Abortion? Good or Bad?

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#688 Jan 21, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a good example of when the law justifies evil by endorsing it eventually people think that its ok and actually a good thing.
Hey stupid... if you don't want an abortion... don't flucking get one

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#689 Jan 21, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a good example of when the law justifies evil by endorsing it eventually people think that its ok and actually a good thing.
otherwise shut the fluck up
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#690 Jan 21, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware in that in this country people are not assigned professions but rather choose them.
In fact, people change professions regularly.
If you are 75 years old and have been working as a roofer for 55 years and you don't own the business or manage the team, something is very wrong with you.
Ditto an 80 year old with a jackhammer.
If you are too old to do the job you are doing and you can not advance in your field, then you should find another job doing something else to do.
If people are regularly living into their 90s, they shouldn't be spending 30 years of their lives retired and living on SS.
That's not what it was meant for, it can't sustain that.
Add to that the problem of the baby boomers outnumbering their children and you've got a big problem coming up
Not everyone can have their own business and not everyone wants one either. I don't know where you're coming from with this idea that most people are living into their 90's. I don't see it except for the super rich that can afford the best health care that money can buy. And how about those politicians, man they sure have it made living on our dime. They have their own retirement packages and the best health care our money can buy. How long did daddy Bush stay in the hospital, over a month? I'll bet that cost us plenty. If we're gonna have death panels deciding who lives and who dies, you think they'll consider our retired politicians too?
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#691 Jan 21, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a lunatic.
You see conspiracy everywhere.
And so was the late great George Carlin, the man was a visionary!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#692 Jan 21, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know attacking me isn't going to change the law and besides it is NOT my place to tell another woman what she is allowed to do with her body, my beliefs are what I need to live by and their beliefs are what they need to live by. If what they do is a sin, then they will answer to God, not me!!!

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#693 Jan 21, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>I like it just fine right here thank you very much. I'll move to Phoenix when that cold spell we just had becomes permanent for our time of the year. A little rocker and roller here is not going to bother me. Were you here for the '94 shake up?
Sigh, I don't mean move from where you are now. I mean if they put you in disaster recovery housing and you don't like it.

I was in college for in NY for the '94, but I'm currently living at ground zero if it happens again.

Los Angeles, CA

#694 Jan 21, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Not everyone can have their own business and not everyone wants one either. I don't know where you're coming from with this idea that most people are living into their 90's.
Here's a chart
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-cVRVVfthw8...

Current average lifespan in the US 78.2
which means about half the people live longer and half the people live shorter.
However, since some people die very young (say a 3 year old) that can't be balanced out by someone who lives to be 150. So, in reality, there are actually more people living into their 80s and beyond than not, but the average is still slightly lower..

Now extend this graph forward for another 20-30 years and think about how many Baby Boomers will still be alive at that point

Since: Dec 09

United States

#695 Jan 22, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me read that back to you so that you hear it the way we hear it:
"You're wrong because my imaginary friend gets to decide and he's gonna get you if you don't do exactly what I say."
Sound childish? It is.
Your religion is make believe. If you great up in India instead of Indiana, you would be just as convinced that Vishnu decides who is or isn't a being and will therefore cause us to be reincarnated as a less being after we die.
If you lived in Ancient Greece, you would be absolutely convinced that Zeus decides who is and isn't a being and will cast us into the Underworld where his brother Hades rules.
It's all make believe. It's fine if you choose to believe it. Don't try and win an argument by threatening us with your imaginary friend and don't try to convince people they are wrong because your imaginary friend says so.
Either your argument stands on it's face or it does not.
My argument is simple:
You can not take the life from something that is incapable of living since it does not have life to be taken. At 12 weeks, a fetus is not capable of living independently of a host, it is therefore not an autonomous being and does not have "life".
Do you have a counter argument OTHER THAN "The Boogeyman disagrees"?
You argue that because a fetus is womb-dependent they're not autonomous beings, and therefore they don't have life.
You even go so far as to contend a human fetus isn't human!
Your argument is FALSE.

A human fetus IS alive, and that which is alive is living. And just like YOU are alive and living, but are incapable of living under water, a human fetus is alive and living, but is "incapable" of living outside the womb.

For every human being that lives, has ever lived, or will ever live.....
Human life begins at conception and ends at death.

Legal abortion is the wholesale slaughter of living unborn humanity..
"Pro-choice", my arse.
Abortion is murder.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#696 Jan 22, 2013
You're an anti-choice BSer.

Since nearly half of fertilised eggs simply don't make it, your god is the biggest abortionist of all.
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Human life begins at conception...

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#697 Jan 22, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
You argue that because a fetus is womb-dependent they're not autonomous beings, and therefore they don't have life.
Your argument is FALSE.
A human fetus IS alive, and that which is alive is living. And just like YOU are alive and living, but are incapable of living under water, a human fetus is alive and living, but is "incapable" of living outside the womb.
For every human being that lives, has ever lived, or will ever live.....
Human life begins at conception and ends at death.
Legal abortion is the wholesale slaughter of living unborn humanity..
"Pro-choice", my arse.
Abortion is murder.
The definitive definition of a human being is a human living outside the womb. A fetus cannot live outside the womb in the time frame allowed a woman HER right to choose WHEN to be pregnant, how OFTEN to be pregnant and by WHOM. SHE decides that all by herself up to 12 weeks when a brain stem is not even attached yet.

