Belgium euthanzes 45 y.o blind twins ...

Belgium euthanzes 45 y.o blind twins who were going blind---It's legal there.

Created by Frank on Jan 15, 2013

2 votes

Click on an option to vote

I agree

I disagree

Frank

Holly Springs, NC

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Correction: Deaf twins going blind*****
Frank

Holly Springs, NC

#2 Jan 15, 2013
Sorry about the typos guys, still half asleep.

Anyways, euthanasia is legal in Belgium--agree with it. Why suffer unneccessarily?

Here's an excerpt from the article:

"More than 1,000 people legally availed themselves of doctor-assisted deaths in Belgium in 2011, most of them were terminally ill cancer patients.

The brothers are unique in that their illness was not terminal. Belgian law, however, allows doctors to euthanize “suffering” patients who are both mentally sound, over 18 and want to die.

Belgian lawmakers are considering a law that would extend euthanasia to dementia patients and children, whose families and doctors consented."

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

UK

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Frank wrote:
Sorry about the typos guys, still half asleep.
Anyways, euthanasia is legal in Belgium--agree with it. Why suffer unneccessarily?
Here's an excerpt from the article:
"More than 1,000 people legally availed themselves of doctor-assisted deaths in Belgium in 2011, most of them were terminally ill cancer patients.
The brothers are unique in that their illness was not terminal. Belgian law, however, allows doctors to euthanize “suffering” patients who are both mentally sound, over 18 and want to die.
Belgian lawmakers are considering a law that would extend euthanasia to dementia patients and children, whose families and doctors consented."
Here in the UK we show more mercy to suffering dogs than we do to suffering people. Anyway, here are more details regarding the story you mention.

"Distraught about going blind, 45-year-old deaf twin brothers from Belgium chose to be euthanized because they couldn't bear not to see one another, according to reports from Flanders.

Marc and Eddy Verbessem of Putte died Dec. 14 by lethal injection at Brussels University Hospital. Voluntary euthanasia has been legal in Belgium since September 2002.

The doctor who presided over the euthanasia described the twins as being "very happy."

"It was a relief to see the end of their suffering," David Dufour told Germany's RTL TV network. "They had a cup of coffee in the hall, it went well, and a rich conversation. The separation from their parents and brother was very serene and beautiful. At the last, there was a little wave of their hands, and then they were gone.""

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Hard to imagine the mental anguish these men suffered. Poor guys.
Frank

Holly Springs, NC

#5 Jan 15, 2013
I agree with it. If someone is terminally ill and in constant agony--why not end their suffering? G-d has given us the ability to create humane methods of doing so--why not utilize it? I hope that this comes to the U.S.A.

shalom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 1 hr Atheistgirl 297
Why do you really believe in a god? 1 hr Atheistgirl 733
Evidence Against God (Jan '16) 1 hr Atheistgirl 4,428
Jesus admitted he isn't God, so why do Christia... (Oct '11) 1 hr Atheistgirl 69
Why not censure the TRUTH movement? 1 hr Atheistgirl 11
If the Bible is True Barnsweb is a ... 1 hr Atheistgirl 106
Jesus did not claim to be God 1 hr Atheistgirl 327
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 1 hr Atheistgirl 1,910
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 2 hr Demon Finder 360
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 7 hr ROG 9,334
More from around the web