Abortion? Good or Bad?
Sola Scriptura

Dunbar, WV

#1936 Feb 9, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Most men can beat most women in a fist fight. So they got to rewrite history.
<quoted text>
My five year old niece could whip your pansy ass in a fist fight.
i am me

Anderson, IN

#1937 Feb 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie to prove that I lie. I didn't see any "knowledge" from you.
Troll.
i am me

Anderson, IN

#1938 Feb 10, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus would be so proud.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#1939 Feb 10, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
And put your head back in your ass...
Yeah, you're right, I should have added that to my post as well. It should have read, "No we didn't. Now put your tongue back in your mouth and put your head back in your ass!" Thanks NDanger!
jazmine

Liverpool, UK

#1940 Feb 10, 2013
Lmfao its the mothers decision and it is a bad decision because your killing a living thing it doesn't matter if its human or not it is living!

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Wembley, UK

#1941 Feb 10, 2013
jazmine wrote:
Lmfao its the mothers decision and it is a bad decision because your killing a living thing it doesn't matter if its human or not it is living!
So what happens when a woman becomes pregnant and there are complications? IMHO all women need to consider the possibility (no matter how remote) someday they may require an abortion. This is from the NHS website.

"As well as a woman deciding to have an abortion due to her personal circumstances, there are also a number of medical reasons why an abortion may be necessary. The Abortion Act 1967 states that provided a pregnancy has not exceeded its 24th week, an abortion may be carried out if:

continuing with the pregnancy would involve a greater risk to the woman's life than ending the pregnancy

continuing with the pregnancy would involve a greater risk of injury to the woman's physical or mental health than ending the pregnancy

continuing with the pregnancy would involve a greater risk to the physical or mental health of any of the woman's existing children

there is a significant risk that if the child is born s/he would have a serious physical or mental disability

The Act also makes it clear that two registered medical practitioners must both agree about the above points. In practice, this gives doctors a great degree of flexibility in referring women for abortions and supporting their request to proceed."

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Abortion/Pages/W...
i am me

Anderson, IN

#1942 Feb 10, 2013
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
So what happens when a woman becomes pregnant and there are complications? IMHO all women need to consider the possibility (no matter how remote) someday they may require an abortion. This is from the NHS website.
"As well as a woman deciding to have an abortion due to her personal circumstances, there are also a number of medical reasons why an abortion may be necessary. The Abortion Act 1967 states that provided a pregnancy has not exceeded its 24th week, an abortion may be carried out if:
continuing with the pregnancy would involve a greater risk to the woman's life than ending the pregnancy
continuing with the pregnancy would involve a greater risk of injury to the woman's physical or mental health than ending the pregnancy
continuing with the pregnancy would involve a greater risk to the physical or mental health of any of the woman's existing children
there is a significant risk that if the child is born s/he would have a serious physical or mental disability
The Act also makes it clear that two registered medical practitioners must both agree about the above points. In practice, this gives doctors a great degree of flexibility in referring women for abortions and supporting their request to proceed."
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Abortion/Pages/W...
Ah, makes perfect sense and is a woman's right which is exactly why the radical religious right hate it.

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

Wembley, UK

#1943 Feb 10, 2013
i am me wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, makes perfect sense and is a woman's right which is exactly why the radical religious right hate it.
Yes, fundies don't like women having rights. They also do not consider the consequence of blocking those rights. The following is about the UK.

"In the 19th century and early part of the 20th century, a succession of laws was brought in to reduce access to legal abortion. These laws effectively controlled women's lives until 1967. But they did not, of course, prevent unwanted pregnancy, or the need for abortion. Thousands of women resorted to back-street abortionists, permanently damaging their health or dying. Newspapers advertised cures for ‘menstrual blockages', but women knew they were abortifacients. Many of these were ineffective and were also poisonous; one of the cheapest, a lead-based potion, poisoned and blinded many women."

This was not always the case.

"The first references to abortion in English law appeared in the 13th Century. The law followed Church teaching that abortion was acceptable until 'quickening'(around 16-20 weeks), which, it was believed, was when the soul entered the fetus. The legal situation remained like this for centuries."

http://www.abortionrights.org.uk/index.php/me...

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#1945 Feb 10, 2013
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, fundies don't like women having rights. They also do not consider the consequence of blocking those rights. The following is about the UK.
"In the 19th century and early part of the 20th century, a succession of laws was brought in to reduce access to legal abortion. These laws effectively controlled women's lives until 1967. But they did not, of course, prevent unwanted pregnancy, or the need for abortion. Thousands of women resorted to back-street abortionists, permanently damaging their health or dying. Newspapers advertised cures for ‘menstrual blockages', but women knew they were abortifacients. Many of these were ineffective and were also poisonous; one of the cheapest, a lead-based potion, poisoned and blinded many women."
This was not always the case.
"The first references to abortion in English law appeared in the 13th Century. The law followed Church teaching that abortion was acceptable until 'quickening'(around 16-20 weeks), which, it was believed, was when the soul entered the fetus. The legal situation remained like this for centuries."
http://www.abortionrights.org.uk/index.php/me...
Now, I can't use my gray box. When you whoop a troll's arse, their whining to the mods never stops. Don't post to GoDSmacked. He really hates being beaten.

