Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#42 Jan 8, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
At a bare minimum, you would have no Bible to obsessively thump were it not for 1500 years of the Catholic Church, writing, preserving, copying, protecting and teaching these scriptures so that eventually you American Protestant fundamentalists could come along and claim everyone else was wrong and hell-bound and you guys are the only right ones.
Also, many of the ideas you have -- theological, church historical, etc.-- are drawn from the millenia and a half of sacred traditions of the Catholic Church before Luther came along. See Paul for the importance of church tradition.
So if Catholicism was and is so evil and abominable, etc. where was your Holy Spirit for 1500 years until Martin Luther the Jew Hater came along?
Read this free e-book and you will those answers: www.scribd.com/doc/99734260 ...
You are correct in that either the Holy Spirit is directing the RCC, or He is not. Was the RCC, which claims it can never err, directed by the Holy Spirit to arrest, imprison, torture and kill hundreds of thousands Bible-believing Christians for 600 years??? You need to read objective, generic Church history and you will see there were Christians who were not a part of either Protestantism or Catholicism.

Location hidden

#43 Jan 8, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but both you and your tawdry theology are despicably harsh and narrow-minded. I suppose, if it's any consolation, that you and the God you imagine are alike enough to deserve each other.
have no problem with any born again by the Holy Spirit, Bible-believing Christian. Contrary to the commercials you see on television, Christianity is exclusive, not inclusive.

Location hidden

#44 Jan 8, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>He sure does and BOY IS HE PISSED!
Nice language. Do you talk to God with that mouth?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#45 Jan 8, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Nice language. Do you talk to God with that mouth?
It's a cleaner mouth than the one you use to spout your hate, that's for sure, Pharisee!

Location hidden

#46 Jan 8, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but both you and your tawdry theology are despicably harsh and narrow-minded. I suppose, if it's any consolation, that you and the God you imagine are alike enough to deserve each other.
Uh-huh. You are probably one of those unrealistic peaceniks who believe the Palestinians and Israelis can someday live in peace and harmony. One side is right, the other is wrong. There will be no middle ground. Jesus Christ will return when the entire world gangs up upon the Israelis, He will most assuredly be on the side of Israel! These will be the events soon-to-come upon the earth: www.scribd.com/doc/22629976 ...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#47 Jan 8, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text> Contrary to the commercials you see on television, Christianity is exclusive, not inclusive.
Well, YOUR kind of Xtianity is. But then you are one of those who needs the reassurance of feeling like you belong in the one little club that "gets to heaven" and, more importantly, escapes the eternal tortures of your lovely God.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#48 Jan 8, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct in that either the Holy Spirit is directing the RCC, or He is not.
Why wouldn't your Holy Spirit direct the spiritual efforts of ALL sincere Christians, no matter what denomination (or non-denom denomination) they feel they need to belong to?

You imagine that for yourself but are unwilling to grant it to others.
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Was the RCC, which claims it can never err, directed by the Holy Spirit to arrest, imprison, torture and kill hundreds of thousands Bible-believing Christians for 600 years???
It claims it cannot err on matters of DOCTRINE, not on everything. And they would say that that claim is as scripturally based as anything you have posted.

And the "arrest, imprison, torture" continued by the Protestant in the Reformation, as I'm sure you are aware.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#49 Jan 8, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Uh-huh. You are probably one of those unrealistic peaceniks who believe the Palestinians and Israelis can someday live in peace and harmony.
I have no opinion on the Middle East conflict.
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>One side is right, the other is wrong.
Well, that's your thickly stupid and narrow-minded mentality speaking here, isn't it? With people like you fueling the fire, no wonder people die. I wonder who you are REALLY serving! LOL
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus Christ will return when the entire world gangs up upon the Israelis, He will most assuredly be on the side of Israel! These will be the events soon-to-come upon the earth: www.scribd.com/doc/22629976 ...
Loveless, legalistic Pharisee. You may get spewed out of the side of his mouth. "Not everyone who sayeth unto me Lord, Lord..."
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text> www.scribd.com/doc/22629976 ...
%$#@ your creepy e-book, sweaty little hustler.

