God and Satan are the same being.
Native

Lancaster, PA

#87 Feb 10, 2012
Debbie
You are 14 and think God and satan are the same? Satan was a FALLEN ANGEL or did you skip that part in the Bible? He HAD pride that is what led him to be kicked out of heaven with half the angels whom we call demons.

People suffer because of the sin and because Adam and Eve made a choice to disobey God. Disobedience brings disaster every time.

God does NOT want robots he wants people who want to worship him NOT people who are forced to.
Debbie wrote:
I'm only 14 but I have no doubt about it. They ARE the same entity. There is SO much contradiction in the bible but if God and Satan were the same being THAT WOULD EXPLAIN EVERYTHING. "Why does God let people suffer if he's so 'all powerful'?" An athiest would say. Now, I believe in God totally, God IS all powerful but if God is Satan then so is Satan but God also promised to "free us from Satan." Meaning, he wants to destroy his 'other side' once and for all. Also, there has been SO MUCH CONTROVERSY in the story of Job. "If God is 'all powerful' why did he submit and let Satan do this and how did Satan get to heaven to begin with?" some say. Because God is all powerful and no one can trump God except God. So the other side of God tries to take over. He's all powerful. His biggest asset is his biggest curse.:(
Though he promises to get rid of it.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#88 Feb 10, 2012
Native wrote:
Debbie
You are 14 and think God and satan are the same? Satan was a FALLEN ANGEL or did you skip that part in the Bible? He HAD pride that is what led him to be kicked out of heaven with half the angels whom we call demons.
People suffer because of the sin and because Adam and Eve made a choice to disobey God. Disobedience brings disaster every time.
God does NOT want robots he wants people who want to worship him NOT people who are forced to.
<quoted text>
Yeah, there is no forcing there, at all. It is just 'effing do it, or burn forever and ever and ever, but he really, really loves you. Yeah, why would you think you have a choice.

Hostage taker puts a gun to a victims head and says "you will do it or die", and for him to do that, it's a crime. It's the same thing your god is doing. Or it would be, if he was real. No love there, guaranteed! Crap god is an abusive bastard! Just like the abusive husband, he will black your eye and beat you to death, but he loves you, he really, really does.
Native

United States

#89 Feb 11, 2012
Reason
God does love you, BUT he will not force you to worship him. You make your own decision to go to hell if you reject Jesus as your Lord and Savior you cannot blame other's for that. You can decide not to worship God and there are consequences to that.
How is God abusive? Why you so angry with him? Alot of anger is coming from you or why else would you call God a name like bastard?
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, there is no forcing there, at all. It is just 'effing do it, or burn forever and ever and ever, but he really, really loves you. Yeah, why would you think you have a choice.
Hostage taker puts a gun to a victims head and says "you will do it or die", and for him to do that, it's a crime. It's the same thing your god is doing. Or it would be, if he was real. No love there, guaranteed! Crap god is an abusive bastard! Just like the abusive husband, he will black your eye and beat you to death, but he loves you, he really, really does.
John

Ames, IA

#90 Mar 27, 2012
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take door number three Monty.
[the Lamb in all his names]/Lucifer/Marduk etc. are not the name of the same being, they are the names of our binary sun. walk in love in the New Age, the "continuity of gov't" is probably not really the devil, but you are the creator of your reality. you all will be illuminated soon, and must make a choice

Earth,TX

#91 Mar 27, 2012
Native wrote:
Reason
God does love you, BUT he will not force you to worship him. You make your own decision to go to hell if you reject Jesus as your Lord and Savior you cannot blame other's for that. You can decide not to worship God and there are consequences to that.
How is God abusive? Why you so angry with him? Alot of anger is coming from you or why else would you call God a name like bastard?
<quoted text>
There is no god, there is no hell, there is no Satan, there is no heaven and anything that would offer unending violence for imaginary crimes, not committed, is an abusive bastard. If there were gods, they would be nothing like the foul confused and insecure mess that the bible depicts as it's god.

An all powerful god, so insecure that he would destroy anything for not showing instantaneous obedience, what a joke. There is nothing godlike in that. That is every power hungry, scared little man who ever beat a woman down. You have no god, you have dirty minded spell casters intent on keeping you forking over the 10% which keeps them from gainful employment.

<quoted text>Yeah, there is no forcing there, at all. It is just 'effing do it, or burn forever and ever and ever, but he really, really loves you. Yeah, why would you think you have a choice.

The bible is a slave manual.

nopeagain

Las Vegas, NV

#93 Mar 29, 2012
Okay, let's go over this.

There are beings, the left and right side.

