The New Covenant?
First Prev
of 24
Next Last
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#494 Jul 13, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. And it's nice to be back, although my "return" and contributions won't be as often. Access online has become quite limited. But, anywho...
Understood. Hope all is well with you and yours :)
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>If you examine them thoroughly, you'll realize that they do.
Returning to the discussion as to how certain and specific precepts of the old covenant became fulfilled, prompting the beginning of the new covenant, you'll realize how that a constructing of another, literal temple is not part of the most High's plan. My reason for posting what I did was to show how that Moses and the prophets prophesied of the most High's plan, and the role my anointed Savior impersonated in order to fulfill the most High's will.
You keep saying that about the temple. But to believe that I have to ignore what Ezekiel said. Thats what I meant by "it doesnt touch" what we were discussing. It doesnt address why Ezekiel prophesied about a LITERAL temple that hasnt been here yet.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Allow me to say this. please and if you will. First, Satan is the most subtle and deceptive of all creation. But, secondly and more now than any other time in history, people are researching most thoroughly the prophecies of the Bible. Many already await the appearance of the lawless one and expect him to exalt himself, and to sit in some temple as if he were Father "God." Of a surety, such a pretentious display will not gather many followers when so many are already preparing the so-called "Christian" world for his rise to infamy. But, for those that believe that the most High will allow for another, literal temple to be erected and as they wait, the son of perdition will be rising to prominence in the temple not built with hands. The wheat and the tares will, indeed, grow together until the harvest.
Your belief in the temple not existing again, contradicts Ezekiel. Thats why a time ago I asked you if I could bring SPECIFIC verses from Ezekiel so you could explain why it wasnt a literal temple, why it didnt apply to the TEMPLE after Ezekiel, and why its not referring to a future temple. All your beliefs are ignoring that FACT that Ezekiel prophesied about a temple where God would dwell with His people again FOREVER. Its either a true prophecy or a false one. Not one where we run to Paul to have him explain why Ezekiel didnt mean what he seemed to mean.

As well, the "new covenant" is simple according to Jeremiah. The law will be written on ISRAEL and JUDAH'S hearts (and those gathered with them). They will not have to teach each other about God and His law, but EACH ONE will know God least to greatest. Thats what Jeremiah 31 states. All the extra stuff (such as the law being abolished and not to be followed anymore for an example that some christians say) is from the words of men.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#495 Jul 14, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
Understood. Hope all is well with you and yours :)
Thank you, very much, and likewise.
Flygerian wrote:
You keep saying that about the temple. But to believe that I have to ignore what Ezekiel said. Thats what I meant by "it doesnt touch" what we were discussing. It doesnt address why Ezekiel prophesied about a LITERAL temple that hasnt been here yet.

Your belief in the temple not existing again, contradicts Ezekiel. Thats why a time ago I asked you if I could bring SPECIFIC verses from Ezekiel so you could explain why it wasnt a literal temple, why it didnt apply to the TEMPLE after Ezekiel, and why its not referring to a future temple. All your beliefs are ignoring that FACT that Ezekiel prophesied about a temple where God would dwell with His people again FOREVER. Its either a true prophecy or a false one. Not one where we run to Paul to have him explain why Ezekiel didnt mean what he seemed to mean.
I explained already how that the temple was a vision that Ezekiel received. Therefore, it's most probable the temple is symbolic. Like Ezekiel, John received a vision that involved the most fearful beasts and creatures, a city that descends from the sky, a temple with the slain making supplication from beneath the altar, and many other characters that can most easily be (mis)interpreted literally. Perhaps, it's time you search out the symbolic meaning of the vision given to Ezekiel?
Flygerian wrote:
As well, the "new covenant" is simple according to Jeremiah. The law will be written on ISRAEL and JUDAH'S hearts (and those gathered with them). They will not have to teach each other about God and His law, but EACH ONE will know God least to greatest. Thats what Jeremiah 31 states. All the extra stuff (such as the law being abolished and not to be followed anymore for an example that some christians say) is from the words of men.
The new covenant is a process that began with the ministry of my anointed Savior and will come to it's fulfillment when the kingdom is fully established. The success of the new covenant involves the necessity that certain elements of the law be fulfilled so that Israel can no longer rely on the physical performance and result of these certain and specific precepts. Sacrifice for remission of sins and the passing-over of the most High's wrath, for one and as the foundation of the old, original covenant, had to be fulfilled, because no longer was sacrifice offered with a sincere, repentant heart. Israel sacrificed with no intention on truly repenting, but still expected the result of sacrifice, which was mercy and reconciliation. In essence, Israel took for granted the law of sacrifice, so it was prophesied that sacrifice would be taken from them. But, there's no remission of sins without the shedding of blood, so...

