Aug 20
correction: "all the OT inspired writers were anointed"
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3034 Wednesday Aug 20
no-one-special wrote:
correction: "all the OT inspired writers were anointed"
correction: "all the OT inspired writers were anointed by SATAN".
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3035 Wednesday Aug 20
satan, a hebrew word that means adversary
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3036 Wednesday Aug 20
eve, a hebrew word meaning, living one, or source of life.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#3037 Wednesday Aug 20
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really care what you ppl think of me....you are just trolls. So with every chance I get, I will show your lies.
Of course you care, you have vanity and self righteousness in equal abundance!
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3038 Wednesday Aug 20
Hovah, as in je hovah, means ruin, disaster.
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3039 Wednesday Aug 20
Ezekiel 14:9English Standard Version (ESV)

9 And if the prophet is deceived and speaks a word, I, the Lord, have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

Now why would an all powerful (or so he claims) god need to deceive anyone?

Remember Allah is called the deceiver in the quran!
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3040 Wednesday Aug 20
So je HOVAH, the god of ruin and disaster, is the god that admonished fathers it was ok to sell their daughters into slavery and stone their sons for being "stubborn".

HOWEVER:

Judges 1:19
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

DANG those iron chariots!
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3041 Wednesday Aug 20
Numbers 21:8

King James Bible
And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

he could call the serpents because he is the god of ruin and distruction, the enemy of LIFE. Being the ENEMY OF LIFE, he could not heal the israelites. he had to revert back to the goddess and have the Israelites receive healing through HER.

WHO IS LIFE? THE SOURCE OF LIFE? THE LIVING ONE? EVE.

“Heaven or The Lake of Fire?”

Since: May 14

Lincoln, NE

#3042 Wednesday Aug 20
hilariosity wrote:
So je HOVAH, the god of ruin and disaster, is the god that admonished fathers it was ok to sell their daughters into slavery and stone their sons for being "stubborn".
HOWEVER:
Judges 1:19
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
DANG those iron chariots!
9. the Lord was with Judah; … but they could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley—The war was of the Lord, whose omnipotent aid would have ensured their success in every encounter, whether on the mountains or the plains, with foot soldiers or cavalry. It was distrust, the want of a simple and firm reliance on the promise of God, that made them afraid of the iron chariots (see on [210]Jos 11:4-9).~Jamieson-Fausset-Brow n
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3043 Wednesday Aug 20
Who is Jehovah, ruin, disaster, SATAN.
Therefore, Jehovah maning SATAN did not send a savior. He sent the anti-christ. The one to mislead, destroy and harass Eve upon the face of the earth.
Jesus is the anti-christ. He was also known as Soloman whose yearly accountants always averaged out to 666. He first appeared on earth as Adam. Eve had lived upon the earth long before Adam was created by the spirit satan.
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3044 Wednesday Aug 20
Hell-Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
9. the Lord was with Judah; … but they could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley—The war was of the Lord, whose omnipotent aid would have ensured their success in every encounter, whether on the mountains or the plains, with foot soldiers or cavalry. It was distrust, the want of a simple and firm reliance on the promise of God, that made them afraid of the iron chariots (see on [210]Jos 11:4-9).~Jamieson-Fausset-Brow n
Lol, you mean an omnipotent god can't overcome individuals fear? You know better than that. You are making excuses for him.

Lincoln, NE

#3045 Wednesday Aug 20
hilariosity wrote:
Numbers 21:8
King James Bible
And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
he could call the serpents because he is the god of ruin and distruction, the enemy of LIFE. Being the ENEMY OF LIFE, he could not heal the israelites. he had to revert back to the goddess and have the Israelites receive healing through HER.
WHO IS LIFE? THE SOURCE OF LIFE? THE LIVING ONE? EVE.
Eve? Mary? They were mothers. Not the "source".

and it shall come to pass, that everyone that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live; which is very wonderful, that by looking to the figure of a serpent, men should be cured of the bites of real ones, and which bites were deadly; the virtue of healing could not come from the figure, but from God, who appointed it to be made, the Targum of Jonathan adds, that one bitten should live,"if he directed his heart to the Word of the Lord,''even to that divine Logos or Word of God, whose lifting up was figured hereby; see John 3:14.~Pulpit Commentary

