Shoud Christians back Israel on what ...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83 Aug 20, 2014
Big Al wrote:
I don't care if you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim or Hindu if you allow your religious beliefs to interfere with your judgement of scientific evidence you have not learned the lesson of Copernicus and Galileo.
And you have not learned the lesson of Jesus.

Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED.

I.E.

Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

“Watching the wolf~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#84 Aug 20, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>And you have not learned the lesson of Jesus.

Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED.

I.E.

Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
I am so thankful I know this great God and His precious Son!

Location hidden

#85 Aug 20, 2014
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so thankful I know this great God and His precious Son!
Me too!

“Watching the wolf~”

Location hidden

#86 Aug 20, 2014
Ant wrote:
I know Israel is defending themselves from rocket attacks by Hamas, but I think many Christians point of view are fueled by people like Hal Lindsey, John Hagee, and the Left behind book to the point where if they say anything against Israel its a sin and must back them no matter what they do.
I back them. Look at what Hamas is doing!

Location hidden

#87 Aug 20, 2014
Hamas are like the Iranians, sacrificing their children. Iran used their little children for minesweepers.

Islam is MASS insanity.

God bless Islam with terror and violence today in Jesus' Name. Amen.

God bless Israel with:

Genesis 15:18 (NKJV)
18 On the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying: "To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates--

today in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Thank you Jesus.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#88 Aug 20, 2014
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. When you do any kind of scientific research (ask a question) you have to be able to accept what the evidence says (the answer) regardless of whether it agrees with what you believe or don't believe in order to arrive at the truth.
When Nicolaus Copernicus presented real-world evidence that the Earth revolved around the Sun Martin Luther couldn't accept it because he believed that everthing in the Bible was literally correct and died believing the Sun revolved around the Earth. He wrote...
"The fool [Copernicus] wants to turn the whole art of astronomy upside-down. However, as Holy Scripture tells us, so did Joshua bid the sun to stand still and not the earth."
I don't care if you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim or Hindu if you allow your religious beliefs to interfere with your judgement of scientific evidence you have not learned the lesson of Copernicus and Galileo.
OK, hold that thought intact.
I reject Finklestein Ph.D's theory.
You want to use Finklestein Ph.D as an example of a researcher who should take the side of believing the Bible yet claims it's all fake.
I think Finklestein Ph.D is confident that his claims will not affect the Jewish believers in Israel but will undermine and sabotage the faith of gentile Christians. He is, after all, an anti-Christ.
All that the modern "scholars" do is attack the text.
How can I read about archaeological digs in Israel that unearthed Canaanite cities, a burn layer, and then an Israelite population and now you claim there is no such evidence?
It sounds like the evidence is being altered.
The point is, I agree with what you say about not letting a religious viewpoint interfere with understanding evidence.
I don't believe there is an honest assessment of evidence available.
In fact, I know that there is one field of research in which there is not an honest assessment of evidence.
I have to ask for patience on your part. It will be at least a month before I'll be able to provide the evidence.
to be continued

“Watching the wolf~”

Location hidden

#89 Aug 20, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
Hamas are like the Iranians, sacrificing their children. Iran used their little children for minesweepers.

Islam is MASS insanity.

God bless Islam with terror and violence today in Jesus' Name. Amen.

God bless Israel with:

18 On the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying: "To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates--

Thank you Jesus.
They will get what is coming to them.
God Bless Israel

Chicago, IL

#90 Aug 20, 2014
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>
They will get what is coming to them.
"I will also gather all nations and bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land" - Joel 3:2

"And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth." Zech 14:12

This will be the fate of those who put forth their hand in battle against Israel!!!
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#91 Aug 20, 2014
God Bless Israel wrote:
<quoted text>"I will also gather all nations and bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land" - Joel 3:2
"And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth." Zech 14:12
This will be the fate of those who put forth their hand in battle against Israel!!!
The Prophets you quote are about ancient Israel which was the vineyard God used to bring the Savior to the world.

Modern Israel is anti-Christ.

Location hidden

#92 Aug 20, 2014
Old GT wrote:
God bless you with:

Romans 12:19 (NKJV)
19 "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

Thank you Jesus.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#93 Aug 20, 2014
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I back them. Look at what Hamas is doing!
Way to go Laci. Well done Israel, they managed to kill 400 children. Just a pity they didn't kill a lot more of those little terrorist b*****ds. Isn't that right Laci?

Location hidden

#94 Aug 21, 2014
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to go Laci. Well done Israel, they managed to kill 400 children. Just a pity they didn't kill a lot more of those little terrorist b*****ds. Isn't that right Laci?
God bless you with:

Genesis 12:3 (NKJV)
3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you;

In JesusÂ’ Name today. Amen.

Thank you Jesus
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#95 Aug 21, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text> OK, hold that thought intact.
I reject Finklestein Ph.D's theory.
You want to use Finklestein Ph.D as an example of a researcher who should take the side of believing the Bible yet claims it's all fake.
I think Finklestein Ph.D is confident that his claims will not affect the Jewish believers in Israel but will undermine and sabotage the faith of gentile Christians. He is, after all, an anti-Christ
To the contrary Finklestein's research is not popular with the Israeli government because his findings do not support Israel's divine right to Palestine. His research is, however, supported by his fellow Jewish archaeologists as well as most other archaeologists..
Old GT wrote:
All that the modern "scholars" do is attack the text.
How can I read about archaeological digs in Israel that unearthed Canaanite cities, a burn layer, and then an Israelite population and now you claim there is no such evidence?
It sounds like the evidence is being altered
Nothing is being altered. You simply cannot accept the possibility that what you believe is not correct so anyone or anything that does not agree with what you believe must be an "attack" on your beliefs. That's exactly the way Martin Luther and Cardinal Bellarmine thought about the science of Copernicus and Galileo. No amount of scientific evidence could convince them that heliocentrism was not simply an attack on the validity of the Bible.
Old GT wrote:
The point is, I agree with what you say about not letting a religious viewpoint interfere with understanding evidence.
I don't believe there is an honest assessment of evidence available.
In fact, I know that there is one field of research in which there is not an honest assessment of evidence.
I have to ask for patience on your part. It will be at least a month before I'll be able to provide the evidence.
to be continued
I think you should ask yourself why you don't think there is an honest assesment of the evidence. Is it simply because many of the conclusions do not agree with your preexisting beliefs? Can you accept the validity of evidence that does not agree with you beliefs?
God Bless Israel

