Athiests- why are you on here and what purpose do you serve?

Posted in the Christian Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 183 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2013
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Disciple

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

It makes me sick that Christians can't discuss any issues with each other on here because of all the atheists that will destroy the thread.

What purpose do these atheists get for arguing about something they don't believe in on a forum with people that do believe rather than being in their own forum other than just being a butthole

“Jesus loves you all!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Disciple wrote:
It makes me sick that Christians can't discuss any issues with each other on here because of all the atheists that will destroy the thread.

What purpose do these atheists get for arguing about something they don't believe in on a forum with people that do believe rather than being in their own forum other than just being a butthole
Perhaps they are seeking Him without realizing it.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a typically moronic fundie lie.

I think most of them are just plain fed up with you hateful Christians and your trying to turn society against them, with your lie, that just because they don't believe in a God, YOUR God, that automatically makes them evil somehow. It doesn't. And most seem to be here to push back on this evil Christian lie.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Spiritual Vector 1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's a typically moronic fundie lie.

I think most of them are just plain fed up with you hateful Christians and your trying to turn society against them, with your lie, that just because they don't believe in a God, YOUR God, that automatically makes them evil somehow. It doesn't. And most seem to be here to push back on this evil Christian lie.
Why are you antagonistic?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Disciple wrote:
I think for some it's because of hidden fear.

I mean, think about it. We believe in the Lord fervently and fervently believe He exist...(and there is no doubt in my mind over here about that). But just for the following example's sake, what if we came across something that we think proved that God actually does not exist and lacked the faith to actually disprove it? That is a horrendous fearful thought to even dare think about because unquestionably, we know God exists through our faith.

Now the inverse is also true imho for some Atheists ---> What if, in there heart of hearts they question inwardly, "What if a God actually does exist???!!!" So for some, not all but for some quite possibly, they fight that inner, Divine inquest and it gnaws at them until they have no choice but to go pick a fight with a Christian to reassure their own Atheistic views and suppress the inquiry. And to turn a believer into a doubter is a major victory and head-sweller.

So in my own view, that is why I believe "some Atheists" go on an unprovoked attack on Christians. Some more vicious than others. Some are patient and not trying to attack... just asking an honest question. Again for some, it's that deep, hidden fear... not to mention the "Why am I here?" question that is obviously a natural part of our own psyche and development.

Unfortunately, sometimes Christians initiate an unwarranted attack. One thing is for sure with the varying motives of each atheist... that though they are very few in number compared to believers of any religious group and though they may not all agree on every evolutionary theory.. at least they know how to stick together and gather weak Christians to their side to help in their proclamation of the "God doesn't exist" banner.

Seems harsh, but at the very least we can can share a little bit of Jesus with them. The truer points do make it past an atheist's firewall from time to time.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

If only you knew of an all powerful deity that could communicate in an unambiguous manner.
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

If this was addressed to you, wouldn't you say something facile and censoring like, "Why should you even care?"
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

If a god exists it needs to explain to me the following:

Why are there miscarriages?
Why are there cot deaths?
Why is there childhood leukaemia?

This is just the start of my list of questions.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I think for some it's because of hidden fear.
I mean, think about it. We believe in the Lord fervently and fervently believe He exist...(and there is no doubt in my mind over here about that). But just for the following example's sake, what if we came across something that we think proved that God actually does not exist and lacked the faith to actually disprove it? That is a horrendous fearful thought to even dare think about because unquestionably, we know God exists through our faith.
Now the inverse is also true imho for some Atheists ---> What if, in there heart of hearts they question inwardly, "What if a God actually does exist???!!!" So for some, not all but for some quite possibly, they fight that inner, Divine inquest and it gnaws at them until they have no choice but to go pick a fight with a Christian to reassure their own Atheistic views and suppress the inquiry. And to turn a believer into a doubter is a major victory and head-sweller.
So in my own view, that is why I believe "some Atheists" go on an unprovoked attack on Christians. Some more vicious than others. Some are patient and not trying to attack... just asking an honest question. Again for some, it's that deep, hidden fear... not to mention the "Why am I here?" question that is obviously a natural part of our own psyche and development.
Unfortunately, sometimes Christians initiate an unwarranted attack. One thing is for sure with the varying motives of each atheist... that though they are very few in number compared to believers of any religious group and though they may not all agree on every evolutionary theory.. at least they know how to stick together and gather weak Christians to their side to help in their proclamation of the "God doesn't exist" banner.
Seems harsh, but at the very least we can can share a little bit of Jesus with them. The truer points do make it past an atheist's firewall from time to time.

