The New Covenant?
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#125 May 9, 2014
Yah Fearing Scientist wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree... Got rapture? LOL!
If anybody should have been raptured before physically dying it should have been Jesus but he partook in flesh and blood to free those who feared death. In other words, aint nobody going nowhere...lol

Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#129 May 10, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Sabbath is on the seventh day of the week, or Saturday. It honors the creator God who created everything in six days and rested on the seventh day. It was a very important commandment and identifies those who observe it to be children of the creator, the living God of Israel.
BUT WHAT WAS THE DAY NAMED WHEN GOD RESTED?
Sunday morning in Australia is still Saturday on the other side of the world!
Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#130 May 10, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
correction : "for Gentiles to observe Passover." Instead Gentiles turned over the centuries turned this day into the their own celebration of Ishtar (Easter) and judge other who don't observe it.
EASTER IN OTHER LANGUAGES;

English Easter
German Ostern
Samoan Eseta

Names derived from the Hebrew Pesach (Passover)
Latin Pascha or Festa Paschalia
Greek &#928;&#940;&#963; &#967;&#945; (Paskha)
Afrikaans Paasfees
Arabic &#1593;&#1610;&#15 83; &#1575;&#1604;&#16 01;&#1589;&#1581; (&#703;&#298;du l-Fi&#7779;&#7717;)
Bulgarian &#1055;&#1072;&#10 89;&#1093;&#1072; (Paskha)
Catalan Pasqua
Danish Påske
Dutch Pasen
Esperanto Pasko
Finnish Pääsiäinen
French Pâques
Icelandic Páskar
Indonesian Paskah
Irish Cáisc
Italian Pasqua
Lower Rhine German Paisken
Norwegian Påske Tagalog (Philippines) Pasko ng Muling Pagkabuhay (literally "the Pasch of the Resurrection")

Polish Pascha
Portuguese Páscoa
Romanian Pa&#351;ti
Russian &#1055;&#1072;&#10 89;&#1093;&#1072; (Paskha)
Scottish Gaelic Casca
Spanish Pascua
Swedish Påsk
Turkish Paskalya
Welsh Pasg
Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#131 May 10, 2014
PSALM 40:6-8 (New International Version) AUTHOR KING DAVID:

'6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.'

Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#132 May 10, 2014
HOSEA 6:6
'For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.'
Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#133 May 10, 2014
PROVERBS 21:3

'To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.'
Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#134 May 10, 2014
PSALM 40:6

'In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required.'
Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#135 May 10, 2014
PSALM 51:16-17
'
'For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.'
Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#136 May 10, 2014
1 SAMUEL 15:22

'And Samuel said,“Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams.'
Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#137 May 10, 2014
MARK 2:27:

'27Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.'
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#138 May 10, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Greetings, salutations, and shalowm.
To understand the new covenant, it's a must we understand, first, the stipulations of the old covenant.
Jeremiah 31:31-33
31 Behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith YHWH:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith YHWH, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
In verse 31, we read how this new covenant is mentioned. In verse 32, the most High explains that this "new covenant" will not be the same as that given when Israel was delivered from Egypt. And at verse 33, it's said that the difference between the old and the new is that the law will be inscribed within men and on our hearts.
Jumping ahead to the observance of Passover by our anointed Savior and his eleven apostles, Matthew 26:27-28 says, "And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."
As our anointed Savior related this wine to his own blood, it's obvious then, that blood is the binding stipulation of both covenants. When Israel was being delivered from Egypt, it's written, "For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt (Ex 12:12-13)." Now, what's the significance.
As our anointed Savior declared that his blood was for remission of sins, it was told to Israel that by the sight of the sacrificial blood, they would be spared from the most High's wrath. The result is identical in both cases, then. The blood of our anointed Savior, like that of the sacrificial beast in ancient times, guaranteed that the wrath of the most High would again pass over Israel..
Great post Brotherlee;-)