Chicago, IL

#96 Aug 21, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Prophets you quote are about ancient Israel which was the vineyard God used to bring the Savior to the world.
Won't you be shocked when those events come to pass!

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#97 Aug 21, 2014
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, yet still less than the IRA...

Somewhere in Ireland

#98 Aug 21, 2014
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, yet still less than the IRA...
I make no excuses for the terrorist actions of the IRA, but you made a foolish and ill informed statement. In over 30 years of civil unrest in Northern Ireland, almost 4000 people lost their lives. This total was made up of security forces, members of para military groups and civilians. Sadly some children were killed, but it wasn't anywhere near 400. In less than six weeks Israeli forces killed half the number that were killed in the thirty years of conflict in Northern Ireland. The way Israel is going it won't take them thirty years to wipe out the whole of the Gaza strip!

Location hidden

#99 Aug 21, 2014
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
I make no excuses for the terrorist actions of the IRA, but you made a foolish and ill informed statement. In over 30 years of civil unrest in Northern Ireland, almost 4000 people lost their lives. This total was made up of security forces, members of para military groups and civilians. Sadly some children were killed, but it wasn't anywhere near 400. In less than six weeks Israeli forces killed half the number that were killed in the thirty years of conflict in Northern Ireland. The way Israel is going it won't take them thirty years to wipe out the whole of the Gaza strip!
The Hamas COWARDS are sacrificing women and children by hiding among them. They are the murderers.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#100 Aug 21, 2014
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
War has no prejudice...and there are NO winners...body counts are body counts and doesn't lessen the tragedy if doled out over years...

It is extremely sad for any loss of life and very hard to understand the extreme hatred for Israel...yet there is someone in there always egging them on...and they don't f*ck around. Kind of like Reagan with Gaddafi....

Somewhere in Ireland

#101 Aug 21, 2014
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
War has no prejudice...and there are NO winners...body counts are body counts and doesn't lessen the tragedy if doled out over years...
It is extremely sad for any loss of life and very hard to understand the extreme hatred for Israel...yet there is someone in there always egging them on...and they don't f*ck around. Kind of like Reagan with Gaddafi....
Yes, and every time the west doesn't f*ck around, "kind of like Regan", the place they don't f*ck around with ends up in an even bigger mess than it was. I don't think it is too difficult to understand why the people of Gaza have a hatred for Israel when you consider how Israel has kept them virtual prisoners in their own land, controlling who and what goes in, and who and what goes out, and how so many are now children without mothers and fathers, mothers and fathers without children, spouse without spouse. I believe that Israel's actions over the past few weeks has ensured that Hamas, or some group like Hamas, will be around for a long time. Israel has been the best recruiting sergeant a group like Hamas could ask for.
What I don't understand, is when certain Christians state that their god has promised to protect Israel, that their god is on Israel's side, yet they also say that if Israel laid down its weapons that Israel would be wiped out. I thought they said their god would protect Israel? Anyway, leaving aside any belief that some deity would look after Israel, does anyone really believe that an outfit like Hamas could wipe out Israel? You could only believe that if you have been on the moon for the last six weeks or so!

Location hidden

#102 Aug 21, 2014
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and every time the west doesn't f*ck around, "kind of like Regan", the place they don't f*ck around with ends up in an even bigger mess than it was. I don't think it is too difficult to understand why the people of Gaza have a hatred for Israel when you consider how Israel has kept them virtual prisoners in their own land, controlling who and what goes in, and who and what goes out, and how so many are now children without mothers and fathers, mothers and fathers without children, spouse without spouse. I believe that Israel's actions over the past few weeks has ensured that Hamas, or some group like Hamas, will be around for a long time. Israel has been the best recruiting sergeant a group like Hamas could ask for.
What I don't understand, is when certain Christians state that their god has promised to protect Israel, that their god is on Israel's side, yet they also say that if Israel laid down its weapons that Israel would be wiped out. I thought they said their god would protect Israel? Anyway, leaving aside any belief that some deity would look after Israel, does anyone really believe that an outfit like Hamas could wipe out Israel? You could only believe that if you have been on the moon for the last six weeks or so!
God bless Israel today with:

in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Thank you Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 3 min Trevor McDonut 9,304
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 8 min ROG 1,842
Jesus admitted he isn't God, so why do Christia... (Oct '11) 17 min Demon Finder 56
God Has Preordained All Things 19 min Demon Finder 4
If the Bible is True Barnsweb is a ... 46 min dollarsbill 90
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 49 min dollarsbill 228
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 1 hr Demon Finder 5,733
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 1 hr Demon Finder 169
Design, Nowhere Evident 3 hr messianic114 255
Dead Sea Scrolls Fail To Mention Jesus 9 hr Blodewedd 40
More from around the web