Location hidden

#50 Jan 8, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't your Holy Spirit direct the spiritual efforts of ALL sincere Christians, no matter what denomination (or non-denom denomination) they feel they need to belong to?
<quoted text>
It claims it cannot err on matters of DOCTRINE, not on everything. And they would say that that claim is as scripturally based as anything you have posted.
And the "arrest, imprison, torture" continued by the Protestant in the Reformation, as I'm sure you are aware.
Yes, in a much, much smaller scale. While the Catholics burned true Christians, Protestants drowned them.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#51 Jan 8, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Bible believing, Holy Spirit filled Christians are the ONLY ONES GOING TO HEAVEN.

Hate that, don't you?

Location hidden

#52 Jan 8, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, YOUR kind of Xtianity is. But then you are one of those who needs the reassurance of feeling like you belong in the one little club that "gets to heaven" and, more importantly, escapes the eternal tortures of your lovely God.
On the contrary. I want to see everyone, except for unrepentant rapists and murderers, share in His eternal bliss :)

Location hidden

#53 Jan 8, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, in a much, much smaller scale. While the Catholics burned true Christians, Protestants drowned them.
plus, the RCC killed more Christians than all other religions COMBINED!

Location hidden

#54 Jan 8, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no opinion on the Middle East conflict.
<quoted text>
Well, that's your thickly stupid and narrow-minded mentality speaking here, isn't it? With people like you fueling the fire, no wonder people die. I wonder who you are REALLY serving! LOL
<quoted text>
Loveless, legalistic Pharisee. You may get spewed out of the side of his mouth. "Not everyone who sayeth unto me Lord, Lord..."
<quoted text>
%$#@ your creepy e-book, sweaty little hustler.
Yes, "not every who says, Lord, Lord will enter in to the kingdom of God..." There are many "Christians"who will preach in Christ's name, do miracles and other wonderful works who will be turned away by God. Why? Because they did not have a personal relationship with Him. Hustler? I do not sell my manuscripts, unlike those who are making a buck off of the Gospel. And, I did have an offer to do so. My wife cleared that up for me. She said, would the apostles have sold the Gospel message, or given it away freely? The Lord used her to keep me on track and in a position to glorify Him.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#55 Jan 8, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>plus, the RCC killed more Christians than all other religions COMBINED!
You don't sound any better by even an iota, frankly. Thank goodness the levers of power passed from the hands of religious fanatics (at least in the West) a LONG time ago!

Location hidden

#56 Jan 8, 2013
P.S. "Legalistic, loveless Pharisees "don't preach this:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

Location hidden

#57 Jan 9, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a cleaner mouth than the one you use to spout your hate, that's for sure, Pharisee!
Your curses are but blessings from my Lord & King :)

Location hidden

#58 Jan 9, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible believing, Holy Spirit filled Christians are the ONLY ONES GOING TO HEAVEN.
Hate that, don't you?
Um. No I don't. Am in complete agreement.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#59 Jan 9, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Your curses are but blessings from my Lord & King :)
I don't curse you. I expose you and your kind to the light of day.

And your "I'm a glorious victim for Jesus' sake" is a pathetic little act.

Location hidden

#60 Jan 9, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't curse you. I expose you and your kind to the light of day.
And your "I'm a glorious victim for Jesus' sake" is a pathetic little act.
And I expose you and your kind also. Only one of us can be right and on the side of the Lord God.

Location hidden

#61 Jan 10, 2013
The Lord will not forever tolerate dope-smoking, homo-loving, baby killing , earth worshippers to "call the shots." Those who claim to be Christian and representing God, yet fail to bring attention to God's hatred of sin, are hasting the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. ANYONE who believes the sanctioning of gay marriage is what Jesus would want us to do in the name of God's love, are clueless as to His thoughts, ways and laws. The Episcopalian Church will now allow gay marriage ceremonies at the Washington National Cathedral. One of their "very reverend" ministers believes they must make Christianity more inclusive, and can do so by putting their stamp of approval on the gay lifestyle. "if the blind lead the blind, both fall into the ditch!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Love of God vs the Wrath of God 3 min Huntington Guy 41
Why are SO many christians.. 21 min NDanger 5
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 25 min Weepy 18,590
Are there any true churches in America 1 hr just a man 27
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr PopeIsDemon 83,903
Evoution Frauds 2 hr Gary Coaldigger 95
Let's talk about God's definition of love 2 hr dollarsbill 625
Answer This,If You Will and If You Can... 5 hr dollarsbill 124
More from around the web