Satan is indeed called a god in the bible, the god of this world, I actually think this kind've makes him a lesser spirit, even for the left.

Just imagine a spirit being forced to be here, I wouldn't want to do that myself even if I was a spirit, I would completely want to do something else.

However, the left itself obviously made such things as the world provided it was made, notice I said provided, no I do not know, and actually don't want to or need to, but who else would do it?

Perhaps we should just stop memorizing names and sh##! And just simplify, negative gods, and positive gods.

It's actually completely aligned with some other beliefs, one states that their god or "ruler" is a creator and destroyer, and one person can not be both, you either create or destroy, they only made the mistake of portraying it as one specific entity, they are many.
Alex Parkinson

Longueuil, Canada

#94 Jan 13, 2013
Satan and God are the SAME BEING simply because ONE CANNOT EXIST WITHOUT THE OTHER. Without such a thing as "bad" there cannot be such a thing as "good". Without such a thing as "God", there cannot be such a thing as "Satan". One allows the other because ONE CANNOT EXIST WITHOUT THE OTHER. God cannot exist without Satan and Satan cannot exist without God. Therefore, it would be WISE to GLORIFY the OTHER just as one GLORIFIES the ONE, because the ONE which is GLORIFIED OWES IT'S EXISTENCE ON THE PRESENCE OF THE OTHER. Since ONE IS FOREVER PRESENT, THE OTHER IS FOREVER PRESENT ALSO. Within the absolute, GOD KNOWS OF BEING WITHIN THE OTHER, just as SATAN KNOWS OF BEING WITHIN THE ONE therefore, God TRULY GLORIFIES SATAN, just as SATAN TRULY GLORIFIES GOD - BECAUSE IN SUCH, GOD GLORIFIES ITSELF IN SATAN, and SATAN GLORIFIES ITSELF IN GOD. It would be WISE therefore to GLORIFY THE ONE WHICH WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AGAINST, because it is ONLY BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT THERE IS ONE WHICH IS "AGAINST" that the ONE which we GLORIFY (either God or Satan), can be made REAL.
Grim

Orlando, FL

#95 Dec 12, 2013
Sorry.
I could be wrong, but for a god that is all love mercy and forgiving he sure allows a lot of hate, pain, suffering and misery.
The eveidence shows this to be the case. The evidence says he is un-beleveably crule and sadistic, to be honest.
It seems "god" says one thing but says, allows and creates the other.
Does it not say; "You will know a tree by the friut it bares."?
If Satan is the "great deceptor", wouldn't THIS qualify as his BIGGEST decepton?
Grim

Orlando, FL

#96 Dec 12, 2013
To "Reason personified"

Just for the record; "70% of all domestic violence is initiated by the FEMALE in domestic violence cases".
Pleas revuethe F.B.I. and world health organizations statistics for further references.

And please eave your sexism (directed at men or women) at the door, when you come in.

P.S.
The media is the WORSE place to find the truth on gender issues.(or much of anything else)
Prophet of God

Venezuela

#97 Dec 12, 2013
Grim wrote:
To "Reason personified"
Just for the record; "70% of all domestic violence is initiated by the FEMALE in domestic violence cases".
Pleas revuethe F.B.I. and world health organizations statistics for further references.
And please eave your sexism (directed at men or women) at the door, when you come in.
P.S.
The media is the WORSE place to find the truth on gender issues.(or much of anything else)
From this time forth, every time you
post on this Christian forum on the topix
website. 7 evil spirits shall come upon you
and your family and dwell with you and shall
not depart from you, except by my word.

Thus saith my God.

Earth,TX

#98 Dec 12, 2013
Grim wrote:
To "Reason personified"
P.S.
Bullshit, he will black your eye, and beat you to death, but he loves you, he really really loves you.

Your god-myth is every insecure abusive man ever, you know and we know that a god beaten by the iron chariot is a tiny and insignificant god, he is limited and broken. And because of it, none of you actually follow his words. If you actually believed, you would be stoning sinners in the streets, but instead you all play at being righteous.
Prophet of God

Buffalo, NY

#99 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text> Bullshit, he will black your eye, and beat you to death, but he loves you, he really really loves you.
Your god-myth is every insecure abusive man ever, you know and we know that a god beaten by the iron chariot is a tiny and insignificant god, he is limited and broken. And because of it, none of you actually follow his words. If you actually believed, you would be stoning sinners in the streets, but instead you all play at being righteous.

