Was Paul a False Apostle?

Created by Mark on May 29, 2008

1,030 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Iím not sure but he was likely

Iím not sure but I doubt it

I have no idea

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1900 Jul 29, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said in Acts 9:15 that Paul was His chosen vessel to the gentiles. That makes him one sent by Christ, an Apostle of Christ.
Yeah, and I don't see Chop Chop and tahoegirl mentioned in Scripture except for:

Revelation 22:19 (NKJV)
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

And the curses of God.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#1901 Jul 29, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said in Acts 9:15 that Paul was His chosen vessel to the gentiles. That makes him one sent by Christ, an Apostle of Christ.
That's what "Luke" said. Where did he get his information? He doesn't list himself in the narrative as being there until much later, so who told this to Luke? Luke, according the the gospel of Luke was gathering second hand information and writing it down for someone else. So where did Luke get this information? What other reasonable source can we determine but from Paul? And if it is from Paul, and it really happened, which account of meeting Jesus on the road is the true account? Which account of being chosen as an apostle to the Gentiles is correct?

God or Christ would not use a man such as Paul to be His emissary of the truth as who could not even get straight who said what and what the what is!

I'll take a wild guess and say you either believe in Santa Clause or you are not using your head nor the tests of God to know who lies VS who told the truth.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#1902 Jul 29, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, and I don't see Chop Chop and tahoegirl mentioned in Scripture except for:
Revelation 22:19 (NKJV)
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
And the curses of God.
I won't bother you with all the blessings God has given me since turning away from what Paul said and seeking out the will of God as told by the Son and all the holy prophets and apostles.

http://onediscipletoanother.org/id2.html
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#1903 Jul 29, 2014
" He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all. And what He has seen and heard, that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony. He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true. For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand. He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." John 3.

Paul hardly ever taught what Jesus taught, well, hardly ever may be almost never - so little as to be a distraction and not of real benefit. Whoever put Paul in the NT was certainly not inspired of God to do so.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#1904 Jul 29, 2014
He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.

Therefore and thereby I can know Paul was NOT sent by God or Christ.

Paul called Gods instructions death, but Master Y'shua taught them to be light and life and basic requirements to live by, then showed us all the way to life that is eternal - if we just repent to believe and obey Him in whatsoever He said.

Paul was a liar - Jesus said so in Revelation 2,3.

Paul said not to eat meat sacrificed to idols if someone was present that thought it was wrong - where the truth was that it was forbidden - no exceptions.
tahoegirl

Orlando, FL

#1906 Jul 30, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said in Acts 9:15 that Paul was His chosen vessel to the gentiles. That makes him one sent by Christ, an Apostle of Christ.
So there you have it, Jesus is the one who is a liar.

We have 2 contradicting sides of the story.

One side is Jesus saying that there are only 12 Apostles.

Luke 6:13a And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples:

He had many disciples who were with him (Jesus) on this day, he goes on to say:

and of them he chose twelve,

And here is where Jesus makes his lie, he says he chose only 12 of all the disciples.

whom also he named apostles;

Jesus lies about these 12 he called and says he called them Apostles.

Then Jesus continues lying to all the people who believed in him by saying:

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Here Jesus tell his big lie saying that when he sits on his throne, that these 12 Apostles will will sit on 12 thrones to judge 12 tribes, he duped the 12 Apostles because Jesus couldn't be who he says he is when he didn't know that he was going to be needing a chosen vessel named Paul to be the 13th Apostle.

And then Jesus is so much of a loser that in Revelation he again lies to these same duped 12 Apostles saying:

Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

So Jesus is a liar again in that he doesn't know what he is talking about the New Jerusalem or the foundation stones there of.

SO WE HAVE IT FROM dollarbill and oldGT that Jesus Christ is the liar.

Paul is the one who is telling the truth not Jesus, Paul know how many Apostles there are not Jesus.

Paul is more inspired than Jesus, Paul is a higher authority than Jesus.

Jesus is mistaken when he says 12 Apostles sitting on12 throne to judge 12 tribes and to be the 12 foundation stones of the New Jerusalem, Jesus was WRONG.

BUT WAIT, Paul says he is a follower of this liar JESUS, so now we have 1 liar following another liar according to dollarbill and oldGT.