“Only Biblical methods will”

Since: Apr 10

bring others to Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Christians can successfully discuss any subject we wish for as long as we wish. We need only use self control to ignore those who are not civil or who are not on topic, regardless of their affiliation. The threads only devolve when *both* sides behave badly and bicker with each other.

God bless you and yours.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
If a god exists it needs to explain to me the following:
Why are there miscarriages?
Why are there cot deaths?
Why is there childhood leukaemia?
This is just the start of my list of questions.
<quoted text>
You're not going to understand my answer, neither will you like or accept it... but the ultimate answer is because someone let sin through the door... our first human ancestor in this world, Adam.

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Disciple wrote:
While I do commend you for pointing out that both sides argue with each other-that's a rare quality in most of the posters on here. But I will have to respectfully disagree with you on your assertion that all atheists are "evil" and "bad." Surely you can be a little more civil when stating why you disagree with us, no?

Not all of us are demeaning and arrogant. Just give us a chance-we don'yt bite unless we're bitten first. Most of us just defend ourselves when pushy fundies condemn us for being who we are and refuse to hold a nice discussion without calling us atheists "Satan-lovers" or telling us that we'll burn in hell when we simply wish to talk to them, tell them why we feel the way we do.

They talk about why they believe. Why can't we? This is a double standard-these forums are for everyone, Christian or not to be on. Did you know there's a forum on this part of the site that excludes non-believers simply because they can't listen to their point of view fairly and honestly? That incenses me. It's just as frustrating to me when my atheist brothers and sisters resort to petty name-calling and mud-slinging towards the religious people rather than debate rationally. Guess who winds up looking childish in the end? Us.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Seriously__ wrote:
Christians can successfully discuss any subject we wish for as long as we wish. We need only use self control to ignore those who are not civil or who are not on topic, regardless of their affiliation. The threads only devolve when *both* sides behave badly and bicker with each other.
God bless you and yours.
Excellent point. Those who cannot deal with the wicked are weak in faith and knowledge of the Bible.
little lamb

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Hallelujah....we are probably being trained to be able to give an answer in a mild spirit..

After all we are called to be DISCIPLES of Jesus..and that means we have to be disciplined into spiritual warriors..

and the sword of the spirit , tends to get waved all over the place...we need the training to direct the sword straight to the point..
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Lelouch0 wrote:
<quoted text>
While I do commend you for pointing out that both sides argue with each other-that's a rare quality in most of the posters on here. But I will have to respectfully disagree with you on your assertion that all atheists are "evil" and "bad." Surely you can be a little more civil when stating why you disagree with us, no?
Not all of us are demeaning and arrogant. Just give us a chance-we don'yt bite unless we're bitten first. Most of us just defend ourselves when pushy fundies condemn us for being who we are and refuse to hold a nice discussion without calling us atheists "Satan-lovers" or telling us that we'll burn in hell when we simply wish to talk to them, tell them why we feel the way we do.

They talk about why they believe. Why can't we?
This is a double standard-these forums are for everyone, Christian or not to be on. Did you know there's a forum on this part of the site that excludes non-believers simply because they can't listen to their point of view fairly and honestly? That incenses me. It's just as frustrating to me when my atheist brothers and sisters resort to petty name-calling and mud-slinging towards the religious people rather than debate rationally. Guess who winds up looking childish in the end? Us.
Okay, Lelo.
If a person calling himself atheist wants to explain what they believe, tell me;

Why do you believe that nobody plus nothing can equal something?

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Are you talking about what atheists believe in general like saying that nothing exists after death or are you referring to my catchphrase on here?(which is just for fun and really doesn't mean anything)

If you're referring to the creation of the universe, then no, I don't believe that happened by chance or out of nowhere. Something happened that caused that; scientists just aren't sure what exactly caused it. We know that the BBT is pretty much discredited by now-it's too ridiculous of a theory to make sense.

