Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2883 Feb 21, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but seeing as you are nothing more than a bible worshiper and not God, you opinion matters not!!!
Lies, period. You know nothing about the Bible. You are in hiding. You are Satan's child. A liar.
NativenotfromPA

Jersey City, NJ

#2884 Feb 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No Scripture? No surprise.
Only fundies use scripture as a weapon..

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#2885 Feb 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies, period. You know nothing about the Bible. You are in hiding. You are Satan's child. A liar.
Sorry, but you really are just an idiot who uses the bible as a hammer to hurt others, but it ain't working here, so got peddle your mythical book someplace else!!!

Location hidden

#2886 Feb 21, 2013
NativenotfromPA wrote:
<quoted text>Only fundies use scripture as a weapon..
"Fundie" is a term for illiterates.

Location hidden

#2887 Feb 21, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you really are just an idiot who uses the bible as a hammer to hurt others, but it ain't working here, so got peddle your mythical book someplace else!!!
How would you know being Biblical illiterate?

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#2888 Feb 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know being Biblical illiterate?
Who said I was ever illiterate with regards to the bible? I've read it and know what it says and know that is has many issues and contradicts itself......besides, it is you that idolizes it, believes it, follow what you want from it and can't see anything else in this world.....lol!!!
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#2889 Feb 21, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The scriptures I quote are straightforward and self-explanatory on the subject of which is in discussion. Yet your lack of understanding can be explained by reading 1 Corinthians 2:13-14.
Calling BS on your BS.

You - no xtian alive reads th Bible in isolation, in a vacuum. You read it and have +/-1500 years of commentary to TELL you what to believe it means. There are but a few passages that are truly obvious, but even they have been spun, and added to by the past thousands of years and as many people commenting on them.

At this point in time NO ONE needs to believe in full faith (and credit) to comprehend what the passages mean.

BTW, when you merely quote a few passages, or a single one - you are NOT simply relying only on the particular passage/s (for a message, etc)- you are relying on the Doctrine/s they are part of...a larger exposition. So don't play the simplicity game with me.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#2890 Feb 21, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not understanding my posts... REAL Christians are saved because we put all of our trust in the perfect, atoning, sinless BLOOD sacrifice of Christ Jesus. No one can earn their salvation, this point is crystal clear throughout the scriptures.
I'm just a sinner saved by grace, I DESERVE to be cast into Hell for my sins. Yet Jesus took all the sins of the world along with Him to the cross, IT IS FINISHED means just that. IT IS FINISHED!
I'm in Christ Jesus, therefore I'm in His righteousness. I'm made righteous because of Him, for His sinless blood was shed for my sins.
You do realize there is no LOCK on being saved...? You do realize that NO Believer can decide for themselves their position, condition in such matters..?

Such things are ONLY the providence of your God. And no where did JEsus ever say, "You can all decide for yourselves, I'm making you all judge and jury for yourselves."
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#2891 Feb 21, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not earning my salvation. You can't earn your salvation via good works.
When a person gets saved we become born again into the family of God and thus the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of us. We are righteous before God the very moment that we get saved because of Jesus' sinless sacrifice on the cross. That's what TRUE salvation means........it's a free gift that no one can we earn. Jesus did what no one could ever do.......live a perfect sinless life.
A saved person is IN CHRIST JESUS......that means God only sees the righteousness of Jesus in us regarding our salvation.
Let me give you an example:
Take a small piece of paper (business card, index card, any paper) and put it inside of a book. That small piece of paper is a Christian and the book is Christ. A Christian is IN Christ Jesus. Following me?
Now look at that book, what do you see? You see the book.
Now look at the piece of paper, what do you see? You see the book.
Our salvation is dependent on Jesus and Him alone, not by any good works. We are righteous because we are in Him, He bought us with the price of His Blood.
Following me?
BS.

And a horrible analogy - because the biz card is never an actual part of the book.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#2892 Feb 21, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Nettie
So unless I accept homosexuality then I am not a Christian? You are the one that is NOT the Christian you condone what God abhors. Is that NOT what homosexuals are trying to do force homosexuality on the general public and make everyone think this is a normal way of life when in fact there is NOTHING natural about homosexuality?
I am a Christian Nettie and nothing you can do or say about that. I have accepted Christ as my Lord and I am walking the walk of the Christian path daily.
<quoted text>
How is something that has been around for as long humans have been recording such things (and likely longer)...not natural to the Human condition..?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#2893 Feb 21, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>BS.
And a horrible analogy - because the biz card is never an actual part of the book.
The small piece of paper (business card, index card, etc) is firmly in the book. Just like a saved Christian is in Christ Jesus. When I show you the book that has the paper inside of it, you only see the book..........same way when a REAL Christian is before the Lord, He will only see the righteousness of Jesus.

