First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#105 Mar 10, 2013
Your bible says god killed every human except 8. Ironic winky face.
Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>
Genocide? Now you're just being dramatic.:)
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#106 Mar 10, 2013
Jupiter was "a Dragons"?

F**k off!
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they were referred to a Dragons which are 'referenced' throughout civilization...
Dino is a made up word...
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#107 Mar 10, 2013
NDanger is too cretinous to realise that all words were made up at some point or other.
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would dragon not be a made up word too?
Dragons traditionally live in caves and breath fire and have other magical powers,some even talk and some can fly. The only thing they have in common with dinosaurs is that they are reptilian.
Christians usually try to claim that dragon means jackal when they're are asked why the bible claims that creatures which we know for a fact never existed, existed. So is a dragon a dinosaur or a jackal?

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#108 Mar 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Jupiter was "a Dragons"?
F**k off!
<quoted text>
Jupiter who? You friggin' twit...
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#109 Mar 10, 2013
Everything we have discovered has turned out to be "not magic".

Have you heard of the god of the gaps?
Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies, Roland, as I truly did not intend to insult you. Your idea of "accurate" is limited to the natural realm, and my understanding includes the supernatural realm, which you do not believe exists. Therefore I don't believe my explanations will mean anything to you at all. Do you agree?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#110 Mar 10, 2013
Just realised you posted "god of the gaps" hours before me. Difficult to read all the posts first before responding until Topix groups them better... Sorry Roland.
Roland_Deschain wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not use the word 'insult' in my previous reply. I merely asked why you think it is arrogant for me to rely on science to understand the world around me.
<quoted text>
My idea of accurate includes empirical evidence to support a claim.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"God of the gaps" is a bit of theological reasoning which invokes divine intervention as a way to understand natural phenomena that science is unable to explain; since we don't know how x happens, it is assumed that Goddidit. Of course, scientists and most rationalists would argue that naturalistic explanations for still-mysterious phenomena are always possible."
http://tinyurl.com/a2hylyj
<quoted text>
As I have already explained, I think the supernatural is highly improbable. However, I'm open to being proven wrong.
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#111 Mar 11, 2013
"Just because something's unexplained doesn't mean it's supernatural" - Harry Houdini

“The supernatural is the natural not yet understood.“- Elbert Hubbard

"I think the supernatural is a catch-all for everything we don't understand about the vast other parts of life that we cannot perceive." - William Shatner

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Human microchipping on rise; researchers warn o... 4 min dollarsbill 1
NBC Predicts: All Americans Will Receive A Micr... 7 min dollarsbill 1
Is there a microchip implant in your future? 10 min dollarsbill 3
Another Civil War in the US? 11 min dollarsbill 7
Let's talk about God's definition of love 13 min dollarsbill 548
Why doesn't God let its believers know who has ... 17 min dollarsbill 772
sex talk addiction 20 min dollarsbill 134
From The Desk Of Pastor LDM 23 min dollarsbill 73
Answer This,If You Will and If You Can... 26 min Passing thru 71
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr Huntington Guy 18,485