The only thing I'd add off=hand is that Ezekiel 36 says God sent His Spirit to write His instructions on our hearts. The blood of Jesus, shed on the cross, redeemed us, paid the price for our sins, but it's the Spirit that writes His instructions on our hearts that we desire to do as God has informed us - through the Torah, Psalms, Prophets, and the words of Jesus Christ conveyed to us by His original disciples who had divinely inspired recall of His words that lead to eternal life. His pathway is the highway to heaven:-)(Is. 34) If we believe, shouldn't we do as He said? "Why do you call me "Lord", and not do as I say?"
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#139 May 10, 2014
Jesus Is wrote:
<quoted text>
EASTER IN OTHER LANGUAGES;
English Easter
German Ostern
Samoan Eseta
Names derived from the Hebrew Pesach (Passover)
Latin Pascha or Festa Paschalia
Greek &#928;&#940;&#963; &#967;&#945; (Paskha)
Afrikaans Paasfees
Arabic &#1593;&#1610;&#15 83; &#1575;&#1604;&#16 01;&#1589;&#1581; (&#703;&#298;du l-Fi&#7779;&#7717;)
Bulgarian &#1055;&#1072;&#10 89;&#1093;&#1072; (Paskha)
Catalan Pasqua
Danish Påske
Dutch Pasen
Esperanto Pasko
Finnish Pääsiäinen
French Pâques
Icelandic Páskar
Indonesian Paskah
Irish Cáisc
Italian Pasqua
Lower Rhine German Paisken
Norwegian Påske Tagalog (Philippines) Pasko ng Muling Pagkabuhay (literally "the Pasch of the Resurrection")
Polish Pascha
Portuguese Páscoa
Romanian Pa&#351;ti
Russian &#1055;&#1072;&#10 89;&#1093;&#1072; (Paskha)
Scottish Gaelic Casca
Spanish Pascua
Swedish Påsk
Turkish Paskalya
Welsh Pasg
You show an interesting point. Note a line was drawn - those on one side call it "Easter", those on the other side call it Passover. Could it be that Rome intended this perversion?

The root word for Easter has nothing to do with Pascua.

Words do have root meanings.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#140 May 10, 2014
Another example is to define what "love" for God means.

God defined it.
Jesus defined it.
The twelve apostles defined it.
The Prophets and Psalms defined it.

Paul and the Greek gave us a different meaning than was already given.

Whose definition should we regard for what loving God means?
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#141 May 10, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post Brotherlee;-)
The only thing I'd add off=hand is that Ezekiel 36 says God sent His Spirit to write His instructions on our hearts. The blood of Jesus, shed on the cross, redeemed us, paid the price for our sins, but it's the Spirit that writes His instructions on our hearts that we desire to do as God has informed us - through the Torah, Psalms, Prophets, and the words of Jesus Christ conveyed to us by His original disciples who had divinely inspired recall of His words that lead to eternal life. His pathway is the highway to heaven:-)(Is. 34) If we believe, shouldn't we do as He said? "Why do you call me "Lord", and not do as I say?"
That was off handedly off a chapter - sorry....

Isaiah 35:8

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#142 May 10, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
Not to be taken literal. Lazerus and the rich man were real people who Jesus had come into contact with and both died prior to Jesus speaking of their condition after their deaths.BTW... You think our anointed Saviour who transformed himself didn't know the condition of those two men (Lazerus and the rich man) after they physically died? Come on BBL. You're smarter than that.
Perhaps, you should examine the chronology, then, because at that time, Lazarus was still alive. And considering that it was only a parable, the proverbial "rich man" could have been anybody. But, considering that, again, it was a parable, the "rich man" represents the priesthood and not just one man.

The idea that something like a spirit or ghost survives death derived from ancient, pagan religion and was adopted by the Hellenistes. The Hellenistes were Israelites that were born and raised as Greeks. Some of these beliefs filtered into the belief-system of the Jews, as well. Our anointed Savior was well aware of this, so he utilized such a belief in order to illustrate his point.

no-one-special... I've provided numerous scriptures that declare how that death means just that - death. And as the scriptures explain, there's neither thought nor consciousness in death. To believe that Abraham, Lazarus, and this rich man are exempt is to believe that our anointed Savior contradicted scriptures, and we know that could never be true. Perhaps, it's wise that you examine the scriptures I provided.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#143 May 10, 2014
comment wrote:
But there are other verses that do indicate the cessation of the old law,
Hebrews 8:13
the substitution of the law of Christ which is love, Rom 13:8
the supremacy of the new law. Heb 8:6
and that new covenant believers are released from that law. Rom. 7:4, Gal. 3:25
If you are so inclined, please explain why these verses do not merit consideration as indicative, of the termination of the authority of the Mosaic covenant.
Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

What vanished away is the sacrifice of beasts.

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

The above is a true statement. But, what we can't do is separate the definition of love from how the most High defines love. We can't lust after our neighbor's spouse and think that it's love just because we haven't attempted to lie with them. Nor can we think it's love if we steal from one another. But, to not lust after our neighbor's spouse and to be content with such things as we have so as not to want to steal from another is fulfilling the law of love.
When it says "Owe no man any thing," this means that we're not to put ourselves in debt to anyone. This means that we should never miss an opportunity to love when an opportunity presents itself. And if we do, then we're to pray, "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors." Remember, though, that love is only defined by the most High. As it's written, "For all this I considered in my heart even to declare all this, that the righteous, and the wise, and their works, are in the hand of God: no man knoweth either love or hatred by all that is before them (Eccl 9:1)."