Now rewards are tested and tried before the Lord.......those which make it through the fire will be eternal. Yet our salvation is secure in Christ Jesus.(1 Corinthians 3:10-16)

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#2894 Feb 21, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize there is no LOCK on being saved...? You do realize that NO Believer can decide for themselves their position, condition in such matters..?
Such things are ONLY the providence of your God. And no where did JEsus ever say, "You can all decide for yourselves, I'm making you all judge and jury for yourselves."
What? Jesus said time and time again that salvation is through believing in Him. Chapters 3 and 10 of the gospel of John stand out as just a few examples throughout the Word. God wants us to be confident in our salvation so that we can have boldness (1 John 4:17) in our faith and win souls to the Lord.

'John 5:24' and '1 John 5:13' are just 2 examples of the many many scriptures I could quote.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2895 Feb 21, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Nettie
Then tell the homosexuals the same thing. Live their lives BUT STOP shoving their lifestyle down our throats and making us change the laws to accommodate them and their homosexual behavior. Homosexuals are shoving their lifestyle onto society and changing the marriage laws to make marriage to be a joke. MARRIAGE is between a MAN AND WOMAN and God will NEVER honor anything else.
<quoted text>
Native,
the right to same-sex marriage is already there, in our Constitution.
Check out the 14th Amendment.
Plenty of times in our history, certain issues have ended up in court or with our own Federal Government having to step in and verify and enforce rights that were already there for our citizens, yet some of these rights were being denied by different states.

Why don't you just do a little research?

“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2898 Feb 21, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that you can't defend yourself on here? There's been no exposing of personal information on you. There's been no stalking. YOu freely come here and post to him.
Tell me, what violations of TOPIX has he done to you? Where is he violating a TOS? You freely post on here with their TOS in place...what is he violating?
YOu don't like the TOS on topix, leave.
I don't think you like the TOS do you Cookie? I have seen you complain about them more then once.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#2899 Feb 21, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Nettie
I do NOT care if it is there or not. God says it is wrong and he made male and female. Now either show me a SCRIPTURE where it says God made male and male then you will have a case. When it comes up here in PA I will vote AGAINST it and so will many other people I know.
<quoted text>
A 'case'?

Biblical beliefs do not influence our nations' laws.
How hard is that for you to understand?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#2901 Feb 21, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Nettie
That is why are country is going down the tubes.
God is being taken out of everything
<quoted text>
Native:
Biblical beliefs were never represented in our Constitution.

Anything that is having to be 'taken out' are things inserted in different states laws representing some Christian beliefs that never should have been there in the first place!

Take the right to vote, for instance. This right, which was already THERE, was refused to many and the Federal Government had to step in and correct these wrongdoings.
Then too is the subject of segregation.
The fundamental right to marriage is a part of our Constitution, thus making it LAW.

And, take separation of church and state; this also has to be enforced at one time or another. Why? Because some really think they are above the Law of the Land.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#2903 Feb 21, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Nettie,
Christianity is the only truth and I am for this nation being a CHRISTIAN nation.
<quoted text>
In order to get your Theocracy, you would have to have the U.S. Constitution destroyed.
Not gonna happen, cupcake.

Move to a country that is already a Theocracy.
Get back with us and how miserable you are, cause you will be.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#2905 Feb 21, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Nettie,
Christianity is the only truth and I am for this nation being a CHRISTIAN nation.
<quoted text>
You lose!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#2907 Feb 21, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Nettie,
You rather God destroy AMERICA and HE WILL because of people like yourself.Supporting abortion and homosexuality will bring judgment.
<quoted text>
Not gonna happen, Native.
And, I believe you already know this.

IF God were going to do so, He would have destroyed the U.S. and many other countries a long time ago.

I do not look at God the way you do.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#2909 Feb 21, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Nettie,
<quoted text>
Exactly; and that's why all your prejudices will fail the 'Lemon Test'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_test#Lemon...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
25 THINGS THE BIBLE FORBIDS BUT WE STILL DO - i... 11 min Old GT 89
Question for Preachers of the Law 12 min dollarsbill 84
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 14 min dollarsbill 2,897
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 32 min 15th Dalai Lama 84,135
Nearly all Christians are Frauds 39 min 15th Dalai Lama 222
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 1 hr janeebee 755
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 3,671
The ISS space station is fake 1 hr Why 127
Is the Earth flat? Is it a globe? 1 hr Why 71
More from around the web