consumer apocalypse: artifact iconogr...

consumer apocalypse: artifact iconography

Posted in the Christian Forum

Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#1 Mar 14, 2013
In the story "Othello" (William Shakespeare), the villain Iago seduces a trusted African nobleman to betray his faith because of vanity frailties and he does so out of malice and spite and envy. In the film "The Exorcist" (1971), a troubled priest confronts a nefarious demon determined to seduce him into embracing suicide out of lust. In the film "Valentine" (2001), a ruthless serial killer preys on American teenagers during the romance ritual of Valentine's Day out of wrath.

These three stories of envy, lust, and wrath all have something in common --- they prove the frailties of pride and how such ethics frailties give way to social betrayal.

In the ravenous consumer age, where digitized video games such as "Diner Dash" (GameLab) capitalistically reflect the cultural marketability of civilization-anxious Hollywood (USA movies such as "Black Rain" (1989), perhaps contemplating the behavioral relationship between sin and crime reveals species vulnerability.

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 49 min RiccardoFire 1,626
the pauline paradox 1 hr stephgw64 66
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 2 hr stephgw64 118
The truth is difficult, I understand. 11 hr stephgw64 28
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 13 hr stephgw64 2,445
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) 14 hr stephgw64 461
George Washington and the duty of prayer Tue Missio Dei 1
More from around the web