Raped Church
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Southside

United States

#1 May 6, 2008
There is a new church on the rise that got its start in a bad way. This churches pastor is Shannon O'dell. When he came to Southside, he made the leaders agree to give him control over all moneys or he would not come, they did. What now is the Brand New Church (BNC), was started on another churches money. BNC took what money the church had,(1 million dollars) and closed the doors of Southside Baptist Church. Shannon O'dell raped this church and others to get the money needed to build BNC. Shannon O'dell has nothing to do with the area pastors and keeps looking for a sucker to join his vision not GODS.
No Fear

Azle, TX

#2 May 6, 2008
Southside wrote:
There is a new church on the rise that got its start in a bad way. This churches pastor is Shannon O'dell. When he came to Southside, he made the leaders agree to give him control over all moneys or he would not come, they did. What now is the Brand New Church (BNC), was started on another churches money. BNC took what money the church had,(1 million dollars) and closed the doors of Southside Baptist Church. Shannon O'dell raped this church and others to get the money needed to build BNC. Shannon O'dell has nothing to do with the area pastors and keeps looking for a sucker to join his vision not GODS.
So your not sharing the whole story. Were you one of the suckers? I don't mean that bad just trying to get to the bottom of your info.

Since: Sep 07

tampa

#3 May 6, 2008
No Fear wrote:
<quoted text>
So your not sharing the whole story. Were you one of the suckers? I don't mean that bad just trying to get to the bottom of your info.
Every church has its very own rapist, some are just slicker than others...WAKE UP..
Southside

United States

#4 May 6, 2008
No I was not one of the suckers. Shannon O'dell just talks about what God is got for BNC and preaches and talks 75% of the time on money.
Southside

United States

#5 May 6, 2008
There is a video online that tells people not to let the person next to you give more than you do in the offering plate.
No Fear

Azle, TX

#6 May 6, 2008
Southside wrote:
No I was not one of the suckers. Shannon O'dell just talks about what God is got for BNC and preaches and talks 75% of the time on money.
Thank God! I am not disagreeing, but how do you know this? I can somewhat see this on their web-site. I know I have read some of the testimonies from people that go there and they are disturbing.
Southside

United States

#7 May 6, 2008
My father was a deacon for Southside Baptist Church for more than 30 years. When 2 of the deacons took over and took it in their hands to run the church themselves and left the congregation out of it all. I know when a member died and left 1 million dollars to the church to be used for missions work only. This money was taken by Shannon O'dell and ran with it. BNC has to keep Southsides name on the bank account til all the money is gone. It must be gone because Southside is not mentioned any more any where with BNC.

“You don't have legs, Lt. Dan!”

Since: Apr 08

Hometown in Alberta, Canada!

#8 May 6, 2008
Southside:

Are you also 'Concerned Christian' on another post? The Cities are the same on your ID tag (Diamond City, AR). It almost seems as though you have an agenda against this church. NO ONE more than I have a total intolerance for preachers who masquerade as Christians, however, I've also seen carnal gossip used to throw stones at a good ministry. I just don't know which is which at this point.
Southside

United States

#9 May 6, 2008
That must be a former members of the former Southside Baptist Church. What has taken place has upset a whole community.
Southside

United States

#10 May 6, 2008
I can tell you this, former members were telling the whole story and posting it on youtube. BNC some how had youtube remove all of them so no one could watch them. Now anything about BNC cannot be posted on youtube. What does this tell people about the truth, tells me that BNC does not want people to hear the truth.
Southside

United States

#11 May 6, 2008
Only BNC can post on youtube

“You don't have legs, Lt. Dan!”

Since: Apr 08

Hometown in Alberta, Canada!

#12 May 7, 2008
I guess this is the next step for churches. They used to upset one person at a time. Then Preachers who got caught with their trousers down upset the entire nation, at times, in one fell swoop. Now maybe Churches are beginning to branch out all over the country and upset whole communities on a regular basis.

But that's just me.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#13 May 7, 2008
Southside wrote:
My father was a deacon for Southside Baptist Church for more than 30 years. When 2 of the deacons took over and took it in their hands to run the church themselves and left the congregation out of it all. I know when a member died and left 1 million dollars to the church to be used for missions work only. This money was taken by Shannon O'dell and ran with it. BNC has to keep Southsides name on the bank account til all the money is gone. It must be gone because Southside is not mentioned any more any where with BNC.
There is legal recourse for that.

