Scripture repeatedly fails the realit...

Scripture repeatedly fails the reality test

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#1 Apr 28, 2013
Do such failings put pressure on believers to lie?

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#2 Apr 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Do such failings put pressure on believers to lie?
I don't know about all believers, but I certainly think that applies to fundies. In fact, it doesn't have to be scripture they lie about, they have shown time and time again that they lie about absolutely anything!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4 Apr 28, 2013
The Word of God passes every test! Satan had many years to try to deceive the foolish but Holy Spirit filled REAL Christians know without a doubt that the Holy Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible, 100% true Word of the living God!

==========

Read for yourselves:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

==========

Friends, do you know for sure that Heaven will be your home when you die? If not then check out these 2 links.

"How to Go to Heaven According to the Word of God"
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_save...
----------
Question: "How can I know for sure that I will go to Heaven when I die?"
Answer: http://www.gotquestions.org/know-sure-Heaven....
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

#5 Apr 28, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
The Word of God passes every test! Satan had many years to try to deceive the foolish but Holy Spirit filled REAL Christians know without a doubt that the Holy Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible, 100% true Word of the living God!
==========
Read for yourselves:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
==========
Friends, do you know for sure that Heaven will be your home when you die? If not then check out these 2 links.
"How to Go to Heaven According to the Word of God"
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_save...
----------
Question: "How can I know for sure that I will go to Heaven when I die?"
Answer: http://www.gotquestions.org/know-sure-Heaven....
AMEN, for 2000 yrs, the bible and god has been defeating Satan

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#6 Apr 28, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
So far I have asked over 100 Christians these questions about Satan, and not one has been able to answer them. In fact, almost every Christian I've asked has tried to change the subject.

Do you think you can answer them properly? Here goes:

If God created the angels as perfect beings, then who or what influenced Satan to rebel? How could something perfect become imperfect unless some other aspect of God's creation was flawed?

If God did NOT create the angels as perfect beings, then what is the value of a God who intentionally creates flawed beings whom he later punishes for the very flaws he created?
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#7 Apr 28, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>

If God created the angels as perfect beings, then who or what influenced Satan to rebel?
The answer to the question is...temptation.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#8 Apr 28, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
How could something perfect become imperfect unless some other aspect of God's creation was flawed?
The answer to this questions is... by falling prey to temptation.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#9 Apr 28, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
If God did NOT create the angels as perfect beings, then what is the value of a God who intentionally creates flawed beings whom he later punishes for the very flaws he created?
This question is flawed.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#10 Apr 28, 2013
There you go retard. I answered your questions.

And I am not even a Christian.
little lamb

Australia

#11 Apr 28, 2013
Only to unbelievers...

Jesus gave a fine witness to Pilate ..and told Pilate he came to ' bear witness to the TRUTH' and then said " Gods word is truth"

Jesus witness led him to die a horrible death , and in the garden of Gesteheme, he submitted his will to the Father..He said " not my will, but yours be done'

And he knew where that witness to the integrity of Gods word led...and he never flinched.

Same with thousands of Christians fed to the lions by Rome..they knew where it led, but picked up their cross and followed Christ...

No coward can be a Christian..especially men who live for their own pleasures.
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

#12 Apr 28, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
So far I have asked over 100 Christians these questions about Satan, and not one has been able to answer them. In fact, almost every Christian I've asked has tried to change the subject.
Do you think you can answer them properly? Here goes:
If God created the angels as perfect beings, then who or what influenced Satan to rebel? How could something perfect become imperfect unless some other aspect of God's creation was flawed?
SALVATION
Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Your faith produces good works. It is quite simple. Believe in and Love God, accept Jesus as your savior, repent of your sins and follow the commands of God.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Don't worry , when you are burning in hell for being a unbeliever, you will wish you read and remembered those verses.
Mark 3:29
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

#13 Apr 28, 2013
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
There you go retard. I answered your questions.
And I am not even a Christian.
SALVATION
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Your faith produces good works. It is quite simple. Believe in and Love God, accept Jesus as your savior, repent of your sins and follow the commands of God.

