jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#697 Sep 5, 2013
MAYBE A REFLECTION DID THIS:

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#699 Sep 11, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
God is a reflection of the person who believes in God.
For people that are kind, compassionate, and considerate, the God they believe exists is kind, compassionate, and considerate.
For people that are spiteful, jealous, and vengeful, the God they believe exists is spiteful, jealous, and vengeful.
That's why there is no guarantee that being a Christian (for example, since this is a Christian forum) makes you a good person.
Good people will be good people no matter what faith they ascribe to, and even if they have no faith at all they will still be good people.
Accordingly, bad people will till be bad people no matter what, if anything, they believe.
It's true that a person will be what they are. The recreation of Christian Reconstructionism in the 1970's by Nixon and Billy Graham, and delivered through the televangelist and funded by the rich to get voters to vote republicans making the rich richer, is just one example of how emphasizing a self-centered approach to a deity, where YOU control the deity, allows people who are judgmental and negative and racist and bigoted and homophobic to come together and pretend THEY are the only ones PERMANENTLY saved because THEY are BORN AGAIN ( a phrase used ONCE in the bible).

Those who emphasize helping the least of these, the poor, who see the rich as not entering a heaven where requirement to get there includes actions, will be more compassionate.

It shows me that Christ's teachings emphasize goodness. The born agains emphasize justification for hating, and that's a point you made really well.

Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dumbest Creationist on Earth 10 min Gillette 216
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 22 min Wondering 17,413
I don't understand 24 min Barnsweb 590
Christian Topix forum? 35 min PrinceofDarkness 14
Jesus Is Not The Reason For The Season 37 min PrinceofDarkness 31
Creeationism is a mental illness 39 min PrinceofDarkness 173
Is the Republican Party the Party of Satan? (Apr '13) 41 min Republicans are s... 85
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? (Jun '14) 45 min PrinceofDarkness 4,755
Let's talk about God's definition of love 1 hr Anonymous 473
Why doesn't God let its believers know who has ... 1 hr Jake999 612
More from around the web