Faith in Science
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Big Al

Springfield, MO

#67 Sep 22, 2012
"A religious creed differs from a scientific theory in claiming to embody eternal and absolutely certain truth, whereas science is always tentative, expecting that modification in its present theories will sooner or later be found necessary…" - Bertrand Russell

"Religion will not regain its old power until it can face change in the same spirit as does science." — Alfred North Whitehead

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#68 Sep 22, 2012
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and Pluto was a planet...or was it? Gee, I was always taught it was in school and I actually graduated 12th grade! But now they say it's not. Those darn scientists! When will they ever make up my mind?
..... and Saturn was the Prince of the Heavenly Host and now it's a planer. When will they ever make up their minds?

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#69 Sep 24, 2012
CIMLAS2 wrote:
<quoted text>Darn! it actually posted a nice reply yo me.
Here is a site that is a riposte to the one you gave me that claims the bible contains scientific facts. So go on, surprise me, read it!
www.ebonmusings.org/atheism/foreknowledge.htm...
I am sure you will notice the link contains the word atheism, but you will not turn into a frog if you click on it. Trust me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible Interpretation 1 hr ROG 1,580
Just A Talk With You Christians. 1 hr ROG 481
False beliefs: 1 hr ROG 134
Why did Christ come to Earth? 1 hr ROG 703
What did Jesus tell us about Paul? 4 hr Jesus Is 20
Intelligent People Question Everything 5 hr NO WAY 869
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) (Mar '16) 6 hr PrinceofDarkness 3,311
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 6 hr NO WAY 20,825
More from around the web