What do us atheists believe in? I'm not sure about the others, but I know I believe in a full and productive life....some others being
-Afterlife question still up in the air until I die-I won't know for sure. Again small possibility of it happening, but very unlikely.
-To help everyone, religious or non-religious. It's part of my duty as a human being.
-To be compassionate and help those that are suffering.
-To encourage humans to think rationally and also teach their children to reason-i.e, not just have the parent teach the kid what they know, but teach them what they know and allow them to come to a decision on their own about what they believe. Someone I knew took their kid to different religious organizations (Greek Orthodox, Jewish synagogue, mosque, etc) and let them make up their own minds. I think the kid became a Catholic. Not 100% sure.
-To tolerate others' opinions, even if you hate them, deal with it!
-To never be greedy.
-To turn the other cheek in conflict.
-The preserving of life.

Those are just what I believe.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Seriously__ wrote:

God bless you and yours.
I concur.
Disciple

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

If its simply they don't believe and are here to disagree or even ask rational questions I could see, but what I see most of the time is an attack on. Christians before anything is said.

Examples:
-your sky fairy and book of fairy tales anytime a christian quotes from the bible
-foul and vulgar language just for disagreeing with certain things the bible deems immoral
-starting threads and trying to piss Christians off to see if they can get any kind of response out of them and then say your not a good christian

Now while there is many things in Christianity that needs to be brought up at times, most of the time it seems to be more atheists trollling to instigate and argue more than a general discussion.

HighlyEvolved is a great example of a Atheist troll that lives here for trouble.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's seen...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Disciple wrote:
If its simply they don't believe and are here to disagree or even ask rational questions I could see, but what I see most of the time is an attack on. Christians before anything is said.
Examples:
-your sky fairy and book of fairy tales anytime a christian quotes from the bible
-foul and vulgar language just for disagreeing with certain things the bible deems immoral
-starting threads and trying to piss Christians off to see if they can get any kind of response out of them and then say your not a good christian
Now while there is many things in Christianity that needs to be brought up at times, most of the time it seems to be more atheists trollling to instigate and argue more than a general discussion.
HighlyEvolved is a great example of a Atheist troll that lives here for trouble.
I am glad that atheists post on the CF.
Most of them are well versed in scripture, many also in the history of the Bible and church as well as other subjects.
I will say that I have learned much more from atheists who post on these threads than many 'fundie' Christians from whom I have yet to learn anything.
TheCapedCrusader

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Lelo.
If a person calling himself atheist wants to explain what they believe, tell me;
Why do you believe that nobody plus nothing can equal something?
I understand you are a Catholic. Therefore you should know the Big Bang Theory was formulated by a Catholic priest - Georges Lemaître.
"In 1927, he accepted a full time position at UCL and released his work entitled Un Univers homogène de masse constante et de rayon croissant rendant compte de la vitesse radiale des nébuleuses extragalactiques (A homogeneous Universe of constant mass and growing radius accounting for the radial velocity (radial velocity: Velocity along the line of sight toward or away from the observer) of extragalactic nebulae)."

"This paper explained the expanding universe in a new way, and within the framework of the General Theory of relativity. Initially, many scientists, including Albert Einstein, himself, were skeptical. However, further studies by Edwin Hubble, seemed to prove the theory. Initially called the "Big Bang Theory" by its critics, the name eventually stuck. Even Einstein was won over, standing and applauding at a Lemaitre seminar, saying "This is the most beautiful and satisfactory explanation of creation to which I have ever listened."

http://space.about.com/cs/astronomerbios/a/le...

You should also know the Big Bang Theory does not claim "nobody plus nothing can equal something".

"In 1931, Lemaitre went further with his predictions, extrapolating backwards in time find that the matter of the universe would reach an infinite density and temperature at a finite time in the past. This means the universe must have begun in an incredibly small, dense point of matter - a "primeval atom.""

http://physics.about.com/od/astronomy/f/BigBa...

In other words, all the building materials required for our current universe were already there, contained within Lemaître's "primeval atom".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••