The Religion of Nimrod
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 27, 2012
A preview of the religion that will be embraced by the masses in the "Last Days."
www.scribd.com/doc/99737182/The-Religion ...

Location hidden

#2 Dec 27, 2012
There are only 2 religions in the world:
1. Works
2. Grace
Only 1 will be accepted by the Holy One of Israel!
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#4 Dec 27, 2012
He is Coming Soon wrote:
There are only 2 religions in the world:
1. Works
2. Grace
Only 1 will be accepted by the Holy One of Israel!
Matthew 25:31-46 indicates clearly that #1 above will be the reason why (presumably) BILLIONS will be led off by Jesus Himself into the "Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."

Actual WORDS OF JESUS!
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#5 Dec 27, 2012
Since Nimrod is credited with having instigated the building of the tower of Babel and of being the author of Babylonian idolatry, he probably worshipped Utu or one of the other pantheon of Sumerian idols.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utu

This was one of the several reasons God called Abraham out of Ur.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#6 Dec 27, 2012
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 25:31-46 indicates clearly that #1 above will be the reason why (presumably) BILLIONS will be led off by Jesus Himself into the "Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."
Actual WORDS OF JESUS!
Indeed.
Grace comes from God and works are the proof of one's faith in God.

To wit:

"What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?
Can that faith save him?
If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, and one of you says to them,“Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,” but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?
So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Indeed someone might say,“You have faith and I have works.” Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works.

You believe that God is one. You do well.
Even the demons believe that and tremble.
Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that faith without works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar?

You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by the works.
Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says,“Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called “the friend of God.”

See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone."

James 2:14-24

Location hidden

#7 Dec 28, 2012
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Actual WORDS OF JESUS!
He also siad, "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him who he hath sent." If salvation is agift as stated in Ephesians 2:8, you cannot work for it. A gift is freely given with no strings attached. You cannot earn or steal it. Christianity differs from all other religions in that it is the only one that does not require you to work our way in to Heaven. Billions saved? The New Jerusalem spoken of in Revelations is 1500 miles in all six directions. Sounds like a limited amount of space, doesn't it? Jesus also warned few would be saved in the book of Matthew, you are quoting. Don't remember the exact chapter, verse, off hand.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 28, 2012
Ok, Luke 13:23,24 is one passage that states FEW will be saved.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 28, 2012
Nimrod in Hebrew means "We will defy." Those who believe they can earn their salvation are in league with him! "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us..." Titus 3:5.
www.scribd.com/doc/99737182/The-Religion ...
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#10 Dec 28, 2012
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>He also siad, "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him who he hath sent." If salvation is agift as stated in Ephesians 2:8, you cannot work for it. A gift is freely given with no strings attached. You cannot earn or steal it. Christianity differs from all other religions in that it is the only one that does not require you to work our way in to Heaven. Billions saved? The New Jerusalem spoken of in Revelations is 1500 miles in all six directions. Sounds like a limited amount of space, doesn't it? Jesus also warned few would be saved in the book of Matthew, you are quoting. Don't remember the exact chapter, verse, off hand.
If someone gives you a garage, standing in it doesn't make you into a car.

God gives you faith, you demonstrate thanks by the works you produce, thus becoming a mature Christian.

"By their fruit you shall know them".
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#11 Dec 28, 2012
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>He also siad, "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him who he hath sent."
So your Bible CONTRADICTS itself!

The Jewish Jesus of the synoptics versus the grandiose Greek philosopher jesus of John and the rantings of PAUL, who was a MAN.
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>If salvation is agift as stated in Ephesians 2:8, you cannot work for it.
You quote me Paul. I quoted you the actual words of Jesus! Who you gonna believe?:)
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>A gift is freely given with no strings attached. You cannot earn or steal it. Christianity differs from all other religions in that it is the only one that does not require you to work our way in to Heaven.
Total propaganda BS. Your fundamentalist Christian brand of "born-again" contemporary Protestantism comes with HUGE STRINGS ATTACHED, of belief, morality, behavior, etc.

Location hidden

#12 Dec 30, 2012
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
So your Bible CONTRADICTS itself!
The Jewish Jesus of the synoptics versus the grandiose Greek philosopher jesus of John and the rantings of PAUL, who was a MAN.
<quoted text>
You quote me Paul. I quoted you the actual words of Jesus! Who you gonna believe?:)
<quoted text>
Total propaganda BS. Your fundamentalist Christian brand of "born-again" contemporary Protestantism comes with HUGE STRINGS ATTACHED, of belief, morality, behavior, etc.
Embrace the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus :) www.scribd.com/doc/31322017/Salvation ...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#13 Dec 30, 2012
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Embrace the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus :) www.scribd.com/doc/31322017/Salvation ...
Reject simplistic kindergarten nonsense and grow up spiritually -- spiritual adulthood is fine, believe me.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 1, 2013
Another year closer to the reign of the Antichrist!
www.scribd.com/doc/22629976/They-Shall ...
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Jan 1, 2013
Babylon religion = modern christianity = catholicism = islam. Get it? IDOLATRY

Location hidden

#16 Jan 2, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone gives you a garage, standing in it doesn't make you into a car.
God gives you faith, you demonstrate thanks by the works you produce, thus becoming a mature Christian.
"By their fruit you shall know them".
No argument there.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 2, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Reject simplistic kindergarten nonsense and grow up spiritually -- spiritual adulthood is fine, believe me.
Jesus warned that if you do not become a child, you will NOT enter the kingdom of heaven!

Location hidden

#18 Jan 2, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
Uh-huh. Sure do :)

Location hidden

#19 Jan 4, 2013
We are warned by the prophet Daniel regarding the Antichrist: "by peace,(he) shall destroy many." World peace will come one day, but it will not be of the Lord God. www.scribd.com/doc/22629976 ...

Location hidden

#20 Jan 6, 2013
In order for the one-world government to come into being, America will have to lose its power, influence and freedom. That will now happen thanks to 8 years of Barack Obama and his cursed minions! Within years, we will have a financial collapse. Will you then look to the Lord God for solace? The "Rapture" will be your only hope when hunger and desperation come upon the land. Seek His face while there is yet time: www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

Location hidden

#21 Jan 6, 2013
Flygerian wrote:
And Islam will team up with Catholicism in the "Last Days" to persecute true Christians. A hard pill to swallow for the lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 19 min WasteWater 6,410
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 42 min Strel 1,617
Noah’s ark and the rainbow. 1 hr Big Al 159
Is Yahweh Blue? (Nov '11) 1 hr Lostidentity 4
*Forgiveness* 2 hr Barnsweb 203
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Redeemed 84,276
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 6 hr dollarsbill 2,746
More from around the web