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Again, we must understand such verses as the above within the confines of the covenants, themselves. Both, the old and new covenants were established by blood. This says nothing in regards to the moral laws found within the law.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

The confusion comes from Paul's use of general terminology. Because of this, we tend to misunderstand Paul's definition of "law" rather than understanding his meaning from the context. My typical question to those that believe Paul meant the whole law is this; What fruit can we bring forth unto "God" without the moral law? In this case, the law we're delivered from is that of the penalty of death. Being delivered from the death penalty allows us time to learn the spiritual aspects of the law which is greater than the "oldness of the letter (Rom 7:6)."

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

What Paul meant, here, is that after being taught how to make the law a natural part of us, based on genuine love and not on fear of consequence, then the written law should no longer be necessary. As it's written, "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine." And also, "For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified (Rom 2:13)." Upon careful examination, we'll notice that Paul never taught that the law was done away with. Only certain precepts were fulfilled.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#144 May 10, 2014
no-one-special wrote:
Yes, those who find "rest" after physical death will not be aware of anything between them dying and the ressurection. It will be like a twinkling of an eye
Exactly.
no-one-special wrote:
and yes, the first fruits were ressurected and reigned with Christ for the first thousand years.
Can you provide any evidence that proves that the first resurrection has already occurred? 2Timothy 2:18 says, "Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some."
no-one-special wrote:
But going back to the point I was making about the the rich man and Lazerus. The rich man who Jesus had come into contact with also and died prior to Jesus speaking of the condition the rich man was aware of after his physical death. Some of Jesus' listeners might not have understood why he was saying this but to those of us who understand that he (Jesus) could transform himself to see the conditions both were in, know it was literal.
Will you have me believe that Lazarus, literally, sat beneath the table of some rich guy and waited for crumbs to fall from his table?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#145 May 10, 2014
Colossians 2:16-17 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

A most common misconception is that the above verse proves that people were still observing such things as holy days, new moons, and Sabbaths, so forth and so on. But, again, this is a misconception and misunderstanding.

What Paul was saying is that these believers should not give others opportunity to judge them for continuing in those things that were already fulfilled on the cross. Ceremonially, there was certain meats and drinks that were allowed and only so much. But, the ceremonial laws had been fulfilled on the cross, so it was unnecessary to continue in them. The same can be said of the holy days and Sabbaths. They were all shadows of better things to come, and they became fulfilled, as well. The only holy day and Sabbath that must be recognized is that of Passover and the seventh-day Sabbath. But, even in that, the precepts of these observances have been fulfilled.
no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#146 May 10, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps, you should examine the chronology, then, because at that time, Lazarus was still alive. And considering that it was only a parable, the proverbial "rich man" could have been anybody. But, considering that, again, it was a parable, the "rich man" represents the priesthood and not just one man.
The idea that something like a spirit or ghost survives death derived from ancient, pagan religion and was adopted by the Hellenistes. The Hellenistes were Israelites that were born and raised as Greeks. Some of these beliefs filtered into the belief-system of the Jews, as well. Our anointed Savior was well aware of this, so he utilized such a belief in order to illustrate his point.
no-one-special... I've provided numerous scriptures that declare how that death means just that - death. And as the scriptures explain, there's neither thought nor consciousness in death. To believe that Abraham, Lazarus, and this rich man are exempt is to believe that our anointed Savior contradicted scriptures, and we know that could never be true. Perhaps, it's wise that you examine the scriptures I provided.

I know what the parable meant and what it represents but it also gives us insight to what happens after people physically die. If it wasn't then explain why Samuel didn't want to be awoken from his "rest" after he physically died. Also, explain why God forbids mediums and spiritists, if dead spirits (demons) don't roam the earth in the heavenly realms.

no-one-special

Mérida, Mexico

#147 May 10, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.
<quoted text>Can you provide any evidence that proves that the first resurrection has already occurred? 2Timothy 2:18 says, "Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some."

Strawman...You know what I meant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hospice Care or Murder? (Jan '13) 1 hr fallen angel 111
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 6 hr fallen angel 1,206
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 7 hr fallen angel 340
judgment coming to america 9 hr fallen angel 55
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 9 hr fallen angel 2,114
Israel is anti christ, literally 9 hr fallen angel 46
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 9 hr fallen angel 1,098
More from around the web