The New Covenant?
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#148 May 10, 2014
Jesus Is wrote:
PSALM 51:16-17
'
'For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.'

Calm down guy...no one was saying people celebrating passover should be making sacrifices for sin. I know you guys want to be teachers and quick to speak but you have to learn to read things in context first.Now go back and digest all of what I said. Thanks :)

no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#149 May 10, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
You show an interesting point. Note a line was drawn - those on one side call it "Easter", those on the other side call it Passover. Could it be that Rome intended this perversion?
The root word for Easter has nothing to do with Pascua.
Words do have root meanings.

Exactly and good question.

no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#150 May 10, 2014

continuation:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps, you should examine the chronology, then, because at that time, Lazarus was still alive.

No, perhaps you forgot that Lazarus had physically died once before Jesus brought him back from his rest. And you're also forgetting that Jesus could transform himself to know the conditions both were in (whether still alive or after they died)

Another thing is I don't know why you want to equate this discussion about where the righteous and unrighteous go after physical death with the resurrection. The resurrection is way down the line. Just because dead spirits in agony roam the earth troubling people doesn't mean they have been resurrected.

no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#151 May 10, 2014
dead spirits (souls who rejected God while alive)-----roam
living spirits (souls who were obedient to God while alive)----rest

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#153 May 10, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
I know what the parable meant and what it represents but it also gives us insight to what happens after people physically die.
Can you explain the following, please?

Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Ecclesiastes 9:4-5 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Psalm 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Psalm 88:10 Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Acts 2:29, 34 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day... For David is not ascended into the heavens."
no-one-special wrote:
If it wasn't then explain why Samuel didn't want to be awoken from his "rest" after he physically died. Also, explain why God forbids mediums and spiritists, if dead spirits (demons) don't roam the earth in the heavenly realms.
So, rather than answering my questions as to whether the most High would allow a witch to summon his deceased prophet, you decided to ask me for explanations.

The answer is simple and based on my understanding of the above scriptures. It wasn't Samuel. It was a demon. The demon only appeared as Samuel. But, because Saul had relied on a person and a practice that's forbidden by law and considered abominable, the demon had no choice but to rebuke Saul for his folly.

Considering all the verses I've asked that you explain, is it possible that either, Samuel was raised from the dead, or that Abraham and this "rich man" had a conversation after they died?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#154 May 10, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
Strawman...You know what I meant.
Strawman? I think not. And apparently, no I didn't, or I wouldn't have responded the way I did. Sometimes, it's hard to understand your posts.
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#155 May 10, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is simple and based on my understanding of the above scriptures. It wasn't Samuel. It was a demon. The demon only appeared as Samuel. But, because Saul had relied on a person and a practice that's forbidden by law and considered abominable, the demon had no choice but to rebuke Saul for his folly.
Considering all the verses I've asked that you explain, is it possible that either, Samuel was raised from the dead, or that Abraham and this "rich man" had a conversation after they died?

lol......you guys so want to be teachers but have yet to learn to take into account all things written in Scripture. Believe what you want. Thank you for your time. Have a good day :)

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#156 May 10, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
No, perhaps you forgot that Lazarus had physically died once before Jesus brought him back from his rest.
Nobody can check the chronology of the time our anointed Savior taught that parable and when Lazarus actually died, because of all four gospels, only "John" mentions Lazarus as more than just a parabolic figure. Other than John, "Luke" mentions Lazarus, but only in the parable.
no-one-special wrote:
And you're also forgetting that Jesus could transform himself to know the conditions both were in (whether still alive or after they died)
Forgot? I wasn't aware. Can you provide a verse that proves as much?
no-one-special wrote:
Another thing is I don't know why you want to equate this discussion about where the righteous and unrighteous go after physical death with the resurrection. The resurrection is way down the line. Just because dead spirits in agony roam the earth troubling people doesn't mean they have been resurrected.
My point is that everybody goes to what's called "hell" when they die, and not one person knows they're dead after they've died. Those that have died won't even realize they've died until after they've been resurrected. Until then, though, they'll have no idea. And nothing in the Bible says otherwise, even the PARABLE taught by our anointed Savior.

Don't think for one second that I haven't noticed the scriptures and points I've provided that you ignore in order to continue in this discussion.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#157 May 10, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
lol......you guys so want to be teachers but have yet to learn to take into account all things written in Scripture. Believe what you want. Thank you for your time. Have a good day :)
So, it's easier to just resort to insults rather than explain the verses I quoted that takes into account all things written in scripture. Duly noted. And I will believe what I want, as long as my beliefs don't contradict what's written.

