Why would any all powerful god need t...
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#42 Mar 5, 2013
How do miscarried foetuses sin?
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Romans 6:23 (ESV)
23 For the wages of sin is death,

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#43 Mar 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
How do miscarried foetuses sin?
<quoted text>
They don't.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#44 Mar 5, 2013
Do thank your god for miscarriages.

The cu*t.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't.
one way

Kleinfeltersville, PA

#45 Mar 5, 2013
God needs nothing, but his creation needs God. Therefore the creation whom worships its Creator is doing that what is natural, to admire the one whom created them.
one way

Kleinfeltersville, PA

#47 Mar 5, 2013
FundiMENTALslayer wrote:
<quoted text>WARNING WARNING! PENNY NATIVE alert! PENNY NATIVE alert! WARNING
Stick to the topic, because YOU MAKE NO SENSE.

Location hidden

#48 Mar 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The cu*t.
<quoted text>
There is a cure for illiteracy.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#50 Mar 6, 2013
It's called apostasy.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a cure for illiteracy.

Location hidden

#51 Mar 6, 2013
Thinking wrote:
It's called apostasy.
<quoted text>
More illiteracy. You shouldn't get on forums until you learn to read.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#52 Mar 6, 2013
Oh the irony.

You think jesus was illiterate because he didn't know who his dad was.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
More illiteracy. You shouldn't get on forums until you learn to read.

Location hidden

#53 Mar 6, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Oh the irony.
You think jesus was illiterate because he didn't know who his dad was.
<quoted text>
Wrong again, He knew.

Matthew 7:21 (NKJV)
21 "Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of MY FATHER in heaven.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#54 Mar 6, 2013
Why?
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, He knew.
Matthew 7:21 (NKJV)
21 "Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of MY FATHER in heaven.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#55 Mar 6, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Do thank your god for cot death.
Do thank your god for childhood leukaemia.
<quoted text>
No, I don't. I also don't know what that has to do with my previous post, but I sense a great deal of frustration and hurt in your questions, which frankly I find understandable. I see alot of painful things as a hospital chaplain and I find my peace by remembering we have a broken world and there is hope for it in the love and power of Christ. I hope you find peace.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#56 Mar 6, 2013
Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't. I also don't know what that has to do with my previous post, but I sense a great deal of frustration and hurt in your questions, which frankly I find understandable. I see alot of painful things as a hospital chaplain and I find my peace by remembering we have a broken world and there is hope for it in the love and power of Christ. I hope you find peace.
A hospital chaplain? No wonder you're one of the few decent fundies in the forum. We have a priest from India staying a month to learn Spanish. He brought three priest friends to the mission Monday and one of them is working as a chaplain at a hospital where I worked for almost fifteen years. With padre, that made five priests in the same room at once. I suggested a basketball game, The Padres Versus The Pagans.

God bless you, Stedfast.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#57 Mar 7, 2013
If only you knew of an all powerful deity that could've made the world a better place.

I firmly believe that Dark Ages christianity inflicted a terrible set back on our progress. We should have cured disease centuries ago.

Those that praise god for all they deem good, whilst blaming man for all they deem bad, are part of this problem.
Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#58 Mar 7, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If only you knew of an all powerful deity that could've made the world a better place.
I firmly believe that Dark Ages christianity inflicted a terrible set back on our progress. We should have cured disease centuries ago.
Those that praise god for all they deem good, whilst blaming man for all they deem bad, are part of this problem.
<quoted text>
We are in agreement about the Dark Ages, but not about blaming. I don't blame the human race, but believe we need to take responsibility for our own actions and the state of the world as it is. It is too easy to blame God for things we are responsible to "oversee" - feeding each other, helping each other, loving each other. When we fail, we blame God, which of course does't work.

Natural disasters and tragedies may not be the direct result of individual decisions, but are the result of a broken planet that wasn't supposed to be this way (what Biblical Christians call the "curse"). God has a provision for all these things, and although everyone of us would like to ask Him why He set up the world to work this way, entrusting it to such as ourselves, I have come to believe the only other option would have been to completely destroy it forever - something He wasn't willing to do. He could have started over with one of His other spheres, I'm grateful for His provision for another chance.

The problem is within us - not with God.

Location hidden

#59 Mar 7, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
A hospital chaplain? No wonder you're one of the few decent fundies in the forum. We have a priest from India staying a month to learn Spanish. He brought three priest friends to the mission Monday and one of them is working as a chaplain at a hospital where I worked for almost fifteen years. With padre, that made five priests in the same room at once. I suggested a basketball game, The Padres Versus The Pagans.
God bless you, Stedfast.
Hi 15th - that basketball game sounds hilarious...God bless you too.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#60 Mar 7, 2013
If you believe your god to be all powerful then I believe your god is evil because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
Stedfast wrote:
<quoted text>
We are in agreement about the Dark Ages, but not about blaming. I don't blame the human race, but believe we need to take responsibility for our own actions and the state of the world as it is. It is too easy to blame God for things we are responsible to "oversee" - feeding each other, helping each other, loving each other. When we fail, we blame God, which of course does't work.
Natural disasters and tragedies may not be the direct result of individual decisions, but are the result of a broken planet that wasn't supposed to be this way (what Biblical Christians call the "curse"). God has a provision for all these things, and although everyone of us would like to ask Him why He set up the world to work this way, entrusting it to such as ourselves, I have come to believe the only other option would have been to completely destroy it forever - something He wasn't willing to do. He could have started over with one of His other spheres, I'm grateful for His provision for another chance.
The problem is within us - not with God.

Location hidden

#61 Mar 7, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why?
<quoted text>
VERY ignorant question.
little lamb

Australia

#62 Mar 7, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Its true ..The middle ages was a time of terrible injustices by the church..Jesus warned his disciples " the night was coming when no man could do any work"

and when you know night means darkness, and you know that the Light was flickering in men...because at the same time it was the monasteries with Christians that were founding schools and hospitals and were the ones that started to investigate in a scientific manner...All had their genesis in Christian thinking the promise Jesus made was he is returning ..and he is the light...and he says we will do the works he did even greater works...And he rose the dead.

A person who is an atheistic scientist weighs up evidence by what he sees...he is limited.

a Christian on the other hand is told by Jesus 'nothing is impossible for us ' if we have FAITH.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#63 Mar 8, 2013
Until I see statistical evidence that believer's children have better outcomes from leukaemia, or that you have less miscarriages or less cot deaths, then I shall continue to file this claim under "Bollocks".
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
a Christian on the other hand is told by Jesus 'nothing is impossible for us ' if we have FAITH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BIBLE QUESTIONS to KAB 17 min Jesus is 91
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 35 min I love jesus 20,541
Can Someone Please Explain Luke 17:34 for me? (May '10) 58 min Old Earth Dude 44
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 1 hr KAB 2,451
Why the Earth Was Created in Six Days 1 hr I love jesus 76
The Moral Failure Of Christians 2 hr ROG 20
PAUL OUR FATHER . 1Cor 4: 15 (Feb '16) 2 hr little lamb 115
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 2 hr KAB 352
More from around the web