Should we follow either one of these liars, I would say God forbid.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#1908 Jul 30, 2014
tahoegirl wrote:
<quoted text>
So there you have it, Jesus is the one who is a liar.
We have 2 contradicting sides of the story.
One side is Jesus saying that there are only 12 Apostles.
Luke 6:13a And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples:
He had many disciples who were with him (Jesus) on this day, he goes on to say:
and of them he chose twelve,
And here is where Jesus makes his lie, he says he chose only 12 of all the disciples.
whom also he named apostles;
Jesus lies about these 12 he called and says he called them Apostles.
Then Jesus continues lying to all the people who believed in him by saying:
Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Here Jesus tell his big lie saying that when he sits on his throne, that these 12 Apostles will will sit on 12 thrones to judge 12 tribes, he duped the 12 Apostles because Jesus couldn't be who he says he is when he didn't know that he was going to be needing a chosen vessel named Paul to be the 13th Apostle.
And then Jesus is so much of a loser that in Revelation he again lies to these same duped 12 Apostles saying:
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
So Jesus is a liar again in that he doesn't know what he is talking about the New Jerusalem or the foundation stones there of.
SO WE HAVE IT FROM dollarbill and oldGT that Jesus Christ is the liar.
Paul is the one who is telling the truth not Jesus, Paul know how many Apostles there are not Jesus.
Paul is more inspired than Jesus, Paul is a higher authority than Jesus.
Jesus is mistaken when he says 12 Apostles sitting on12 throne to judge 12 tribes and to be the 12 foundation stones of the New Jerusalem, Jesus was WRONG.
BUT WAIT, Paul says he is a follower of this liar JESUS, so now we have 1 liar following another liar according to dollarbill and oldGT.
Should we follow either one of these liars, I would say God forbid.
Why do you have to go off frothing at the mouth? Why can't you handle a reasonable discussion?
Jesus chose 12 as Apostles to the Jews and Samarians. There is the honor as the foundation of New Jerusalem.
If Jesus wanted to then choose an Apostle to the gentiles, He can do whatever He wants. His church. And that is what the Bible says in Acts 9:15.
Barnsweb

Lewis Center, OH

#1909 Jul 30, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you have to go off frothing at the mouth? Why can't you handle a reasonable discussion?
Jesus chose 12 as Apostles to the Jews and Samarians. There is the honor as the foundation of New Jerusalem.
If Jesus wanted to then choose an Apostle to the gentiles, He can do whatever He wants. His church. And that is what the Bible says in Acts 9:15.
Look at the records. The gospel was to go to all nations. No new apostles to each nation or ethnic group - and Acts has Peter taking the gospel to the Gentiles....there was no need for Paul to be chosen to go to the Gentiles, and on top of this we find the records are that Paul was going to the Jews as well - violating his supposed "appointment".
tahoegirl

Orlando, FL

#1911 Aug 1, 2014
This site is temporarily unavailable
If you manage this site and have a question about why the site is not available, please contact Dotster directly. Why do I get this message when I try to get to the last page
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#1912 Aug 1, 2014
tahoegirl wrote:
This site is temporarily unavailable
If you manage this site and have a question about why the site is not available, please contact Dotster directly. Why do I get this message when I try to get to the last page
Im getting it to. For whatever reason you can still reach topics directly though
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#1913 Aug 2, 2014
Well, we're up and running today!;-) The same message came up for me as well....

The link about Paul perverting the very eternal covenant God made with Abraham is one of the most eye opening things I've read recently. It's near the back of DelTondo's book, but I haven't checked his site to see if it's there. It's such a blessing to have sound reasoning with the true witnesses of God that show the false witnesses to be what they are as the truth from God shines right through them!:-)