Lincoln, NE

#3046 Wednesday Aug 20
hilariosity wrote:
Who is Jehovah, ruin, disaster, SATAN.
Therefore, Jehovah maning SATAN did not send a savior. He sent the anti-christ. The one to mislead, destroy and harass Eve upon the face of the earth.
Jesus is the anti-christ. He was also known as Soloman whose yearly accountants always averaged out to 666. He first appeared on earth as Adam. Eve had lived upon the earth long before Adam was created by the spirit satan.
Are you Susan??
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#3047 Wednesday Aug 20
hilariosity wrote:
Ezekiel 14:9English Standard Version (ESV)
9 And if the prophet is deceived and speaks a word, I, the Lord, have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.
Now why would an all powerful (or so he claims) god need to deceive anyone?

I mean if the bible were to say that He didn't create both good and evil you'd say he wasn't the Creator and you'd be wondering where evil came from (possibly assuming evil came before Him), right? But....because he is the Creator of both good.... and evil spirit(s) with a purpose, when a person (prophet, minister, preacher, guide) doesn't put themselves under His authority by dealing in truth, He allows that person (prophet, minister, preacher, guide) to put themselves under the authority of demonic influence (which causes blindness) to deceive other people who also refuse to put themselves under the Creator's authority. It isn't until they repent and deal with the truth in Hashem and His Meschiach does this demonic influence flee from a person (according to Matthew 4:1-11 and Ephesians 6:10-20) and are delivered from the day of wrath Also, I see no problem with God giving people a choice called free will and letting liars follow their own guides into a pit, do you? In other words, why blame God for the road of falsehoods they chose to go down?

hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3048 Wednesday Aug 20
The Garden of Eden was a bastardization of what was to be called
The Garden of EVE or the Garden of the Living One.
Allah, Jehovah, god of Abraham, the Great Deceiver aka SATAN has deceived the WORLD.
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3049 Wednesday Aug 20
Hell-Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
and it shall come to pass, that everyone that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live; which is very wonderful, that by looking to the figure of a serpent, men should be cured of the bites of real ones, and which bites were deadly; the virtue of healing could not come from the figure, but from God, who appointed it to be made, the Targum of Jonathan adds, that one bitten should live,"if he directed his heart to the Word of the Lord,''even to that divine Logos or Word of God, whose lifting up was figured hereby; see John 3:14.~Pulpit Commentary
Eve in Hebrew means "Source of Life". Hovah of je HOVAH means ruin, disaster.
Deuteronomy 6:15 &#9658;

New International Version
for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.

jealous - feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages

Why would a supposed omnipotent god feel jealous or envious?
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3050 Wednesday Aug 20
Hell-Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...and your "source" of information is the book of the "deceiver, enemy of life"?
The copper snake had long been an emblem used to heal people. It was used within the snake religions of the goddess. Jehovah is devoid of power. He couldn't stop the iron chariots and he couldn't heal the israelits of the snake bites.Yahweh, aka Jehovah, was also known by the Jews as being a "snake god" and moon god.

the Targum of Jonathan adds, that one bitten should live,"if he directed his heart to the Word of the Lord,'(Making up excuses again.)
hilariosity

Barnesville, OH

#3051 Wednesday Aug 20
or perhaps I should be more accurate saying, "a little white lie to justify".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dollarsbill vs an athiest 16 min Seentheotherside 291
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 49 min Seentheotherside 950
Longest anyone here has had to wait on Gods pro... 53 min Huntington Guy 20
A Message from Nettie (Feb '14) 56 min Huntington Guy 1,393
Who stole the keys to Heaven? 1 hr COOTERDOG 196
Why would God not tell the Jews about hell or t... 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 535
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 1 hr Patrick 4,083
Do You Support Military Action Against ISIS 5 hr Hardcore 80
•••
Enter and win $5000