Location hidden

#14 May 7, 2008
Southside wrote:
That must be a former members of the former Southside Baptist Church. What has taken place has upset a whole community.
Then the community needs to do something about it. I cant understand how that Baptist church you were talking about coud have gotten swindled like that. I was a minister in a Baptist church and there are too many checks and balances for that to have happen there. Two deacons cant run the church unless no one else gets involved, which means it was a dead church anyway. Not trying to be mean, just going from personal experince. I couldnt even use the NIV version with the kids unless I had approval.

Location hidden

#15 May 7, 2008
Southside wrote:
Its real simple, the church body votes themselves back out of the BNC. Problem solved, except for the money. Get a lawyer. Our church had a lady leave her house and almost 100,000 dollars to our building fund. Legally, we couldnt touch the money for anything but new construction or renovations and then only with a church vote or approval.

Since: May 08

Lead Hill

#16 May 8, 2008
This is not that simple, when Shannon O'dell (new pastor) arrived he disbanded the current deacons and formed what he called teams. He put in the 2 deacons and others, one of them was his dad, that started coming to the church from out of the area as the head team. This allowed this all to happen for the most of it. What is now the old church (southside baptist church) is for sale and the are renting it out. they have done this to other churches now. BNC now has what they call 4 campuses. They go in, promise a big change and all kinds of new things. Then take it over and split or disband the church. They went to small churches at first but they did not have the money they were looking for so they left them. I could tell more but it would mean writing a book almost.

Location hidden

#17 May 8, 2008
Concerned Christian wrote:
This is not that simple, when Shannon O'dell (new pastor) arrived he disbanded the current deacons and formed what he called teams. He put in the 2 deacons and others, one of them was his dad, that started coming to the church from out of the area as the head team. This allowed this all to happen for the most of it. What is now the old church (southside baptist church) is for sale and the are renting it out. they have done this to other churches now. BNC now has what they call 4 campuses. They go in, promise a big change and all kinds of new things. Then take it over and split or disband the church. They went to small churches at first but they did not have the money they were looking for so they left them. I could tell more but it would mean writing a book almost.
My question is when is the church going to stand up for themselves. The pastor is the head of the church, yes, but he doesnt control the church. How could he do away with the deacons unless the church allowed it to take place? You cant appoint deacons in a SB church, they have to be voted in by the church body.

I dont know, I wasnt there and cant only guess with the information you give me, but it sounds like the church was lazy and let it happen. The members of the church control the direction of that church. If they dont like the pastor, they get a new one. If the pastor doesnt like the church, he moves on to a different one. That is why I left the church I was in. I didnt like the way they were doing business in a lot of areas. Even with as big of a church as it is now, the same still applies. They can vote him out. Otherwise, it isnt a church but a business and therefore isnt tax exempt as non-profit. See where I am going with this one????

Location hidden

#18 May 8, 2008
Concerned Christian wrote:
or.....

they can take their members away and start a new church after purchasing the old property or move to a new location. Either way, the message will be clear. Hundreds of people leave local church due to it becoming "cultish" or a "business" after control was taken away from members by new pastor and promises were not kept. Just leave, the current church will die.

Since: May 08

Lead Hill

#19 May 8, 2008
Well you go to church to be fed, but they are being fed what the Shannon o"dell wants to fed them, not what GOD wants them to be fed. If you are hungry and want to be fed, would you leave if you were being fed, they don't no yet that it is not the true word of GOD. My niece, she is a teen, went to BNC and Shannon O'dell, the pastor told them that it was ok to have sex that it was a gift from GOD.
Teresa

Maryville, TN

#20 May 8, 2008
I have seen many small churches be taken over by a new minister and his followers. They come in slowly after he is hired, next thing you know there are so many of them they are louder than the original members. This, in that they all come to every business meeting. Most people, upon settling upon a church will wait soem time befor they feel like they should have a voice int he business of the church, but not these kind of people.

It is easy for members to become complacent, or even just comfortable in allowing the older members to make decisions for the church- but be careful because that is what these people want.

All churches need to be wary of this type of take over. It can and does happen, often.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why won't God heal amputees? 22 min Thinking 82
God's name is Yahweh 45 min Barnsweb 232
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 58 min Barnsweb 177
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 1 hr Big Al 2,550
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 2 hr Thinking 44
Does the Bible Reveal that a Marriage is Only B... (Sep '09) 3 hr Giovanni Labile 63
Has Topix positively influenced ANY non-Christi... 3 hr Thinking 5
Religious Freedom 9 hr satanlovesyou 62
More from around the web