Praise God and Yeshua for their faithfulness, goodness and truth!
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#1914 Aug 2, 2014
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#1915 Aug 5, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the records. The gospel was to go to all nations. No new apostles to each nation or ethnic group - and Acts has Peter taking the gospel to the Gentiles....there was no need for Paul to be chosen to go to the Gentiles, and on top of this we find the records are that Paul was going to the Jews as well - violating his supposed "appointment".
Paul's "appointment" in Acts 9:15 says that he was to go before gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. So there was no violation. So you don't know what you are talking about.
Acts 9:15 states Paul's appointment to be an Apostle.
You don't believe Luke? How do you know Peter went to the gentiles?
Do you believe Jesus ascended to heaven, Acts 1:9?
Do you believe the Holy Spirit came on Pentecost, Acts 2:1-4?
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#1916 Aug 5, 2014
tahoegirl wrote:
<quoted text>
So there you have it, Jesus is the one who is a liar.
We have 2 contradicting sides of the story.
One side is Jesus saying that there are only 12 Apostles.
Luke 6:13a And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples:
He had many disciples who were with him (Jesus) on this day, he goes on to say:
and of them he chose twelve,
And here is where Jesus makes his lie, he says he chose only 12 of all the disciples.
whom also he named apostles;
Jesus lies about these 12 he called and says he called them Apostles.
Then Jesus continues lying to all the people who believed in him by saying:
Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Here Jesus tell his big lie saying that when he sits on his throne, that these 12 Apostles will will sit on 12 thrones to judge 12 tribes, he duped the 12 Apostles because Jesus couldn't be who he says he is when he didn't know that he was going to be needing a chosen vessel named Paul to be the 13th Apostle.
And then Jesus is so much of a loser that in Revelation he again lies to these same duped 12 Apostles saying:
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
So Jesus is a liar again in that he doesn't know what he is talking about the New Jerusalem or the foundation stones there of.
SO WE HAVE IT FROM dollarbill and oldGT that Jesus Christ is the liar.
Paul is the one who is telling the truth not Jesus, Paul know how many Apostles there are not Jesus.
Paul is more inspired than Jesus, Paul is a higher authority than Jesus.
Jesus is mistaken when he says 12 Apostles sitting on12 throne to judge 12 tribes and to be the 12 foundation stones of the New Jerusalem, Jesus was WRONG.
BUT WAIT, Paul says he is a follower of this liar JESUS, so now we have 1 liar following another liar according to dollarbill and oldGT.
Should we follow either one of these liars, I would say God forbid.
Where does Jesus say "only"?
Where?
Where does Jesus say "ONLY"?
WHERE??

You put words in Jesus' mouth that He did not say.

And then you claim that Jesus was a liar!

You put words in Jesus' mouth!

Then you say Jesus was a liar!

because of words you put in His mouth!


Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#1917 Aug 5, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>Paul's "appointment" in Acts 9:15 says that he was to go before gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. So there was no violation. So you don't know what you are talking about.
Acts 9:15 states Paul's appointment to be an Apostle.
You don't believe Luke? How do you know Peter went to the gentiles?
Do you believe Jesus ascended to heaven, Acts 1:9?
Do you believe the Holy Spirit came on Pentecost, Acts 2:1-4?
What I believe is that God and Christ gave the same directions to know who speaks the words of God and who doesn't. Be the claim to be a Christ, Apostle, Prophet, Teacher, or whatever - God and Christ gave directions to know the true and to know the false. Those deceived will not end up the same as those faithful to do as God instructed.

Anyone who would supplant the eternal covenant of God to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is not anyone I care to listen to. I'll take the words of God over the words of Paul any day:-)

Go back to your prison hole and stare at the shadows on the wall.
Old GT

Carmel, IN

#1918 Aug 5, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
What I believe is that God and Christ gave the same directions to know who speaks the words of God and who doesn't. Be the claim to be a Christ, Apostle, Prophet, Teacher, or whatever - God and Christ gave directions to know the true and to know the false. Those deceived will not end up the same as those faithful to do as God instructed.
Anyone who would supplant the eternal covenant of God to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is not anyone I care to listen to. I'll take the words of God over the words of Paul any day:-)
Go back to your prison hole and stare at the shadows on the wall.
Dou believe the Holy Spirit fell on the Apostles at Pentecost, Acts 2:4?

Acts 15:23-29


Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#1919 Aug 5, 2014
I believe God gave His Spirit to us to do just as He said in Ezekiel 36...
tahoegirl

Orlando, FL

#1920 Aug 5, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does Jesus say "only"?
Where?
Where does Jesus say "ONLY"?
WHERE?

