Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
I'm surely glad that I don't listen to little voices saying, "This is God".
lol if you did it would be lying to you.

“"God is Good"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me? You won't have a home to call your own much less grow your own food. Private property is anathema in a communist country!
True.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you such an uneducated old man? You didnt learn much in all those years? Amazing! simply AMAZING!
I take it that you've never heard of Agenda 21? How would you like you and yours living in a 480 square-foot shipping container? That's what NYC Mayor Bloombutt has planned for his subjects when the next hurricane comes upon his shores. Check it out
http://vegasseven.com/latest/2012/11/29/home-...
You better wake up, their coming for your guns and when they get those, they'll be coming for your gold.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me? You won't have a home to call your own much less grow your own food. Private property is anathema in a communist country!
You are missing the point.

You are considering existing/past communist societies with their 19th and 20th century technologies.

I'm talking about future societies, at a point where paying for energy isn't necessary and 3D home printing can manufacture advanced devices.

Suddenly having "things" doesn't really matter so much.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>How do you pay off 16 trillion and counting? Strike that. Become a national hero and call up the district of criminals and tell them how because right now they don't have a clue.
#1) Stop prosecuting and incarcerating people for offenses which don't cost the society as much as it costs to punish the criminals.

If some guy wants to smoke a joint, we shouldn't be spending 35k a year for 5 years keeping him locked up.

#2) Criminals who defraud the Government/The People are penalized IN EXCESS of their crime. Not a fraction of their crime.

If a bank manipulates the market to illegally take a billion dollars, then fine them 2 billion dollars, not 100 million. That's not a disincentive.

#3) Tax the wealthy at a rate on par with their increase in wealth. Over the last two decades the percentage of the world economy in the hands of the ultra wealth has increased radically while the tax rate on them has decreased. If the wealthy are going to control 99% of the wealth, then their taxes should be going up not down.

#4) The SS system was created during a time when people would work from age 20 to age 55, retire, then die at age 58. Now people are retiring at 65 and living to be 95. The retirement age must go up, SS payments should be used to guarantee a minimum standard of living. If you exceed the standard of living, you don't need SS.

A retired oil billionaire does not need an extra 2k a month.

#5) SS should not start at the first dollar, but rather at 20k. However it should not cap. If you make a hundred million a year, you pay SS on all of it except the first 20k, just like the guy that makes 50k a year.

#6) We don't control the world and we are not the world police. If one country in the Middle East wants to fight a war with another country in the middle east, let them.

#7) Invest in non-fossil fuel based energy sources. Our current electricity generation hasn't changed in over a century. We heat water and make steam spin a wheel. No other technology has been this stuck for this long. Fix it.

#8) Medicine: You are not going to live forever. We are not going to pay to keep you alive forever. It makes no sense to spend $100k keeping someone alive in ICU for an extra week. More money is spent on the last year of a typical patient's life than on any other year. People need to get over the fact that they are going to die.

There you go. That's a solid start.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>I take it that you've never heard of Agenda 21? How would you like you and yours living in a 480 square-foot shipping container? That's what NYC Mayor Bloombutt has planned for his subjects when the next hurricane comes upon his shores. Check it out
http://vegasseven.com/latest/2012/11/29/home-...
You better wake up, their coming for your guns and when they get those, they'll be coming for your gold.
You idiot. Shipping container housing is a means of giving shelter to people who's homes have been swept away.

We have massive infrastructure built around moving shipping containers. Boats, trains, trucks -- all of them speced specifically for moving boxes that size.

If you lost your home and you're choices were:
- Street
- High School Gym with 500 other people
- Modified Shipping Container

Which would you rather live in for 3 months.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>~shrug~
Social Security is a form of Communism.
Ya gonna collect that SS check when you plan to retire though, aren't ya?
You got it sister. I paid into it and I'm going to collect it if I live long enuff. It's an insurance program, not a handout like those morons in dc would have you believe.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
#1) Stop prosecuting and incarcerating people for offenses which don't cost the society as much as it costs to punish the criminals.
If some guy wants to smoke a joint, we shouldn't be spending 35k a year for 5 years keeping him locked up.
#2) Criminals who defraud the Government/The People are penalized IN EXCESS of their crime. Not a fraction of their crime.
If a bank manipulates the market to illegally take a billion dollars, then fine them 2 billion dollars, not 100 million. That's not a disincentive.
#3) Tax the wealthy at a rate on par with their increase in wealth. Over the last two decades the percentage of the world economy in the hands of the ultra wealth has increased radically while the tax rate on them has decreased. If the wealthy are going to control 99% of the wealth, then their taxes should be going up not down.
#4) The SS system was created during a time when people would work from age 20 to age 55, retire, then die at age 58. Now people are retiring at 65 and living to be 95. The retirement age must go up, SS payments should be used to guarantee a minimum standard of living. If you exceed the standard of living, you don't need SS.
#5) SS should not start at the first dollar, but rather at 20k. However it should not cap. If you make a hundred million a year, you pay SS on all of it except the first 20k, just like the guy that makes 50k a year.
#6) We don't control the world and we are not the world police. If one country in the Middle East wants to fight a war with another country in the middle east, let them.
#7) Invest in non-fossil fuel based energy sources. Our current electricity generation hasn't changed in over a century. We heat water and make steam spin a wheel. No other technology has been this stuck for this long. Fix it.
#8) Medicine: You are not going to live forever. We are not going to pay to keep you alive forever. It makes no sense to spend $100k keeping someone alive in ICU for an extra week. More money is spent on the last year of a typical patient's life than on any other year. People need to get over the fact that they are going to die.
Exactly.......punishments need to fit the crime......and white-collar criminals need to repay both the victims and State for their crimes, not sit in a medium-secured prison that is more like a luxury hotel!!!