Thanks for this information. The UK was certainly much more tolerant of women than the US. Course, you did ship us your Puritans. We've suffered so ever since.

LOL!!!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1946 Feb 10, 2013
I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians should not threaten others. It doesn't help anything.
But since Murphy isnt a Christian, its OK for her to make threats though, rite? Let me guess, it helps to since she aint a christian!

;)
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#1947 Feb 10, 2013
F**k off iron chariot, unlike you I don't mess with kids.
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

#1949 Feb 10, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>But since Murphy isnt a Christian, its OK for her to make threats though, rite? Let me guess, it helps to since she aint a christian!
;)
She wasn't making a threat she was referring to someone that professes to be a Christian. It's not wise to threaten or harm others regardless.

Location hidden

#1950 Feb 10, 2013
MrsMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>Whats that tired assed line you iuse all the time? Oh yeah..... "I am living rent free in your head".. And you are the last one to comment on people threatening others... I have several posts of yours that you have posted with threats towards, myself, and Nettie... A pussy man, hiding behind a screen threatening two older woman... WHAT A MAN.... BWAHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHHHAAA you mad, right?
Rent Free!!!

lol

Location hidden

#1951 Feb 10, 2013
I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
She wasn't making a threat she was referring to someone that professes to be a Christian. It's not wise to threaten or harm others regardless.
You just dont find it maybe a little ironic talking about threats with Murphy? And dont pretend you dont know her past. I dont have to spell it out for you, you know where Im coming from!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1952 Feb 10, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>You just dont find it maybe a little ironic talking about threats with Murphy? And dont pretend you dont know her past. I dont have to spell it out for you, you know where Im coming from!
The most threats I have ever seen come from one poster came from Native, and we all know it.

Where is your mention of all those threats of Native's?
I didn't see it.
Oh yeah, I forgot.
You are a liar and a hypocrite, one of the biggest around.

“Fully Protected ~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#1958 Feb 10, 2013
I am Servant wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what some are referring to here is the fact that Norcal threatened me. I in return told her to come on down here..........Some how Murphy got all warped out. I did not threaten anyone but I do intend on defending myself if I ever have to. I not that you refer to someone professing to be a Christian....not sure who you are posting about, maybe me? I don't know just wanted to clear it up......seems to me that anything unGodly can be said to the Christians and it is more then ok......I am aware that there are VERY Christians on here.......a lot who profess.

“Fully Protected ~”

Location hidden

#1959 Feb 10, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean threats like you are going to hell or threats like if you don't stop harassing and posting her mom's obituary photo she will report and sue.
Of course, you forgot the death threats by Murphy and her being banned for it.
Where is your mention of all your threats to harm your own mom?
I didn't see it.
Oh yeah, you forgot.
You are a liar and a gay hypocrite, one of the ugliest and mentally retarded of them all.
You are also a filthy racist who hates blacks and God.
There are a lot of threats being made on these threads.....I believe there are some criminally insane poster here......anyone that would post someones mom's obituary picture is beyond sick. The ppl who condoned this are just as twisted and sick.

“Fully Protected ~”

Location hidden

#1960 Feb 10, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean threats like you are going to hell or threats like if you don't stop harassing and posting her mom's obituary photo she will report and sue.
Of course, you forgot the death threats by Murphy and her being banned for it.
Where is your mention of all your threats to harm your own mom?
I didn't see it.
Oh yeah, you forgot.
You are a liar and a gay hypocrite, one of the ugliest and mentally retarded of them all.
You are also a filthy racist who hates blacks and God.
Is there any way Murphy and Norcal are the same person? Norcal threatened me....saying if she met me she would not spare my soul. Twisted I know......

Location hidden

#1961 Feb 10, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The most threats I have ever seen come from one poster came from Native, and we all know it.
Where is your mention of all those threats of Native's?
I didn't see it.
Oh yeah, I forgot.
You are a liar and a hypocrite, one of the biggest around.
I dont know, where are they, I have yet to see them. Show us these vicious threats. You post what you have and Ill post what I have and lets compare. Lets see who made the nastiest, most perverse threats here, that you were cheer leading I might add. I'd be glad to remind everyone what kind of person you are and support.

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#1963 Feb 10, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know, where are they, I have yet to see them. Show us these vicious threats. You post what you have and Ill post what I have and lets compare. Lets see who made the nastiest, most perverse threats here, that you were cheer leading I might add. I'd be glad to remind everyone what kind of person you are and support.
Dearest HG that is a dynamic idea and just would love to read all these exchanges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus is God 5 min dollarsbill 86
Does the Law of God matter? 5 min Anointed of Jesus... 89
SIN CURSES Evil SPIRITS and DEMONS 10 min Anointed of Jesus... 10
Noah’s ark and the rainbow. 16 min dollarsbill 362
*Forgiveness* 22 min Big Al 256
4,70,000 errors, mistakes, contradictions in bible 2 hr dollarsbill 18
"little lamb" IS A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS 6 hr Truth 41
More from around the web