Discussion over, this is.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#158 May 10, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
dead spirits (souls who rejected God while alive)-----roam
living spirits (souls who were obedient to God while alive)----rest
Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Nope. Doesn't sound like any roaming going on in the above verses. Perhaps, I'm not taking into consideration what the whole Bible teaches. I dunno.
no-one-special

Mexico

#159 May 10, 2014

And for the listens, go back and see what I said about those who find "rest" being unaware of anything until the resurrection and also what Jesus showed us about the great chasm.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#160 May 10, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
Reading this for the second time, I got a chuckle out of it.

Of the two of us, who always provides scriptures that prove the points being made?

Of the two of us, who always provides explanations to the scriptures provided?

Of the two of us, who always provides scriptures from various places throughout the Bible?

And I've yet to learn to take into account all things written in scripture.

Unbelievable.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#161 May 10, 2014
Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Ecclesiastes 9:4-5 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Psalm 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Psalm 88:10 Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Acts 2:29, 34 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day... For David is not ascended into the heavens.

As proven by the above verses, not one person knows they're dead once they've died. But, we do have scriptures that declare that the most High is not a "God" of the dead, but of the living (Matt 22:32). What does this mean, though?

All people must face judgment on that day. But, many people have proven themselves worthy of everlasting life before they died. Because of this, their names weren't blotted out of the Book of Life. And because they're names remain in the Book of Life, they're perceived as "living."

Revelation 20:11-13
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#162 May 10, 2014
Jesus Is wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT WHAT WAS THE DAY NAMED WHEN GOD RESTED?
Sunday morning in Australia is still Saturday on the other side of the world!
Different languages have different names for the day. Not everybody in the world observes the Sabbath at the same time.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#163 May 10, 2014
Luke 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#164 May 10, 2014
Genesis 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days YHWH made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore YHWH blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Genesis 1:3-5 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

By the chronology set up by the most High Himself, the Sabbath has always been and always will be from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown. The Sabbath can never be observed on another day, or time.
no-one-special

Mexico

#165 May 10, 2014

Oh and listener, realize that there is a difference between isolating passages to make biblicical concepts and words mean what you want them mean and taking into account all things written to allow the bible interpret and translate itself.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#166 May 10, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
Oh and listener, realize that there is a difference between isolating passages to make biblicical concepts and words mean what you want them mean and taking into account all things written to allow the bible interpret and translate itself.
Perhaps, you can show the "listeners" - and not readers - what you mean by explaining the context in all the verses I quoted. Show them how I've taken the verses out of context and made them contradict what's written throughout the rest of the Bible. That's a great idea, isn't it? Or, are the "listeners" just not worth your time and consideration?

And while you're at it, because the "listeners" are worth your time and consideration, explain how that every parable taught by our anointed Savior derived from an actual occurrence and how they're not just symbolic - because apparently, the parable called "The Rich Man and Lazarus" actually occurred.

I'll be waiting, too. And please provide scriptural evidence.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#167 May 10, 2014
Just got my new read today, authored by a couple of Rabbi's who are not Christians, but who have made extensive study of the NT and its teachings. One opening comment was that the original Christians never considered they were coming up with a new "Torah" or Law. What it was likened to - as related to US matters:

They weren't writing a new Constitution, but attaching a Bill of Rights to the Constitution that furthered the religion as more relationship with God, not a different God or set of foundational rules that set aside those which came before - it was an improvement that still kept the old rules intact.

Seems like a good thought to consider - just passing it on.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#168 May 10, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
Just got my new read today, authored by a couple of Rabbi's who are not Christians, but who have made extensive study of the NT and its teachings. One opening comment was that the original Christians never considered they were coming up with a new "Torah" or Law. What it was likened to - as related to US matters:
They weren't writing a new Constitution, but attaching a Bill of Rights to the Constitution that furthered the religion as more relationship with God, not a different God or set of foundational rules that set aside those which came before - it was an improvement that still kept the old rules intact.
Seems like a good thought to consider - just passing it on.
It's funny you say that, because I've been saying for years that our anointed Savior never intended on founding a new religion, but came to reform the religion that was already established.

The term "Christianity" only came to be because people started calling the Hellenized followers of our anointed Savior "Christian." And that's the main reason I call my religion "Mashiyachiym" and not "Christian."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 23 min Big Al 84,649
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 37 min Big Al 692
Early Christianity 55 min Barmsweb 1,788
Longinus Chronicles - Fighting for Christ 1 hr Barmsweb 43
Barnsweb's own NT calls him "ignorant" "untaugh... 1 hr Barmsweb 86
Faith during hard times 2 hr ROG 12
Is it a sin to show your bare body to the world? (Oct '09) 14 hr P0D has returned 32
More from around the web