People should understand that prison is a place you don't want to go!!!!

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

I have a simple solution for the fundie christards.... If you don't like abortion.... um... well... you know.... don't flucking get one
Darius

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice with the exception of #4. For those poor souls working physically demanding jobs, what should the age of retirement be? Would you want a 75 or 80 year old man up on your roof replacing the shingles? Or how about an 80 year old busting concrete with a jack hammer? how about an 80 year old woman standing on her feet waiting on tables all day? would that make you proud?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>You got it sister. I paid into it and I'm going to collect it if I live long enuff. It's an insurance program, not a handout like those morons in dc would have you believe.
The you MUST be A democrat because a republican would NEVER be caught uttering what you just did!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Very nice with the exception of #4. For those poor souls working physically demanding jobs, what should the age of retirement be? Would you want a 75 or 80 year old man up on your roof replacing the shingles? Or how about an 80 year old busting concrete with a jack hammer? how about an 80 year old woman standing on her feet waiting on tables all day? would that make you proud?
LMAO.. whatsa matter.. you gettin lazy in your ripe old age?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>I take it that you've never heard of Agenda 21?
Ok tea party Dar, glen beck wannabe. whatever you imagine...get your tinfoil hat on! Its gonna rain!
Darius

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot. Shipping container housing is a means of giving shelter to people who's homes have been swept away.
We have massive infrastructure built around moving shipping containers. Boats, trains, trucks -- all of them speced specifically for moving boxes that size.
If you lost your home and you're choices were:
- Street
- High School Gym with 500 other people
- Modified Shipping Container
Which would you rather live in for 3 months.
Oh sure they use the excuse of disaster relief now but it's a way of getting you conditioned for it. It's like putting a frog in a cool pot of water and then slowly turning up the heat.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sure they use the excuse of disaster relief now but it's a way of getting you conditioned for it. It's like putting a frog in a cool pot of water and then slowly turning up the heat.
Dar.. you aint gonna make any BS money.. G beck already beat you to that trough!
Darius

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>The you MUST be A democrat because a republican would NEVER be caught uttering what you just did!
Red pill blue pill, pick your poison. lol

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Very nice with the exception of #4. For those poor souls working physically demanding jobs, what should the age of retirement be? Would you want a 75 or 80 year old man up on your roof replacing the shingles? Or how about an 80 year old busting concrete with a jack hammer? how about an 80 year old woman standing on her feet waiting on tables all day? would that make you proud?
Are you aware in that in this country people are not assigned professions but rather choose them.

In fact, people change professions regularly.

If you are 75 years old and have been working as a roofer for 55 years and you don't own the business or manage the team, something is very wrong with you.

Ditto an 80 year old with a jackhammer.

If you are too old to do the job you are doing and you can not advance in your field, then you should find another job doing something else to do.

If people are regularly living into their 90s, they shouldn't be spending 30 years of their lives retired and living on SS.

That's not what it was meant for, it can't sustain that.

Add to that the problem of the baby boomers outnumbering their children and you've got a big problem coming up

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sure they use the excuse of disaster relief now but it's a way of getting you conditioned for it. It's like putting a frog in a cool pot of water and then slowly turning up the heat.
You are a lunatic.

You see conspiracy everywhere.

If you don't want to be housed in a relief structure after you home is destroyed in a hurricane, tornado or earthquake, then move someplace else.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a lunatic.
You see conspiracy everywhere.
If you don't want to be housed in a relief structure after you home is destroyed in a hurricane, tornado or earthquake, then move someplace else.
I like it just fine right here thank you very much. I'll move to Phoenix when that cold spell we just had becomes permanent for our time of the year. A little rocker and roller here is not going to bother me. Were you here for the '94 shake up?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Jeff......it won't change how the law defines a child or a baby.........and for this discussion that is all that matters.....not how I personally feel about abortion or you......but how a woman has the right to make that decision!!!
You are a good example of when the law justifies evil by endorsing it eventually people think that its ok and actually a good thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 12 min Chelsee11 12,341
A Message from Nettie 13 min Nc resident 1,304
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 13 min 15th Dalai Lama 1,491
demons 15 min Nc resident 7
Questions for Susan B Lange 22 min xian_kim 691
The Talmud: "Jesus is in hell..." 24 min Liam R 25
I am him 27 min xian_kim 43
...Christianity's explanation of race 1 hr Nc resident 111
Why would God allow MH17 to be shot down??? 3 hr AAAM 193