He doesn't have to say only, he say's he picked 12, and if he picked 12 and only 12 then it is good enough for me that he picked only 12 Apostles. This is all you can come up with to quibble about after 5 days of no response?

You put words in Jesus' mouth that He did not say.
And then you claim that Jesus was a liar!
You put words in Jesus' mouth!
Then you say Jesus was a liar!
because of words you put in His mouth!
Since I said "only" I added 1 word that Jesus says he picked 12 Apostles.

He never says he picked more than 12 or less than 12 Apostles any where he speaks of the 12 Apostles, neither in Mathew , Mark or Luke and for that matter in John's Revelation.

Never once does he use any number other than 12 for the number of the amount of Apostles, so therefore you can say that there are only 12 Apostles.

AND SINCE HE SAYS THAT THERE ARE 12 APOSTLES FOR THE FOUNDATION STONES FOR THE NEW JERUSALEM YOU CAN ALSO EXTRAPOLATE THAT THERE ARE ALSO ONLY 12 APOSTLES FOR ALL TIME.

I am sorry that you also don't understand the sarcasm of me saying Jesus was a liar, when in fact I was clearly saying, thru sarcasm, that in fact it was you that has called Jesus a liar, when you agree with Paul. When Paul says that there are more Apostles than Jesus says there are Paul is calling Jesus a liar also. So when you agree with Paul in opposition to what Jesus says then you also are calling Jesus a liar also. But I know you aren't that stupid, you understand exactly what I have said in a sarcastic way, but you have nothing of real value to oppose what I have said so you have to come up with these stupidity's to try to prove your unprovable positions, I get it.

You can repeat every thing 2,3 or 4 times or more but that still doesn't prove that Paul was a true Apostle of Jesus Christ. Please show your evidence that there are more or less than 12 APOSTLES, and if you could do that then you could then say Paul is not a liar, but you can not, because in 5 different places in bible Jesus not only says the word Apostles, but every single time without exception when he says Apostle he also says the number 12.

As you repeat every thing 2, 3 or 4 times, you do this for a reason to make your point, also Jesus, also says 12 Apostles 5 times in scriptures to prove his point, that he intended 12 Apostles only for all time. Do you so hate Jesus and so love Paul that it is impossible for you to see a clear cut repetitive teaching by Jesus that he picked 12 not 13 or any other number of Apostles. Have ears to hear what Jesus said, have eyes to see these verses saying 12 Apostles 5 separate times, My God Man Wake Up !!!!!!
tahoegirl

Orlando, FL

#1921 Aug 5, 2014
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does Jesus say "only"?
Where?
Where does Jesus say "ONLY"?
WHERE??
You put words in Jesus' mouth that He did not say.
And then you claim that Jesus was a liar!
You put words in Jesus' mouth!
Then you say Jesus was a liar!
because of words you put in His mouth!
If I said that I own 12 Cars.

And in 5 different places I say I own 12 cars.

And I give the 12 names of the 12 cars in 3 places in a testimony.

And then I say that these 12 cars sit in a 12 car garage with12 spaces.

And then I say that these 12 cars will have there 12 names on the floor of the Garage..

Then some car comes along and says it is the 13th car, than that car calls me a liar.

But there are only 12 spaces in my 12 car garage with 12 names on the floor.

Either I have lied or this other car has lied but I have no place in the garage to park this 13th car because each car in the garage is in it space where it name is in the garage.

You can only put 12 cars in a 12 car garage, not 13.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1922 Aug 6, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't bother you with all the blessings God has given me since turning away from what Paul said and seeking out the will of God as told by the Son and all the holy prophets and apostles.
http://onediscipletoanother.org/id2.html
God bless you with:

Proverbs 3:33 (NKJV)
33 The curse of the LORD is on the house of the wicked,

in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 9 min janeebee 364
Before The Big Bang 11 min Gary Coaldigger 3,760
Nearly all Christians are Frauds 15 min QUITTNER Apr 25 2015 5
Jesus is comimg > GET READY < 18 min Just the Truth 7
Bruce Jenner, super-freak 24 min Just the Truth 5
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 35 min Good-Evil 3,357
I say to Christians - just acknowledge your pas... 51 min Old GT 30
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 1 hr truthandcommonsense 2,691
More from around the web