Furthermore, Yahowshua taught how to eradicate the very thoughts that lead to sin which, in the end, makes sacrifice unnecessary. He taught how to make love for one another the foundation for obedience to the law and not fear of consequence for disobedience, or a reliance on sacrifice. It's the learning of and obedience to his teachings that engrave the law on our hearts. Not a divine miracle, or a supernatural occurrence. When all's said and done, though, when love dictates our lives, making sacrifice unnecessary, then an altar and a temple to house the altar becomes unnecessary, as well.

Thank you for your congeniality, your time, and your consideration, Flygerian. I appreciate you.
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#496 Jul 14, 2014
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I explained how that the temple was a vision that Ezekiel received. Therefore, its probable the temple is symbolic., John received a vision that involved the most fearful beasts and creatures, a city that descends from the sky, a temple with the slain making supplication from beneath the altar, and many other characters that can most easily be (mis)interpreted literally. Perhaps, it's time you search out the symbolic meaning of the vision given to Ezekiel?
I cant search out a symbolic meaning if the text doesnt lend itself to being "symbolic". See heres what God said:

Ezekiel 43
7 And He said to me,“Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever. No more shall the house of Israel defile My holy name, they nor their kings, by their harlotry or with the carcasses of their kings on their high places. 8 When they set their threshold by My threshold, and their doorpost by My doorpost, with a wall between them and Me, they defiled My holy name by the abominations which they committed; therefore I have consumed them in My anger. 9 Now let them put their harlotry and the carcasses of their kings far away from Me, and I will dwell in their midst forever.10 “Son of man, describe the temple to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and let them measure the pattern. 11 And if they are ashamed of all that they have done, make known to them the design of the temple and its arrangement, its exits and its entrances, its entire design and all its ordinances, all its forms and all its laws. Write it down in their sight, so that they may keep its whole design and all its ordinances, and perform them. 12 This is the law of the temple: The whole area surrounding the mountaintop is most holy. Behold, this is the law of the temple.

I can only take this literal. Now if I ignore or twist this, then maybe I could create a symbolic meaning. But without doing that, I cant.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>The new covenant is a process that began with the ministry of my anointed Savior and will come to it's fulfillment when the kingdom is fully established. The success of the new covenant involves the necessity that certain elements of the law be fulfilled so that Israel can no longer rely on the physical performance and result of these certain and specific precepts. Sacrifice for remission of sins and the passing-over of the most High's wrath, for one and as the foundation of the old, original covenant, had to be fulfilled, because no longer was sacrifice offered with a sincere, repentant heart. Israel sacrificed with no intention on truly repenting, but still expected the result of sacrifice, which was mercy and reconciliation. In essence, Israel took for granted the law of sacrifice, so it was prophesied that sacrifice would be taken from them. But, there's no remission of sins without the shedding of blood, so...
Furthermore, Yahowshua taught how to eradicate the very thoughts that lead to sin which, in the end, makes sacrifice unnecessary. He taught how to make love for one another the foundation for obedience to the law and not fear of consequence for disobedience, or a reliance on sacrifice. It's the learning of and obedience to his teachings that engrave the law on our hearts. Not a divine miracle, or a supernatural occurrence.
Concerning your thoughts on the temple, it can only be accepted if we ignore or twist what Ezekiel said. Theres one example from Ezekiel 43. I can bring more verses about the temple that could only be literal but if we ignore that to create a "symbolic" meaning, then are we really looking for the truth? Or just looking to confirm our already held beliefs?
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Thank you for your congeniality, your time, and your consideration, Flygerian. I appreciate you.
Likewise my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 3 min Blodewedd 175
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 4 min rog 1,346
Evidence Against God 7 min Doubting Thomas 3,845
Spirit bodies. 13 min Ozzmius 28
Why do you really believe in a god? 2 hr Allen Richards 623
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 4 hr messianic114 8,260
Who else wants to go back and stop the fall of ... 4 hr Blodewedd 42
More from around the web