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Don't worry , when you are burning in hell for being a unbeliever, you will wish you read and remembered those verses.

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#14 Apr 28, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>

Because the 'Angels' were given free will as well, or they would be robots, instead of 'Angels.'
Satan, was God's most beautiful of them all.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
SALVATION
Typical deflection.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 28, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the 'Angels' were given free will as well, or they would be robots, instead of 'Angels.'
The angels were given free will to do what? Obey or disobey God?

Obey God and stay in heaven, disobey and be kicked out. Right?

Okay, even though that's found nowhere in Scripture, let's work off that premise.

The angels were given free will. Some decided to obey God and some thought they could do a better job. If they thought they could do a better job, they must have thought heaven wasn't a perfect place.

If they DID think heaven was perfect then they would have done what they had to in order to stay.

What was it about heaven that the "bad" angels thought wasn't perfect?

If heaven was perfect and some angels couldn't understand why it wasn't perfect, then they were "defective" in some way. The "bad" angels didn't have the same perception as the "good" angels. Which means that God didn't make all the angels alike. He must have made two groups: perfect angels that fully understood that heaven was a perfect place, and imperfect angels who couldn't see how perfect heaven was.

So, God punished the angels that HE HIMSELF made imperfect.

That makes your God a jerk. And it proves that your God doesn't exist, because a God who made imperfect beings then punished them for the imperfections he gave them isn't consistent with a God of perfect love who is all good and only capable of perfection.

Location hidden

#17 Apr 28, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
All angels are male, according to Scripture. Or, at the very least, whenever they appear to humans they are male. Why do you think that is?

Is it because the Bible was written by males who dominated females, treated them as inferiors, and sold them as property?

Location hidden

#18 Apr 28, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
There are eight passages in the Bible that refer to God directly sending evil spirits to do His bidding.

If God uses evil spirits then obviously God has full control over them.

And yet most Christians claim that Satan uses evil spirits to do his work, even though there isn't a single passage in the Bible that refers to Satan doing so.

Just admit it - Christians believe in a lot of stuff that isn't in the Bible. The Christian faith is therefore made up, bogus.

Location hidden

#19 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
The answer to the question is...temptation.
So, God created Satan as a perfect being but Satan was tempted.

By whom or what was Satan tempted?

Location hidden

#20 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
The answer to this questions is... by falling prey to temptation.
So, you're saying that something perfect become imperfect by falling prey to temptation.

Okay, then - what tempted Satan to become imperfect?

Location hidden

#21 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
This question is flawed.
The question is valid. Your comprehension is flawed, or you're unable to provide an answer.

I'll give you another chance: If God did NOT create the angels as perfect beings, then what is the value of a God who intentionally creates flawed beings whom he later punishes for the very flaws he created?

If your answer is "God created all the angels as perfect beings but some were tempted to rebel" then you need to specify what or whom incited Satan to rebel.

If paradise was perfect and Satan was dissatisfied, then his judgment must have been imperfect. Again, since God created Satan, the "fact" that Satan's judgment was impaired must be God's mistake, or God's plan.

If it was a mistake, then God is a fraud.

If it was God's plan for Satan to rebel and then be punished for doing exactly what God wanted him to do, then God is a fraud.

Your God is a fraud. Just admit it already. Sheesh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark 4:11 Should Christians follow the Bible? 3 min Passing thru 29
So whats up with Texas? 6 min Son of Man 2
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 21 min waaasssuuup 4,487
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 32 min Son of Man 2,193
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 40 min Passing thru 89
Sodom and Gomorrah And Drunk incest. 52 min Son of Man 297
Challenge to all Christians 54 min Passing thru 394
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 1 hr Son of Man 3,600
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 1 hr Passing thru 144
More from around the web