Bottomline is, it's HER decision, not anyone else's. I am for HER choice in deciding her life, not others who will not be involved in ANY of her struggles by forcing her to carry a pregnancy full term.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#698 Jan 22, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
And it's an individual decision.
Its one individual's decision, the other doesn't get a say.

Location hidden

#699 Jan 22, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
The definitive definition of a human being is a human living outside the womb. A fetus cannot live outside the womb in the time frame allowed a woman HER right to choose WHEN to be pregnant, how OFTEN to be pregnant and by WHOM. SHE decides that all by herself up to 12 weeks when a brain stem is not even attached yet.
Bottomline is, it's HER decision, not anyone else's. I am for HER choice in deciding her life, not others who will not be involved in ANY of her struggles by forcing her to carry a pregnancy full term.
Ofcourse never mind the bad decisions she made to get her in that position to begin with. Like poor people like you that make bad decisions, someone "the government" should be there to bail them out and reward them for poor decisions, rite? Inside the womb or out, its still a living person, PERIOD!!! If you support abortion when someone makes bad decision's its MURDER!!! Simple as that. Rape or incest is a different story, but if you suppport any woman going to get an abortion for any reason, then you support murder

Location hidden

#700 Jan 22, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
The definitive definition of a human being is a human living outside the womb.
Id like to see you medically prove that!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#705 Jan 22, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Nettiebelle,
Yes, we should have the right to say if want to help pay for an abortion. It is killing another life and I do not want blood on my hands.
<quoted text>
Don't let any of your tax dollars go toward war or acts of war anywhere either then. Get back with us on your success with that.

Los Angeles, CA

#706 Jan 22, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is FALSE.
All of the above is an incorrect mischaracterization of my argument.

Because a fetus is dependent on the organs of another person, they are not autonomous. That's not the same thing as not being alive.

Cancer is not autonomous. Cancer is alive.

Human fetuses are human. They are not, however, beings.

If you do not have autonomy, you do not have rights. It's as simple as that.

I didn't bother reading the rest of your post. Since you are starting from a false premise, your conclusions can't be anything but wrong.

Los Angeles, CA

#707 Jan 22, 2013
Huntington Guy wrote:
If you support abortion when someone makes bad decision's its MURDER!!! Simple as that. Rape or incest is a different story, but if you suppport any woman going to get an abortion for any reason, then you support murder
Your position is not that abortion is murder.

If abortion is murder, then abortion for rape victims is still murder.

Your position is "Sluts should be punished". That's why it's okay for a rape victim to get an abortion (unless she was dressed provocatively, then she was asking for it).

If you're going to be a pig, at least own up to it.

Your position is: Women don't get to have sex unless I say so.

Los Angeles, CA

#708 Jan 22, 2013
Nettiebelle,
Correction to previous post
Yes, we should have the right to say no in helping pay for an abortion. It is killing a life and I do not want blood on my hands maybe you do.
You have never paid one cent of taxes which have gone towards funding abortion. You have have. You never will.

No one who opposes abortion has EVER paid anything in taxes which funded abortion.

Look at the pie charge of spending. Every single cent you've ever paid fits very nicely into the military wedge.

Problem solved.

Los Angeles, CA

#709 Jan 22, 2013
When we have to pay for her abortions then yes it is my business. It is coming out of my tax dollars.
You never have and never will. Now it's not your business. You can go away.

#711 Jan 22, 2013
Nettiebelle,
Yes, we should have the right to say if want to help pay for an abortion. It is killing another life and I do not want blood on my hands.
<quoted text>
Where do you pay for another's abortion? Usually abortions are paid for out of pocket, not by medical insurance UNLESS it is a life or death decision!!!

#712 Jan 22, 2013
Cookie Parker
Forum I meant thread "The Roe Vs Wade 40 yr" You were shown evidence that by the 12th week all bodily functions are up and running and all that happens now is the growing stages. Even the heart is beating by the 12th week. I gave you medical sites that disagree with you.
So, you are saying that the lungs are fully functional at 12 weeks, right? Sorry, but NOT all of the bodily functions are up and running at this time in the pregnancy.......and if the fetus was to be removed from the womb, it could not survive on it's own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Maverick 808 21,199
Wives Cannot Speak in the Assemblies, Unmarried... 4 hr Cats paw 23
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 4 hr Cats paw 251
Christian Jokes 4 hr Cats paw 29
No One Needs Moral Standards From God 7 hr Cats paw 32
Electricity is Satans power on the world (Apr '10) 9 hr Cats paw 31
The Holy Spirit is an Angel, and Each Believer ... 10 hr Cats paw 61
Science And Discoveries To The Rescue 10 hr Cats paw 113
More from around the web