Thus saith my God.
debunker

Sunnyvale, CA

#100 Dec 13, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
According to Scripture, Satan and God are the same being.
2 Samuel 24:1-3 says:
Again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, "Go and take a census of Israel and Judah." So the king said to Joab and the army commanders with him, "Go throughout the tribes of Israel from Dan to Beersheba and enroll the fighting men, so that I may know how many there are." But Joab replied to the king, "May the LORD your God multiply the troops a hundred times over, and may the eyes of my lord the king see it. But why does my lord the king want to do such a thing?"
1 Chronicles 21:1-3 recounts the same event, but says Satan incited David (@ Samuel 24 says the LORD incited David):
Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel. So David said to Joab and the commanders of the troops, "Go and count the Israelites from Beersheba to Dan. Then report back to me so that I may know how many there are." But Joab replied, "May the LORD multiply his troops a hundred times over. My lord the king, are they not all my lord's subjects? Why does my lord want to do this? Why should he bring guilt on Israel?"
2 Samuel 24 and 1 Chronicles 21 recount the EXACT SAME EVENT, even down to the dialogue.
It's irrefutable: one sacred text says SATAN rose up against Israel, while the other says THE LORD did.
There are only two possible moves, and either way it's checkmate:
1. One of the authors made a MISTAKE, in which case the Bible is not reliable or truthful.
2. God and Satan are the same being, in which case Christians worship the Devil.
Which is it?
his is a good one, so I asked the internet to come up with an explanation and it seems it did:

http://kentcrockett.com/biblestudies/2samuel2...

"These two chapters are often pointed out by skeptics to show how the Bible apparently contradicts itself. The authors of Samuel and Chronicles recorded the same event, but gave different descriptions in their accounts. Listed below are explanations for their 6 differences.

2 Samuel 24

1 Chronicles 21

The Lord incited David to number Israel (v.1)

Satan moved David to number Israel (v.1)

This is a Hebrew idiom, where a person is said to do that which he permits to be done. In this instance, God permits Satan to be the primary agent in tempting David. In Job 1:6-12, we find that Satan must get permission from the Lord before he can act."

it makes sense to me, but it's a bit confusing

Earth,TX

#101 Dec 14, 2013
Prophet of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Thus saith my God.
Ha, ha, ha ha, you silly fool! Like I have not been cursed before. What a joke. The god who fell before the iron chariot and it's few horses, will never challenge a woman who has has harnessed the power of hundreds of horses into a single magnificent chariot. Take your whimpering pissy little wore out toothless god off the leash, so he can crawl back under the porch.

Since: Nov 13

Oceanside, CA

#102 Dec 16, 2013
Let me give a different perspective see here:

The Sumerian records recorded in great detail the stories of the Anunnaki, and among these, that of Enki, Enlil, Ninki, Inanna, Utu, Ningishzida, Marduk, and many others. Chief among these stories was the continuing conflict between Enki and Enlil, the sons of the supreme god of the time, Anu. Much of ancient human history, and the Biblical Genesis, can be explained as the militant differences between these two half-brothers, and how they affected the life of all sentient beings on Earth.

But the Anunnaki were more than just a pair of squabbling half-brothers. They were the council of Gods and Goddesses, who periodically met to consider their future actions with respect to each other, and probably as a smaller, nondescript item on their agenda, the fate of mankind. The Anunnaki, depending upon the context, were the Nephilim, the gods that Abraham’s father, Terah,(according to the book of Joshua) was reputed to have served, the fallen angels, the lesser individuals of the race from which Anu, Enki, Enlil, Inanna and the other notables had sprung, and the “judges” over the question of life and death. They were in fact the bene ha-elohim, which translates as “the sons of the gods”, or equally likely,“the sons of the goddesses.” For example, from Psalm 82:
“Jehovah takes his stand at the Council of El to deliver judgment
among the elohim.”“You too are gods, sons of El Elyon, all of you.”
The Anunnaki have also been equated with the “Watchers”(who are also mentioned in the books of Daniel and Jubilees), i.e.“Behold a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven.”-- Daniel 4:13

But the connection between humans and the Anunnaki is much more profound than that of masters and slaves. All the evidence strongly advocates the concept that Adam and Eve and their ancestors, cousins, and what-have-you were created by genetic engineering and mixing the DNA of Anunnaki with that of Homo erectus, the reigning progenitor of man at the time. Fundamentally, this was because the Anunnaki needed someone to work the mines in search of gold and other Precious Metals, and in all likelihood the ORME.

http://www.halexandria.org/dward185.htm
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#103 Dec 16, 2013
In Christianity, Satan is worshipped as God and is called "Father Christmas" (Santa). He is immortal and depicted the same way Christians depict God, with long grey hair and a long grey beard. There are a lot of parallels between the two but Christians today don't know they worship Satan. Christianity is called "the great transgression". Psalm 19:13.
debunker

San Jose, CA

#104 Dec 16, 2013
susanblange wrote:
In Christianity, Satan is worshipped as God and is called "Father Christmas" (Santa). He is immortal and depicted the same way Christians depict God, with long grey hair and a long grey beard. There are a lot of parallels between the two but Christians today don't know they worship Satan. Christianity is called "the great transgression". Psalm 19:13.
Psalm 19:13
American Standard Version (ASV)
13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me: Then shall I be upright, And I shall be clear from great transgression.

don't take a phrase out of verse and try to put a different meaning on it.

how's that canibalism belief coming along?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#105 Dec 16, 2013
debunker wrote:
<quoted text>Psalm 19:13
American Standard Version (ASV)
13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me: Then shall I be upright, And I shall be clear from great transgression.
don't take a phrase out of verse and try to put a different meaning on it.
how's that canibalism belief coming along?
My bible (OKJV) says, "...and I shall be innocent from the great transgression". THE transgression is Christianity. It would help if we all read the same translation. The OKJV is the one authorized by God but that's another story. Christians symbolically engage in cannibalism every time they take the Eucharist. John 6:48-58. Jesus calls himself the "bread of life".
debunker

United States

#106 Dec 16, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>My bible (OKJV) says, "...and I shall be innocent from the great transgression". THE transgression is Christianity. It would help if we all read the same translation. The OKJV is the one authorized by God but that's another story. Christians symbolically engage in cannibalism every time they take the Eucharist. John 6:48-58. Jesus calls himself the "bread of life".
you're an id*ot
debunker

Sunnyvale, CA

#107 Dec 17, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
According to Scripture, Satan and God are the same being.
2 Samuel 24:1-3 says:
Again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, "Go and take a census of Israel and Judah." So the king said to Joab and the army commanders with him, "Go throughout the tribes of Israel from Dan to Beersheba and enroll the fighting men, so that I may know how many there are." But Joab replied to the king, "May the LORD your God multiply the troops a hundred times over, and may the eyes of my lord the king see it. But why does my lord the king want to do such a thing?"
1 Chronicles 21:1-3 recounts the same event, but says Satan incited David (@ Samuel 24 says the LORD incited David):
Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel. So David said to Joab and the commanders of the troops, "Go and count the Israelites from Beersheba to Dan. Then report back to me so that I may know how many there are." But Joab replied, "May the LORD multiply his troops a hundred times over. My lord the king, are they not all my lord's subjects? Why does my lord want to do this? Why should he bring guilt on Israel?"
2 Samuel 24 and 1 Chronicles 21 recount the EXACT SAME EVENT, even down to the dialogue.
It's irrefutable: one sacred text says SATAN rose up against Israel, while the other says THE LORD did.
There are only two possible moves, and either way it's checkmate:
1. One of the authors made a MISTAKE, in which case the Bible is not reliable or truthful.
2. God and Satan are the same being, in which case Christians worship the Devil.
Which is it?
http://www.makinglifecount.net /#/bible-studies/alleged-error s-in-bible Obviously God and Satan are not the same being. Zechariah 3:1-2, Job 1:6, Job 2:1 proves this, along with many other verses.

Satan is a fallen angel who was kicked out of heaven and is the adversary of God. http://storage.cloversites.com/makinglifecoun...

2 Samuel 24:1 is Hebrew idiom where a person is said to do that which he permits to be done. 1 Chronicles 21:1 shows that Satan was the agent that provoked David. In the Old Testament God is seen as sovereign over the earth and Satan must get permission before he can do anything, which is demonstrated in Job chapters 1 & 2. In Hebrew there are verbs for both causative and permissive. God did not cause it, but allowed it. Satan was the one who provoked David to number Israel. God doesn’t tempt anyone (see James 1:13), but He allows us to be tempted up to a point (1 Cor. 10:13).

I hope that helps.
Kent
Making Life Count Ministries
www.makinglifecount.net

this is not me, but i went to the internet & found him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No One Needs Moral Standards From God 16 min 100percentconcent... 29
Electricity is Satans power on the world (Apr '10) 25 min 100percentconcent... 27
Science And Discoveries To The Rescue 1 hr Blacklagoon 111
What laws and teachings fall under the new cove... (Sep '15) 3 hr Allen Richards 93
You are God, What is the first thing you Fix? 4 hr Cats paw 42
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 4 hr Cats paw 393
Forum has gone to the dogs 4 hr Cats paw 207
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 10 hr Cats paw 21,194
More from around the web